• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle According to Lenora (674)

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I know that's right! I hate Lenora. My fighting Pokemon wasn't as strong as I needed it to be.

(P.O.K.E.M.O.N)

AshXSerena = Canon
Maybe because they didn't? No dubbing company has the skills to do an edit that professional. I mean just look at 4kids, back when they were dubbing the show, editing of a rice ball to a sandwich and compare it with this- A sandwich can't roll down the hill because it would break apart. And yet a sandwich rolled down the hill without breaking apart, twice. And to top it off it looked off-model. It's clear it was done by the original, Japanese, writers. Heck in previous episode I couldn't even tell she had an apron before because the edit is clearly professional. Watch this version of the episode (and the other eps of Lenora without her apron) be aired in Japan when they re-air those episodes.

you do know when 4 kids edited those rice balls it was over 6-7 years ago technology has improved

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
you do know when 4 kids edited those rice balls it was over 6-7 years ago technology has improved

Do you even know how animation works? It's impossible for them to change the scenes in such a short amount of time.

the1stpkmnfan

Your Big Buff Bro
A little late to the party, but I just caught up with this episode.

After watching it, boy, I never thought Lillipup was so freakin' adorable!! x3 I never want to evolve it now. Especially how feisty it is in battle.

I also like Lenora as a character, especially how she determines what kind of trainer she's facing off. When she has her trainers find a book that they get thrown off about. She's very clever and a lot more than I give her credit for.

Although Ash lost against her, the battle between Oshawott and Watchog was an intense battle. Oshawott was cute and beastmode as usual, especially using that awesome shell of his. Too bad he lost though, and then Ash losing the battle. Lenora's was pretty tough.

I'm looking forward to the rematch next week.

And PS, Team Rocket are pretty cool Sly Coopers in this episode. They're amazing me each and every passing episode!

Vipsoccermaster

Just watched this episode. The battle between Lenora and Ash, was okay, not surprising that Ash lost. Lillipup was very cute at first, and then it changes mood at an instant.

Ash is going to do some training now with Don George to improve for the rematch.

As for Team Rocket, man, they're quick, James knows his stuff.

Orton155

Pokemon Enthusiast
This was a great episode to show how gaining the psychological advantage is so important. Before the battle lenora described Ash as the 'head on' type which admittedly is a very accurate description she then used this with her roar-mean look combination. She knew Ash would be head on and would be stuck in with a strategy from the first move so she messed it up completely however she did not expect Ash to get back on his feet so quickly and get a nice hit on watchog when he predicted it's low kick.

Enough on psychology, I really liked certain parts of this episode. Like the appearance of the puzzle library and oshawott's sleepy water gun. This episode seems to have gone an extra mile into the small details and it tells us that pokemon do not always know what's going on when inside their pokeball, in the case of oshawott.

I think with the training with don george there will be a small section of the episode dedicated to it, probably a maximum of five minutes, with the rest of the episode dedicated to the rematch. I can't wait.

Finally, did anyone think before the battle began that it would be a double battle? I certainly did, and when Ash pulled out two pokeballs at once I almost was convinced and then just tepig come out lol. Also, throughout sinnoh it was mentioned at the start of every gym battle that 'only challengers may substitute pokemon' so yes it was a rule in most cases. However, it did stat that substitutions was free this time so I wasn't startled by the substitution one bit.

Anyway, great episode. Over and out.

Commander L. Halsti

Toxin Squad Cmdr.
Well, general consensus states that Lenora and Elesa are the hardest Gym Leaders. You must have been lucky or very well prepared in your first match.
The hardest Gym is actually the first one, if you refuse to use the monkeys. Lenora can be brought down with defensive strategies. But of course, Ash hasn't heard of a static, defensive battle, ever. And has trouble.

AmericanPi

Write on
I think this episode was rather mediocre - not great, but certainly not horrible. I'm kind of frustrated that Ash is so stupid, but oh well. That's how he is.

If I were a trainer, I'd epic fail against Lenora's book challenge. I actually judge books by their covers... despicable me. :(

Lillipup is SO ADORABLE!!!!!!!!! Yet he is SO POWERFUL!!!!!!! Watchog using Thunderbolt was a huge surprise to me; I didn't know that Watchog could learn Thunderbolt. Ash's Oshawott using its Scal Chop to deflect Thunderbolt was nice too, but too bad Lenora knew how to deal with it.

Lenora's battle strategy was actually pretty different from her game battle strategy. I expected Ash to knock out her Lillipup; then Lenora's Watchog would use Retaliate to pwn Ash's team. But the Roar/Mean Look combination is nice too. You need some real strategy to combat it.

Anyways, I'm really looking forward to next week's rematch. I hope Ash will use some faster Pokemon... but only time will tell.

Swagga09

team rocket just cant win, can they?

I remember everyone were saying they were getting annoying, recycled, same thing done to death, etc.

Now they changed for the better and most ppl hate it.

I love the new TR

gliscor&yanmega

Lilipup sounded pretty much how I thought it would. Thought it sounded good. Watchog isn't really remember-able voice wise to me.

I enjoyed the episode just like I did with the Japanese version. Team Rocket being awesome. Lenora being interesting and funny. Don George is as creepy as always...which is awesome. Cilan is Cilan(Which is a good thing).

Iris didn't stand out much in this episode for me, nor Hawes. Ash, despite it being an Ash type episode, nothing really stood out for me from him.

Shadow XD001

Good episode. I liked Lenora's strategy; Roar/Mean Look seem pretty good together. Also, switching to Watchog against Oshawott was a great idea because it knew Thunder Bolt, and Lenora knew how to deal with Oshawott's Scal Chop. Nice to see that Ash at least loses to one gym leader, because it's good for Ash to have at least one lose for each region. Can't wait for the rematch, though!

Rating: 8/10

Nyter

Island Challenger
Awesomeness IN ANIME

Good episode. I liked Lenora's strategy; Roar/Mean Look seem pretty good together. Also, switching to Watchog against Oshawott was a great idea because it knew Thunder Bolt, and Lenora knew how to deal with Oshawott's Scal Chop. Nice to see that Ash at least loses to one gym leader, because it's good for Ash to have at least one lose for each region. Can't wait for the rematch, though!

Rating: 8/10

YEAH I AGREE!

I think this season is finally bring strategies we would use in competitive battling.

Torpoleon

Black people were slaves and in the 50's and 60's for example, the woman wore aprons (usually because they were maids). I don't know about Japan, but that happened in the US. Surely that could explain why Lenora doesn't have an apron on in the dub.

But, seriously. Stop taking the show for granted! Which would you prefer: if the show got cancelled or them taking off a character's apron in the dub because of something that happened in the past? You just don't know when to stop. One more silly complaint and I'm going to freak out.

RickHoenn

Banned
Black people were slaves and in the 50's and 60's for example, the woman wore aprons (usually because they were maids). I don't know about Japan, but that happened in the US. Surely that could explain why Lenora doesn't have an apron on in the dub.

But, seriously. Stop taking the show for granted! Which would you prefer: if the show got cancelled or them taking off a character's apron in the dub because of something that happened in the past? You just don't know when to stop. One more silly complaint and I'm going to freak out.

Black people were slaves in the 50's??? o_O

They were freed in 1865 after the US civil war.