• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle Finale of Legend! (620)

TicoPokemonMaster

There is something interesting that I have noticed. In the end we see Saturn,Mars, and Jupiter in the police van(not in hand coffs,but thats not my point). but what happened to the Galactic Grunts that were tied up with Jupiter, and the ones team Rocket and looker tied up before. They couldn't have just escaped, maybe their in the police car, you might say. but there were two police cars and more grunts than can fit in the car(and I know that there are cartoons that have more people fit into small car But..)Plus how could have Charon and the other grunt in the ruins have escaped yet the three commander were caught.

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
Continued from last episode's comments!

-I like that Mars and Jupiter actually attack the trainers instead of JUST the Pokemon. Kind of hard for people to fight back when you break them in half with an Iron Tail.
-I also like that Brock recalls Croagunk after it(and Pikachu and Piplup) get hit hard with Mud Bomb, but Piplup gets to stay out of its ball.
-Cyrus' powerglove means that the pixies are under his control! OH NO!
-Oh god I just realized that this means that ALL of the dragon stuff will be stuffed into one episode. ARGH. WHY CAN'T THE WRTIERS PACE THINGS?
-AshnCo have been thrown into...a depressingly blank room.
-Jessie's TG disguise has one fatal flaw:Her earrings are CLEARLY not allowed in the TG uniform.
-And Jupiter IMMEDIATELY has Skuntank flamethrower TR+Handsome. Jessie really should have taken those earrings off. On the bright side, that made their hair afro-ize.
-This seems familiar-oh wait, that's because we've only seen it in EVERY PREVIEW OF THE TG FINALE.
-And Cynthia proves that she's thousands of times more competent than everyone except Cyrus by beating Jupiter and getting AshnCo out of their jail cell in 30 seconds.
-GINGA-DAN GETTO DAZE! is now my favorite quote from this episode.
-Shouldn't you guys be following Cyrus instead of yelling at a few captured grunts & Jupiter?
-Oh, there they go.
-I have to admit, with the gratituous CGI+the epic score, they really tried SO HARD to make this arc a movie. But they failed, because the actual dramatic action is going to be stuffed into a mere ten minutes. TEN MINUTES OF DIALGA AND PALKIA.
-Oh, Ash. It's so cute that you think Cyrus will stop his plan to make a new universe, one that he's invested months of effort, time, money, and human lives in, just because you yelled "CYRUS! STOP!".
-And the pixies are saved. 9 minutes of episode left for things to, you know, HAPPEN with DIALGA and PALKIA and all that.
-How foolish of everyone to think that freeing the pixies would stop Cyrus. They forgot about that little red crystal in his glove, after all...
-Dialga and Palkia are clearly suffering. Cyrus simply continues his death stare.
-How nice of Cynthia to warn AshnCo to get away from the blast zone of DIALGA AND PALKIA CREATING A NEW UNIVERSE BEFORE THEIR VERY EYES.
-Oh Jupiter, I bet you still think Cyrus will let you in the new universe, don't you?
-Unsurprisingly, the pixies are the only Pokemon around that can stand up to the GODS OF SPACE AND TIME.
-And the Spacetime Gods are DOWN, ladies and gentlemen!
-Cyrus lumbers, almost trancelike, towards(and eventually into) the vanishing new universe. For some strange reason, that kind of freaks out everyone else. Especially Mars.
-...wait, was that seriously it? LAME.
-OH WAIT DIALGA AND PALKIA ARE COMBINING THEIR POWERS AGAIN. SOMETHING MIGHT STILL HAPPEN!
-Yes, I get it EVERY MINOR CHARACTER WATCHING FROM AFAR. There is a LOT OF ENERGY happening here.
-Azelf bravely races into the darkness and blows something up. I'm guessing that's supposed to help somehow.
-Oh, it seemed to stop Dialga and Palkia from making things worse, at least for the moment.
-Uxie lets Brock try to REASON with them! This...is cooler than the alternative of the pixies just glowing and everything being nice again! But not as cool as if we'd gotten more of Cyrus & Dialga/Palkia VS the good guys.
-And I'm guessing Mesprit makes the dragons feel better by showering them with happy or something.
-All of the commanders have been arrested...except...Pluto(how did HE escape?). I think that bodes well for a future Heatran arc.

