• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle Finale of Legend! (620)

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Wait are you guys just overexgratting or does Mars (Who I don't think I have actually seen yet when is her anime debut?) really look like what you said.

I saw a preview of this episode and it looks epic, damn Australia they want to fastforward alot of shows why can't Pokemon be one of them! We only just finished S11. There are so many episodes I want to see, the Candice episodes (To see exactly how she's a lesbian or made out to be) and these D/P episodes and quite a few more. The fact we might not see this until sometime at the end of next year annoys me or aleast until June or July.

Anyways if this isn't overexgratted then it sounds quite interesting, and people say Pokemon are for children despite there are a few episodes like this one (J and Cyrus possible deaths? Mars going into traumazation etc) that makes it good.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Mars in the ending. It's anguish, but they're still exaggerating. Saturn and Jupiter are also in distress.

NES

Flip me to the side!
I enjoyed this arc, we had Gary (although he forgot how to battle), Hunter J, a lot of this gen trio and of course Team Galactic.

I just wonder if J... died, i hope not because she's a good character to have around. And Pluto ran away it seems? Then wonder if he will be in Stark Mountain like in the game.

Nice Preview of what's next!

Saturn and Jupiter are in anguish. Mars is far past that.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
There she just looks sorrowful.

I want to know where this came from all of a sudden, considering Saturn spent the entire series being Cyrus's personal fanboy.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
Mars, clearly the youngest of the Commanders, is bound to react differently to the others. The fact she screamed at Cyrus' possible demise doesn't mean she's in love and it doesn't mean she's going to commit suicide (seriously, how do you guys even think this crap up?). She's just distraught and cannot handle her emotions as well as the others.

csisps_26

Roark <3
I enjoyed this episode. I do hope we get to see more of Looker in the near future. He needs more screen time, imo. Like mentioned by some, I also hope we get to see some more Charon.

The part with Jupiter and Cynthia was... rather plain. I expected slightly more. Toxicroak got defeated with just one hit? It couldn't be that weak, right? However, it was nice to see Gliscor and Staraptor getting some screen time, even if they barely did anything. I love Rie Tanaka (Mars's VA) for screaming~

To add to the points above, Iwane being the AD for this episode = win.

Haha, you guys are exaggerating insanely about Mars and her 'loss of love!'
I've watched the episode now, and that scream Mars made it very safe to say that she still feels very close and loves her boss (well .she's obviously the youngest, and most emotional.)
But to be fair, Saturn and Jupiter also care about Cyrus. Jupiter had some wacked out scene when she was tied up with the other grunts and said that she didn't care if they all died and yada.
And Saturn still looked pretty upset, especially in the van. His head was down, until Jupiter spoke about Cyrus, and he looked, said something, and looked up to the sky very sad looking.

It's obvious they're all going to be a bit shaken from this.
Mars will get over it. :p She's a tough red head, mwhaaa. Just a bit emotional.

Cobalt_Latios

Pretty much agreed.

Look, don't get me wrong. This kicked the living pazookie out of Kyogre/Groudon.
Yes, very much so. This helped things.

But it wasn't perfect. I went in believing that Galactic needed a couple additional episodes to flesh things out, and came out believing the same. Dialga & Palkia actually appeared for a ridiculously short time.
Kyogre and Groudon got more than they did... though the pixies were sort of the focus of this anyways. Still...

We didn't get too much out of Cynthia, and her encounter with Jupiter didn't extend beyond what we already got in the preview.
That sucked quite a bit. It was as if she was there simply to bail out Ash and co. and have someone keep an eye on them.

I would have enjoyed seeing more of the gang's Pokemon participate in the apocalypse other than each character's "main" Pokemon.
This is my single gripe against this, and the movies.

Now the good? Great animation. Great music. Nice involvement of the pixies. Brock being useful. Mars' scream. (Can Lisa Ortiz actually pull off something like that for the dub? Don't answer, we know the answer is NO.)
I dunno, Sean Schemmel proved he can pull off a successful Cyrus. We'll see.

Cyrus' suicidal leap into the Twilight Realm.
Oh, how true that is.

And a satisfactory send-off for the commanders (sans Pluto, and I also wonder whether we'll see Handsome again). Overall an enjoyable three-parter and a decent conslusion to Galactic.
Yeah, compared to what we got from TA/M this was much better handled. A bit different from the game, but oh well.

The fact that Giratina wasn't there was annoying as well.
I was more irritated with why Spear Pillar was inside a cave. WTF?? I thought it was an outside locale.

Neither was Cynthia, who was having doubts on Cyrus in his first apperance.
I knew she was a bit suspicious. Glad to see she's willing to test it out.

Like someone here said, I liked that the arc was more focused on the pixies than on the dragons. We had the three dragons and the trio leader in movies so I am satisfied with the dragons appearances.
It was practically a cameo appearance more than anything.

