• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bamboozling Forest! (814)

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Yep. I mean why the heck would you wanna have a battle on such an unsafe area? :/ But of course, they're more comedians than villains...

oh and another extra...
[spoil][img139]http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx345/cmdshift/fokko02_zps29bdedf6.gif[/img139][/spoil]

And this just made me love Fennekin even more. It was brief but I enjoyed seeing Fennekin's personality shine at last. It does take after it's trainer. And the twig was nice as well.

KD73

I had a feeling that Jessie was gonna catch that Pumpkaboo when I saw it in the preview. Kinda disappointed that it looks like Ash might not get a Pancham but at least it looks like he might get a Spewpa soon. Now we just need Serena to catch something.

SlimeStack

I really like the interactions between all the Pokémon here. Fennekin likes to be kept groomed, Froakie is pretty sweet in helping her with that. Chespin has an honest side to him in seemingly being the one to help Meowth despite events in this and last week's events. Inkay just plain loves to spray anyone and anything with ink, including Pangoro.

I really like how Jessie's capture mirrored James' too. Ash and the other Pokémon working together for that badass scene at the end was awesome too.

Good episode, I think BW and XY are particularly good at writing filler episodes (yes a Pokémon was caught but it was still a filler plot).

Mega Missingno

There's a lot of scenes I didn't quite understand in this episode. Like why Team Rocket's balloon's mode of steering looked like it belonged on a ship rather than a hot air balloon. It was a ship's wheel...so....what was going on there?
I also didn't get a lot of Froakie's actions, after he got separated from the others and reunited with the other pokemon. What was the point of him covering his face with his Frubbles, before Pikachu came out of the bush? What purpose did that serve, exactly? And why did he appear to slap Pikachu's hand away, when they were trying to turn Chespin right-side up? Because Pikachu still helped pull Chespin out. I don't get it.
And I don't get why, if Ash's Fletchling hadn't been captured by Jessie's Pumpkaboo's leech seed, he couldn't have used it to carry the leaf to Pangoro and drop it in its mouth, rather that stupidly risking his life simply running in head on, without thinking, and putting it in Pangoro's mouth, himself. Not only did he endanger his own life by doing that, but to charge in and then make the pokemon- show's energy is getting depleted through the leech seed, work to fend off incoming enemy attacks also shows no consideration for the Pokemon and their health, all because Ash failed to analyze the situation and his options to get the stick to Pangoro, properly. Such a kind, selfless trainer.....

There's a lot of scenes I didn't quite understand in this episode. Like why Team Rocket's balloon's mode of steering looked like it belonged on a ship rather than a hot air balloon. It was a ship's wheel...so....what was going on there?

I think it's always been that way in the anime, so I'm not sure. Then again, I don't tend to think about stuff like that.

I also didn't get a lot of Froakie's actions, after he got separated from the others and reunited with the other pokemon. What was the point of him covering his face with his Frubbles, before Pikachu came out of the bush? What purpose did that serve, exactly? And why did he appear to slap Pikachu's hand away, when they were trying to turn Chespin right-side up? Because Pikachu still helped pull Chespin out. I don't get it.

He hid his face with his Frubbles because he thought Pikachu was an enemy at first, and his Frubble hood was likely his way of going into battle mode or something. As for Chespin, I recall both pulling their arms away because Chespin's feet were sharp, as far as I can tell. Then, both helped Chespin out when Chespin laid still for them.

And I don't get why, if Ash's Fletchling hadn't been captured by Jessie's Pumpkaboo's leech seed, he couldn't have used it to carry the leaf to Pangoro and drop it in its mouth, rather that stupidly risking his life simply running in head on, without thinking, and putting it in Pangoro's mouth, himself. Not only did he endanger his own life by doing that, but to charge in and then make the pokemon- show's energy is getting depleted through the leech seed, work to fend off incoming enemy attacks also shows no consideration for the Pokemon and their health, all because Ash failed to analyze the situation and his options to get the stick to Pangoro, properly. Such a kind, selfless trainer.....

That...I don't know. I guess it was just Ash, being his reckless self?

