• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Balance | An Anthem of Worlds [Registration Thread]

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Preamble

(a.n.: Keep this in mind - this is a Kingdom Hearts roleplay. If you feel confused at any part of the post, feel free to skip down to the Q & A part first to see if that helps. You really don't need to know all of the back-story material - just get to know the parts that deal strictly with this roleplay.)

With the announcement of Kingdom Hearts 3 I instantly dug through my closet for my old Play Station 2 and started up Kingdom Hearts. I cleared the game and decided to play through every single Kingdom Hearts game. Well I've immersed myself in Kingdom Hearts so much that soon I started to think what my adventures would be in this universe. The result of my decision to play the games is this:

<<Click banner for theme>>

Preface

When Kingdom Hearts is complete, it is said the one who opens its door will bring about the creation of the Next World. Such a feat is above any human. Or, to put it in a different way: whoever opens that door will be reborn as something far greater than human. Light and darkness are two sides of the same coin; without darkness, there is no light. The Keyblade wielder's great war over Kingdom Hearts was fought by defenders of the light, servants of darkness, those who sought to reconcile the two, and those motivated by nothing more than lust for power. A whole spectrum of thought was swept into the conflict, and the worlds that did not go to war found the war brought to them. in the end, the whole World was cast into darkness. That was how the ancient Keyblade War drew to a close. To this day, no one has ever managed to open the door to Kingdom Hearts...

- Xehanort's Report, page 4

Introduction

All journeys begin with only a single step.

It all began with a single world, constantly bathed in the warmth of Light. When people began to fight over the Light within their world, Darkness appeared in their hearts, and the world was consumed. However, fragments of light remained within the hearts of children. From this light, children were able to rebuild the lost world. But darkness still existed, that's why the worlds were then surrounded by barriers, to prevent outside interference, making impossible for different worlds to have contact. The arrival of the Heartless caused the barriers between the worlds to crumble and disappear, and some worlds were even consumed by the Heartless. Gummi Blocks are actually pieces of these broken barriers. Those who travel between worlds are advised to limit their interactions with the inhabitants of foreign worlds, and their meddling in the affairs of those worlds, in order to maintain a balance of separation.

Light and Darkness coexist, and with it there comes a sensitive balance. Those who have given themselves over to darkness seek the ruin this balance in favor of the darkness under which they serve. The duty of guarding this balance has fallen onto Keyblade wielders, warriors of the balance who use a special weapon - the Keyblade. The origins of the Keyblade is certainly unclear. There are many documents such in reference to special qualities of the wielders and some give vague explanations of the Keyblade's power, but none have shown where the Keyblade originated, or how it is created, or even what their original purpose might have been. One legend tells of the valiant Keyblade Master who saved the worlds, while another said he wrought chaos and destruction upon it. While these legends may appear to contradict themselves, it can be assumed that the Keyblade Master chooses how to use the Keyblade, whether for good or evil.

The balance between light and darkness serves true for the Keyblade, there are those who exist within the Realm of Light but also those in the Realm of Darkness. The Keyblade War was a mysterious conflict in which Keyblade wielders of Light and Darkness clashed for the ultimate goal of the X-blade. The failed attempts resulted in the scarred remnants of a world now come to be known as the Keyblade Graveyard, and the eradication of most Keyblade wielders. While some fear the loss of keyblade wielders means their worlds are open to darkness, others are joyful that these "chaos bringers" are gone. In this time of peace, why were they necessary to begin with?

The winds of change are upon the world. Only time will tell what the future holds.

The Wielders

Every horizon hides a new possibility.

On the world of Sanctuary, there exist the last remaining Keyblade Wielders. After the Keyblade War they were so few in numbers they took to settle on a world all for themselves to train if the Balance were to ever be interrupted. Keyblade wielders from all worlds are eventually brought here in order to become Masters someday, the world is filled with non-wielders as well in order to create an entirely normal society complete with schools, hospitals, churches. The world is watched by "The Oath", a group of seven Keyblade Masters who have sworn to protect the balance between Light and Darkness and the worlds at all cost.

You are a Keyblade Wielder, while not yet versed in the ways of the Keyblade you are brought to Sanctuary. Most Keyblade wielders are brought to Sanctuary once they themselves have decided they are ready; however there have been instances where worlds have been destroyed and a keyblade wielder has been saved and brought to Sanctuary. There is a story, an ancient story told in the villages of Sanctuary about "The Balance". The Balance consists of the Heart, the Body, and the Spirit. Without these three, the balance could not survive. Those who lose their hearts to darkness, what becomes of them? Their heart, their body, would they become something? How about their Spirit - a powerful creature a Spirit could become no doubt...

Power of the Heart

• [*=3]
    Levels

In this roleplay, there will be a level system. Levels, simply put, is an indicator of what exactly you can equip and how well you will do against enemies. The higher your level is, the better you can keep up with enemies of higher levels, the better weapons you can equip, and the more abilities and magic you can use. Experience is gained by defeating enemies, unless the form or situation you are in requires a different method. Below is a list of stats possible to rise with each level-up:

1. Increase in Magic Points
2. Added Armor Slot
3. Added Accessory Slot
4. New Ability
5. New Spell
6. Extra Armor Gauge

• [*=3]
    EXP TABLE

Untitled%201_zpslb0xblie.png

• [*=3]
    Magic

One of two forms of basic offense that Keyblade wielders perform, the use of Magic, in most cases, is perceptibly more powerful than physical attacks, as well as capable of inflicting elemental damage. Party Members who excel with the use of magic are often classified as Mages. The use of Magic is limited by a character's Magic Points (MP, however not in the traditional way of the Kingdom Hearts Series. The use of Magic is unlimited in the sense that the use of a spell does not use up MP and there is no recharge time, MP in this roleplay is used to simply gauge the character's ability to learn a spell. Below is an example of a character's ability to learn one certain spell, Cure in this instance:

MP| 0-49 : Cure
50-99: Cura
100: Curaga

This is not to say you cannot learn any other spells, no, but while your character's MP points are under 50 they may only learn the basic spells (i.e. Fire, Blizzard, Thunder). Once they surpass 50 they may go on to learn the intermediate spells (Fira, Blizzara, Thundara), until finally they reach 100 in which case they can learn the advanced techniques including Firaga, Blizzaga, and Thundaga. New spells are learned by leveling up, and here is a complete list of spells available in this roleplay.

1.Fire
2. Blizzard
3. Thunder
4. Cure
5. Aero
6. Gravity
7. Stop
8. Magnet
9. Reflect
10. Poison

• [*=3]
    Abilities

Abilities are split into three categories: Support, Action, and Growth. Support abilities are usually ones that make your character stronger either offensively or defensively by upgrading your Attack or Magic. Action Abilities are abilities that usually give you a new technique. Growth abilities are abilities that help a character move around faster or allow him to dodge attacks more efficiently such as High Jump and Dodge Roll. Various weapons can also carry abilities on them, this enables a character to have the same ability multiple times. For a complete list of abilities available in this roleplay, visit this link:

List of Abilities

• [*=3]
    Armor form

A special ability that Keyblade Wielders are granted just before they set off to other worlds, usually by their Masters. This ability allow a Keyblade Wielder to transform into a stronger form by using their own life energy represented by armor gauges. An Armor Form allow the Wielder to use different, more powerful attacks and abilities but prohibits use of a character's normal abilities. Armor Form is reached by activated the armor piece equipped, and once activated the character is covered in a magical suit of armor that maximizes their potential with the Keyblade.

The Armor Gauge, limits the Armor Form from being used infinitely. The Armor Gauge is measured by a number that can be raised by defeating bosses or leveling up. The Armor Gauge is maxed out at nine, and there are several ways to fill the Armor Gauge. The most common way is by attacking enemies and bosses (the latter filling up the gauge much faster) who drop Armor Orbs. When the Armor Form is triggered, the Armor Gauge starts draining away, and depending on the levels of Armor Gauges the player has this Form can last either very long or only for a short amount of time. Once the Gauge has been used up of all its levels, the player will revert back into his normal form. Armor Forms can not be leveled, but its unique abilities - those specific to their armor form - can be transferred over to their normal form later on.

Standards /Enlistment

There are no rules of architecture for a castle in the clouds.

There is always this inevitable section; better before than after the Sign-Up form, that why at least SOME people will read them. The rules, then, are as follows:

- Please follow the rules of this forum. Obligatory line.