I liked all three parts, every single one had something enjoyable to it but nothing tops the fate of Hunter J. Chills ran down my spine as I watched in amazment of Future Sight hitting the ship, the ship's windows braking under water and the explosion at the end. I couldn't have imagined that ShoPro would have pulled that out.
We'll have to see what happens later to know if she really did perish.

Frankly I'm rather surprised it wasn't Saturn to have the strongest reaction, given that he always seemed the most eager and obsessive in animeverse.
He failed a few times, I would have thought he was treading on thin ice.

lol after watching the episodes again i just now realised something ironic, when the two orbs were being used, beams of GOLD and SILVER shot into the portals to drag Dialga and Palkia out.

How ironic.
Hahaha, oh god, yes, how true. I wonder what the writers were implying with this?

Still think Croagunk smashing Toxicroak's head in was funny as heck.
Well, that settles the rivalry. And about time!

And this is the first time that I've ever loved Team Rocket's role in this. They were teamed up with Looker, simply because they wanted to get back at Galactic. It's like they have a minute comraderie with the guy. I also knew they're disguise wouldn't work, simply because it didn't fool Jupiter for an instant (how's that saying go again?).

Yep, Team Galactic are done and out, but at least they were better developed than Team A/M were. Even then, they did fall short, but managed to pick up after themselves and still provide a decent trio of episodes.

Oh, and we're not done with epic episodes; we still have those multiple event episodes to look forward to.

<C_L>

Akagi

i have a wacked sis
It is a very cool ending. I love how Cyrus just floats into the world. It looks so funny. I don't know how to explain it.
My sister loves that part too she made me watch it like 10,000 times.
Then Mars tries to go after him and Saturn stops her and is like no he's gone. Her mouth get's so big when she screams.
Then when they're all in the van or something Mars is all depressed and Saturn and jupiter seem like they're talking about Cyrus.
I loved the episode!!!!!!!

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
I'm amazed they crammed so much into these final episodes.

I would have liked to see Ash/Dawn/Brock/Cynthia battle Saturn/Mars/Jupiter a bit more, but ah well.

A fitting end to Galactic, Hunter J is apparently dead, Cyrus is sealed off in another world, and the three Galactic members are arrested.

Only Charon remains...most likely he and Looker will get a final appearance at Stark Mountain with Heatran.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Judging by the episode pics, this episode is disappointing. Not really a 'final battle' happening here. Also, J is 'dead' and Jupiter did nothing, again. I don't know, I have to see the english before I say it's bad.

The writers missed something crucial though. Ash, Brock and Dawn touched the 3 pixies. That should mean Ash will lose all willpower, Brock will lose his memories, and Dawn will get drained of emotions.

darklord18

/\ your wrong on one thing.

One you can not tounch
one you can not hurt
one you must not look into it eyes.

and maybe becuase they link to the lake trio they weren't affected?

Only Charon remains...most likely he and Looker will get a final appearance at Stark Mountain with Heatran.

unless Charon break the other out of Jail then we might see the other one more time.

Shneak

/\ your wrong on one thing.

One you can not tounch
one you can not hurt
one you must not look into it eyes.

and maybe becuase they link to the lake trio they weren't affected?

unless Charon break the other out of Jail then we might see the other one more time.
Right, you need to look at Uxie. But still, you get my point.

That's probably the explanation, because they were connected somehow.

Cobalt_Latios

They do this, and I'll have forgiven the writers for omitting Giratina.

Judging by the episode pics, this episode is disappointing. Not really a 'final battle' happening here. Also, J is 'dead' and Jupiter did nothing, again. I don't know, I have to see the english before I say it's bad.
Once again, people can take the meaning of "Final Battle" to the obvious conclusion, but I'd like to point out it was more of a confrontation than battle. Still, battling to save the pixies (and for that matter, Sinnoh) was still pretty good.

The writers missed something crucial though. Ash, Brock and Dawn touched the 3 pixies. That should mean Ash will lose all willpower, Brock will lose his memories, and Dawn will get drained of emotions.
Honestly, I think the pixies have "chosen" Ash, Dawn, and Brock to the point where they're omitted from said "issues".

Another thing I just thought about about 5 minutes ago:

Isn't it strange how the writers decide to hype up the whole "Dialga/Palkia" through throughout the entire saga. Repeated mentions of them, various statues are seen of them, legends, the orbs.... all of this leading to this momentous event that we would have gotten here.

And then the pixies, of which there wasn't much done with them prior, Dawn saw Mesprit, Ash saw Azelf, they find out more about the trio in Celestic, and then Brock see's Uxie. All of a sudden, the lake guardians end up taking more importance than Dialga/Palkia.