In fact, I just realized that Fletchling had been forgotten for the rest of the episode.

SerenaForTheWin

Yusarin >_<
Why is it that I'm not surprised to see that kind of scene? :p

isn't that why the writers planned tr had some sort of argument, and i never thought that it would turned out to this

james inkay attacking jessie's wobbufet. i'm sure we saw something like this in the past arcs

isn't that why the writers planned tr had some sort of argument, and i never thought that it would turned out to this

james inkay attacking jessie's wobbufet. i'm sure we saw something like this in the past arcs

I honestly haven't, but I'm still not surprised. That post was supposed to be more of an appeal to humor anyway. :p

Mega Missingno

I think it's always been that way in the anime, so I'm not sure. Then again, I don't tend to think about stuff like that.

He hid his face with his Frubbles because he thought Pikachu was an enemy at first, and his Frubble hood was likely his way of going into battle mode or something. As for Chespin, I recall both pulling their arms away because Chespin's feet were sharp, as far as I can tell. Then, both helped Chespin out when Chespin laid still for them.

That...I don't know. I guess it was just Ash, being his reckless self?

In fact, I just realized that Fletchling had been forgotten for the rest of the episode.

I can't seem to recall that wheel ever being there before. I'm sure I would've noticed it and questioned it, in past episodes, if it were. It just seems so out of place.
Sorry, but I still don't get the face mask Frubbles thing. I know Froakie had it over his head in its introduction episode, but I didn't get it, then, either. If it feared that Pikachu was an enemy, before actually seeing it, then I'm still left confused as to why it didn't simply throw the Frubbles at it or fired off a water attack, like most pokemon seem to to do upon encountering an predator or enemy. Even fleeing would've been a more logical option, if Froakie thought it was in danger- the water it came out of was literally right there, and Pikachu could've come out and be all like "wait, it's just me! Come back!" But nope- Froakie just sits there and...apparently pulls a Frubble mask over its face...like it's the least bit intimidating. Yeah.... It just looks and seems ridiculously silly to me.

Re-watching the part where Froakie and Pikachu encountered Chespin, I realize that you might be right on that one. I originally thought that Froakie pushed Pikachu's hand away, but looking at it now, it looks like poor Froak took a kick- or painful poke to the face from Chespin's foot, and happened to swing its arm out in response, at the same time Pikachu pulled its hands back, before Chespin looked like it was told to stop squirming so both could get a grasp on it.

Pfft. Figures. Ash just doesn't think about the consequences to his actions and the risk he might be putting not only his, but his friend's Pokemon through, in the process. And after all that, no one even thinks to scold him. Not his Pokemon, who were hurt and had to expend energy as it was being depleted trying to support Ash's recklessness and fend off the attacks, not his friends, who's pokemon were also endangered thanks to Ash. No repercussions whatsoever. i would've at least expected Serena to say something at the end about it, since she appears to cafe for Ash more strongly than the others, but, nope. Everyone's just ok with it. Ugh.

Fletchling feels like it's been getting shafted a lot, recently. Froakie seems to be getting more the spotlight.

I can't seem to recall that wheel ever being there before. I'm sure I would've noticed it and questioned it, in past episodes, if it were. It just seems so out of place.

Wheel? I didn't realize there was a wheel. Maybe they added it off-screen?

I don't tend to think much of it anyway, which explains why I didn't mention a wheel before.

Sorry, but I still don't get the face mask Frubbles thing. I know Froakie had it over his head in its introduction episode, but I didn't get it, then, either. If it feared that Pikachu was an enemy, before actually seeing it, then I'm still left confused as to why it didn't simply throw the Frubbles at it or fired off a water attack, like most pokemon seem to to do upon encountering an predator or enemy. Even fleeing would've been a more logical option, if Froakie thought it was in danger- the water it came out of was literally right there, and Pikachu could've come out and be all like "wait, it's just me! Come back!" But nope- Froakie just sits there and...apparently pulls a Frubble mask over its face...like it's the least bit intimidating. Yeah.... It just looks and seems ridiculously silly to me.

