• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The B/W Nuzlocke Challenge

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jessie_James

I have returned!
(If this is up somewhere already I apologize)

A Nuzlocke Challenge is another way of making your games fun and is quite challenging.

It was started by someone who decided to make their game of Ruby interesting by applying a few rules. Those same rules apply to this challenge and are as follows.

Rules
- Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.

- You may only catch the first Pokémon encountered in each area, and none else. If the first Pokémon encountered faints or flees, there are no second chances.

- All Pokémon are to be nicknamed.

Those are the only rules you MUST stick to, though there are optional rules such as only using Pokémon Centers to heal, and the like. But I'll leave it to you to decide those.

Many people draw comics or images detailing what's happened in their game. This is not mandatory but is encouraged. It doesn't matter if you think you can't draw, give it a go!

Your challenge ends when you defeat the Elite Four Champion.

Mine:
Tepig (Bastra) -male-

lloyd094

Experienced Trainer
This sounds like an interesting idea, but I'm not gonna screw up my game first. I think I'll go through the game and beat it, then go back through with "new" teams and try it. I like it!

I'm pretty sure because of the lack of dungeons and lower difficulty, the BW Nuzlocke challenge will be easier than other challenges

The Ram

1-* Rotation Trainer
That sounds interesting, but, I think I'd rather try with my Emerald than my Black, Crystal or Platinum Versions... Would I just update it to this Thread, or what?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
I'm already doing a Monotype Challenge but a Nuzlocke Challenge might actually be more fun. I'm in. I would love to do a comic for my challenge but I honestly can't draw so I'll do a standard Nuzlocke Challenge without a comic.

Well I started the game and I chose Oshawott as my Starter Pokemon this time. I battled against Cheren and Bianca and I headed on over to Professor Juniper's lab. I got to nickname my Oshawott there; I named it "Joshua". I then left the lab and obtained a Town Map from my mom. Cheren, Bianca and I left to Route 1 where Professor Juniper showed us how to capture Pokemon. I received my Poke Balls and I captured a wild Lillipup; I named it "Cane". I then arrived in Accumula Town and I went to the Pokemon Center. I got stuff done there and I headed for Route 1 to train some more. After 15 minutes I went to the town square and battled N. Joshua leveled up and I saved at the Pokemon Center after healing.

My current team:
:501: - Joshua level 8
:506: - Cane level 4

You'll be sorry

=(

BlazingCold

Yeah. I can't do that :p. Lenora was a pain in the Buffalo-Ox. But I am actually going right now :D. and im never releasing my starter :p

Dragrath

Dragon Onslaught
?! you would really release everything (In other words game over at lenora?) Seems very excessive...

agunimon45

I think it's fine if you keep the KOed pokemon in the box, and you can't use it again. Releasing it seems like a big waste..

well i guess as long as u never use the pokemon after it faints then it works the same. but if ur gunna do a nuzlocke run this would be the gen to do it cause this one was easy and i never lost a battle throughout the whole game. maybe lost two pokemon max but definately worth a try if i decide to also buy pokemon black

Pikasaur

Lazy Summer
Shouldnt it be that the challenge ends after you beat N in his castle?

im only asking because alder isnt battle-able until after the credits and he is technically the E4 champ.

Lorde

I think it's fine if you keep the KOed pokemon in the box, and you can't use it again. Releasing it seems like a big waste..

Yeah, I've heard of other Nuzlocke Challenges where you're allowed to deposit the Pokemon if it faints. That way, you can use it again once the challenge is over. Personally, though, I'm releasing my Pokemon. I'm going to start the game over eventually so I don't care about losing some Pokemon. If my challenge ends early then I'll just start over from the beginning. My mind is made up already and I've started my challenge, so I'll just go with the flow :cool:

So anyway, I left Accumula Town and received the Running Shoes from my mom. I encountered a wild Patrat on Route 2 and I captured it. I named it "Bieber". I trained on Route 2 and I collected some items as well. I got to Striaton City and I healed at the Pokemon Center. I bought some Potions and then I battled Cheren at the Trainers' School. It was a challenge but I managed to pull through the battle with Joshua's help. I got some berries from Cheren and I left to the Dreamyard. I battled some more and got a Pansear from a girl there. I named it "Aries" and I went to train it on Route 2 for a while. After leveling everyone up a bit I headed for the Striaton City Gym. I met Cilan at the door, got Fresh Water from the Gym guy and saved.

My current team:
:501: - Joshua level 14
:506: - Cane level 8
:504: - Bieber level 7
:513: - Aries level 12

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I'm doing one in white. I beat Cress so far. I've only had 4 deaths. 2 patrats and 2 lillipups D= My team is Nibtoo the patrat, Roscoe the tepig, and Cleft the pansage.

Last edited:
Wish you good luck with Lenora. Her shampoo is made out of the blood and tears she claims from Nuzlokers.

Funnily enough, she missed Hypnosis THRICE in my Nuzlocke and I 6-0'ed her...

And then she killed three of my pokémon in my first non-Nuzlocke run.

And then FIVE in my second one.

God.

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I got to Necrene city and on the way I caught a male pidove and a male woobat named Sniffles. So my team right now is tepig, patrat, pansage, audino, pidove, and woobat. I kind of hope audino faints soon because it's pretty weak.

I'm waiting until I get my copy of Pokemon Black back from my sister, then I'm going to start the challenge.

I wonder how Wild Double Battles and Nurse/Doctor Healing will effect grinding. Also, like RSE, Exp.Share is available early in the game.

Lorde

Well, the first Gym wasn't much of a problem. I battled the Gym trainers and I left to heal. I returned to the Gym and I challenged Cilan to a battle. I defeated his Lillipup with Joshua and then I defeated his Pansage with Aries. I got the Trio Badge and the TM for Work Up and I left the Gym. I healed again and I left to the Dreamyard. I met Bianca there, we found a Munna and I battled Team Plasma. Once that was done I obtained the C-Gear from Fennel and I left to Route 3. I battled a bit at the preschool and then I battled against Cheren. I beat him and then I made my way to Wellspring Cave to take care of Team Plasma, again. I found a wild Pidove along the way and I captured that. I named her "Cynthia" and I saved before going into the cave.

My current team:
:501: - Joshua level 16
:506: - Cane level 10
:504: - Bieber level 9
:513: - Aries level 15
:519: - Cynthia level 10

freakingtimbush

PKMN Trainer Timothy
I don't think people realize how hard nuzlocke is this gen. Grinding was ruined this gen isn't any easier. People who never lost a battle were most likely over leveled. ;100;

EDITED!!!:: You pley til the credits roll.

Last edited:

Nibbles4Ever

1 more day ^^
I caught a throw and named him Arnold. lol not the pokemon I wanted from that route but oh well. I replaced audino with it though so thats good.

Status
Not open for further replies.