Suffice to say, they spent all this time hyping D/P (hahaha), when in the end, they appear, are controlled, used to create Cyrus's "new universe", are freed, destroy said universe, and leave... all within the span of about 5 minutes; and they occupy about a third of that in screen time. Ouch. Then the pixies get most of the attention despite only serving as cameos in some of the episodes (oh wait... weren't there status in Eterna city of them too? ).

Also, the Galactic Bomb was shown in the previous episode used by J. I hate to say it, but I feel like the writers threw that in there because it would be strange to have similar events to the game occur. I shouldn't be completely surprised, but, I did think they would do a somewhat better job integrating game elements into the show.

Not bad, but in retrospect, could have been better. I'll have to watch it in English to grasp it better.

<C_L>

Shneak

They Also, the Galactic Bomb was shown in the previous episode used by J. I hate to say it, but I feel like the writers threw that in there because it would be strange to have similar events to the game occur. I shouldn't be completely surprised, but, I did think they would do a somewhat better job integrating game elements into the show.
I noticed this too, it wasn't much like the game. Cyrus never built his world in DP (which is the road their taking). Meh, the Magma/Aqua finale wasn't the same though.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Suffice to say, they spent all this time hyping D/P (hahaha), when in the end, they appear, are controlled, used to create Cyrus's "new universe", are freed, destroy said universe, and leave... all within the span of about 5 minutes; and they occupy about a third of that in screen time. Ouch. Then the pixies get most of the attention despite only serving as cameos in some of the episodes (oh wait... weren't there status in Eterna city of them too? ).

We saw enough of Dialga/Palkia in the movies. The writers expect you to watch the movies alongside the anime, we saw plenty of them there.

The pixies never got a movie, so they got the most screentime. Honestly, what were people expecting Dialga/Palkia to do?

If you want to see them fighting, go watch Movie 10 or Movie 12. We didn't need to see a rehash of that in the anime.

So basically, like some folks mentioned, Cyrus just walks into the vast open universe and commits suicide? And people thought Pokemon got way to childish. I feel bad for Mars and Saturn, feeling dismayed for the loss of their commander. Jupiter looks as if she didn't care at all. Did anyone else feel this episode (and the previous) seem a bit rushed? Honestly, they were jumping to unexpected places! Unless the pixies were teleporting Ash, Dawn and Brock.

Oh, one thing I forgot to mention; was anyone fascinated about the visuals?! Oh wow, it really made the episode kick butt. Charon sort of creeps me out though.

Yeti

Banned
There's no "promotion" going on. What are you talking about?
Um what are YOU talking about? The entire end of the episode was suicide.. Cyrus walks off into a spinning vortex of twisting galaxies and vanishes, leading Mars to attempt suicide on the spot. Saturn prevents her from becoming an hero and she is obviously suffering depression at the end.
J and her crew are stuck in a sinking ship being flooded with water and even if J escapes she will leave the rest of her cronies to drown - murdering them essentially.

Kit Kat said:
Haha, you guys are exaggerating insanely about Mars and her 'loss of love!'
Are you honestly still trying to hold Conjunctionshipping's head up high? This episode sent a nuke straight through it - Mars would rather jump blindly into a collapsing portal than be without Cyrus. She more than likely will hate Saturn for preventing her from being with him.
Just stop... We aren't taking anything for more or less than it is - this episode is the end of Cyrus and Mars' lives and yet the canonization of their ship in the anime (one sided at least). As it was pretty much canon in Platinum as well.
There is nothing we have overstated here.. Mars is slipping into a depression and already attempted suicide by following Cyrus - without him she'll finish the act.

Um Saturn and Jupiter just sort of shrugged at Cyrus' demise (what they were discussing at the episode's conclusion) and disregarded it.. they aren't suffering from an inability to move or speak or even recognize when his name is said. Mars is completely shut off while they're still functioning and engaged with each other.

I agree Mars will get over it.. by killing herself lol. If anyone thinks Cyrus suicided by going into the portal than they have to think Mars attempted it as well since she tried to run after him.
The fact she just does not respond to any outside stimulation proves she's gone, unless Cyrus magically returns before she passes on.

Blackjack Gabbiani said:
It's anguish, but they're still exaggerating. Saturn and Jupiter are also in distress.
Barely.. Jupiter doesn't really care and Saturn is apathetic. He knows Cyrus could have done so much more than just walking into a shrinking vortex.
We are doing nothing of the sort.. you seem fond of other canon so let's examine: Special Mars has a pain fetish and memory loss. DPA! she suffers a nervous breakdown (not the first time I'd assume). She's mentally unstable. She's not going to act rationally she is going to end her life rather than live without her big poppa bossman scandalous-evenings lover Cyrus.

Poor Mars :(

Last edited: