• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bamboozling Forest! (814)

Leonhart

Imagineer
I couldn't help but applaud Keromatsu when he detected the two Yancham hiding in the bushes, and how ironic was it that just as the Rocket-dan were making their successful escape, Musashi and Kojirou had to ruin things by fighting among themselves. I was ecstatic when Musashi captured that big Bakeccha, though.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
I loved the two Pancham, but if Fletchling hadn't been captured by Jessie's Pumpkaboo's Leech Seed, Ash could have used it to carry the twig to Pangoro and drop it in it's mouth, rather that risking his life simply running in head on.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I don't care if the main idea of the episode has been done before, it allowed tons of nice stuff to happen. The personalities of the Starters getting shown, a capture for Jessie, and that awesome sequence at the end with Ash rushing to Pangoro while all the Pokemon protect him from TRio.

Daizy

I call you honey
I thought the interactions here was really nice. I liked how Froakie and Pikachu were being wary of Meowth. Too bad Chespin couldn't see past those shining eyes. It was also cool to see Froakie use its hood to try to hide from Pikachu.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Looking back, Musashi's Bakeccha was exceptional here since it was shown giving Satoshi and the others a hard time. Seeing that made me happy, because Musashi is rarely blessed with strong Pokemon.

I would have liked to seen more of an actual effort involved with Pumpkaboo's capture because James's captures are usually pretty easy so I'd have liked Jessie to contrast that. I also think that it's a little weird for Jessit to have Pumpkaboo, which seems like much more of a James type. That being said, what still confuses me about this episode is how Chespin was able to get caught by Pumpkaboo's Leech Seed. I was imagining Chespin to not get caught by Leech Seed at all.

Leonhart

Imagineer
FullmetalJackie said:
I also think that it's a little weird for Jessit to have Pumpkaboo, which seems like much more of a James type. .

I always wondered this and while it doesn't bother me as much now given that the XY saga is long over and we'll probably never see any of their Kalos Pokemon again, I do feel like the writers missed an opportunity to give Kojirou another overly friendly Grass-type here.

It's really great how they use these " filler " episodes to flesh out Froakie. Surprised at how much characterization they give Froakie in the early episodes.

RafaSceptile

Reviewing the Pokémon anime in 10 words or less:
"Jessie catching her Pumpkaboo saved this from being a filler"

Episode: 6/10

Froakie had a personality in plot relevant episodes as well. It's just when it evolved it kinda became stale with personality
Froakie and Frogadier were very solid, but as Greninja...RIP, so serious (not a bad thing, but not very interesting)