• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice (663)

the grunting and squealing can be interpreted as oinking I guess...i mean whenever does a horse "neigh" or a rooster "cockle doodle doo" ?

Well if you wanna be technical about it most animals don't really make the sounds that are often associated with them at all. I have three cats at home and none of them make a sound that resembles "meow" or even "nya" at all, one of them squeaks, one goes "rowr", and the third goes "mao". But that's way off topic, in truth though the sound pigs make is nowhere close to "oink" by comparison.

Brumrha

Banned
Anyway, the episode itself was great! I am a huuuge Tepig fan, and I was almost squealing for joy when Ash caught him! I love Tepigs dubbed voice! *oink!*

Looks like my starter pokemon in the new game has been decided. :)

I'm nowhere near as easily swayed by this Tepig as you are, even though I'm a pyromaniac myself...

Anyhow, time to have a look.

- Looks like we've reached our destination, so now it's time for our Gym Fight! Yay!
- Bombshell time: Iris reveals to Ash that this is a different city altogether, & it has no gym. Talk about a head-desk moment...
- However, this place does have a Battle Club, & it happens to have a bunch of trainers that come here on a regular basis. At least we'll still see some bloodshed at least, even if it's not inside a gym.
- As they're just walking in the club, they instantly walk inside a fight in progress - one in which a Dewott is fighting against a Servine!
- Servine lashes out with a Leaf Blade, but it ended up being dodged & countered with a Water Gun, of all things. Still, that was enough to stop Servine dead in its tracks.
- The club's manager steps in to stop the fight, & orders Servine's trainer to go get it healed back up. In the meantime, introductions abounds from Ash & Iris.
- Some more talking later on, & before we know it, Ash is thrown head first into a fight inside the club, against the same trainer that fought against Servine.
- Ash sends out his Pikachu, but from out of nowhere, his Oshawott comes out to play. Brother... I'm thinking that Oshawott is to Pikachu like Dawn's Cyndaquil is to Piplup: A ^&$%^ that craves for attention!
- The good thing is that it only takes a mean Pokémon like the opposing Dewott to make Oshawott back down quietly & let Pikachu have his spotlight back.
- Pikachu VS Dewott! FIGHT!!
- Pikachu opens up with a Thunderbolt, but it misses & Dewott counters with a Water Gun!
- That ends up getting dodged, & Pikachu follows up with an Iron Tail, which finds its mark on Dewott's head! That's a hell of a concussion...!
- Pikachu immediately lets out with a Volt Tackle, but it gets stopped dead with a Shell Blade from the opponent! That's going to leave a mark...
- Then... interruption time: The club's storage facility is being pilfered by a bunch of $%^$ing low-life thieves! It always has to be something, hmm?
- Turns out that Team $&%*ing Rocket are the thieves, but also beforehand, there was a blindingly fast shadow of a Pokémon being caught in the camera's footage. Interesting...
- Ash identifies that as an Umbreon, something that's uber-rare in the Unova region. The Manager & his cohorts went ape%*&$ over this discovery, & immediately set out to catch it.
- Ash & Iris follow suit, & set out into the storage facility, to set up some Pokémon food in order to lure it out. Ash has plans to catch it, but so does Iris...
- They split up to try to find it out in the open, leaving Pikachu & Oshawott to keep watch.
- Alas, the only thing Oshawott has in mind is chowing down. Since Pikachu doesn't take such a thing too well, Pikachu tries to get it back on task, but ends up getting thwacked on by a few boxes, a pan (yeowch!) & ends up getting trapped inside a box itself. Beautiful...
- During that time, TR gets wind about them searching for an Umbreon, & they get a bright idea of having Meowth masquerade as an Umbreon, in order to cause some chaos, thus keeping their attention away from the rest of the team.
- They ended up literally painting Meowth as an Umbreon, which works just fine, seeing that this whole region hasn't seen one in their lives. The plan works down to a T.
- Once Meowth gets cornered, the manager & his cohorts start crying themselves the Niagra Falls. This starts making Meowth feel guilty over tricking them, & he reveals his true colors.
- As he leaves, they soon find out that a Meowth, even if it can't talk, is as equally rare around these parts, & once they realize that, they again, start bawling themselves. Wow... these people are really disillusioned...
- Back with Ash & Iris, they manage to find that Pokémon that was on the run, & it turns out to be a Tepig, not an Umbreon, upon closer examination.
- Turns out that not only is it dirtier than a hobo, it also is malnourished, as if its something that came crawling out from Auschwitz. The reason is its snout is bound with some rope. Very sad...
- Ash gets it cleaned up, & feeds it some food, which it immediately starts hastily going "OMNOMNOMNOMNOM!!!" That's not a good thing, so Ash starts coaxing it to go slower. As this is happening, Iris is looking at him with a smile, & thus is realizing that he's not what she thought he is.
- As they're coming back to the storage facility, they notice TR shadily making their exit, but Ash soon realizes that they've taken his Pikachu!
- & TR motto incoming! Mute the $&%#ing television!!
- They make a run for it into the skies by using a floaty glass box, which blocks Oshawotts Water Gun, but gets blown out of the sky by Tepig's Ember!
- But instead of getting blown away to god knows where, they deploy their personal gliders & fly off into "safety," which I don't like a single bit. Still, Pikachu is back safe & sound.
- Afterward, the manager explains to them how Tepig was like that in the first place: Turns out that its original trainer abandoned it after it kept losing fight after fight. Another Pokémon Cruelty scenario...
- Ash decides to take Tepig along with him, & off they go.

