• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
Hey guys long time since last post for me :p

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone here has Mystery Dungeon: Explorers of Sky cause I really need to be rescued. If anyone could help me out it would be much appreciated. Thx

Snorby

Snorby
Since I know a little bit about RSE NU, I'll post a set for it lmao

Pokemon: Roselia
Set:
Roselia@Leftovers
Natural Cure
252 HP 252 SpD 4 Speed
Calm Nature

-Hidden Power Grass
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis/Aromatherapy/Substitute
Play Style: Mainly a Spiker. Set up as many layers a possible then attack. A good Whiscash counter as well. Subseed can be run, or you can use synthesis for more layers of spikes or aromatherapy for a cleric.
Explanation:Spikes can prove very useful in any tier of RSE; NU is no exception. Glalie is another good spiker, but Roselia can counter Whiscash (one of the most prominent pokemon in the tier)
Clash:
While Glalie is a good spiker, it doesnt bring the longevity to the table that roselia does. Glalie is also much more predictable, as with Roselia you can never be sure if it's a Spiker/Cleric, a hardcore spiker running synthesis, or even a spikes/subseeder. Glalie also can't OHKO Whiscash running max special defense without explosion

Last edited:

Turpoo

S|utbro
Pokemon: Glalie
Set:
Glalie @ Lum Berry/Leftovers
Trait: Inner Focus
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spe / 4 Atk
Hasty/Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Ice Beam
- Explosion
- Hidden Power [Grass]/Crunch

Play Style: Set up spikes
Explanation: Switch into something that will run and set up spikes then explode if rapid spinner is dead.
Clash: Glalie has better overall stats than Roselia, better defense HP and Speed and can run HP grass for the threats such as Whiscash or Crunch a Grumpig. Glalie can set up and then do major damage by exploding. Roselia also doesn't get Eviolite. Roselia can't take a hit though, a murkrow can come in and easy Ohko it, even a Raticate can come in and Ohko, Roselia is not the fastest and gets outsped by things with invested speed. Oh and Whiscash's don't normally run any SP Def EVS so its a guaranteed OHKO after Spikes.

Last edited:

Kyro12

HiddenAmongstShadows
Voting for MMS' set.

Clarification
If you're nominating something for CCAT and wondering what the "Clash" section is, it's there for arguing why your nomination is better than someone else's nomination. I'm assuming, if you're the first nomination and need to clash after seeing someone else's nomination, you can post it separately or just update your nomination with the clash in there~

Snorby

Snorby
Updated my clash.

TBCMetro.png

Rules and Conditions
All games must be Best of 3s
All games are Metronome battle
All games must be done on PS or PO
Each Round lasts 1 week
Items must be leppa berry
The only move your pokemon may know is metronome
Unnerve is banned

Prizes
1st Place: Rank up + 100points + Banner
2nd Place: Rank up + 50 Points + Banner
3rd Place: 25 points + Banner
4th Place: 5 Points

Signing Up: 5 Points

Joining
HTML:
[B]Username:[/B]
[B]PO/PS:[/B]
[B]Timezone:[/B]

Elegible Pokemon
~These pokemon and their pre-evolutions are the only pokemon allowed in this tournament~
Code:
Clefable
Primeape
Poliwrath
Alakazam
Machamp
Golem
Gengar
Hypno
Hitmonlee
Hitmonchan
Mr. Mime
Jynx
Snorlax
Mewtwo
Mew
Politoed
Granbull
Ursaring
Miltank
Blissey
Celebi
Hariyama
Medicham
Plusle
Minun
Volbeat
Illumise
Spinda
Kecleon
Banette
Jirachi
Togekiss
Dusknoir

Battles Form
HTML:
Opponents Username
Game 1: W/D/L:
Game 2: W/D/L:
Game 3: W/D/L:
Notes:

Bracket
TBCMetro.png

Deadline
Round 1 september 27th @10pm gmt-7

Kyro12

HiddenAmongstShadows
Opponents Name: OceanicLanturn
Your rank: Treasurer or whatever
Opponents Rank: No clue
W/L/D: 5-0 Win
Notes: RSE NU. gg and PS is a bad gen3 simulator

Opponents Name: OceanicLanturn
Your rank: Treasurer or whatever
Opponents Rank: No clue
W/L/D: 6-0 Win
Notes: RSE NU. gg and PS is a bad gen3 simulator

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Voting for MMS's set because the clash is a bit more reasonable.

I need to get onto the Xat again. Can't keep missing these announcements. Didn't know about the Metronome tour sign-ups :/

Ðew™

Definition of insanity
...and there goes xat.

Also, been obsessing over gta 5 since i joined here and i apologize for the low amount of activity. that, and my weekday xat time is when everyone else is in class.

