• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "Bad Habits" thread.

Flame Mistress

Another bad habit (well, technically) of mine is that I get very defensive when people say anything about South Korea. It's not entirely my fault, though - I was just brought up that way, along with presumably everyone else who's Korean. =/

Poetry

Dancing Mad
Another bad habit (well, technically) of mine is that I get very defensive when people say anything about South Korea. It's not entirely my fault, though - I was just brought up that way, along with presumably everyone else who's Korean. =/

I know a lot of people who are like that, but I personally (by the sounds of it) tend not to be as defensive as you are... If someone says something derogatory about South Korea then I retaliate sometimes but often I just... let it pass. I think it's because I've had so much crap thrown at me all my life that eventually you just sort of become immune to it.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner

Same with me and Japan (but not China, for relatively obvious reasons). Then they accuse me of being a weeaboo, even though I'm already Japanese to begin with... :/

Chili

I stick my fingers in my mouth on my canines trying to wiggle them because they won't come out. Then my teacher was like "Joaquin is your mouth okay?" And I was like "Ya.."

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I sometimes have people slam there hand as hard as they can on my hand, it doesn't hurt, not sure if its a habbit but I do like watching people laugh when it doesn't hurt sometimes their hands hurt, its kinda like I can completely solidly my hand into something as hard as a rock

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I sometimes have people slam there hand as hard as they can on my hand, it doesn't hurt, not sure if its a habbit but I do like watching people laugh when it doesn't hurt sometimes their hands hurt, its kinda like I can completely solidly my hand into something as hard as a rock

Yeah... any habit that involves others getting hurt is bad. o_o

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Yeah... any habit that involves others getting hurt is bad. o_o

Well its not something I do often though so its really just something I did last year, I have almost ditched it completely, now my only real habbit (I forgot to mention it before) is that I stay away from people in school as much as possible

Chili

A bit of a odd habit.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Well its not something I do often though so its really just something I did last year, I have almost ditched it completely, now my only real habbit (I forgot to mention it before) is that I stay away from people in school as much as possible

Again, I don't see why you try to avoid people as much as possible. Yeah, even if you might hate them or they might hate you, you're going to have to encounter them sometime, so why not encounter them all the time?

Besides, if they see you more and more often, they'll start caring less that you're in their field of vision.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Again, I don't see why you try to avoid people as much as possible. Yeah, even if you might hate them or they might hate you, you're going to have to encounter them sometime, so why not encounter them all the time?

Besides, if they see you more and more often, they'll start caring less that you're in their field of vision.

Well its mainly just cause they hate me, they have since middle school and just never even gave me a reason why, I was always a good kid takes notes, tried to make friends but now, its well just sad that 98% of the people I went to school with there hate me still even after 5 years

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Well its mainly just cause they hate me, they have since middle school and just never even gave me a reason why, I was always a good kid takes notes, tried to make friends but now, its well just sad that 98% of the people I went to school with there hate me still even after 5 years

Well, if you just cower in fear, they'll just think even littler of you. Just pass by them everyday without saying anything to them, and they won't think low of you as much. :)

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Well, if you just cower in fear, they'll just think even littler of you. Just pass by them everyday without saying anything to them, and they won't think low of you as much. :)

That is actually what I do, I try to interact with some people in 2 of my classes, both my histories, I say hi to others, I make an effort but they just don't care

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
That is actually what I do, I try to interact with some people in 2 of my classes, both my histories, I say hi to others, I make an effort but they just don't care

Oh, I didn't mean that you had to put that much effort. Just being around them means that you don't let their negative opinion of you get to you. :)

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Oh, I didn't mean that you had to put that much effort. Just being around them means that you don't let their negative opinion of you get to you. :)

Well I mean that I say hi to people I was once friends with and they turn the other cheek, even my best friend since I was about from age 8-14 ignores me, so as you can see I don't have many friends just 3 I see occasionally one in my health class every other day one at video game club and one at random times in school

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Well I mean that I say hi to people I was once friends with and they turn the other cheek, even my best friend since I was about from age 8-14 ignores me, so as you can see I don't have many friends just 3 I see occasionally one in my health class every other day one at video game club and one at random times in school

But what I'm saying is that sometimes, it's better to passively deliver a message than to actively deliver a message. By passing by them everyday in the halls, you're passively saying to them that you don't care whether or not people have a negative opinion of you, whereas if you say "hi" and they ignore you, your effort is all for naught.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
But what I'm saying is that sometimes, it's better to passively deliver a message than to actively deliver a message. By passing by them everyday in the halls, you're passively saying to them that you don't care whether or not people have a negative opinion of you, whereas if you say "hi" and they ignore you, your effort is all for naught.

Exactly, just wish that people weren't like the way they are today

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Well, don't try to force change down people's throats. It'll just make people dislike you even more.

I'm not trying to change anyone, just saying wish that everyone just wasn't so judgemental when they look at you and then just go hmm I don't like this person just by looks and not getting to know anyone

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I'm not trying to change anyone, just saying wish that everyone just wasn't so judgemental when they look at you and then just go hmm I don't like this person just by looks and not getting to know anyone

I know you're not trying to actively change anybody. I'm just saying that you're just going to have to live with it, I guess. :/

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
I know you're not trying to actively change anybody. I'm just saying that you're just going to have to live with it, I guess. :/

Yeah I know I'm trying to come to live to it