• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The "Bad Habits" thread.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner

SmeargleRocks

Reputable Trader
Well, whatever you do, just be yourself and as passive as possible. :)

Okay I will, and I will try to make some friends with the ways you suggested :3

Probably my worst habit is grinding my teeth and it usually happens unconsciously. I think it happens when I'm cold or nervous. For example, on time in class, my bottom wire of my braces broke. I recognized the familiar pressure on my lower teeth (my braces broke a lot of time before) that happens when my wires break and I remembered that I was clenching my teeth before. I remember one morning I woke up with a really stiff jaw, and I'm wondering if that's the cause of it.

Another habit I get is sometimes during class, I get really anxious for some reason and I start to shake my legs. One time my heart started to race for no reason and I felt like getting up from my seat to take a walk. It's a weird, uncomfortable feeling like I can't sit still.

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
Another habit I get is sometimes during class, I get really anxious for some reason and I start to shake my legs.

Do you anxiously shake your legs or do you just bounce them up and down?

Both are bad habits, I guess, but shaking legs due to anxiety is arguably worse. D:

xerxes

ようこそ!ワタシの音楽工場へへへへへ
i've been doing everything to keep myself from biting my fingernails. there's been some progress but then i reach a point where i unconsciously bite one off and then continue with the rest to make them even...

Navarch

Same as the above, I really try not to bite my fingernails, but I can't stop sometimes. Though, it is hard to do it when you have braces so...

Do you anxiously shake your legs or do you just bounce them up and down?

Both are bad habits, I guess, but shaking legs due to anxiety is arguably worse. D:

I think it's a bit of both. It's mostly bouncing them up and down but they also shake as well.

Whenever I'm on the city bus, and if I have a song stuck in my head, I always tap my feat and sometimes my hands to the beat. It's more unconscious, and I usually notice it after a while. But I always wonder if people notice me doing it. That's why I feel kinda embarrassed after lol. And I do bite my nails as well. Even though I don't like to wear nail polish, it's seems to be the only thing that stops me from biting. I might look in to getting some worry beads to see if it will help.

Flame Mistress

I also bounce my leg up and down subconsciously sometimes. My dad does it too, so I think I may have got it from him, one way or the other...

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I also bounce my leg up and down subconsciously sometimes. My dad does it too, so I think I may have got it from him, one way or the other...

Just convince yourself that you're going to slowly shake away all of that money that you've saved up each time you bounce your leg. :)

Ryboy

Skyla Fanboy!!!!!
heres a small list
1. Being usually pessimistic
2. Having my friends take control of my life (as in, want to hang with them, talk/text/etc 24/7 and whatnot) when i should concentrate on finding a job and going to college
3. Being a grammar nazi
4. Playing video games to odd hours in the morning and then sleeping all day

Mimori Kiryu

I bite my nails and I just can't stop. I'm usually a half glass empty kinda girl. I'm pretty blunt when it comes to my opinions. I have a cussing problem.

Yeah...

Wishing Star

Astral Charm Owner
I bite my nails and I just can't stop. I'm usually a half glass empty kinda girl. I'm pretty blunt when it comes to my opinions. I have a cussing problem.

Yeah...

I'd say that the former-most and the latter-most are habits, whereas the middle two are just your personality. The middle two, in my opinion, would just be super hard to change and probably not worth it.

You should convince yourself that every time you cuss, a cat dies or something. I wouldn't know any real way to cut down on cussing, though, since I don't really cuss at all. ):

Cheza

Dovahkiin
1 - I play way too much computer games
2 - I always leave things/assignments to the last minute
3 - I drink way too much Coke
4 - My notes are all filled with doodles
5 - I daydream a lot
...Enough is enough in case someone finds this xD

Aquanova

My bad habits include:

Grinding my teeth when mad or stressed
Eating a lot of junk food and not enough healthy foods