• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle According to Lenora (674)

Chimchar15

In my opinion they were better. To me most of the Sinnoh gym battles felt weak. There was a lack of creativity. Don't get me wrong some matches like hearthome are exceptions but I didn't like what I saw. In these last two battles I saw Ash use his head a lot more which is good. I really hope he keeps it up.

Teshub

Banned
In my opinion they were better. To me most of the Sinnoh gym battles felt weak. There was a lack of creativity. Don't get me wrong some matches like hearthome are exceptions but I didn't like what I saw. In these last two battles I saw Ash use his head a lot more which is good. I really hope he keeps it up.

How did Ash use his head more in the Unova gyms so far? He acted temperamental, and the only noticeable difference is Mijumaru/Oshawott showing more personality. Besides that I don't see this mastermind Ash people are fictionalizing recently.

gliscor&yanmega

Well.....in the second Pokemon movie DUB he did say he wished his mom named him Bob instead of Ash. XDDDD but I agree. I think people should be able to call Ash Satoshi if they'd like, coz after all that is his name. (so.......can we start calling him Bob too? jk)

I don't know if you're joking or not lol. If that really happened then wow lol.

Hey friend, Im just telling it how it is. Like gliscor&yanmega talking about how this was such a great episode just by looking at the screencaps.

I never said it was a great episode from looking at the pictures. I said it was nice. Pictures aren't worthless, they can tell you what's going on. And besides, I did watch the video of it afterwards. If I like what I see from the pictures then it's most likely going to be even better in video format, which is the case always for me. There was nothing wrong with the episode.

Krizor

Evil Genius
Cranidos didn't evolve in the gym battle.. If you're going to count the first three gym battles of DP (battle, rematch, Gardenia), then do so after Ash's rematch with Aloe, as then the number would be even. But I still don't agree with you though. Ash vs. Roark1 was better then Ash vs. Aloe1, but Ash vs. Gardenia was just kinda as uninteresting as Ash vs. Elemental Monkeys..

I know Cranidos didn't evolve during the battle, I just made mention of it because it's evolution did play a role in it.

And I totally disagree that Gardenia's match was uniteresting since it had build up from the previous battle in the forest and the overall match was a lot more entertaining to me than the Sanyou City Gym battle in BW.

Sabonea_Masukippa

Ok, so I don't know if this is news or not but in Aloe's gym (in the anime) challengers must pick two Pokemon to battle with and both parties are free to switch as they please. Dent comments that 'each gym has their own way of doing things'. Dunno if the switches were causing as much hate here as on bulbagarden but just thought I'd mention it.

garfield15

Digi/Pokemon lover
Ok, so I don't know if this is news or not but in Aloe's gym (in the anime) challengers must pick two Pokemon to battle with and both parties are free to switch as they please. Dent comments that 'each gym has their own way of doing things'. Dunno if the switches were causing as much hate here as on bulbagarden but just thought I'd mention it.
Oh my god, thank you. Thank you for someone else mentioning this.

This "switching" rage is what happens when people don't know what's fully going on in an episode.

Last edited:

