• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bamboozling Forest! (814)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
A Chase Through the Bamboo Grove! Pancham & Pangoro!!

Heading towards the next city, Ash & Co. stop off to have some food, but while eating, two Pancham suddenly appear and begin to eat all of the food. While they are trying to sort it out, Team Rocket appear and manage to capture everyone, and fly off. However, as Team Rocket are flying off, they argue which causes them to crash causing everyone to be separated, and to top things off, Meowth lands on a Pangoro, angering it. Will everyone meet up again?

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
The episode starts with Team Rocket spying on Ash and co. as they have lunch in forest clearing.

Froakie hears a rustling in some bushes and responds by throwing his foam/bubbles at the bush.

Two Pancham come out and then Ash helps them out by wiping their eyes of the foam.

James learns about Pancham on his holographic Pokedex thing and then Ash uses his Pokedex on Pancham too.

Clemont brings out another invention, which Ash is excited for.

I think it's a Pokemon translator.

Team Rocket capture the starters and Pikachu in a net that hangs under their Meowth Balloon.

Team Rocket have a fight over something and it causes the starters to fall off from the balloon and land in nearby bamboo forest.

Meowth is there too and he runs into a Pangoro.

Pikachu and Froakie come out of the water and then find Chespin, upside down in the ground, so they pull him out.

They remember that they have to find Fennekin.

Meowth is stuck up in a tree near them and asks for their help.

Chespin uses Pin Missile to get him down.

Pikachu zaps Meowth and Meowth gets angry.

Meowth hatches a plan that involves the angry Pangoro that he encountered before.

Dare Da? Pancham.

Jessie and James are walking through the bamboo forest and then the two Pancham from earlier come out from some bushes nearby them.

James gets Inkay to attack them and then the Pangoro from earlier appears behind them and sends them blasting off.

The lost Pokemon then run into Fennekin and Froakie cleans Fennekin's tail, which makes it shiny and which makes Fennekin very happy.

Jessie and James are walking around again and come across a Pumpkaboo that comes out of the ground.

James looks up some information on it and then Jessie decides to throw a Pokeball at it, which results in a capture that leaves James shocked and Jessie happy.

One of the Pancham lead Ash and co. and the lost Pokemon to where the other Pancham and Pangoro is, with Team Rocket.

Ash and co. run into Team Rocket and the captured Pokemon and then Jessie sends out her newly caught Pumpkaboo.

Pumpkaboo uses Leech Seed on Ash and co.'s Pokemon and then Shadow Ball.

Pangoro soon breaks out of the rope that was wrapped around it and I think it sent Team Rocket off flying.

Ash and co. say goodbye to the Pokemon as the sun sets and then realises something. His stomach then grows.

To be continued.

Last edited:

Eievui-Nymphia

XY, gen of dreams.
Episode focused on Pikachu!? Very rare.

The Pancham has appeared, and the one scanning it is Serena(!)

Pancham try to eat the food of Chespin. The Pancham looks a bit evil.

Serena is getting relationship with the Pancham. But they are eating the food for themself and the rest.

Team Rocket catched Piakchu and the starters.

They fall off and the starters fall with Team Rocket.

Piakchu encounter Froakie, now encounter Chespin.

Chespin has used a Grass-attack. I don't know what attack was. Looks like Razor Leaf but it can't be.

Sonansu is doing the Dare da? of course, Sonans don't talk.

Team Rocket (minus Mewoth) encounter Pancham. Pangoro appears and uses Hammer Arm on team Rocket.

Pikachu and co. with meowth encounters Fennekin but Fennekin is scared. And Forakie gives a message to Fennekin.
Pumpkaboo appears from Team Ropcket and Jessie gets Pumpkaboo.

The gang encounter Pangoro and the rest of the pokemon captured by Team Rocket.
One of the pancham are following the gang. meowth separates for them and reunites with TR. They prepare their plan.

Chespin learns Vine Whip (and doesn't een require translation). TR got Pancham (one of them) and Pangoro

Punmpkaboo appears and uses Grass Knot ona l the pokemon

Pupkaboo uses Shadow Ball. Pangoro uses Hammer Arm. Team Rocket blast off.

The panogor gets saved from these two Pancham.

And what Ash has said at the end?

Last edited:

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Episode focused on Pikachu!? Very rare.

even pokemon gets focused, now come to the think of it, i think this is the first time they had one

and yes as we expect jessie catches a pumpkaboo

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Hilarious subversion of random bear pokemon suddenly appears to wreck everyone's ****, to Chespin. Funny how Jessie caught Pumpkaboo in one shot like James. Also, many previews, includes ninja Froakie chasing Frogadier up on trees, double team Froakie, Diantha, and Ash being shocked by what appears to be Pikachu being possessed.

But holy **** episode highlight! DAT BASED ASH! DEM POKEMON PROTECTING ASH! There's no stopping this train.

