• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle Corporation

Status
Not open for further replies.

D-BRAY

The Heracross Myth.
Name: Mean Mr. Snorlax
PO/PS Name: [TBC]Mean Mr Snorlax
Reason For Joining: It's EK's clan :p
Referer: Eliteknight

I'm back from my hiatus :D

Because I'm here... Right?

Snorby

Snorby

AnakBaé

Name: D-BRAY
PO/PS Name: D-Bray or The Bray Nation
Reason For Joining: because I can, no other reason
Referer: none

TMP symbols: no one really cares and I forgot.
CCL Badges: I don't believe I'm in that one.
Former Member of: ES/CT/TBC/BR .... Having the names would be nice, I think I've been in TBC and CT, what's ES ???

TMP symbols: 0
CCL Badges: 0
Former Member of: CT/TBC

Welcome to da clan, Bray and Mr. Mime MMS :]

TMP symbols: 0
CCL Badges: 0
Former Member of: CT/TBC

TBCoas_zps3db9403d.gif

I was wondering where you were xD

Welcome my old friend to the sexiest clan on serebii!

Spreadsheet has been updated

Last edited:

ScizorFTW

Skyfall
Name: ScizorFTW
PO/PS Name: Lucafarian
Reason For Joining: Following some of my friends.
Referer: -

TMP symbols: 1
CCL Badges: -
Former Member of: -

I'm not going to be active for 4 weeks because of my exams (EK knows) but I couldn't resist the urge to join.

Last edited:

Godzilla!

King of the Monsters

I'm not going to be active for 4 weeks because of my exams (EK knows) but I couldn't resist the urge to join. :)

Welcome to TBC, Scizor! Glad you decided to join. Also, I think you mean INACTIVE as your earlier statement is kinda confusing.

Last edited:

Sparkbeat

FLASH! AAAHHHAAA!
Databannertemplate_zps68a2c6fd-1.png

Welcome to the 2nd TBC CCAT! Our goal will be to create the best team possible using ideas contributed by the clan. Here's how each selection will go down:

Post this when nominating a Pokemon:
Pokemon:
Set:
Reasoning:

To vote, just say what you're voting for and give a brief explanation of why you're voting for it.

So, with the forms out of the way, let's begin with the 1st selection for the team. We want to choose a Pokemon that can preform well in this metagame, whether its achieving easy sweeps, or countering common threats. After the voting for this round, there will be a second vote for the playstyle of the team, since this will be determined by the Pokemon we select. And with that, let the voting begin!

Deadline for the 1st selection is Friday at 6PM GMT -5

Last edited:

I'm not going to be active for 4 weeks because of my exams (EK knows) but I couldn't resist the urge to join. :)

OMG SCIZ :D Intern :D

Pokemon:Haxorus
Set: Dragon dance
Haxorus@Lum berry
Mold Breaker
Adamant
252att/252spe/4hp
Dragon Dance
Outrage
Earthquake/Aquatail
Superpower/Aquatail
Reasoning:
Having used this set on one of my more successful but now obsolete teams i know for a fact it is a powerful and is capable of setting up effectilvy.
DD and outrage dont need explaination
Earthquake with mold breaker allows you to take down rotoms, Aquatail is only viable in rain to assist vs gliscor and lando. Superpower is a coverage move which works very effectivly

Last edited:

Snorby

Snorby

SCIZ! Welcome! :D :D

Cya in 4 weeks XD

Pokemon: Politoed
Set:
Politoed@Choice Scarf/Choice Specs
Drizzle
Modest/Timid nature
4 hp/252 Spa/252 Spd
-Surf/Scald
-Ice Beam
-Psychic/Hydro Pump
-Focus Blast

Reasoning: Choicetoed sets up rain, and can be surprisingly fast/powerful with the right choice item attached. Surf or Scald for Reliable STAB, Ice Beam and Focus Blast for good coverage. Psychic hits Tentacruel and Fighting types hard, while Hydro Pump allows for a powerful STAB.