Okay, with what you said, I would like to reword my response: Froakie was probably being cautious. He didn't know what was gonna come out of the bush, after all.

Besides, considering the last time he threw Frubble into a bush under the pretense that it could've been a threat, he probably didn't want to repeat that flub.

Am I the only one who finds Pumpkaboo 'CHA CHA CHA' and Inkay hilarious?

It was funny. And to that one poster, please tell me this isn't your first anime or series, because clearly you are either asking way too many questions or taking this all too seriously. Why should Ash be scolded for anything, he was doing what was right as a hero to rush in, plus his Pokemon and his friends's Pokemon too back him up.

Mega Missingno

It was funny. And to that one poster, please tell me this isn't your first anime or series, because clearly you are either asking way too many questions or taking this all too seriously. Why should Ash be scolded for anything, he was doing what was right as a hero to rush in, plus his Pokemon and his friends's Pokemon too back him up.
It's not my first series, or anime, and I don't see what's wrong with asking questions or attempting to analyze the actions of the characters which I might've found questionable or who exhibited inexcusable behavior.
i don't think Ash should be considered a hero, because while he did the right thing in saving the Pangoro, he went about it in the wrong way, didn't consider the options he had to achieve the same goal, and endangered himself and his 'friends' in the process, as I've already explained. A 'hero', while common practice to place others before himself, shouldn't be bringing harm to others in the midst of a good deed.
I think whatever writers behind this episode did a poor job in the storyline and morals for this one. It's fine if you don't like my analysis and opinion on it- I don't expect everyone to agree, but that's just the way I see it.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
For all of you bickering about how Team Rocket's sudden fighting within themselves causes the Pokemon to escape to be out of so called character need to watch this episode again, http://www.pokemon.com/us/tv-episodes/season-10/episode-1-10_01-following-a-maidens-voyage/
. Or at least lead the last section of the summary.

Meanwhile, Ash has arrived in Sinnoh with Pikachu and his stowaway Aipom. He's ready for adventure, but not ready for trouble: Team Rocket appears and successfully steals Pikachu! But Team Rocket starts arguing and everyone ends up flying, including Pikachu. Now how will Ash and Pikachu be reunited...?

Team Rocket often argue and this time arguing about who gets the credit is not unusual, in their boss fantasies, who ever initiates them often refers to the group as "Meowth and Friends" "James and Friends." etc. Showing that they do want to be individually recognized as well.

Last edited:

CMDShift4

Anonymous
I think whatever writers behind this episode did a poor job in the storyline and morals for this one. It's fine if you don't like my analysis and opinion on it- I don't expect everyone to agree, but that's just the way I see it.

Your analysis are fine and you logically pointed out things well. I dont think what you're doing is wrong but rather we're just exchanging our ideas here. Whether each of us agree or disagree depends on ourselves. I guess I'm going with HeroofIdeals with this one. For a kodomo anime like Pokemon,I don't think it was written to be that complex ever since. Still, it doesn't hurt if someone like you gives a fine and honest analysis of things.

Why is it that I'm not surprised to see that kind of scene? :p

They've become annoying oftenly, but I admit they made me laugh on that part and not irritated at all. :D

[img139]http://i770.photobucket.com/albums/xx345/cmdshift/fokko02_zps29bdedf6.gif[/img139]
And this just made me love Fennekin even more. It was brief but I enjoyed seeing Fennekin's personality shine at last. It does take after it's trainer. And the twig was nice as well.

Oh how I wish it would be a female one :)

Last edited:

Platinum fan.

RetiredPokemonMaster
Your analysis are fine and you logically pointed out things well. I dont think what you're doing is wrong but rather we're just exchanging our ideas here. Whether each of us agree or disagree depends on ourselves. I guess I'm going with HeroofIdeals with this one. For a kodomo anime like Pokemon,I don't think it was written to be that complex ever since. Still, it doesn't hurt if someone like you gives a fine and honest analysis of things.

They've become annoying oftenly, but I admit they made me laugh on that part and not irritated at all. :D

Oh how I wish it would be a female one :)

Fennekin is most likely a female Fennekin :)