Last edited:

DaDonYordel

The Gazing Eye
Pikachu and co. with meowth encounters Fennekin but Fennekin is scared. And Forakie gives a message to Fennekin.
Pumpkaboo appears from Team Ropcket and Jessie gets Pumpkaboo.

It seemed more that Fennekin's tail was frizzled out and it became concerned about instead of being scared. Froakie uses her frubbles as if it was conditioner on its tail to make it shine again.

Punmpkaboo appears and uses Grass Knot ona l the pokemon

Looks like Leech Seed to me.

And what Ash has said at the end?

It seemed to imply that they haven't eaten anything, at which point before irising out, Ash, Clemont, and Bonnie's stomach grumble.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I gotta say, I was expecting Jessie to catch something in this episode, but I was expecting her to catch Pancham, and Ash to catch Pumpkaboo. Was not expecting this at all.

we kinda knew Jessie was getting Pumpkaboo due to a recent scan of future episodes, specifically details of the episode with Inkay's evo in it.

So it was leech seed? Intresting way of using it, I was sure it'd be forest curse.

we kinda knew Jessie was getting Pumpkaboo due to a recent scan of future episodes, specifically details of the episode with Inkay's evo in it.

So it was leech seed? Intresting way of using it, I was sure it'd be forest curse.

Pumpkaboo can't even learn that. It is the signature move of Phantump line.

TR captures are becoming less creative lately. I wonder why they even mind showing the capture.

Last edited:

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer

Really? Must have missed that. Still, this does screw with my prediction of Ash getting Pumpkaboo, Serena getting Phantump, and then they trade so Serena gets Gourgeist and Ash gets Trevenant...

And Forest's Curse is the signature move of the Phantump line. Pumpkaboo's signature move is Trick-Or-Treat.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I can't begin to express just how happy I am regarding Jessie's capture of Pumpkaboo, since now I can be fairly certain that the awful thing won't end up with Ash!

The rest of the episode wasn't bad either, I quite like it when the Pokemon have to look out for themselves, it's interesting to see how their personalities develop.

NPT

Just a member
At first I thought it would be filler episode, but this episode turned out to be non-filler. Jessie caught a Pumpkaboo.

Last edited:

Sephora

yes I'm back
I like how the title card had Pikachu on it this time instead of a human character. I guess they showcase the pokemon/character who the episode will focus on then which is nice.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
I like how the title card had Pikachu on it this time instead of a human character. I guess they showcase the pokemon/character who the episode will focus on then which is nice.

which made me curious, even pokemon also get focus aside from the trainers

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
thought the episode was pretty uninteresting overall, I didn't really like much about it. The Pancham were cute, that nice callback to Dedenne/Pikachu's electricity communication was cool and seeing Dedenne be useful, seeing Chespin get some small focus and reveal Vine Whip, Froakie's personality moments were fun. I guess seeing all the mascots play interference for Ash during his hero moment too. Everything else just felt so boring/standard, I disliked Pumpkaboo's capture, it felt so sudden and happening for happen sake unlike with Inkay whose capture I liked.

Pumpkaboo didn't really look impressive at all to me unlike with Inkay. Pikachu and Ash getting conned by Meowth for the millionth time continues to be uninteresting to me. The character interactions from the XY Quartet felt really lacking. Team Rocket really got on my nerves this episode, especially their little petty squabble that lead to them losing their stolen Pokemon, their constant moments of stupidity humor and overall I really just think they should have not been here at all but that would require a full episode rewrite given this episode hinges on them vainly attempting to steal the mascots. Surely a good number of those Rocket moments and mascots dicking around could have been axed for a decent Pumpkaboo intro battle, no? Fennekin could have used a victory.

A pretty weak episode overall and the first XY episode I feel a good amount of apathy toward.

Last edited:

Soniman

Break the Limit
This better not be starting some trend of Team Rocket being the catalyst for every episode's plot because god did I dislike them here. And not only was I pissed that Pumpkaboo when to Jessie, but they didn't even bother with the capture…then again that's always bee the case for Jessie, what a waste. And of course the recycled Mewoth tricks the the gang gag that has been played out for years.

Highlights of the episode include Fennekin doing stuff and Ash's big hero moment. Otherwise meh episode.

Pink Harzard

So majestic
When the witte bubble stuff thrown by Froakie was on the Panchams, they almost looked faceless xD
And Froakie looks like some sort of ninja with all those bubbles around his face.
The Dare da was done by Wobbufet this time.
And kids. Froakie bubbles are very handy to make your tail pretty. Is there something this stuff can't do?

The episode was, mwa fine, but I've expected better to be honest.

The shots of that special makes me curious. I have the idea that the battle gateau gets a role there, looking to the gymleaders clothes.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
And TR is back to annoying as **** -_-....seriously if not for Pumpkaboo using Leech Seed in a smart way, I would have skipped past their parts -_-...

Otherwise, I liked the pokemon interactions with each other.

Ash kind of annoyed me though, I mean how do you forget you have a bird at the end there?? He could of had Fletchling take the plant to Pangoro.