Last edited:

Godzilla!

King of the Monsters
Pokemon:
Garchomp :]

445.gif

Set:
Substitute + Swords Dance

@ Leftovers / Salac Berry
Trait: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature (+Spd, -SAtk)
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Reasoning:

Garchomp is the fastest dragon in OU behind the Lati twins and with this set could easily win late games or even early sweeps. Both Lefties and Salac Berry are good items for this set. Lefties allows Garchomp to gain health back after a Substitute or Stealth Rocks while Salac Berry gives it that extra speed boost to obliterate teams without mercy.

The moveset is kinda self-explanatory but I'll explain it anyway. Substitute can be used to avoid status and gives him alot setup opportunity. Swords Dance is pretty obvious, we need that power boost to run over teams. Outrage and Earthquake are pretty much Garchomp's best moves. Outrage murders everything and Earthquake pretty much helps Outrage in everything it can't kill, like Jirachi.

I don't think I have to explain the EVs and Nature. If I do I will do so asap.​

Last edited:

Nitocrys

Because I'm Happy.
Mew.png

Now i was going to say magikarp, but then i remembered it's banned in ou, so then i tried caterpie, but it was banned too, so i went with number 3, mew.

Mewmew POWAH

252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Normal Gem
Jolly

Stealth Rocks
Explosion
Taunt/Will-o-wisp
Earthquake/Zen headbutt/Fire Punch/Ice Punch/anything

Mew is often over looked for more common pokemon, such as celebi or ttar, or even thundurus-t, yet it can do more than all of them with the right set, and do great against most of the pokemon in the metagame.

The set i chose is mainly 1 purpose only: Set up rocks, mess with the opponent, and then blow some major poke of their's up.
Stealth Rocks is there for hazards, taunt/will-o-wisp can be used to shut down sweepers/setters, And Explosion with normal gem just is boss. The last move is there for what kind of poke you need to counter, may it be a scizor, keldeo/terra, or just stuff in general.

Last edited:

AnakBaé

Pokemon:
Garchomp :]

445.gif

Set:
Substitute + Swords Dance

@ Leftovers / Salac Berry
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Reasoning:

Garchomp is the fastest dragon in OU behind the Lati twins and with this set could easily win late games or even early sweeps. Both Lefties and Salac Berry are good items for this set. Lefties allows Garchomp to gain health back after a Substitute or Stealth Rocks while Salac Berry gives it that extra speed boost to obliterate teams without mercy.

The moveset is kinda self-explanatory but I'll explain it anyway. Substitute can be used to avoid status and gives him alot setup opportunity. Swords Dance is pretty obvious, we need that power boost to run over teams. Outrage and Earthquake are pretty much Garchomp's best moves. Outrage murders everything and Earthquake pretty much helps Outrage in everything it can't kill, like Jirachi.

I don't think I have to explain the EVs and Nature. If I do I will do so asap.​

Seconding this^
Garchomp
garchomp.png

Set: Substitute + Swords Dance

Garchomp @ Salac Berry
- Substitute
- Swords Dance
- Outrage / Dragon Claw
- Earthquake

Reasoning: Listed​

El Rey

Can't touch this
Name: El Rey
PO/PS Name: El Rey
Reason For Joining: I could battle and stuff
Referer: EliteKnight

I'm pretty busy with school, but I'll still make an effort to be active.

welcome El Ray :D. Due to your former CT rank you will be an intern :)

Godzilla!

King of the Monsters

Man, so many members... I don't know how many greetings I have left. Anyways, Welcome to TBC, El Rey!

