• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bamboozling Forest! (814)

Being main characters means nothing if they had no real reason to appear. They didn't further the plot, they didn't do anything that would result in a major loss of the main story if they were not in it- their only purpose was to annoy everybody. So that's why I say they're forced.

They don't annoy me, I think people should get over them appearing in every episode. Saying the episodes will be much better if they weren't in the story is fooling themselves, they are there get over it amd this has really derailed

Benny™

Best Wishes Do Come True Under The Sun & Moon
They don't annoy me, I think people should get over them appearing in every episode. Saying the episodes will be much better if they weren't in the story is fooling themselves, they are there get over it amd this has really derailed

By "everyone" I meant the characters, they're just pests now.

Other than maybe XY episode 19, the rest of the episodes would be better, if they didn't use TR as a crutch, the episodes could have been more original. Look at how many episodes of Best Wishes! didn't have TR and were all the better for it. They may not appear in every XY episode but they are still forced in, and still appear in too many.

Last edited:

Vipsoccermaster

A fine episode. There were definitely some hilarious moments, but other than that, it was okay. It was nice to see the Kalos starters getting screen time and some time together after being captured by Team Rocket.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
They could at least put up a fight and contribute something to the plot instead of just being forced in just to mess with the heroes and then blast off.

And this is a problem now because? This has been going on for years. Instead of focusing on TF like they need to, TR is in our faces even more than in BW, which is weird. But I won't complain because after a while it's like they are not even there.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
A fine episode. There were definitely some hilarious moments, but other than that, it was okay. It was nice to see the Kalos starters getting screen time and some time together after being captured by Team Rocket.

at least for me i like the way how the pokemon would interact with each other after getting separated, overall i like the pikachu and meowth interactions ( best pokemon pairing from the old days) and the froakie and fennekin ( i can sense romance with these two i think).

NPT

Just a member
"The Bamboozling Forest!"

I thought this episode was pretty decent. It's nice seeing Ash and co. having lunch with all of their Pokémon out in the beginning. Since Brock or Cilan isn't in XY anymore, I wonder who made all the delicious-looking food that they were eating? I think it's Serena because she baked Macarons in the last episode, so maybe she's the one who cooked the food.

The two Pancham seemed nice at first, but when they exchanged those mischievious glances, I was expecting them to do something stupid .... and they did! They ate up all the food and got away with it. Clemont's Pokémon translator was right was pretty good, as it was able to translet the Pacham's 'Poké-talk' before exploding. Nice to see some personality traits of Froakie, Fennekin and Chespin. Froakie being suspecious about Meowth, Fennekin caring about its appearance, and Chespin being clueless. It's cute when Froakie fixed Fennekin's tail with its Frubbles, hopefully they'll become closer as the series goes on. The scene where Ash helped Serena cross the river was cute as well. It was pretty surprising to see Dedenne being used to find the Pokémon! After the last couple of times Bonnie asked Dedenne for help ... it was taking a nap, so I was expecting Dedenne to take a nap again. Thankfully it didn't happen this time.

Team Rocket bickering over who would get the credit for the steal was very annoying, it reminded me of the OS/DP episodes where they used to bicker about pointless things. Also, TRio catpured a Pangoro and Pancham... but why the heck they waited for Ash and co. to return?? They've just captured two wild pokemon, so they should've just send them to the boss.... but no, they decided to be stupid and wasted the opportunity. As for Jessie catching Pumpkaboo, it was rather random. All she did was throw a Pokéball and Pumpkaboo was caught.

The battle between Team Rocket and the protagonists was pretty good though. The usage Leech Seed was inventive, and it's cool how the writers showed that the absorption of Leech Seed dosen't work on Chespin. The best part of this episode was Ash's badass running and jumping to give Pangoro the leaf, that was awesome! I also liked how all the Pokémon teamed up to protect him from Team Rocket's attacks.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
Oh Meowth and his "truces". We all know by now that he's a two faced Pokemon. I give kudos to Pikachu for not being a jerk, even though Meowth doesn't deserve Pikachu's kindness.

I do like how Pikachu even gets his own title card at the beginning.

Jessie catching a Pumpkaboo was great addition to the team, but their first encounter with it was all "uhh, okay". I honestly dont know how to put it.

Pangoro was cool, but all this time I was calling it "Pan-gore-O". "Pan-go-row" sounds easier on the tongue to pronounce anyhow.

Benny™

Best Wishes Do Come True Under The Sun & Moon
And this is a problem now because? This has been going on for years. Instead of focusing on TF like they need to, TR is in our faces even more than in BW, which is weird. But I won't complain because after a while it's like they are not even there.

It's a problem for me now because it's a downgrade from BW. It's been going on for years before BW, but that doesn't mean it is good.

zhixun

This is an average episode to me. Just one minor thing I think the writers could have treat better for this. While Nyarth was staying behind with Yancham and Goronda, I think at least Satoshi stayed behind to make sure Nyarth does not do anything bad when Serena and Citron went on to find the leaves.

Also, Fokko's taste was quite strange. She loves eating tree branches which is not common for Pokémon food.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
It's a problem for me now because it's a downgrade from BW. It's been going on for years before BW, but that doesn't mean it is good.

I never said it was. It seems like some tactic to keep the other characters that aren't doing anything do something when it's not something that is needed.

Horrendous episode, honestly: Team Rocket somehow showed us that they could be more brain-dead and moronic than in DP, even attacking each other using their own Pokemon in a balloon and blowing it up.

35/100

Last edited:

zhixun

Horrendous episode, honestly: Team Rocket somehow showed us that they could be more brain-dead and moronic than in DP, even attacking each other using their own Pokemon in a balloon and blowing it up.

35/100

I think this is the reason not letting the Rocket to succeed for stealing the Pokémon. In my opinion they should be sent to the headquarters and the group ask Sakaki sama to get it back.

I am really loving how Fennekin's eyes just (adorably!) stare into my soul! :)

munchlaxboy

Catching up on XY
Not exactly a great episode by any definition. The Bamboozling Forest! situates our heroes in a--you guessed it--bamboo forest, with a dilemma arising as Team Rocket nabs our heroes' three Kalos Starter Pokemon and Pikachu. The plot then adds some twists and turns by having the kidnapped Pokemon become separated and later (once they're found) requiring our heroes to find a rare bamboo sprig for a sprig-less Pangoro. Seeing scenes of the Pokemon interacting amongst themselves as they try to make their way back to the trainers was certainly appealing, as it provides the audience with a better sense of their personalities. However, episodes like Island of the Giant Pokemon (EP017) and Bound for Trouble (EP106) have played with this concept before and executed it much better. That is not at all to say that we should assail this repeated story mechanism of watching the Pokemon without their trainers--it still feels fresh and remains entertaining. It has just been done better in the past. Other highlights of the episode include Jessie's hilariously effortless capture of Pumpkaboo (whose bizarre voice I strangely adore) and Ash's little action scene in returning Pangoro's sprig. A real downfall of this episode's plot is that blame was pinned on Chespin for frying Pangoro's sprig, but Chespin was merely acting in self-defense as Pangoro was about to smash it into the next town over. It was just a bizarre accusation that ultimately undeservedly puts poor Chespin and its misinformed owner, Clemont, in a bad light.

Frankly, it was just an unexciting episode. The writers definitely missed out on giving the wandering Pokemon more screen time to better develop their personalities. There were simply too many little plot sequences throughout the show's 21 minutes to create a wholesome, fulfilling episode.

Grade: C-

Gillachu

Banned
Lol, Serena should've caught Pancham here instead of waiting like 30 episodes. Meowth tricking Pikachu and the others was yawn.

JudySpell

Banned
I disliked Meowth's truce with Pikachu and the others because we all knew he'd betray them. Jessie getting a Pumpkaboo was the best moment. 7/10

wobbanut

Team Awesome
Hah, I liked the part where Pumpkaboo bursts out of the ground and goes flashing its lights like it was trying to figure out who tripped over it or something, or maybe was showing off. LOL I liked how Jessie just caught it like nothing, too.

The pancham were pretty adorable too, and I can't wait to get to the episode where Serena catches one. It was a little odd seeing how complacent the pangoro got when it lost its sprig.

8/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
Aww Ash wiping the frubbles off of Pancham was cute and so was Froakie grooming Fennekin's tail ha ha. Jessie catching that Pumpkaboo was a neat surprise and I liked when Ash gave Pangoro its twig back. :3