- Please be intelligent. Use your common sense. This will help us all avoid many of life's difficulties, and it stays true to this roleplay.

- Please listen to me. I am not out to get you or anything like that, and I'd really like it if everyone could get along, including me as the GM/Player and you as the players.

- Please don't godmode or take control of others' characters without their permission. Life is never devoid of challenges. Roleplays shouldn't be, either. Plus, if every encounter was solved in an easy and painless manner, this roleplay would quickly become extremely boring. As for the second part ... try not to do it unless you've somehow made a complicated amazing way where it works out for everyone.

- Please don't ditch. do it for the children. I know everyone either gets bored of the same thing, or really just has too much going on in life. But let's just try to get this as far as possible guys, for the children ;______________;

- Please do not be overly explicit. Since the roleplay is rated PG-16, there is a certain degree of freedom that one has. However, do not exceed the PG-16 rating with explicit sex scenes, or everyone will get in trouble (including you ... I think). Rule of thumb for life guys: when in doubt, don't show sex. It can be insinuated of course, but no explicit "50 shades of grey" crap going on here.

- Please have fun. Unless you're on a mission to inflict as much misery on yourself as possible, I hope this isn't too much to ask.

Note: Acceptance does not depend on reservation or priority of signing up, but on strength of the application.

• [*=3]
    Sign-Up Sheet:

Name:
Title/Moniker: A few words that describes your character, much like how Organization XIII each had their own title (i.e. Axel was "The Fury of Dancing Flames"). This is optional.
Home World: Really any Disney World you could think of, or an original world of your own creation. Note that if you come from an original world your world will have been destroyed and The Oath have brought you to Sanctuary.
Character Theme: Any song, or remix of a song, from any video game/anime series to act as a theme song for your character.
Battle Theme: The song that plays whenever someone battles you, the theme that represents your character's fighting spirit.

Background: About 2 - 3 paragraphs as a minimum. Up until your arrival at Sanctuary.

Personality: About 1 - 2 paragraphs as a minimum.

Description: About 2 - 3 paragraphs as a minimum. Your character's clothing will change once we arrive at Radiant Garden.

Starting Keyblade: A unique design, provide a picture if possible as that would provide an excellent substitution for a word description. If you cannot provide a picture, just describe the keyblade and keychain. You will change keychains further into the roleplay.

Magic: You are allowed one basic spell to start off with from the list in the Magic section above. Please provide a description of what exactly your spell does. Kingdom Hearts has been known to change what spells do exactly so I give you full freedom to decide what your spell does exactly, pick something that can grow as your character does.

Abilities: You are allowed three abilities to start off with, a Support Ability from your Keyblade and both an Action and Growth Ability from your own character. As long as they are considered beginner-esque abilities you should be okay, just don't get one that's horribly overpowered.

Armor Form: A description of the suit of armor you don when Armor Form is active, a picture substitution would work greatly in this field as well.
Abilities: Two unique abilities of your own creation that your Armor Form utilizes in place of your normal abilities.
Special Ability:A single unique ability that only you are able to use when in Armor Form. Once a member has been accepted, their Special Armor Ability may not be replicated.

Party: Up to 2 other Disney or Final Fantasy characters you choose to accompany you on your journey throughout this roleplay,or you can choose to partner up with any other Keyblade Wielders willing. Give their weapon descriptions and each can have two abilities.Once a member has been accepted, their Party Members may not be replicated.

Roleplay Sample: Just how did you end up in Sanctuary? Was your world consumed by the darkness, or were you born and raised here? This is story time, and be detailed about it.

F.A.Q.

"Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement."

Q1: What do I do? There's too much text.
A1: Yes, there is. If you don't care for reading then just go to the Wielders section for background information on the plot for this roleplay, then the Power of the Heart section for the mechanics of this roleplay.

Q2: You mentioned abilities, but how to Ability Points work?
A2: Umm...there are no Ability Points. That's right, once you have an ability it's yours to use. I figure it's a lot simpler that way.

Q3: How are we supposed to get from world to world?
A3: Excellent question, Keyblade Rides are no longer available as The Oath has taken away the magic to do so. In place we Keyblade Wielders will use what are known as "Star Shards", a special type of Gummi Block with the appearance of a star-shaped crystal, as opposed to the block-like Gummi Blocks. The Star Shard transports the user, as well as anyone in physical contact with the user, to a different World. If the user does not know how to control the shard, it activates its power randomly and the traveler never knows where he will land or when he will be transported away.

Q4: Where exactly in the timeline does this roleplay fit?
A4: Taking place in the ten year gap between Birth by Sleep and Kingdom Hearts 1, the events of Birth by Sleep are not in anyone's memories. With the disappearance of the Unversed, anyone and anything connected to them were either destroyed or had their memories wiped. Xehanort's exploits were proof that a Keyblade Master can truly live forever, it's better if no one remembers this...

Q5: Will we be free to roam around here? Or will you be posting chapters that we have to follow? How does this work?!
A5: Alright alright settle down, for the most part this will be free roam where you can roam around the world we're currently on and have your own adventures. HOWEVER, this does NOT mean you can travel between worlds freely. I will post occasional episodes which basically give you guidelines on what we're currently doing, this will usually be for major events in the story. So short answer: 70% free roam, 30 % episode driven; and no free travel between worlds.

Q6: You mention monsters a bunch of times in your descriptions. Where do these monsters come from anyway?
A6: "Truly inanimate objects, they cannot feel or possess a personality of their own. Brought to life by discarded thoughts and emotions of a forsaken heart and body, they are able to 'feel' strong hatred and connections towards those close to them, they bring neither darkness nor light...but rather a new beginning. 'Tis the power of the Soul...of the Somebody..."

Enjoy the game.

Accepted Players
I. Charizard_Man's "Riku Tamashi"
khchar2earrings_zpseygrebhf.png

"Lost and unsure, the boy is fading,
A distant fragment of nobody important."

Riku Tamashi
"The Swift Wind of Chaos"
Homeworld: Utovia
♓ Age 20
Male♂

/

Character Theme| “Path of the Wind
Battle Theme| “Sneak Chamber

/

Background| The actual legend of the "The Swift Wind of Chaos" goes back centuries in his world. Once there was a little girl whose family was murdered by a clan of thieves who reside underground, directly underneath her own village. The girl grew up training herself -isolating herself from her village - to avenge her family and to eradicate the thieves that lurked in the darkness, so by the time she became a woman, the village was darkness free. However, the girl had gazed into the abyss for too long; by dedicating her life to killing the thieves and criminals, she herself had become a monster, swallowed by the darkness. She attacked her own village, to make sure everything in the area was cleansed. Her judgement clouded by darkness, the entire village was destroyed well under five minutes. Witnesses say she couldn't be seen, as fast as the wind itself. She was feared throughout their world, given the name "The Swift Wind of Chaos" and characterized by her hooded red cloak. And so whoever called used that name would become feared within the hearts of the people of the world.

Of course, this was all a myth, a tale from Orien. The world he dwelled in is – or rather, was – known as Utovia, a futuristic paradise of a world. Utovia floats above the lower world of Orien, the hell-like lower world - like a low hanging moon; Utovia is a futuristic paradise filled with highly advanced technology which protects it against the intruders from the lower planet (wild beasts, and savage humans for the most part), which is controlled by The Nobility, the group of government leaders who are said to be responsible for running everything on this artificial world they created from the artificial sun that provides the world with light and warmth to cultivating the land and controlling the weather. Thought to be completely gone due to present day technology and the fact The Nobility completely abolished it, is the presence of magic. Those few who are still able to use it are “Artists”, as they refer to themselves as, and were snapped up to become Agents of The Nobility as, in essence, living weapons.

Riku was himself an Artist, but being discovered when he was young and being an orphan with no family connection, he spent most of his childhood being groomed to the peak of fitness so as to be exceptionally skilled when he went into service – although he also had an appetite for Orien tales, such as the old Swift Renegade tale listed above. Schooled in swordsmanship, martial arts and specializing in wind as his art, Riku entered the Nobility's service aged 15 as an apprentice to an eccentric alchemist named John Subtle, rumoured to be nearly 500 years old and said to be the former lover of Gloriana I (Utovia's parallel to Queen Elizabeth I). It was from Subtle that Riku learned a great deal of Orien, which Subtle claimed he had once visited and that it was where he gained the knowledge that allowed him to become such a powerful Artist. Riku initially dismissed it as senile delusions on Subtle's part, but remained intrigued about it nonetheless.

