• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "Bad Habits" thread.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
I bite my nails to the point of shedding blood. It's not fun. I once tried not to bite my nails when I was younger, and I was doing pretty well until I cut my thumb with my other thumbnail when the van pulled into the church parking lot, and I didn't have a band-aid on me. So in spite, I chewed my nails off. Yeah.

I've also gained the habit of pulling my hair. It's gotten bad enough I think I have trichotillomania. I had gained a small bald spot in my senior year, so for half of the year, I wore a ponytail. But even then, I still pull my hair. It's awful, and I hate this habit more-so than chewing my nails. Because of it, I really have to keep my hands busy or I start pulling.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I have the habbit of when I have an itchy head I hit myself on the head hard until it goes away, I'm gonna have some real "dame bramage" soon

General Nonsense

Star Glider
I pick at the skin around my fingernails. Sometimes I pick at it until it bleeds. It hurts a lot, but for some reason I can't break myself of the habit.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I pick at the skin around my fingernails. Sometimes I pick at it until it bleeds. It hurts a lot, but for some reason I can't break myself of the habit.

Then you need to do what I do face the demons in your head, fight them til you kill them, I've beat many habbits by doing this the only thing is sometimes you jerk your head when you get punched in your mind

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Then you need to do what I do face the demons in your head, fight them til you kill them, I've beat many habbits by doing this the only thing is sometimes you jerk your head when you get punched in your mind

My bad habit is more of a compulsion as opposed to doing it because something is bothering me. I really wish I could just kick the bad habit in the pants, but I've had little success doing that.

ManhattanTheStarr

I have a few bad habits, of which are: biting my nails (a pretty common one, I'm sure), talking to myself (if that can be counted as a bad habit), doodling in class, and also a very peculiar habit of eating cardboard...

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
My bad habit is more of a compulsion as opposed to doing it because something is bothering me. I really wish I could just kick the bad habit in the pants, but I've had little success doing that.

Well that's the same thing I have, so its sometimes not that easy but other times you beat it and it never comes back it just looks like your jerking your head or falling asleep and then you are woken up abruptly that's all

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Well I mean pretend in your mind you are fighting a version of yourself and each one of yourself is a habbit, if you kick its but its gone for good and that habbit is done and over with, sorry if I sound like I am not making any sense

General Nonsense

Star Glider
Well I mean pretend in your mind you are fighting a version of yourself and each one of yourself is a habbit, if you kick its but its gone for good and that habbit is done and over with, sorry if I sound like I am not making any sense

I think I understand what you mean now. I'm not sure how well that method would work for me. I suppose it's worth a try, but I've tried things like that in the past and it hasn't helped all that much.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I think I understand what you mean now. I'm not sure how well that method would work for me. I suppose it's worth a try, but I've tried things like that in the past and it hasn't helped all that much.

Doesn't work for everyone, it is worth a try though

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I have a bad habit for not caring about people and their problems.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader