• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "Bad Habits" thread.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Driving around corners way too fast.

As someone who can't drive yet, I can assure you that it's worse for the passengers that have to endure bad driving than for the driver themselves. o:

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
hehe, agreed XD

i play games while watching tv while listening to music and listening to my friend talk XD

How do you watch TV and play games at the same time? Unless you mean like on a handheld system, in which case, how do you maintain equal attention between the two? o:

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
yeah my 3ds.
idk XD i am a multitasker XD.
its not usually equal though, my friend usually is too loud XD

I understand playing your 3DS, listening to its music (or music from some other source, like an iPod), and listening to your friend talk all at the same time, but factor TV into the equation and it all falls apart for me. o:

wc662

Green Goblin
smoking cigarettes

PsychicPsycho

How do you watch TV and play games at the same time?
I'm almost always watching tv while playing pokemon. As for dividing attention, most of what I watch is sports, so I look back and forth depending on where the action is.

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
One of my bad habbits is chewing off dead skin on my fingers -_-

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I'm almost always watching tv while playing pokemon. As for dividing attention, most of what I watch is sports, so I look back and forth depending on where the action is.

Oh, well if you put it that way, I guess that works. I always assume TV programs with constant action that one can't really miss. :)

disposable_heroes

<- Best PKMN Ever
Always turning around in Slender games. No matter how much I try to avoid doing that, there's just that impulse to look back.

It even happens when I'm at 7/8 or 8/8 pages and trying to find the exit, only to find that Slenderman has snuck up behind me.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Always turning around in Slender games. No matter how much I try to avoid doing that, there's just that impulse to look back.

It even happens when I'm at 7/8 or 8/8 pages and trying to find the exit, only to find that Slenderman has snuck up behind me.

Slender... *shudder*

If you're at 6 or more pages, I'd just keep going for more pages instead of being extra-vigilant and looking behind you all the time. After all, too much of anything (even vigilance) is bad for you. o:

Moonlight_Tails

Nocturnal Trainer
I understand playing your 3DS, listening to its music (or music from some other source, like an iPod), and listening to your friend talk all at the same time, but factor TV into the equation and it all falls apart for me. o:

I play my DSi XL (with sound off) and watch tv at the same time. usually can keep up with both.

I also procrastinate too much.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I play my DSi XL (with sound off) and watch tv at the same time. usually can keep up with both.

Oh, if the music is off, then I understand being able to do both at the same time. I thought that the DS sound would be on along with the other music and the TV's audio.

Hydreigon6507

One of mine that is that I stay up late and play games... Then I am cranky the next day.

chibois

i overanalyze just about everything i do. for instance i did all kinds of crazy calculating to find a pokemon capable of soloing the elite 4 rematch in b/w2 challenge mode before even owning the game...

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
i overanalyze just about everything i do. for instance i did all kinds of crazy calculating to find a pokemon capable of soloing the elite 4 rematch in b/w2 challenge mode before even owning the game...

I wouldn't really call that a "bad" habit, just something that you do, I guess.
After all, it doesn't really harm anybody that you're so analytical about things that you're passionate about. :)

chibois

well it gets problematic when i dont do things i cant solve in advance. like most of life. i dont know how to just take risks