• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice (663)

Koh

Tamer
I personally prefer the new TR over the old one. Seriously, the "blast offs" got so old and predictable, that they lost their taste after half the first saga. In the dub, their constant rhyming is annoying as hell. And lastly, they're way more competent than before.

dman_dustin

In the episode with the abandoned Charmander (who later became Ash's pokemon), when Ash first threw a pokeball, it failed to capture him.

Only because Charmander didn't want to go to Ash at the time, not because it was uncatchable.

Regardless of the technicalities of the words, Pokabu was still wild so Ash could catch Pokabu with a monster ball.

tidus

charmander and pokabu were both pretty hesitant by ash at first at start charmander kept returning to the rock and pokabu running away from ash.
so far ash has 4 of his 6 pokemon and we already know the grass starter will be no.5 in 3 episodes.

seems like for this season they are really cutting down on the filler. looking forward to the gym episode next week 3 0n 3 not sure how fair it is to battle 3 gym leaders in 1 go because u can't get a read on strategy.

wondering is Iris really a trainer yet the way she treats pokemon similar to may and dawn at the start not really having a clue also kibabo hasn't been in 1 battle yet. don't know how she can make friends with them if she keeps stretching their face's lol. I also prefer the new and improved TMR the constant blastoffs were a real pain the only relief was during ash's league competitions.

turtle twig

Anyone have the feeling we might later meet Pokabu's former trainer. With Charmander and Chimchar, we knew the former trainers (Damion and Paul respectively). Part of me hopes that this arrogant trainer isn't Shooti (too soon to be similar).

TicoPokemonMaster

Anyone have the feeling we might later meet Pokabu's former trainer. With Charmander and Chimchar, we knew the former trainers (Damion and Paul respectively). Part of me hopes that this arrogant trainer isn't Shooti (too soon to be similar).

Shooti praised tsutarja when it won so I doubt he would go as far as leaving a pokemon tied to a pole. Plus Paul released pokemon but he was a *** (meaning he would tied up a pokemon). the worst Paul did was to let chimchar go after to fend for its own after been with him for so long.

Sushi

unspecified
Staff member
Super Mod
Sushi, did you see the episode or just the pics? If so, do you know what Giovanni said to Team Rocket please? Thank you!
He just had new instructions for them. They were ordered to go to Sanyo City, contact the headquarters from there and investigate at "a certain place".

Gipauchii

Elite Trainer
Although Team Rocket is more badass, the only thing they have managed to accomplish is preventing themselves from blasting off. Hopefully they will actually manage to successfully steal something or catch something worthy of Giovanni's time.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Although Team Rocket is more badass, the only thing they have managed to accomplish is preventing themselves from blasting off. Hopefully they will actually manage to successfully steal something or catch something worthy of Giovanni's time.

Giovanni'ss giving them the time though, so they must be doing something right.

I've warmed up to Pokabu as a whole from this episode. I didn't like the Pokemon at first, but the episode made me like it. It's kind of cute.

Joe.

Pokabu is adorable, a lot cuter than the otter. I really don't understand the appeal of that thing, it looks like Chucky Finster from Rugrats...

The sooner it evolves the better.

jolteonjak

*swoons for Noland*
He just had new instructions for them. They were ordered to go to Sanyo City, contact the headquarters from there and investigate at "a certain place".

Awesome. Thank you Sushi. So Giovanni gives them orders on screen now? TR is officially getting badass.

TrainerOfLegend

No. Its evolutions are trash.

Keep it unevolved.

Mijumaru's evolutions are acceptable, but Mijumaru looks alot better than both of then. I'm kindbof skeptical of Pokabu evolving and turning into the same type that Infernape is.

shac

Mijumaru's evolutions are acceptable, but Mijumaru looks alot better than both of then. I'm kindbof skeptical of Pokabu evolving and turning into the same type that Infernape is.

None complained about bayleef and sceptile. What's wrong with infernape and pokabu evos. As far as I am concerned they are totally different. Emboar can hardly be a fast, agile mach-puncher. Emboar will be the cudgel instead of the spear, if you know what I mean.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I agree completely with hol123. Even I didn't like Pokabu, but this episode made me feel differently for it, and I also agree that Mijumaru should evovle, and Pokabu should stay in its base form.

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
None complained about bayleef and sceptile. What's wrong with infernape and pokabu evos. As far as I am concerned they are totally different. Emboar can hardly be a fast, agile mach-puncher. Emboar will be the cudgel instead of the spear, if you know what I mean.

Ash has enough powerful fire type poke'mon. He needs a change, and a fully-evolved water type would be better for him.

shac

Ash has enough powerful fire type poke'mon. He needs a change, and a fully-evolved water type would be better for him.

I completely agree. I was just saying that if pokabu choses to evolve to the fullest (along with miju) that might not be such a bad thing.

kemal07

So another episode and yet we haven't seen Koromori yet :), I'm sure the writers know what their doing.
Iris getting upset that Pokabu also wanted to Join Ash. Could this be a hint that the 3rd and final starter Tsurtaja might in fact join Iris?.

Anyway this isn't the place for this. Staying on topic I give this episode a 9

Cazak

When Wings Fly High
I rather think they'll continue the gag that Iris even wanted Tsujarta, but even that one went to Ash.