Subtle's methods of recommendation depended on a set of bizarre challenges to be completed, most of which seemed to be variations of dropping old spell books into rivers in ways that just happened to involve magic, but given his master's reputation, it somehow all made sense and Riku was highly recommended to becoming an Artist of the Nobility. In practice, however, this mainly involved becoming tutors to other younger Artists in training, with only the occasional bit of dirty work. It was also around this point he struck up a tentative relationship with a fellow Artist named Tifa, whose father had a large business in the East. While the two would deny they had a thing going, the blushes and nervous demeanour of both said otherwise.

The point where Riku's story really starts is around the point Subtle came in contact with him after a while. The shaky penmanship indicated he was in trouble; he wrote that Orien was in danger of being consumed by the darkness, and that the stars were dimming one by one, and that Utovia was in danger of fading away next. Anxious as to what this meant, Riku paid his old master a visit, only to find him collapsed on the floor, mumbling words amongst incoherence. Reporting this, Subtle was taken into care; the Nobility concluded that while he was senile, in his younger days he apparently made statements that were only marginally more “sane” than what he was claiming now, and his reputation meant that, if nothing else, they had to be cautious.

All for naught, as it turns out. The darkness Subtle talked about, “Those Without Heart nor Body”, proved too strong for the might of the Nobility, with only the Artists of Utovia putting up any sort of discernible resistance. Riku’s newfound weapon put up a bulk of the resistance; the key-shaped sword appeared mysteriously but even that proved futile. Riku’s last conscious memories from that day were Subtle drowning in a sentient ocean of wickedness, his left arm nearly clawed off struggling to hold onto his mother, and failing to save Tifa.

By all accounts, Riku should have died then as well, but he woke up on some eerie shoreside, with no life around. Only onyx jutting out of the gritty sand and the dimmest remains of a watery sun on the horizon. Not knowing why he was alive, he went nearly went mad, violently and angrily wishing in his mind to go home. It was in this fit of anger that he leaped into the ocean in an effort to kill himself, and ended up passing through it. The next thing he remembered was falling, the thought of home still in his mind, until he arrived. He ended up in Sanctuary; the architecture extremely different from his old home. Having collapsed upon arrival, Riku went into the care of a group of large red caped figures in armor. Introducing themselves as "The Oath", they told Riku that his world was now gone. Taken by the void, that it is little more than an empty shell of what it used to be. Riku refused to believe this and in a moment of passion and frustration he was able to summon the same key-like weapon he used back in the fight on Utovia. The Oath seemed satisfied and explained to him the importance of the Keyblade. Jump forward a few months, and he's training under The Oath just like every other Keyblade wielder here. With his love lost and his world gone, he sees no point in life other than to make sure what happened to his world does not happen to any other world ever again. Taking the title as the next Swift Wind of Chaos, he yearns to one day find his light again, to see Tiffa.

/

Personality| Having seen the destruction of his home along everyone he ever knew and loved, Riku is obviously not a happy bunny. He is notably stoic and melancholy. He's not the typical brooding loner, but he does try and keep a distance from others if only to avoid attachment. He is prone to making emotional connections much too quickly, which only serves to hurt him. As a defence mechanism, he has the tendency to be sardonic and flippant, making dry observations about what's happened in an attempt to shrug things off. Riku is also – more or less by default – a cynic with a pessimistic and pragmatic attitude; when faced with a problem, he'll find a method that works regardless of any morality behind it, but expect the worst in any case, because it's more logically sound – no sense getting your hopes up about something if they're just going to get crushed again.

Despite this jaded view of the world, Riku is rather compassionate and is, at heart, a humanist, one who has faith in his fellow man and believes in their potential to do good. He isn't completely void of emotions, acting civil and even-tempered, but not afraid to show tears when he hits an emotional nadir. This shouldn't be confused with a sense of honour; he's tricky and will go to any lengths and plan any number of strategies if it means getting one over his enemy. In combat, Kumo can actually be ruthless at times, focusing on dropping any enemies that are unfortunate enough to wander into his crosshairs, provided they don't endanger anyone innocent. While he is doing this primarily as retribution for the destruction of his homeworld, and others that have fallen to evil, he's not so stooped into it as to have lost all sense of compassion. Riku desires redemption above all else – redemption for failing to protect his home and the people he cared about, and he believes he can seek this on the battlefield; it's his job as a soldier, after all.

/

Description| Most of his childhood was spent doing sports and various other physical activities (mainly to stop him getting bored but also in the hopes it would turn him into some kind of Renaissance man), so naturally Riku has an athletic build – not so much slim as it is compactly muscled. While he does have broad shoulders and some upper-body strength, it's clear he's no heavy lifter, and that whatever training he's had is skewed towards agility. At 5'10”, he's average height for his age, complimenting his physique. His most distinctive feature is his eye colour: Kumo has natural golden amber eyes. His dusty black disheveled hair compensates for the fact he cannot grow facial hair, even at the ripe age of 20. His skin is olive, and linked to the battle for his world is a scar the runs up his right arm and outlines his veins as if struck by lightning. Since touching it seems to inflame the injury it is often times bandaged.

Riku's attire was changed dramatically upon arriving at Sanctuary, leaving behind his school uniform he has opted for a more adventure friendly and “badass” look as he puts it. He wears a black tank top with a white chest pocket on the left side with a golden symbol depicting a dove wing and a crow’s wing outreached. Below the waist is a pair of dark blue shorts with white rhombus shines running the length of the side and a pair of white and black sneakers with a zipper replacing what would be the shoelace. He wears a pair of black fingerless gauntlets; his right arm is covered in a black sleeve up to his mid-bicep. On his left shoulder he dons a black and gold armor shoulder piece along with a similar colored armor piece around his left around down to his elbow. Light brown-yellow leather straps and buckles wrap around his waist and across his chest as well as down to his hip holding several pouches. A black belt strap wraps around his left thigh while a black and white armor piece covers his right hip down the side of his leg. Black compression leg sleeves cover his legs down to his upper ankle. Once leaving Sanctuary he dons a red cape to honor “The Oath”.

/

Starting Keyblade|Neo Kingdom Key” Riku's weapon is a mystical blade that appeared before him back on his homeworld of Utovia during the battle against the beings without heart or body. A keychain hangs from the tip of the hand guard - a silver mouse head with a golden crown.

/

Magic|

• [*=2]
    Aero: Allows Riku to call upon the wind and push back surrounding enemies into the air while surrounding him in a shield which reflects attacks, higher levels provide wider area of effect, damage, and reflect chance.

/

Abilities|

• [*=2]
    Sliding Dash [Action Ability/Riku]: Instantly closes in on and attacks a far away target.

[*=2]
    Quick Run [Growth Ability/Riku]: Is able to sprint rapidly to avoid danger while maintaining stamina.

[*=2]
    Damage Control [Support Ability/Neo Kingdom Key]: Halves the damage Kumo takes when at critical health

/

Armor Form| GuardianWhen touching the armor plate on his left shoulder, Riku transforms and takes his Armor Form dubbed “Guardian”.

• Abilities:

• [*=1]
    Current Control [Action Ability]: Riku takes control of the wind and uses currents to pull enemies in and deal continuous damage, especially effective during battles against large groups of enemies.

[*=1]
    Deflector [Support Ability]: Gives Riku automatic protection from frontal projectile-based attacks and launches them back at the enemy

• Special Ability:

• [*=1]
    Synch Blade [Growth Ability/Kumo's Armor Form]: An ability which allows Riku to summon a second Keyblade during battle. However, until Riku collects a second keychain this ability lies dormant.

/

Party|
Stitch.- Some time before they met, Stitch escaped captivity but was soon followed by Gantu. In order to escape his captor Stitch steals a red police cruiser and activates its faulty hyperdrive and leaves his pursuer behind in a blast of energy as the ship vanishes at light speed. Crash landing at Radiant Garden he meets Riku, and for some reason unknown to Riku Stitch offers his help in the Keyblade Wielder's journey.

• [*=2]
    Tri-Wielded Plasma Blasters: Stitch's three trusty yellow plasma blasters holding immense energy.

[*=2]
    Abilities:

• Stitch Blast [Action Ability/Stitch]: An effective ranged attack, shooting three plasma blasts at once from afar at a single enemy.
  • Stitch Launch: [Action Ability/Stitch]: Climbs onto an enemy and launches them into the air toward Kumo.

Robin Hood. - After thwarting Prince John and marrying Maid Marian, Robin Hood retreated to the quiet life in Sherwood Forest where he started a family. However with the disappearance of his best friend Little John he decided to consult King Richard who told him he was sworn to secrecy, but after much begging the King told him Little John left their world with a visitor from the outside world to find the answer that could save their world. Knowing his duty as hero and finding his best friend, Robin Hood departs from his world using a secret ship the King had and ended up in Radiant Garden where he met Riku.

• [*=2]
    Hero's Bow: A wooden bow with a quiver full of arrows he had magically enhanced with the help of Merlin.

[*=2]
    Abilities:

• Robin Fire [Action Ability/Robin Hood]: Unleashes an arrow engulfed in flames that spreads on contact with an enemy.
  • Robin Thunder [Action Ability/Robin Hood]: Launches a single arrow into the sky which splits and bombards lightning bolts onto targets below.
II.
III.
IV.
V.

Last edited:

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Wow, just...wow. I want in! Hopefully I have enough knowledge of KH to male sense of it. XD (joke) Do you think I can reserve? If not, than I'll try getting my SU up in a few days.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Oh!! This! I've waited so long lol Would you mind if I had a reserve? Either way, I'll try to get my SU up ASAP

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
Oh!! This! I've waited so long lol Would you mind if I had a reserve? Either way, I'll try to get my SU up ASAP

Wow, just...wow. I want in! Hopefully I have enough knowledge of KH to male sense of it. XD (joke) Do you think I can reserve? If not, than I'll try getting my SU up in a few days.

My fault, I didn't specify this in the OP but no reservations will be taken into account for this roleplay. I'll just wait for a specific date (still to be determined) and then pick the top sign ups from however many have been submitted. Hope that seems fair for everyone! Don't hesitate to protest this just let me know and we'll try to work something out here :)

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
It's all right, I understand. I hope this SU is okay though, and that people will get interested in this.

"I never called myself a hero." - Zero

Name: Valentina Araw
Title: The Shaded Light

Home World: Crypto Earth

Character Theme: Green Grass Gradation (Area A) (Megaman ZX Tunes)

Battle Theme: Cannon Ball (Megaman Zero 3 OST)

Background: Valentina was born to loving parents in a world closely resembling a fabled pocket monster world. Despite having only been very young, baby Valentina felt their love for her. But because of that, they sacrificed themselves for her safety when one of native monster was rampaging. With her parents dead, she was given to the care of her father's brother, her godparents unable to care for her despite their pleading.

At seven onwards, her family didn't treat her well. It was not outright abuse, with hitting and such, but she knew all but the youngest of her relatives only tolerated her and wanted her gone, especially since she was a mischeivous child. Her "siblings" in particular didn't encourage her and would only point out flaws, leaving her doubting herself. But the youngest, a little five year old girl named Sierra, loved her. They would tell stories, play games and sleep together. She was her ray of hope, a hope that her family will understand her, and so she'd call her Sunshine.

This only made them hate her even more, thinking she was a bad influence for their sister. She just learned to listen and bare it, all in vain hope that they wouldn't take her away from Sunshine if she listened. Then, at eleven, as she was waited for Sunshine to come to bed, she read a legend about the Renegade Dragon. A Dragon that was banished to its own land that nobody, not even the insane or twisted of heart, would dare go to. Unlike those before her who read it, she didn't interpret the dragon as evil. With lots of good dragon deities, this dragon was probably doing its best in defending something precious. For the next year, she researched about various characters and stories like that Renegade and became inspired to make a desicion.

Sooner or later, her "family" was going to be fed up with her and try to get rid of her, or worse, lie to Sunshine. So, on the night of April 30, at the age of 12, she ran away.

On Sierra's bed, she left a note.

Dear Sierra,

I'm sorry for this, but I'm leaving you. I don't know if you know, but my family hates me. I did my best to make them happy so that I could stay with you, but they still hated me. So, I left. I hope you understand. I don't want them to hate you because of me, I don't want that Sunshine to dissapear from you because of me. Because you are my Sunshine and you always will be.

Your Protector, Valentina

She never knew what happened to her Sunshine, but she knew she couldn't turn back. Thanks to her mischeivous nature, she was able to make a living off of stealing. Unlike the other thieves though, she did her best to steal only from those who overpriced their goods. If she had no choice but to steal from the good ones, she'd steal the goods that would affect them the least if they were stolen. If she stole more than she needed, she'd give the leftovers to the kids on the street who needed it, but she wouldn't tell her name.

The people in the city she decided to live decided in started talking about her. The street kids called her their Shaded Light because even though she steals, she only did it with good intentions. The store keepers called her all sorts of names but the one she took a liking was the "Crazy Thief". It reminded her of one of her favorite characters.

Over the next few years, she started doing more than just thievery. She did vandalism on buildings being built illegally, she caused minor destruction of property on some scams, and she aimed on even more audacious targets to steal from. She started gathering a following, ending up having her own gang, as well as befriending other gangs, commiting crimes and yet revealing others. The law enforcement had to put a bounty on them as they were bound by the law, but some knew the gang would never commit atrocities.

Then at the start of the year she was turning eighteen, while she was taking a stroll outside the city, she encountered Heartless. She would've been taken over by them if a flash of light didn't occur after she summoned an odd looking sword. After the flash, a voice in head helped her fight the Heartless with it. The voice explained that he was the Renegade Dragon. Most people would've been terrified of that, but not her. He explained what she was holding was a Keyblade that he had infused with his power (he did not make the Keyblade itself, but he just gave it his powers when it appeared in her hands). He said he gave the Keyblade his powers so that she could help him stop the Heartless attacking their world, as he was banished.

She made a crooked smile and said, "All right Raymond, I'll help."

The two became close over the year, although the he was annoyed by the name Raymond at first. Things seemed to be going fine. She had a chance to do good other than crimes. Then the world was being consumed by darkness. She did her best, but Raymond knew that she was needed more than him, knowing the legend of the Keyblade. So he went from his part of their world to hers and shielded her, just as the destruction around them was too much for her and made her collapse. With all of his power, he used a Star Shard he kept and sent her away.

When she awoke, she found herself with people around her. They introduced themselves and told her that her home has been destroyed. She knew that what was happening was pretty much the apocalypse and asked if she could go back to perhaps see if anyone was left. They explained it further: the surface wasn't destroyed, the ENTIRE world was gone, now a mere shell. She didn't believe it, saying that the Heartless aren't THAT powerful and in frustration, brought out her Keyblade, which had hidden itself before she landed.

She ended up using it to support herself instead. They told her they would elaborate even more about Keyblade Wielders and the Heartless, and they did after they tended to her injuries. Now, she accepts the training of the Oath with the hope that at the very least she could be someone else's Sunshine, and she has the power to do it.

Personality: Her demeanor, to put it simply, often makes people think she's planning something mischeivous, evil or creepy. They'd be right on the head, as that smile doesn't neccessarily help, with her teeth showing half the time. But that smile is usually for complete strangers, as a mild test to see if they will trust her or not. If they trust her, that means they don't care what she seems at first as long as she means well, then that smile becomes more sincere, but it still contains a hint of mischief. If not, well...she'll keep up the creepy smile.

As mentioned a few times, she's a mischievous and playful. That led to her learning how to prank, and thus, knowing how to play around with people's mind. This part of her personality usually leads to her teasing you, giving you a nickname, and harmless pranks, like "forgetting" that an object was in one place instead of the other. Her pranks rarely hurt people physically and only make people slightly embarassed. If you're the enemy however...expect her to not be so merciful. Her techniques become more harnful and that smile becomes all the more sinister.

That mischievous and a few years being alone has made her a bit crazy. This makes her think in an unorthodox fashion, making her do things most wouldn't do, like throwing a damaged car. She's willing to do unfair things to stop evil, but seeing as most don't like that, she saves it as a back-up plan around those kind of people. But she doesn't have this insanity because she has a mental illness, she has it because it was her way to cope with so many people hating her as much as people liked what she did as a criminal. It's her miscievous part gone haywire, which is partly why her smile sometimes looks evil.

Although she seems carefree, she deeply cares for others, which is why she was able to stand her "family" because, despite their flaws, she knew they were good people, they just couldn't stand her. That trait stuck with her ever since Sierra showed her kindness to her. Showed her that even in the darkness times, there will always be a candle to light more. It was this trait that stopped her going truly dark despite comitting many crimes in her teenaged life. It's the reason why she fights (which, I should have memtioned, she enjoys a lot, in part to her mischievous nature). For her Sunshine, for her inspiration Raymond and for all her friends in her gang. She will be the Sunshine in at least one other person's life.

And if the best way to beat enemies is to annoy them while fighting well...expect lots of laughing.

Description: Valentina stands at 6'2'', looking pretty feminine. Not an hourglass figure, but even if she wore a loose shirt, you can tell she's a fit, medium built girl (unless, of course, she wears armor or a very big shirt). Her brown skin is smooth, with the only things breaking it are a few scars from her many exploits. The visible ones are the one on her right arm, the one in the center of her left leg, and over her left eye. Her red eyes usually have the ever present mischievous glint while her black straight hair reaches her shoulders and is often over them. It's usually well groomed.

For attire, she wears a red shirt and over that, a grey sleeveless collared vest, letting the sleeves of her red shirt show. She wears black pants with a yellow belt. Her shoes look exactly like Vector the Crocodile's, except with yellow bands instead of white. She wears black fingerless gloves and yellow bracelets on both her wrists, one representing Sunshine, the other Raymond. She is usually shoulders her Keyblade but knows when it's safe to keep it out or not. She doesn't bother wearing armor, except the ones she will be given when she leaves for personal reasons, as she likes to travel light. When she leaves Sanctuary, she'll be allowed to wear yellow shoulder pads and vambraces.

Starting Keyblade: Einhänder Keyblade - A Keyblade that was infused with the power of her friend Raymond, named because it reminds her of the Zweihänder but can be used single handed. She can wield it single or two handed.

The Keyblade looks more blade than key, with the only thing making it vaguely look like a key is the arrow tip of the magenta blade. The blade looks like an arming sword (what most people imagine when you say sword), while hilt looks like a butterfly sword (the swords people use for dual sword wielding). The crossguard (the thing that makes a sword look like a cross) is made to look like a Chinese dragon, the head is at the end of the cross guard while the tail is coiled to make the pommel (the end of the grip [handle]), the body making the handle look like a butterfly sword. The dragon is a bright crimson while the grip is black with yellow bands on it. At the pommel hangs a grey chain with a yellow sun on its end.

Magic: Gravity - the user causes a surge of increased gravity at a target, causing some damage relative to their current health and leaving them open to attack for two seconds.

Abilities:

Retaliating Slash (Action Ability) - When knocked down, the user quickly regains balance and counterattacks

High Jump (Growth Ability) - Jumps a little higher than usual

Scan (Support Ability/Einhähander Keyblade) - Can tell the target's current health

Armor Form: Omega Armor Image used as reference, will describe differences between it and her armor.
Her Armor form named after a character her armor looks like, her helmet's visor has no markings and is just plain black. The helmet doesn't cover her entire face, only her eyes. She has a yellow-gold chinguard. Instead of the marked body in the image, her torso, and whatever she is wearing under her vest, is there, covered by the trench coat the Omega Armor has. The long magenta hair on the helmet is instead a golden-yellow "V". Her upper arms aren't stubs (unlike the image) and are normal, connecting with her gauntlets. The bracelets on her wrists lack the three giant spikes. The gauntlets are more proportioned to her body (looking like the right size they should be when covering hands). Lastly, she doesn't have a scabbard on her back as her Keyblade doesn't need it.

She activates her Armor Form by tapping her vambraces together.

Abilities:

Hadangeki (Action Ability) - When standing still, if she focuses her energy into her Keyblade, when she does a slash (horizontal or vertical), it releases a powerful burst of grey energy at the max of two meters in front of her. She needs at least one second to focus her energy for a blast. The longer she focuses, the farther the blast will travel.

Kuuenbu (Action Ability) - Allows her to do a somersault slash when airborne (look up Mega Man X4 Zero Techniques to see how that works)

Special Ability: Sunotakehit (pronounced as soo-no-taa-kee-hit; not a Japanese word) (Support Ability) - Weak ranged attacks (like Thunder) are absorbed. Intermediate ranged attacks are halved. Advanced ranged attacks (like Thundaga) are cut one-fourth their power.

Party: Tiny the T. rex

When the Robinsons were told they couldn't keep Tiny, they explained to him the situation and he agreed to be sent back. That didn't go well and he ended up on Sanctuary. Confused, he was going to rampage when Valentina called him out, noticing what he was going to do. When she was ready to fight, the dino thought her Keyblade was a stick and wanted to play fetch. After playing with him and Tiny explaining, which took a while, he stayed with Valentina, teeth, collar and all.
He has no weapons.

Quaking Presence (Support Ability) - assuming he remains large whenever he visits other worlds, each step he takes in battle makes a small shockwave that gives minor damage to anyone near him. This helps in large crowds as he can chip away at enemies' health, unaffected by shields or magic.

Strong Jaw (Support Ability) - No matter what disguise he may take, whether they can or not, Tiny's bite will always be strong. Able to destroy a Shadow in one bite no matter what. The power on other Heartless varies. Generally able to at least insta-kill Shadow sized targets but the bigger they get, the more bites he needs to do. He can, obviously, only bite one thing at a time.

Roleplay Sample:

Valentina Araw
Norosa City (Cryto Earth) -> Sanctuary

Quick! Behind you!

Valentina grunted, sensing the danger from behind. She narrowed her eyes and focused. She tightened her grip on her weapon, then turned and struck the Shadow that hoped to maim her from behind. She thanked the voice who warned her as she watched the Shadow's body seperate into dark blobs before dissapearing entirely.

All of this happening in the course of one second, as chaos ensued around her.

She looked to her right. There was a dark cloud over the entire sky, making it a sickening purple. The sounds of treachrous winds and powerful quakes were everywhere and yet she could only feel and see the force of the tornados and more. The area around the city was so dark, she was surprised she could still see. Her gang's tech were able to detect the impeding danger, so they warned the rest of their allies and rivals alike. Something big was going to happen and whether they liked or not, they'd have to help or they would die. That was why even though she saw the form of the city's most wanted druglord in plain sight, she did not strike him down.

Instead, she jumped. In mid-air, she titled forward, nearing an air soldier Heartless. The Heartless made a sound akin to a screech when it saw the giant sawblade that was Valentina's body. It hastened its pace, but it watched too long. The edge of her Einhänder struck and it dissapeared just like the Shadow before it.

But she wasn't done.

Below her, there several Soldiers who were scrambling towards her earlier. When she suddenly jumped, they somehow lost track of her. Until she manauvered her body into their direction, still somersaulting. The whoosh from her blade make the creatures look up, just as she slammed sliced them and landed. The aerial strike killed two, making them disperse. The space was just enough for her to slash at the rest, killing them right there.

She straightened herself and grunted. She looked for her next target as she asked, "Hey, Raymond, mind telling me now what's going on?"

She spotted a target.

I'm not sure. All I know is darkness is enshrouding our world and if we don't do anything fast, everything's going to be destroyed.

By the time Raymond finished his sentence, Valentina sped towards another group of Shadows who were surrounding a family and annihilated them. She turned to the family she saved and said, "Get to the bunkers! We'll handle things here!"

The father nodded then ushered his girls down the street.

You did hear, right?

Valentina sliced at another Soldier. "Yeah, I did. I'm just racking my brain on any legends about Keyblades."

She could tell Raymond knew it was inappropriate, but he asked anyway. And how will that help?

"By trying to copy however they stopped the darkness if I could JUST REMEMBER!"

Another Soldier met its end.

But a quake shook the area, making her nearly fall if she didn't support herself on her Einhänder. She looked up when she heard a piercing roar and found a Heartless Wyvern heading to her. She paled and pulled her Keyblade. The Wyvern spread its claws and was right at her face. It was going to be too late.

She closed her eyes and braced for another smack into the ground when the impact of a collision made her fall on her back. But the impact wasn't with her. She opened her eyes as golden claws destroyed the Wyvern who nearly hit her. The golden clawed dragon turned to her, panting, but he still managed to say, "It seems I came in the nick of time."

A tired smile spread on her face. She stood up, Keyblade in hand and made a quick note of the dragon before her.

The inside of his four wings were blood, contrasting greatly with his ash colored skin. His golden claws were shimmering even in the darkness. The four horns on his head looked as golden and shiny as his claws. Even with crimson eyes staring at her, it was clear who it was with the amused smile and kind eyes.