Imma Agito

Outplay Man
I know I've been really inactive of late. Don't think I'm really gonna be doing much until X and Y come out.

SoulMuse

Shadow of nothing
...oh my I haven't been active lately....

Well I am around, and I will try and drop on xat later.

AnakBaé

Going ultra inactive for the next 2 weeks, thanks to my laptop battery.
Might as well catching up with the current situation.

Hello, corporation slaves I'm going be doing a...
EXCUSE ME?

Hey guys. Just so you know, I'll be stepping down from the guild. Can't find the time or motivation to participate. Sorry for the trouble.
No worries. Bye Venom.

sorry guys I am leaving :/
Bye Rair. Idk what you're plotting with all dem quits but see ya :[

Kyro12

HiddenAmongstShadows
CCAT POST

Tier: RSE NU

The Team:

315.png

Roselia@Leftovers
Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 SpD / 4 Speed
Calm Nature
-Hidden Power Grass
-Spikes
-Leech Seed
-Synthesis/Aromatherapy/Substitute

Aight guys, sorry this post isn't as pretty as it could be. Anyways, here's the form for nominations:
CCAT FORM
Pokemon:
Set:
Play Style:
Explanation:
Clash:

Aaand, why the heck not, let's throw my own nomination in there.

CCAT FORM
Pokemon: Haunter
Set: Haunter (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Thunderbolt
Play Style: Status spreader, crippler, whatever
Explanation: The RSE NU metagame is mostly ruled by a horde of slow, physical attackers. Haunter is a Fast Will-o-Wisper. Need I say more? Haunter can cripple most of the metagame, which just kinda makes it awesome.
Clash:
I'll add this is when need be

Also, the set is extremely negotiable as far as the offensive moves. WoW is the main part of the set, the rest is up to personal preference :$

Snorby

Snorby
I'll vote for Kyro's set here, but I'd like to slash in Fire Punch over Thunderbolt so as not to be complete Roselia set up fodder. It can also hit Glalie, Tropius, Mawile, and the inasane amount of bug types that litter the tier hard. Explosion over substitute can be an option to go out with a bang. If we use Substitute, Giga Drain would be better than HP Grass because then you can make more subs.

So I propose the set be edited to this:

CCAT FORM
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute/Explosion/Thunderbolt
- Giga Drain/Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Punch/Thunderbolt
Play Style: Status spreader, wallbreaker, possible sweeper
Explanation: The RSE NU metagame is mostly ruled by a horde of slow, physical attackers. Haunter is a Fast Will-o-Wisper. Need I say more? Haunter can cripple most of the metagame, which just kinda makes it awesome. This set in particular also has the required coverage to hit the most of the tier (35/55) for SE damage. Giga Drain should be run with substitute only. Sub + Giga Drain for a sub-centered approach, Explosion + HP Grass to take something out nearly every match, and Thunderbolt and HP Grass for best coverage.
Clash:
This set is far more diverse, as I mentioned hitting over half the tier SE and the entire tier neutrally. It can explode to get rid of troublesome mons that got a chance to set up, cripple physical attackers, and outright OHKO a good chunk of the tier.

Kyro12

HiddenAmongstShadows
I'll vote for Kyro's set here, but I'd like to slash in Fire Punch over Thunderbolt so as not to be complete Roselia set up fodder. It can also hit Glalie, Tropius, Mawile, and the inasane amount of bug types that litter the tier hard. Explosion over substitute can be an option to go out with a bang. If we use Substitute, Giga Drain would be better than HP Grass because then you can make more subs.

So I propose the set be edited to this:

CCAT FORM
- Will-O-Wisp
- Substitute/Explosion/Thunderbolt
- Giga Drain/Hidden Power [Grass]
- Fire Punch/Thunderbolt
Play Style: Status spreader, wallbreaker, possible sweeper
Explanation: The RSE NU metagame is mostly ruled by a horde of slow, physical attackers. Haunter is a Fast Will-o-Wisper. Need I say more? Haunter can cripple most of the metagame, which just kinda makes it awesome. This set in particular also has the required coverage to hit the most of the tier (35/55) for SE damage. Giga Drain should be run with substitute only. Sub + Giga Drain for a sub-centered approach, Explosion + HP Grass to take something out nearly every match, and Thunderbolt and HP Grass for best coverage.
Clash:
This set is far more diverse, as I mentioned hitting over half the tier SE and the entire tier neutrally. It can explode to get rid of troublesome mons that got a chance to set up, cripple physical attackers, and outright OHKO a good chunk of the tier.

I'll just change my nom into this. Thank you MMS, I know nothing about RSE NU<3

Status
Not open for further replies.