• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle Finale of Legend! (620)

Yeti

Banned
I was completely captivated by the impact Cyrus's departure left on Mars. Her scream was merely a grimy window to her heart, which had shattered into a million pieces. You can see the sheer emotional state, or lack thereof, that she is in, when all three of them are in the van. She makes absolutely zero acknowledgement as to whether she knows where she is, what is happening, or even that Saturn and Jupiter are there. They mention Cyrus in the van and she does not react at all. This is basically the final nail in the coffin for Betelgeuseshipping, quite literally. Mars was just.. a lifeless shell in that van. It was actually really depressing to see.

I am just in sheer disbelief at this episode, really. Poor Mars...
I agree completely. I was left in horror the rest of the day at how completely disturbing the conclusion of the episode was. To think this is a kid's show. What makes the entire thing even worse is that next episode is the return of Pokemon's best dominatrix.. I wonder how many muffled screams of pleasure/horror we'll get this time around from behind closed doors 8|

To see Mars, the most spunky and life-filled commander in every portrayal of the team, completely shut down and nonresponsive to her teammates is utterly disturbing.
To drop from cheerfully threatening to blow up an entire island to lifelessly staring at hands that used to stroke Big Boss Cyrus is such a shocking and stark difference. She has obviously been devastated by the loss of Cyrus.
Saturn had no right to stop her from charging after him; it's a much worse fate for her to live without her beloved than to die with him, even if it's only in her mind.

So many factors are at play in the mental death of Mars.. the fact Cyrus would walk away and commit what is more than likely suicide without even looking back at her, the fact he's gone and she has no way of finding him again probably, the fact she more than likely was deprived of a proper father in childhood and relied on her lover to fill the role of an older, caring male, the fact she was so close to going after him but was stopped. The moment Saturn touched her she stopped moving entirely and is never shown to move on her own again in the episode.
While Saturn and Jupiter are thinking clearly and able to converse Mars shows no sign she acknowledges anyone or anything exists anymore.

The sad fate of Mars is she will drift off into her own dreamworld, not eating, not drinking, not even sleeping: just dazing off longingly where a man should be until she finally closes her eyes one day and never opens them again.
What a terrible ending... not only is Cyrus more than likely gone/dead but Mars will be as well. The only saving grace for her memory is Saturn and Jupiter, living on. Pluto obviously cares little for the other commanders (the feeling seems to be mutual). I anticipate the two mentally-there commanders will be breaking out of jail but I don't think Mars will have the willpower or focus to follow them - all she is now is a shell.

At least the Magma/Aqua finale didn't leave anyone to rot to their death. Horrible ending tbth.
And what the heck was Gary doing there? Why not Paul or Zoey or Barry? Completely unneeded, he just got his butt kicked. Isn't that why people hated Lance in the TM/TA finale, he had no business being there? Yeah neither did Gary.

I just don't feel this was as good as it could have been.. by any means.
Locking up a trio of master villains whose leader SUCCEEDED in making his new universe? Um, they could probably escape from the van before it gets down the mountain lol. I would not feel safe knowing they are still out there, intentions unknown but probably still as ill-intented as before (except Mars, who now has no intentions except joining her dear Cyrus in the unknown realms beyond our own).
Saturn/Jupiter = Neo Team Galactic in gen 5 obv. 8|
Pluto will conclude his role in the series this gen before suffering heart failure during a particularly intense 'session' with Rotom in his jail cell, when he is eventually arrested. Mars will have wasted away leaving us with only Saturn and Jupiter to carry on.

Tragic, really.

TicoPokemonMaster

At least the Magma/Aqua finale didn't leave anyone to rot to their death. Horrible ending tbth.
And what the heck was Gary doing there? Why not Paul or Zoey or Barry? Completely unneeded, he just got his butt kicked. Isn't that why people hated Lance in the TM/TA finale, he had no business being there? Yeah neither did Gary.

What good is it to have Paul or Zoey there? Having Barry would only be a game reference. I will agree with you on the fact that Lance had no business being there, but Gary does. In the Gligar evo episode, Gary said he was going to Lake Valor to study Azelf. I am atleast satisifed that he wasn't out of place. Neither was Cynthia, who was having doubts on Cyrus in his first apperance.

Like someone here said, I liked that the arc was more focused on the pixies than on the dragons. We had the three dragons and the trio leader in movies so I am satisfied with the dragons appearances.

At first I was bumed out by Cyrus getting away with what he wanted, but I am on the side of those who say that by Dialga and Palkia destroying the dimesion that Cyrus is dead.

I liked all three parts, every single one had something enjoyable to it but nothing tops the fate of Hunter J. Chills ran down my spine as I watched in amazment of Future Sight hitting the ship, the ship's windows braking under water and the explosion at the end. I couldn't have imagined that ShoPro would have pulled that out.

the next gen villian arc better bring something more exciting because this tops the last villian arc. I think that with an extra episode the events could have been strecthed out more. but great finale over all.

RickHoenn

Banned
1 word : AMAZING!

J RIP :(
Mars RIP :(
Cyrus RIP :(

Jupiter & Saturn die plz!

Charon plz return! XD

I can't believe what i'm going to say but...

Team Galactic >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Team Magma/Aqua

The three episodes were Great! :D

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Mars isn't even *thought* to be dead. She's just in shock/grieving.

I think, on the inside, she's as good as. She was visibly emotionally distraught. A shell of her former self. What was happening all became very real to her immediately, and she knew what was happening. It all set in as it happened; she just can't handle it. I think it's a very sad ending.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
We see her for about ten seconds maybe an hour later. I don't think that's enough of a time to make a judgement about a character's full recovery.

Frankly I'm rather surprised it wasn't Saturn to have the strongest reaction, given that he always seemed the most eager and obsessive in animeverse.

Well, it's difficult to say, considering that is likely the last airtime she will ever receive. I just thought the way she acted, or rather, DIDN'T, in the van was a very good indicative of it. The way I feel about BetelgeuseShipping fuels that.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Still, "traumatized" and "lost the will to live" are two very different things.

Yeti

Banned
I agree fully with Katya, Mars is as good as gone. She has consistently been shown as the only commander to want to chase after Cyrus when he vanishes to another dimension - the fact that she was unable to the anime signals her demise.

There is no reason why Saturn would have a stronger reaction than Mars - Cyrus has favored Mars in the anime and she's always adored him more than Saturn and Jupiter and Pluto combined. He meant the world to her, he was her 'new universe' and now with him gone from her physical life she has no reason to carry on.
Obviously she is going to will herself into a coma and one day just never wake up - her milf Athena and pops Apollo will have to give the order to pull the plug one day knowing their poor daughter will be happier in the afterlife with Cyrus than she ever could be lying forever unconscious on a hospital bed.
Or she'll terminate her life herself in jail and Saturn and Jupiter will wake up one morning to find only a cold corpse in place of the shell of the once-great, cheerful commander.

She is both traumatized and lacking the will to live - watching the one person she ever truly loved leave her for some gaping, collapsing vortex without even looking back at her has destroyed her. There is no consciousness of Mars left - only her now-ailing body with a mind trapped making love to memories of her and Cyrus' scandalous nights.
Not only would she not want to recover but she would have no reason to - unless she'd be able to get Dialga and Palkia to reopen the new universe and let her pass through, she would have no chance of ever being with her lover again.

RIP Mars and Cyrus, you will die together as universe-crossed lovers :'(

Saturn and Jupiter will live on forever.. they will never die.

Very tragic ending, really. Very tragic. The only good thing is Saturn and Jupiter are getting sent off to jail together and will have each other while they mourn the loss of Mars as they watch her slip away, knowing it's for the best.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
"Consistantly"? It happened in Platinum. Not even full gameverse, but one game. In DPA she had a nervous breakdown when he revealed his goal, and it was Jupiter that was the one to console him and [spoil]risk her life to find him later on.[/spoil]

And then of course you have DP-verse where he leaves with *both* of them, leaving Saturn to have a crisis of faith back in Veilstone.