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Pokemon: Bouffalant
Set:
Bouffant @ Choice Band
Adamant
Sap Sipper/Reckless
252 Hp/252 Atk/4 Spe
-Head Charge (Afro Charge? its signature move)
-Earthquake
-SuperPower/Payback
-Wild Charge/Payback

Choice Band Bouffalant ks a very, very rare sight, people don't know what it's capable of. Example: Volcarona sets up a Quiver Dance, Bouffalant enters the field that turn, survives the Bug Buzz and OHKO's with its signature move (Head Charge). Explanation for other moves: Earthquake is just a powerful and good move, nailing Steel/Psy types, such as Jirachi. SuperPower hits other Normal types, breaks Ice types like Kyurem on the switch in, Wild Charge handles bulky Water and Flying types. Payback is slashed for the obvious Ghost switching in. Abilities: Sap Sipper is preferred (by me) for increasing the amount if switch-ins. It also absorbs Spores and other annoying Grass moves, OHKO'ing the opponent with an incredible Atk stat (iirc somewhere in 850). Reckless though is not dependant on stupid opponents and gives a constant boost to both Head Charge and Wild Charge.

Reasoning: Bouffalant is awesome. Also, using this set ensures there'll be something frwsh on the team, not again an overstandard OU team. Original, powerful and a great afro!

Naoto Shirogane

The Detective Prince
Jirachi

~ Iron Head
~ fire punch/ ice punch
~ U-turn
~ Trick / Healing Wish

This set is particularly good at revenge killing Dragon-types. Jirachi is much bulkier than the average Choice Scarf user and has numerous resistances, which allows it to switch into a number of attacks. This set's biggest flaw is its lack of power; base 100 Attack simply doesn't always cut it, so Jirachi is easily walled and set up on. Regardless of its lack of power, Jirachi is still an amazing Choice Scarf user. Iron Head's high flinch rate allows Jirachi to hax its way past numerous opponents, and it is very useful for picking off weakened foes. The first coverage move of choice is Ice Punch because it hits Celebi, Gliscor, Dragonite, and many others for super effective damage. The third slot is a choice between two options; U-turn allows Jirachi to scout to obtain better match-ups and Fire Punch hits Ferrothorn for good damage. The other choice on this set is which non-attacking move to use. Trick can cripple walls, most notably Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Chansey, Blissey, and bulky Water-types (such as Jellicent and Slowbro), and can mess up slower sweepers, such as offensive Trick Room Reuniclus. Crippling these Pokemon makes it easy for a teammate to set up. On the other hand,

main reason: it is one of the best under rated sets in OU and if you have other good pokes this poke can destroy pretty much anything in ou

SkyDriver

Hiding in the grass
Jirachi

~ Iron Head
~ fire punch/ ice punch
~ U-turn

~ Trick / Healing Wish

This set is particularly good at revenge killing Dragon-types. Jirachi is much bulkier than the average Choice Scarf user and has numerous resistances, which allows it to switch into a number of attacks. This set's biggest flaw is its lack of power; base 100 Attack simply doesn't always cut it, so Jirachi is easily walled and set up on. Regardless of its lack of power, Jirachi is still an amazing Choice Scarf user. Iron Head's high flinch rate allows Jirachi to hax its way past numerous opponents, and it is very useful for picking off weakened foes. The first coverage move of choice is Ice Punch because it hits Celebi, Gliscor, Dragonite, and many others for super effective damage. The third slot is a choice between two options; U-turn allows Jirachi to scout to obtain better match-ups and Fire Punch hits Ferrothorn for good damage. The other choice on this set is which non-attacking move to use. Trick can cripple walls, most notably Ferrothorn, Skarmory, Chansey, Blissey, and bulky Water-types (such as Jellicent and Slowbro), and can mess up slower sweepers, such as offensive Trick Room Reuniclus. Crippling these Pokemon makes it easy for a teammate to set up. On the other hand,

main reason: it is one of the best under rated sets in OU and if you have other good pokes this poke can destroy pretty much anything in ou

In the set the item misses... and your description is kinda contradicting your set xD

Status
Not open for further replies.