It was Raymond in the flesh.

Both returned to fighting hordes of Heartless heading their way, keeping close to the other.

"So what brought the courage for you to break the rules?" Valentina teased.

A swipe of his tail pushed back a Large Body before he got rid of it by releasing a Gravity surge.

"The apocalypse is happening. I'm pretty sure nobody will mind me helping," he said, equally amused.

That feeling stopped when another quake occured. This time, strong enough to even topple over the twenty foot tall dragon. But Valentina scrambled to get up, a Darkball closing in on her. But the fall injured her more than she thought. She tensed when she tried to move and that was all the Darkball needed.

The hit sent her across the street, slamming her against a wall. Valentina groaned, feeling her Keyblade dissapear, too injured to even support herself with it. But she had to get up. The Darkball was coming her way again.

A deep, fear instilling roar made her relax. She saw Raymond knock down the floating Heartless and rip it to shreds. As morbid as it was, she smiled at the sight. Raymond turned to her and then stood beside her.

"Valentina, can you hear me?" he said with panic.

"Yeah..." She would've nodded, if it was less painful than talking.

She saw Raymond scan her. Then another tremor, this time, instead of being powerful, it remained constant and kept shaking the ground. Her vision was starting to darken. She thought that she was fainting but it turned out Raymond was just shielding her, covering her from whatever was happening. She heard the rumblings get louder, and the shouts of he friends lessening. She moved, doing another attempt. But she was softly pushed back down.

"R--" she started but was hushed.

There was a slight humming sound and her eyes started to get heavier.

"Ray... I...got to help...my gang..."

She felt the dragon above her tense. Her eyes were close to shutting themselves.

"... There's nothing we can do for our home...but I can do something for you..."

The humming got louder, but still seemed as if it was a mere whisper. The little slit left she could see through sensed a light.

"Ray...?"

She felt him give a sad smile. "Know that all those you loved are still with you...in your heart."

Raymond moved away from her, there was a flash of light, and she blacked out, her body shutting down.

"V...?"

"Vaw...?"

"Vawu?"

Valentina gasped and tensed when sonething pressed against side. But when she looked to her left, she sighed in relief when she saw the familiar reptilian face of Tiny, looking at her with concern. She smiled and placed a hand on the T. rex. The T. rex purred when she rubbed his nose.

"Sorry to worry you, Tiny. I was...just remembering things."

Tiny stoped in his purrs and looked at her, not convinced.

That made her laugh. "Really, I'm fine. I was remembering old friends."

The reptile smiled and layed down near her, going back to sleep.

When he started breathing deeply, Valentina mumbled, "And how I got here..."

She leaned back against the tree they took shade under. She couldn't believe it's been three months since she turned 19, and four months since she got here. She remembered she woke up on the beach, or was a field? Her memory was a little blurry on the location, but she remembered what she did. She panicked when the Oath told her that her home was not just devastated, it was outright destroyed, now just a shadow of itself. In panic, she attempted to attack them, but seeing as she was still injured, she summoned her Keyblade just to use it as a walking cane.

She relented when they said they will explain about Keyblade Wielders and more about Heartless. She had her injuries healed and taken care of as they told her. They told her the purposes of the Keyblade, its legend and how Heartless and the darkness they bring consume worlds. That explained why she thought she saw stars dissapearing, one by one. Then they told her they could train her to wield her Keyblade better, to help others. She accepted. Then she met Tiny and here they were now.

She was happy she survived, but sad that her home and old friends were gone. Then she remembered something Raymond would occasionally say.

The Crazy Thief being somber about something? I thought you said you'll face the world with a smile and a prank.

She smiled and stood up, gave a good stretch and said, "Yeah, that's right. I'm the Crazy Thief, the Shaded Light. As long as I can move, I can always bring some hope to others. And there's always an end for a storm."

Last edited:

Cobalt XIV

What happens if a Keyblade wielder decides that they are ready? Does The Oath sense this and show up to recruit them? Is there supposed to be a place on their home planet where they go to reach Sanctuary?

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Another question, or rather two. What is Lokai? And second, because I want to be super sure, do Background and Roleplay Sample have to tell the same events? I was confused as Riku's background looked that way, and the RP sample said tell how you got to Sanctuary. Is Background and RP Sample just one telling the complete history while the other through the eyes of the character and how you'd roleplay? I'm starting to confuse myself. I hope my second question made sense.

Charizard_Man

Ultimate Trainer
It's all right, I understand. I hope this SU is okay though, and that people will get interested in this.

"I never called myself a hero." - Zero

Name: Valentina Araw
Title: The Shaded Light

Home World: Crypto Earth

Character Theme: Green Grass Gradation (Area A) (Megaman ZX Tunes)

Battle Theme: Cannon Ball (Megaman Zero 3 OST)

Background: Valentina was born to loving parents in a world closely resembling a fabled pocket monster world. Despite having only been very young, baby Valentina felt their love for her. But because of that, they sacrificed themselves for her safety when one of native monster was rampaging. With her parents dead, she was given to the care of her father's brother, her godparents unable to care for her despite their pleading.

At seven onwards, her family didn't treat her well. It was not outright abuse, with hitting and such, but she knew all but the youngest of her relatives only tolerated her and wanted her gone, especially since she was a mischeivous child. Her "siblings" in particular didn't encourage her and would only point out flaws, leaving her doubting herself. But the youngest, a little five year old girl named Sierra, loved her. They would tell stories, play games and sleep together. She was her ray of hope, a hope that her family will understand her, and so she'd call her Sunshine.

This only made them hate her even more, thinking she was a bad influence for their sister. She just learned to listen and bare it, all in vain hope that they wouldn't take her away from Sunshine if she listened. Then, at eleven, as she was waited for Sunshine to come to bed, she read a legend about the Renegade Dragon. A Dragon that was banished to its own land that nobody, not even the insane or twisted of heart, would dare go to. Unlike those before her who read it, she didn't interpret the dragon as evil. With lots of good dragon deities, this dragon was probably doing its best in defending something precious. For the next year, she researched about various characters and stories like that Renegade and became inspired to make a desicion.

Sooner or later, her "family" was going to be fed up with her and try to get rid of her, or worse, lie to Sunshine. So, on the night of April 30, at the age of 12, she ran away.

On Sierra's bed, she left a note.

Dear Sierra,

I'm sorry for this, but I'm leaving you. I don't know if you know, but my family hates me. I did my best to make them happy so that I could stay with you, but they still hated me. So, I left. I hope you understand. I don't want them to hate you because of me, I don't want that Sunshine to dissapear from you because of me. Because you are my Sunshine and you always will be.

Your Protector, Valentina

She never knew what happened to her Sunshine, but she knew she couldn't turn back. Thanks to her mischeivous nature, she was able to make a living off of stealing. Unlike the other thieves though, she did her best to steal only from those who overpriced their goods. If she had no choice but to steal from the good ones, she'd steal the goods that would affect them the least if they were stolen. If she stole more than she needed, she'd give the leftovers to the kids on the street who needed it, but she wouldn't tell her name.

The people in the city she decided to live decided in started talking about her. The street kids called her their Shaded Light because even though she steals, she only did it with good intentions. The store keepers called her all sorts of names but the one she took a liking was the "Crazy Thief". It reminded her of one of her favorite characters.

Over the next few years, she started doing more than just thievery. She did vandalism on buildings being built illegally, she caused minor destruction of property on some scams, and she aimed on even more audacious targets to steal from. She started gathering a following, ending up having her own gang, as well as befriending other gangs, commiting crimes and yet revealing others. The law enforcement had to put a bounty on them as they were bound by the law, but some knew the gang would never commit atrocities.

Then at the start of the year she was turning eighteen, while she was taking a stroll outside the city, she encountered Heartless. She would've been taken over by them if a flash of light didn't occur after she summoned an odd looking sword. After the flash, a voice in head helped her fight the Heartless with it. The voice explained that he was the Renegade Dragon. Most people would've been terrified of that, but not her. He explained what she was holding was a Keyblade that he had infused with his power (he did not make the Keyblade itself, but he just gave it his powers when it appeared in her hands). He said he gave the Keyblade his powers so that she could help him stop the Heartless attacking their world, as he was banished.

She made a crooked smile and said, "All right Raymond, I'll help."