Yeti

Banned
Ok coolbeans for that good thing this is the anime where Mars is the one who's on Cyrus' nuts the most and not DPA! which is really OOC 8\8/8|
Regardless she is the only one with undying love for Cyrus, Saturn and Jupiter don't really care about anything except hating Pluto and talking to each other instead of comforting an emotionally-unstable, suicidal woman.

The fact she was going to end her life to follow Cyrus before stupid homo Saturn stopped her since he knows an hero is bad is evidence she isn't lasting very long post-episode.

Poor Mars, what did she ever do to deserve her sugardaddy/boss/future-husband-if-the-anime-writers-didn't-screw-up-villains-every-time-except-movie-6/father of her 10+ children if-only/boyfriend/lover/big poppa leaving her D:
Cyrus was so caught up in his new universe he forgot all about the one person who made his life great 8'(

Jupiter doesn't give two ****s about Cyrus she just hates Pluto more than anyone and wants to be alone with her sweetiepoohoneybearsugarplumbabycakesloverboy Saturn ^o^!!!!!

KUNCHAN ROVE RONG TIME FOLEVEL!!!!!!!!!! TULUE ROVE NEVEL DIE NO MATTEL WAT GET IN WAY OF HAPPICHANKUNSAMA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

turtle twig

This has probably been asked before.

The scene where Cyrus disappears is so cryptic. Can anyone translate some of the Japanese dialog?

Particularly Cyrus' dialog. He looked like he was so mesmerized by the view of his perfect world.

darklord18

I like these episodes. Get battle and Storyline.

didn't see that coming, well we can expect Pluto to somehow get them out of Jail (same thing happen wiht Butch and Cassidy when Team rocket boss got them out of Jail the first time if I remember correctly) and make them work for him as payback.

I like their ending, though I like how they handle it when I first thought of the ending I was thinking a team M/A one in Hoen but this was great.

but am I the only one that find it strange that Ash and co didn't get affect by the lake trio ability, one you can't touch, one you must not hurt and one you must not look into it open eyes.

though I disappoint that Cyintha didn't do much but hey her time was great.

and the only reason I think Saturn stop Mars is that maybe he know that what Cyrus Was doing was wrong, like in the games he learn that Cyrus was wrong and didn't Cyrus yell at them before to stay back or something?

overall I give it 9.5 out of 10.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
lol after watching the episodes again i just now realised something ironic, when the two orbs were being used, beams of GOLD and SILVER shot into the portals to drag Dialga and Palkia out.

How ironic.

Still think Croagunk smashing Toxicroak's head in was funny as heck.

dougtrio

No people hated him being there because they felt it wasn't "gasp" accurate with the games (does everything have to be accurate with the games? Is the show going to implode if the writers do something thats outside the box?:rolleyes:). As far as Lance supposedly having no business there. He's a Pokemon G-man, isn't that enough of a reason for him to be there? To do his job? Personally I thought Lance's involvement was one of the better things about the aqua/magma arc. But that's just me.

RickHoenn

Banned

I think she will commit suicide :(

but i'm more sad with the J stuff, she didn't deserved :( uxie, mesprit & azelf are so evil.

RickHoenn

Banned

I think she will commit suicide :(

but i'm more sad with the J stuff, she didn't deserved :( uxie, mesprit & azelf are so evil.

dougtrio

I wouldn't have minded a glimpse at what Cyrus' perfect universe would've been like.

Maybe there was something in his conversation with Ash & Co. that would've given us a glimpse of what kind of world he wanted. Does anybody here understand japanese?

magicallypuzzled

well i enjoyed this quite a bit but really is this even a kinds show anymore promoting and suicide? that was a real shocke i got say. all and all i prefer the hoen speacal say what you like about it i for one thought that arch was very very good.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
There's no "promotion" going on. What are you talking about?