• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bamboozling Forest! (814)

I asked this before, but does anyone know why Jessie and James were arguing after they caught Pikachu and the Kalos Starters? I didn't watch any subs of the episode because of the ongoing translation errors, and I'm not really sure what happened during that scene that caused them to battle each other with Inkay and Wobbuffet.

They were arguing about who should receive the credit for capturing Pikachu and the Kalos starters for Giovanni. Guess they've actually got egos. :p

dman_dustin

- TR easily captured a Pangoro and a Pancham, and thus they wait for the twerps to return? You've captured two wild pokemon, throw a damn pokeball or electric netcage and send them to the boss! Why waste the time and opportunity? The odds are that you'll get another chance for the starters, so no point in waiting on them...

I'm not sure if that was it, I know they were there when the group left, but I'm pretty sure they didn't just go into it, guns blazing, captured them and waiting for the twerps. Unless my lack of Japanese understanding says I'm wrong, it seemed more likely that they were just getting ready to get going before the twerps came into the scene.

I mean after all, how else would you be able to move a giant bear creature that's nearly 50% bigger than you, it's not like they had their balloon, they probably were deciding how to move it.

Pancham is easy enough to move, true, but Pangoro?

Viveshade

What's Next?
Just watched this episode, and oh my gosh, that scene with Fennekin and Froakie was so adorable. Seeing the Pokemon interact with each other is always precious. I wish we could've gotten to see more of that. Other than that, I thought the episode was okay. Hooray, Jessie finally has a Kalos Pokemon.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
They were arguing about who should receive the credit for capturing Pikachu and the Kalos starters for Giovanni. Guess they've actually got egos. :p

That's weird because they've gotten credit for doing stuff together in the past (breaking up Team Galactic and getting rid of Hunter J if I remember correctly, which led to them being promoted). Seeing them fighting among themselves for credit was out of character of them in my opinion, but it served as a useful plot device I guess. I really thought this episode was good regardless, and I'm usually a hard person to please.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Boring mess, not to mention we literally just did an episode like this back in Da! with the honey episode.

Locormus said:
Team Rocket having less personality? Personally, I thought them bickering over who was going to get the credit for the capture of the starters was a good show of how they do have personalities and are not mindless drones.

Oh, they're mindless drones alright. They're just stuck on "we must be as over the top and irrelevant as possible at all times" now.

Lorde is right, them fighting over who gets the credit is completely out of character now.

Soniman

Break the Limit
They did that at like…they very first episode of DP as well….unless you consider that OOC to..

Which I don't get because there are tons of moments across the series why they're constantly trying to one-up and undermine eachother, so this isn't exactly new.

They did that at like…they very first episode of DP as well….unless you consider that OOC to..

Which I don't get because there are tons of moments across the series why they're constantly trying to one-up and undermine eachother, so this isn't exactly new.

I'm pretty sure it'd be considered OOC too.

I, for one, agree with the point that TR bickering seems a bit OOC, considering that they've spent most of BW getting equal credit from Giovanni without any arguments between them.

Soniman

Break the Limit
I'm pretty sure it'd be considered OOC too.

I, for one, agree with the point that TR bickering seems a bit OOC, considering that they've spent most of BW getting equal credit from Giovanni without any arguments between them.

I just don't get how something that's ALWAYS BEEN THERE is OOC when that's literally what they're characters do that kind of thing throughout the entire show's run. When Meowth got sick in OS James and Jessie where more then happy to leave his butt behind in order to get Pikachu glory, so I can't see this as OOC at all.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
I just don't get how something that's ALWAYS BEEN THERE is OOC when that's literally what they're characters do that kind of thing throughout the entire show's run. When Meowth got sick in OS James and Jessie where more then happy to leave his butt behind in order to get Pikachu glory, so I can't see this as OOC at all.

Are you one of those Best Wishes wasn't canon!!!!! people?

It's called character development. They grew out of that years ago... character development which has been erased.

Well, when I look at it, it's actually more of a fluctuation in personality. Sometimes they're willing to leave each other to fry, other times they genuinely care for each other. Heck, they dance across the line separating good and evil and then back again.

Admittedly, it's quite confusing to tell whether their current actions are considered OOC or not. But, considering their semi-serious personality, I'd say, for now, arguing between them seems a bit OOC in my opinion.

Soniman

Break the Limit
Are you one of those Best Wishes wasn't canon!!!!! people?

It's called character development. They grew out of that years ago... character development which has been erased.

Uhh no, I fully acknowledge that BW TR existed and was in fact better than they're previous iterations…

But they didn't grow into it, there was no foreshadowing for it, and they might as well be different characters. If they actually built up to the sudden change in characterization then id make sense, but as it stands it was a out-of-nowhere radical character shift in tone and personality, no development was utilized for it. Hell id argue that BW TR was (positively) OOC before they were put back into their normal selves for XY again.

Uhh no, I fully acknowledge that BW TR existed and was in fact better than they're previous iterations…

But they didn't grow into it, there was no foreshadowing for it, and they might as well be different characters. If they actually built up to the sudden change in characterization then id make sense, but as it stands it was a out-of-nowhere radical character shift in tone and personality, no development was utilized for it. Hell id argue that BW TR was (positively) OOC before they were put back into their normal selves for XY again.

Now this, I agree. Even though it's obvious time had passed between DP and BW, it still felt a little weird seeing TR suddenly being serious. The episodes could've done more to put a reference as to why they were behaving that way.

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down

Oh sure, right.

And the sudden change in Da!-into-XY is perfectly reasonable.

Go watch some Kanto episodes if you want to see "normal." I'm about to lose my eyes from rolling them so many times at this shamelessly false argument about the Three Stooges in XY being "normal."

Soniman

Break the Limit
Oh sure, right.

Err, sorry I agree with you????

And the sudden change in Da!-into-XY is perfectly reasonable.
Where those two iterations are basically the same? Yeah sure.

Go watch some Kanto episodes if you want to see "normal." I'm about to lose my eyes from rolling them so many times at this shamelessly false argument about the Three Stooges in XY being "normal."

Excuse me for not notching the difference between "goofy" and " a bit less goofy".

The Great Butler

Hush, keep it down
Err, sorry I agree with you????

Right.

Where those two iterations are basically the same? Yeah sure.

...they were the same from BW122 into BW123? Seriously?

Excuse me for not notching the difference between "goofy" and " a bit less goofy".

Maybe you should watch the episodes and see how they act when they actually do have real characterization. Go on, Pokemon.com has some great ones right now.

Soniman

Break the Limit
...they were the same from BW122 into BW123? Seriously?

No. But I thought you were comparing their Da selves to XY. In that case, It's character backtracking, but it's not backtracking into a completely different OOC iteration, it's backtracking into a previous established persona of TR.

Maybe you should watch the episodes and see how they act when they actually do have real characterization. Go on, Pokemon.com has some great ones right now.

Ignoring the obvious patronizing. I am well aware that they have genuine character focus and depth in OS, BUT as far as mannerisms are concerned they lean far more to their XY selves than BW imo.

dman_dustin

Boring mess, not to mention we literally just did an episode like this back in Da! with the honey episode.

Oh, they're mindless drones alright. They're just stuck on "we must be as over the top and irrelevant as possible at all times" now.

Lorde is right, them fighting over who gets the credit is completely out of character now.

You do realize mindless drone means completely devoid of personality, right?

To be fair for everyone, TR's personalities really go all over the place. They're goofy, they're serious. They're clueless, they're smart. They succeed, they fail. They're good, they're bad.

To put it in a general way, everyone can be right about TR's personalities being either in-character or OOC.