gliscor&yanmega

Really now, well this could be interesting if each gym ends up doing something different from the last.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Well, this was a predictable episode. I finally watched this one, but it left a bitter taste in my mouth. Well, it was nice to return to the library-portion of the Shippou City museum at the beginning of the episode. It looked like there were people in there studying. I wonder if Aloe teaches a class. I hope not. When Kidachi opened that door at the end of the library, I thought we'd see the battle field but instead, there were just more books. LOLWOTT? Dento and Aloe seemed to have a conversation while there. I think Dento introduced himself, so that must mean he didn't know her before. Oops. Anyway, it seemed that Ash had to solve a quick puzzle before the battle, which isn't something that usually happens, so I liked that little change. Ash chose a book from the bookcase near Aloe, and the staircase to the battle field was revealed. How very accurate to the in-game events. I noticed that Kidachi was still calling Aloe, "mama". That does sound really awkward. I know that it's a term of endearment, but it sounds weird. Those two are just an odd couple. Well, Aloe then talked about something involving kids choosing books, so I guess she was mentioning previous challengers or something. Whatever, I doubt it was relevant to the events that were happening. Aloe then showed Ash and friends to the battle field. Finally, geez. Was all that stuff back there, just filler material to make this episode longer? I think so! We got some neat Isshu route music as Ash got all excited about the battle. Geez Ash, don't wet yourself. Aloe then did something I hadn't expected: she put on her apron. What?! I thought for sure that she would keep it off for the battle. Whatever. Aloe then sent out Miruhoggu, which scared the living daylights out of me! I mean, look at those eyes! AHHH! Aloe then sent out her next Pokemon, a Yooterii. Wow, I thought it looked really cute, and apparently so did Iris. Iris started to pet it, and it looked happy enough. Yooterii licking Ash's face was cute. Hmm. WiseDogShipping, anyone? Haha, I'm kidding. Dento did something faaaabulous, and then Kidachi explained more about the battle. Anyway, the battle finally started, after about 10 minutes of filler talking scenes. Aloe chose to use Yooterii as her first Pokemon, but Yooterii looked really vicious at the start of the battle. Even Iris noticed and she looked shocked. God, I hope that for Ash's sake, that dog had its rabies shots. Ash sent out Pokabu as his first Pokemon. That choice wasn't my personal favorite though, but whatever.; I learned to live with it. Just as Ash was going to have Pokabu use Ember, Aloe's Yooterii used Roar attack. Haha, I guess its bark was worse than its bite. Anyway, that attack sent Pokabu back into its Pokeball and Mijumaru was sent out! Yessssss! It looked so cute since it had apparently been sleeping. It started freaking out when it realized that it was no longer safe inside of its Pokeball. Haha, Mijumaru never gets old.

Aloe then did something strange: she recalled Yooterii. What what what?! Since when are Gym Leaders allowed to recall Pokemon? I thought that one of the rules was that they couldn't, and only the challenger could. Cheater! Aloe sent out Miruhoggu, and even Mijumaru seemed to dislike the beast haha. Ash was going to recall it, but Miruhoggu used Mean Look. Fudge! I guess Aloe knows her strategies. Mijumaru looked pissed though haha. It used Water Gun on Miruhoggu, but that didn't work and it just got hit by Low Kick. Wow, that thing was fast. Mijumaru was angry, and it finally got serious. Miruhoggu used Thunderbolt, but Mijumaru deflected it with its shell. Yay! Aloe looked stunned, but I still knew she was a real challenge. Mijumaru managed to hit Miruhoggu with Water Gun and was going to follow it with Shell Blade, but Miruhoggu countered it with its tail. Shoot. Mijumaru's shell went flying, and without it, it couldn't deflect the next Thunderbolt attack and it lost. What?! Mijumaru needs more victories! Aloe recalled Miruhoggu (cheater!) and sent Yooterii out as Ash sent out Pokabu. Pokabu tried to attack, but it missed. Yooterii was just too fast and it used Shadow Ball, which hurt Pokabu. Oh come on. Pokabu then used Ember against Yooterii, but the Yooterii used Take Down and it managed to run through the fire and hit Pokabu. Then, quite predictably, Pokabu fainted. Aloe (the cheater) won the battle then. Well, at least Ash thanked Aloe for the battle. That was nice. Ash was then seen at the Shippou City Pokemon Center, feeling sorry for himself after his loss. Iris and Dento tried to cheer him up though. Ash started getting mad though. Jeez, he could be a little nicer to his only friends in the Isshu region. Nurse Joy appeared then with Pokabu and Mijumaru. Nurse Joy then seemed to recommend that Ash train at the Battle Club. You know, because it's so obviously her business. Anyway, that night, Team Rocket started putting their plan into action. Jessie and Meowth broke into the museum and they quickly switched the meteorite with a fake right after James turned off the security lasers for a few seconds. That was smooth, but I still dislike the new serious Team Rocket. I noticed cars on the road when they were leaving though; that was a nice touch. We don't usually get cars in this anime. Anyway, in the morning Ash and friends went to the Battle Club to talk to the town's Don George. Ash seemed to tell him the entire story about the Gym battle, and Don George agreed to help Ash train there in the Battle Club. It sure looked mighty intense as the door in the facility opened, but I'm sure that Ash will manage to get his training done. One thing is certain: you're not gonna reach his telephone, 'cause he's out in the club, sippin' that bub. Anyway, I knew Ash would lose, but I liked that he set his sights on training before this episode ended. That's why I'm giving this Gym battle episode, a nice 8/10. It was entertaining enough. Stay faaaabulous~