So now Ash has a Tepig, Iris starts looking at him in a much different way, & we still get to see some fighting in the war-zone. Still, if a trainer would go as low as to just abandon all hopes of their own Pokémon to the point of just tossing them out into the wind, that person is a %^&$ing snitch! I'm sick of these people!

...Turn this $%&% off...

gliscor&yanmega

So "Who's That Pokemon?" returns again in this episode? Do we know why it wasn't in the last episode then? Odd.

Don George sounded interesting and familiar. Although I was expecting something different.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Before this episode I hated how fat Tepig was, but I hate skinny Tepig more.

So, I like fat Tepig. In other words, [IRIS]He's so pudgy-wudgy![/IRIS]

IatosHaunted

THE GREAT RETURN
Pretty good episode, I liked Tepig's origin, it was sort of a callback to charmander, way back when. Wish we ahd seen mroe of tepig in battle, though.

hever

022611229PM
^Yeah it was similar with Charmander's and Chimchar's story. *sigh* Fire starters. tsk tsk

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Pokabu's story was sooo sad :(. It was all skinny and everything man I wanted to kick that douche bag trainers *** so badly!!!! I love the little piggy lol its adorable. I'm glad ash caught it :)!!

Phinocio

trainer leaving the fire starter after it lost in a battle....where have I seen that before?

Ohyeh, DP saga. and kanto...>_>

And what's up with the reusing the pose after Ash catches a pokemon? >_>

Last edited:

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer

Flygon Master54

Ahh I'm back baby
It was random that they just appeared at the Battle Club.
OMG Team Rocket did something stupid, first and last for this arc, Meowth getting painted to be like umbreon.

Rebeccag

Good episode again, Tepig I think is goig to be the chimchar of this series its not as cute but its ok I guess. Loved Meouth being painted like Umbreon though and Pikachu being trapped in a box. Tepig choosing Ash over Iris was kinda cute and I think Don george could be kinda intresting sort of a train your pokemom before the gyms kinda thing. Cant wait to meet the first gym leader.

Vipsoccermaster

This episode was all right. And here we go again with the typical Fire type starters who used to be abused. I guess this is normal in the anime now?

Also great to see Servine and Dewott. Funny Meowth, trying to act like an Umbreon.

Jigglypuff5000

Nobody noticed how the Battle Club almost felt non-existant? It felt that way to me.

Agreed. This literally could've taken place in a city, pokemon center, woodland hideaway and it would've gone near the same way.

In addition, was I the only one expecting to see the Tepig be only one of the abusive pokemon [yes, the fact the fire starter is abused for the third time did stifle a yawn from me too] in this episode? I mean, I was expecting this Battle Club to be gritty and tough like that, almost Underground-whatever like.

I'm also hoping that Iris drops the 'kid' lines soon, it's grown really stale now [yes, we know you'll be revealed as the final Gym Leader, now pipe down]... >->

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
I just love Team Rocket's attitude and stunts now... looks like they were specially trained

TheEpicGoomba

I really liked this episde. I felt sorry for Tepig when it was tied up in the rope and it when it was so skinny from not being able to eat. I am so glad Ash got Tepig instead of Iris. The Battle Club was a cool place. I thought it was adorable when Oshawott was eating the food.