The two became close over the year, although the he was annoyed by the name Raymond at first. Things seemed to be going fine. She had a chance to do good other than crimes. Then the world was being consumed by darkness. She did her best, but Raymond knew that she was needed more than him, knowing the legend of the Keyblade. So he went from his part of their world to hers and shielded her, just as the destruction around them was too much for her and made her collapse. With all of his power, he used a Star Shard he kept and sent her away.

When she awoke, she found herself with people around her. They introduced themselves and told her that her home has been destroyed. She knew that what was happening was pretty much the apocalypse and asked if she could go back to perhaps see if anyone was left. They explained it further: the surface wasn't destroyed, the ENTIRE world was gone, now a mere shell. She didn't believe it, saying that the Heartless aren't THAT powerful and in frustration, brought out her Keyblade, which had hidden itself before she landed.

She ended up using it to support herself instead. They told her they would elaborate even more about Keyblade Wielders and the Heartless, and they did after they tended to her injuries. Now, she accepts the training of the Oath with the hope that at the very least she could be someone else's Sunshine, and she has the power to do it.

Personality: Her demeanor, to put it simply, often makes people think she's planning something mischeivous, evil or creepy. They'd be right on the head, as that smile doesn't neccessarily help, with her teeth showing half the time. But that smile is usually for complete strangers, as a mild test to see if they will trust her or not. If they trust her, that means they don't care what she seems at first as long as she means well, then that smile becomes more sincere, but it still contains a hint of mischief. If not, well...she'll keep up the creepy smile.

As mentioned a few times, she's a mischievous and playful. That led to her learning how to prank, and thus, knowing how to play around with people's mind. This part of her personality usually leads to her teasing you, giving you a nickname, and harmless pranks, like "forgetting" that an object was in one place instead of the other. Her pranks rarely hurt people physically and only make people slightly embarassed. If you're the enemy however...expect her to not be so merciful. Her techniques become more harnful and that smile becomes all the more sinister.

That mischievous and a few years being alone has made her a bit crazy. This makes her think in an unorthodox fashion, making her do things most wouldn't do, like throwing a damaged car. She's willing to do unfair things to stop evil, but seeing as most don't like that, she saves it as a back-up plan around those kind of people. But she doesn't have this insanity because she has a mental illness, she has it because it was her way to cope with so many people hating her as much as people liked what she did as a criminal. It's her miscievous part gone haywire, which is partly why her smile sometimes looks evil.

Although she seems carefree, she deeply cares for others, which is why she was able to stand her "family" because, despite their flaws, she knew they were good people, they just couldn't stand her. That trait stuck with her ever since Sierra showed her kindness to her. Showed her that even in the darkness times, there will always be a candle to light more. It was this trait that stopped her going truly dark despite comitting many crimes in her teenaged life. It's the reason why she fights (which, I should have memtioned, she enjoys a lot, in part to her mischievous nature). For her Sunshine, for her inspiration Raymond and for all her friends in her gang. She will be the Sunshine in at least one other person's life.

And if the best way to beat enemies is to annoy them while fighting well...expect lots of laughing.

Description: Valentina stands at 6'2'', looking pretty feminine. Not an hourglass figure, but even if she wore a loose shirt, you can tell she's a fit, medium built girl (unless, of course, she wears armor or a very big shirt). Her brown skin is smooth, with the only things breaking it are a few scars from her many exploits. The visible ones are the one on her right arm, the one in the center of her left leg, and over her left eye. Her red eyes usually have the ever present mischievous glint while her black straight hair reaches her shoulders and is often over them. It's usually well groomed.

For attire, she wears a red shirt and over that, a grey sleeveless collared vest, letting the sleeves of her red shirt show. She wears black pants with a yellow belt. Her shoes look exactly like Vector the Crocodile's, except with yellow bands instead of white. She wears black fingerless gloves and yellow bracelets on both her wrists, one representing Sunshine, the other Raymond. She is usually shoulders her Keyblade but knows when it's safe to keep it out or not. She doesn't bother wearing armor, except the ones she will be given when she leaves for personal reasons, as she likes to travel light. When she leaves Sanctuary, she'll be allowed to wear yellow shoulder pads and vambraces.

Starting Keyblade: Einhänder Keyblade - A Keyblade that was infused with the power of her friend Raymond, named because it reminds her of the Zweihänder but can be used single handed. She can wield it single or two handed.

The Keyblade looks more blade than key, with the only thing making it vaguely look like a key is the arrow tip of the magenta blade. The blade looks like an arming sword (what most people imagine when you say sword), while hilt looks like a butterfly sword (the swords people use for dual sword wielding). The crossguard (the thing that makes a sword look like a cross) is made to look like a Chinese dragon, the head is at the end of the cross guard while the tail is coiled to make the pommel (the end of the grip [handle]), the body making the handle look like a butterfly sword. The dragon is a bright crimson while the grip is black with yellow bands on it. At the pommel hangs a grey chain with a yellow sun on its end.

Magic: Gravity - the user causes a surge of increased gravity at a target, causing some damage relative to their current health and leaving them open to attack for two seconds.

Abilities:

Retaliating Slash (Action Ability) - When knocked down, the user quickly regains balance and counterattacks

High Jump (Growth Ability) - Jumps a little higher than usual

Dragonhide (Support Ability/Einhähander Keyblade) - Any physical attacks (with no elemental energy) hitting her arms will cut one-fourth their damage. This only affects her arms.

Armor Form: Omega Armor Image used as reference, will describe differences between it and her armor.
Her Armor form named after a character her armor looks like, her helmet's visor has no markings and is just plain black. The helmet doesn't cover her entire face, only her eyes. She has a yellow-gold chinguard. Instead of the marked body in the image, her torso, and whatever she is wearing under her vest, is there, covered by the trench coat the Omega Armor has. The long magenta hair on the helmet is instead a golden-yellow "V". Her upper arms aren't stubs (unlike the image) and are normal, connecting with her gauntlets. The bracelets on her wrists lack the three giant spikes. The gauntlets are more proportioned to her body (looking like the right size they should be when covering hands). Lastly, she doesn't have a scabbard on her back as her Keyblade doesn't need it.

She activates her Armor Form by tapping her vambraces together.

Abilities:

Hadangeki (Action Ability) - When standing still, if she focuses her energy into her Keyblade, when she does a slash (horizontal or vertical), it releases a powerful burst of grey energy at the max of two meters in front of her. She needs at least one second to focus her energy for a blast. The longer she focuses, the farther the blast will travel.

Kuuenbu (Action Ability) - Allows her to do a somersault slash when airborne (look up Mega Man X4 Zero Techniques to see how that works)

Special Ability: Sunotakehit (pronounced as soo-no-taa-kee-hit; not a Japanese word) (Support Ability) - Weak ranged attacks (like Thunder) are absorbed. Intermediate ranged attacks are halved. Advanced ranged attacks (like Thundaga) are cut one-fourth their power.

Party: Tiny the T. rex

When the Robinsons were told they couldn't keep Tiny, they explained to him the situation and he agreed to be sent back. That didn't go well and he ended up on Sanctuary. Confused, he was going to rampage when Valentina called him out, noticing what he was going to do. When she was ready to fight, the dino thought her Keyblade was a stick and wanted to play fetch. After playing with him and Tiny explaining, which took a while, he stayed with Valentina, teeth, collar and all.
He has no weapons.

Quaking Presence (Support Ability) - assuming he remains large whenever he visits other worlds, each step he takes in battle makes a small shockwave that gives minor damage to anyone near him. This helps in large crowds as he can chip away at enemies' health, unaffected by shields or magic.

Strong Jaw (Support Ability) - No matter what disguise he may take, whether they can or not, Tiny's bite will always be strong. Able to destroy a Shadow in one bite no matter what. The power on other Heartless varies. Generally able to at least insta-kill Shadow sized targets but the bigger they get, the more bites he needs to do. He can, obviously, only bite one thing at a time.

Roleplay Sample:

Valentina Araw
Norosa City (Cryto Earth) -> Sanctuary

Quick! Behind you!

Valentina grunted, sensing the danger from behind. She narrowed her eyes and focused. She tightened her grip on her weapon, then turned and struck the Shadow that hoped to maim her from behind. She thanked the voice who warned her as she watched the Shadow's body seperate into dark blobs before dissapearing entirely.

All of this happening in the course of one second, as chaos ensued around her.