Last edited:

playerking

Sick of dealing with idiots.
Aloe then sent out Miruhoggu, which scared the living daylights out of me! I mean, look (Coincidence? I think not!) at those eyes! AHHH!

"Haha, I guess its bark was worse than its bite."

Hahaha, nice one!

"Haha, Mijumaru never gets old."

True that

"Nurse Joy then seemed to recommend that Ash train at the Battle Club. You know, because it's so obviously her business."

She was just being nice, GOSH! :p

"I noticed cars on the road when they were leaving though; that was a nice touch. We don't usually get cars in this anime."

There were police cars like 5 episodes ago, then another one 4 episodes before that

I feel something bad coming this way, my spidey sense are tingling.

"It sure looked mighty intense as the door in the facility opened,"

It's coming soon.

"but I'm sure that Ash will manage to get his training done."

Almost here.

"One thing is certain: you're not gonna reach his telephone, 'cause he's in the club, sippin' that bub."
Oh dear lord -___-'

Honestly Gym leaders have switched before, i don't think it's a rule, maybe some are just laid back and choose to let them selves switch for once, like Aloe.

I thought it was a good episode, the battle was boring, but the rest was good. I'll do my good and bad thoughts later.

Last edited:

AzzyFox

Elite Trainer
I'm amazed that it never occurred to Ash that he has an Infernape he can use to breeze through this Gym Battle.

gliscor&yanmega

Yep! That did happen in the dub, I remember it well. ;) However I did use it in a jokingly, happy-go-lucky sort of way :D

Lol, well that's odd, it's just the dub though, but still, lol.

I'm amazed that it never occurred to Ash that he has an Infernape he can use to breeze through this Gym Battle.

I'm amazed that it never occurred to some people that being a Pokemon Master needs to use different Pokemon through out...

Ash wants to be a Pokemon Master, you can't be one by using just one Pokemon.

Ash always does this.

Also, Infernape isn't invincible, it would probably lose in a gym at some point.

Don't try and make Ash seem like a complete idiot since he's not.

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
Don't try and make Ash seem like a complete idiot since he's not.

Just mostly :p

Team Rocket's antics are getting quite interesting. Do you think this is because they now consider themselves elite? When Giovanni considered them incompetent, they acted as such. But now that it appears they have gained his favor (somehow...), they've certainly stepped it up. I won't lie, though, as awesome as they are, I've had some definite facepalm moments where I feel they're acting *too* serious.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I won't lie, though, as awesome as they are, I've had some definite facepalm moments where I feel they're acting *too* serious.

The problem is Jessie/James lost their old personality. I have no problem with them being competent, but this doesn't seem like the same Jessie/James we've known for 13 years. Where is Jessie's vain attitude and James meekness? Couldn't they still have their old personalities and be competent at the same time?

Meowth is the only one that still seems similar to his old counterpart, especially when he dressed up as an Umbreon in BW4.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I don't care if Jessie and James lost their old personalities. I like them way better now.