• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle Club and Tepig's Choice (663)

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Battle Club! Mysterious Pokemon Appears!!

On the way to Sanyou City, Ash & Iris hear of a nearby Battle Club where trainers are able to battle against eachother freely in order to hone their skills. However, when they get there, Ash faces some challenging trainers, and to top it off, Team Rocket have plans to steal the Pokémon within the club...

Visit The Episode Guide

Discuss

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
Damn still 2 hour away...-_- Well hopefully Ash captures Pokabu, it looked abused in that preview.:( CURSE YOU DON GEORGE!!!!!

tidus

i think he will pick up the fire starter too
the battle at the club looks cool aways good to see new poke

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Don George is surprised to see Pikachu..
What a great battle, Futachimaru punchs Pikachu after Pikachu uses Iron Tail.

thebluemarc

King of the World
@Tidus I think you should just edit your first post for updates. I think the mods are strict with the commentaries to avoid flooding.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Too bad boxes fall on Pikachu's head, Jessie and James found both Pika and Mijumaru alone! And yes it seems that Ash has a bond with Pokabu so he will catch it after he saved it.

tidus

thought the battle would have lasted longer
wow that pokemon can eat a lot my guess is they are using the food to lure the umbreon

it's cruel whichever trainer did that to pokabu

Last edited:

Mayfan

Wh-hoo!
The epicness of this episode blew me away, so I'm writing a longer review than usual.

-Out of all the five episodes that have premiered thus far, this is my favorite.

- Hehehe Miju's adorable.
*Pops out of PokeBall* I can do this!
Trainer: Go! Futachimaru!
Mijumaru: D: ... Ehehe... I'm too cool for this battle. Well, Pikachu, we're waiting.

-I loved "Meowth-eon". I never thought Don would be so emotion. Thinking back on Maylene's assistants and Chuck... they sure love making cry-baby tough dudes don't they?

-I reaaaallly hope Kibago keeps its name/voice in English. It's adorable.

-Who could do that to a Pokabu!?

-He he. I hope that becomes a running gag with Iris, where they refuse to join her.

-And so Ash catches a Pokabu!

-Y'know, I feel sorry for Don George, hope he gets an Umbreon.

Rating: 430856234684/10
Wait, I can't do that? Fine, 10/10.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I'm impressed from the way TR escaped again, without blasting off. I guess they will never get blast off again.

tidus

ash really bonds well with the pokemon he is about to catch
funny how with the water and fire starter iris thought she was going to catch them
even though she spends no time with them also does any poke like getting there face stretched like that? pokabu's fire attack was cool
no battle pokabu choose ash as his trainer

Paul Ketchum

Remarkable!
Just as I thought, Ash captured Pokabu. I knew if the writers were going for a Kanto feel that they would end up giving Ash all 3 starters. Tsutarja is definitely next.

But why are Ash's Fire Types always abused pokemon? It's getting quite redundant.

Achernar

star-mapping pro
It's really boring how Ash managed to gets hold at least one of the starters in each region.

The writers should give non-starter pokemon more chances.

tidus

cyndaquil wasn't niether was torkoal, next weeks gym epi looks awesome having to battle 3 different gym leaders will be tough
blow by blow:
ash arrives at battle club checks out other trainers pokemon in pc
sees grass evolved and water evolved starter battling, water one wins
ash's pickachu and the trainer with the water evolved battle some pretty slick moves on ash's part to get the iron tail to hit. battle called off because team rocket intruding. something to do with the boxes in the warehouse.
the Don George and Ash and the others see Umbreon outside, Ash gets info from pokedex about it shows George and it runs off. im guessing they really want this pokemon that is rare to the region.

team rocket take advantage of this and paint meowth black so it looks like it and the battle club spend there time chasing meowth thinking it's the pokemon there after. meanwhile ash and iris use poke food as bait to draw out the pokemon. instead pokabu appears covered in smoke and a muzzle around it's mouth so it can't eat. the terrified poke panicks and flees but ash manages to catch up and calm pokabu down after getting blasted with smookscreen and takes off the muzzle, pokabu happily eats the whole thing.
in the storage area where they left the food mejaru is chowing down hard on the bait, pickachu tries to stop him, doesn't succeed and gets knocked out from boxes faling down, team rocket later arrive remove the boxes and stick pickachu in a black bag with mejaru following behind.
Don George and the battle club group corner meowth(dressed like umbreon) and they break into tears over this, mowth reveals his medallion my guessing tell them that he's not umbreon, crying some more then chasing meowth in anger

we find out from Don George that pokabu has been mistreated by his previous trainer (kinda like charmander) and tied up with the rope that ash removed. we see jesse and james escaping with pickachu, mejaru following uses water gun, team rocket counter with some kinda waterforcefield and manage to take to the sky in the shield. pokabu in ash's arms gets down uses some kinda fire attack, breaking the shield and freeing pickachu, as usual team rocket don't blast off but escape in handgliders. iris is interested and stretches his face much like she did with pickachu much to pokabu's annoyance thinking pokabu wants to be iris's she takes out pokeball. pokabu against that and goes for ash, ash agrees throws pokeball shakes around and is caught. ash and iris leave heading ever closer to the gym. well thats it for the blow by blow account

Last edited:

Paul Ketchum

Remarkable!
It's really boring how Ash managed to gets hold at least one of the starters in each region.

The writers should give non-starter pokemon more chances.

Starters are a main part of the games and the anime is a promotional tool for the games, so they will always end up on the main cast and Ash will always have at least one.