She looked to her right. There was a dark cloud over the entire sky, making it a sickening purple. The sounds of treachrous winds and powerful quakes were everywhere and yet she could only feel and see the force of the tornados and more. The area around the city was so dark, she was surprised she could still see. Her gang's tech were able to detect the impeding danger, so they warned the rest of their allies and rivals alike. Something big was going to happen and whether they liked or not, they'd have to help or they would die. That was why even though she saw the form of the city's most wanted druglord in plain sight, she did not strike him down.

Instead, she jumped. In mid-air, she titled forward, nearing an air soldier Heartless. The Heartless made a sound akin to a screech when it saw the giant sawblade that was Valentina's body. It hastened its pace, but it watched too long. The edge of her Einhänder struck and it dissapeared just like the Shadow before it.

But she wasn't done.

Below her, there several Soldiers who were scrambling towards her earlier. When she suddenly jumped, they somehow lost track of her. Until she manauvered her body into their direction, still somersaulting. The whoosh from her blade make the creatures look up, just as she slammed sliced them and landed. The aerial strike killed two, making them disperse. The space was just enough for her to slash at the rest, killing them right there.

She straightened herself and grunted. She looked for her next target as she asked, "Hey, Raymond, mind telling me now what's going on?"

She spotted a target.

I'm not sure. All I know is darkness is enshrouding our world and if we don't do anything fast, everything's going to be destroyed.

By the time Raymond finished his sentence, Valentina sped towards another group of Shadows who were surrounding a family and annihilated them. She turned to the family she saved and said, "Get to the bunkers! We'll handle things here!"

The father nodded then ushered his girls down the street.

You did hear, right?

Valentina sliced at another Soldier. "Yeah, I did. I'm just racking my brain on any legends about Keyblades."

She could tell Raymond knew it was inappropriate, but he asked anyway. And how will that help?

"By trying to copy however they stopped the darkness if I could JUST REMEMBER!"

Another Soldier met its end.

But a quake shook the area, making her nearly fall if she didn't support herself on her Einhänder. She looked up when she heard a piercing roar and found a Heartless Wyvern heading to her. She paled and pulled her Keyblade. The Wyvern spread its claws and was right at her face. It was going to be too late.

She closed her eyes and braced for another smack into the ground when the impact of a collision made her fall on her back. But the impact wasn't with her. She opened her eyes as golden claws destroyed the Wyvern who nearly hit her. The golden clawed dragon turned to her, panting, but he still managed to say, "It seems I came in the nick of time."

A tired smile spread on her face. She stood up, Keyblade in hand and made a quick note of the dragon before her.

The inside of his four wings were blood, contrasting greatly with his ash colored skin. His golden claws were shimmering even in the darkness. The four horns on his head looked as golden and shiny as his claws. Even with crimson eyes staring at her, it was clear who it was with the amused smile and kind eyes.

It was Raymond in the flesh.

Both returned to fighting hordes of Heartless heading their way, keeping close to the other.

"So what brought the courage for you to break the rules?" Valentina teased.

A swipe of his tail pushed back a Large Body before he got rid of it by releasing a Gravity surge.

"The apocalypse is happening. I'm pretty sure nobody will mind me helping," he said, equally amused.

That feeling stopped when another quake occured. This time, strong enough to even topple over the twenty foot tall dragon. But Valentina scrambled to get up, a Darkball closing in on her. But the fall injured her more than she thought. She tensed when she tried to move and that was all the Darkball needed.

The hit sent her across the street, slamming her against a wall. Valentina groaned, feeling her Keyblade dissapear, too injured to even support herself with it. But she had to get up. The Darkball was coming her way again.

A deep, fear instilling roar made her relax. She saw Raymond knock down the floating Heartless and rip it to shreds. As morbid as it was, she smiled at the sight. Raymond turned to her and then stood beside her.

"Valentina, can you hear me?" he said with panic.

"Yeah..." She would've nodded, if it was less painful than talking.

She saw Raymond scan her. Then another tremor, this time, instead of being powerful, it remained constant and kept shaking the ground. Her vision was starting to darken. She thought that she was fainting but it turned out Raymond was just shielding her, covering her from whatever was happening. She heard the rumblings get louder, and the shouts of he friends lessening. She moved, doing another attempt. But she was softly pushed back down.

"R--" she started but was hushed.

There was a slight humming sound and her eyes started to get heavier.

"Ray... I...got to help...my gang..."

She felt the dragon above her tense. Her eyes were close to shutting themselves.

"... There's nothing we can do for our home...but I can do something for you..."

The humming got louder, but still seemed as if it was a mere whisper. The little slit left she could see through sensed a light.

"Ray...?"

She felt him give a sad smile. "Know that all those you loved are still with you...in your heart."

Raymond moved away from her, there was a flash of light, and she blacked out, her body shutting down.

"V...?"

"Vaw...?"

"Vawu?"

Valentina gasped and tensed when sonething pressed against side. But when she looked to her left, she sighed in relief when she saw the familiar reptilian face of Tiny, looking at her with concern. She smiled and placed a hand on the T. rex. The T. rex purred when she rubbed his nose.

"Sorry to worry you, Tiny. I was...just remembering things."

Tiny stoped in his purrs and looked at her, not convinced.

That made her laugh. "Really, I'm fine. I was remembering old friends."

The reptile smiled and layed down near her, going back to sleep.

When he started breathing deeply, Valentina mumbled, "And how I got here..."

She leaned back against the tree they took shade under. She couldn't believe it's been three months since she turned 19, and four months since she got here. She remembered she woke up on the beach, or was a field? Her memory was a little blurry on the location, but she remembered what she did. She panicked when the Oath told her that her home was not just devastated, it was outright destroyed, now just a shadow of itself. In panic, she attempted to attack them, but seeing as she was still injured, she summoned her Keyblade just to use it as a walking cane.

She relented when they said they will explain about Keyblade Wielders and more about Heartless. She had her injuries healed and taken care of as they told her. They told her the purposes of the Keyblade, its legend and how Heartless and the darkness they bring consume worlds. That explained why she thought she saw stars dissapearing, one by one. Then they told her they could train her to wield her Keyblade better, to help others. She accepted. Then she met Tiny and here they were now.

She was happy she survived, but sad that her home and old friends were gone. Then she remembered something Raymond would occasionally say.

The Crazy Thief being somber about something? I thought you said you'll face the world with a smile and a prank.

She smiled and stood up, gave a good stretch and said, "Yeah, that's right. I'm the Crazy Thief, the Shaded Light. As long as I can move, I can always bring some hope to others. And there's always an end for a storm."
Another question, or rather two. What is Lokai? And second, because I want to be super sure, do Background and Roleplay Sample have to tell the same events? I was confused as Riku's background looked that way, and the RP sample said tell how you got to Sanctuary. Is Background and RP Sample just one telling the complete history while the other through the eyes of the character and how you'd roleplay? I'm starting to confuse myself. I hope my second question made sense.

Great character! Tiny seems like an incredibly creative party member, cannot wait to see how that plays out! My only gripe is that the Support Ability you provided for your Keyblade "Dragonhide" is not a legitimate ability from in-game. The only abilities you are allowed to create are for your armor form, so replace "Dragonhide" with an actual Support Ability from the list provided and you'll be good to go!

As far as the first question just completely disregard that word haha it was from a previous iteration of this roleplay and I forgot to edit that out I guess. It's changed now so don't worry about it :p It was the original name for "Sanctuary". Your second question is a good one, so basically you just summed it up yourself. Background is the complete history of your character from whichever point in life you see fit to begin up to the point they reach Sanctuary, while the RP Sample focuses solely on the character's final moments on their homeworld to the point they reach Sanctuary but in a narrative format just like how one would roleplay. Hope that clears it up!

What happens if a Keyblade wielder decides that they are ready? Does The Oath sense this and show up to recruit them? Is there supposed to be a place on their home planet where they go to reach Sanctuary?

The Oath can sense the slightest shift in The Balance, and when the heart of a prospective Keyblade wielder decides it is ready for the path of the Keyblade then one member of The Oath will appear using a Star Shard to collect you and take you back to Sanctuary. The Keyblade wielder might not even be conscious of the decision their heart has made mind you. Also, their is no specific "meeting place"; The Oath will appear before you wherever you are given it is nowhere extremely public. Hope that helps!

TheCharredDragon

Tis the Hour to Reload
Oh, okay. Just wanted to be extra sure. As for the ability, I couldn't tell if Riku's was made up or not, but thanks for telling me. Now I changed it to my first choice.