Overall, I like this arc, and it seemed well paced...until the writers went "oh GODDAMMIT, we have to have Cyrus actually summon Dialga and Palkia before these three eps are over, don't we? Uh, just jam it in the last ten minutes. Nobody will care." Unless they figured we all got enough of the dragons in the movies, and wanted to show off the pixies more? (hint for future episode writers:Nobody gives a shit about the pixies, but watching the spacetime gods do stuff is ALWAYS awesome) The brownie points for Cyrus getting his wish in a bizarre, terrifying, yet somehow just way and for the pixies making the dragons better with something more creative than "glowy healy deus ex machina" don't make up for that, sorry to say. But nooooo. "Three episodes is PLENTY of time for a finale," you all said, "it's as long as a movie," you said. Well screw you, this NEEDED a fourth episode.

Cobalt_Latios

We saw enough of Dialga/Palkia in the movies. The writers expect you to watch the movies alongside the anime, we saw plenty of them there.
Doesn't mean we can't still have them in decent "mobile glory".

The pixies never got a movie, so they got the most screentime. Honestly, what were people expecting Dialga/Palkia to do?
Well... for starters... maybe do some kickass distortions in time and space, creating a barrier that would maybe prevent AshandCo from getting to Cyrus... I dunno...

If you want to see them fighting, go watch Movie 10 or Movie 12. We didn't need to see a rehash of that in the anime.
Not quite what I wanted to see. See, if Cyrus has them in control, I'd expect more from that. If you had the gods of time and space at your fingertips (quite literally here too), I'd imagine you'd want to make the most of it.

-Oh god I just realized that this means that ALL of the dragon stuff will be stuffed into one episode. ARGH. WHY CAN'T THE WRTIERS PACE THINGS?
Oh wait, it gets better.

-Jessie's TG disguise has one fatal flaw:Her earrings are CLEARLY not allowed in the TG uniform.
-And Jupiter IMMEDIATELY has Skuntank flamethrower TR+Handsome. Jessie really should have taken those earrings off. On the bright side, that made their hair afro-ize.
I actually expected them to be caught: Team Galactic has had dealings with Team Rocket about... 3-4 times prior to this? I think they'd have caught on by now.

-And Cynthia proves that she's thousands of times more competent than everyone except Cyrus by beating Jupiter and getting AshnCo out of their jail cell in 30 seconds.
And that's all she really did... sad, for a Champion. Then again, Lance didn't really do anything different... yet, you're responsibility for being a Champion is taking care of a bunch of heroic young kids... dandy.

-I have to admit, with the gratituous CGI+the epic score, they really tried SO HARD to make this arc a movie. But they failed, because the actual dramatic action is going to be stuffed into a mere ten minutes. TEN MINUTES OF DIALGA AND PALKIA.
Spear Pillar. At the top of Mount Coronet.

INGAME: AT THE TOP OF MOUNT CORONET.
ANIME: INSIDE A FREAKIN' CAVE!

-And the pixies are saved. 9 minutes of episode left for things to, you know, HAPPEN with DIALGA and PALKIA and all that.
-How foolish of everyone to think that freeing the pixies would stop Cyrus. They forgot about that little red crystal in his glove, after all...
Methinks they were so wrapped up in saving the pixies they forgot all about D and P.

-How nice of Cynthia to warn AshnCo to get away from the blast zone of DIALGA AND PALKIA CREATING A NEW UNIVERSE BEFORE THEIR VERY EYES.
Observant they aren't.

-Unsurprisingly, the pixies are the only Pokemon around that can stand up to the GODS OF SPACE AND TIME.
That was kind of what Arceus intended, no?

-OH WAIT DIALGA AND PALKIA ARE COMBINING THEIR POWERS AGAIN. SOMETHING MIGHT STILL HAPPEN!
Time Roar and Spacial Rend in close proximity within the confines of a very strange cave... I mean, you can get away with this in a game. Not here.

-All of the commanders have been arrested...except...Pluto(how did HE escape?). I think that bodes well for a future Heatran arc.
That's makes 3 of us (me, this other poster, and you...). Me wants!!!

Overall, I like this arc, and it seemed well paced...until the writers went "oh GODDAMMIT, we have to have Cyrus actually summon Dialga and Palkia before these three eps are over, don't we? Uh, just jam it in the last ten minutes. Nobody will care." Unless they figured we all got enough of the dragons in the movies, and wanted to show off the pixies more? (hint for future episode writers:Nobody gives a shit about the pixies, but watching the spacetime gods do stuff is ALWAYS awesome) The brownie points for Cyrus getting his wish in a bizarre, terrifying, yet somehow just way and for the pixies making the dragons better with something more creative than "glowy healy deus ex machina" don't make up for that, sorry to say. But nooooo. "Three episodes is PLENTY of time for a finale," you all said, "it's as long as a movie," you said. Well screw you, this NEEDED a fourth episode.
*Bows in approval*

THIS pretty much sums up what I thought about this too.

In bold: My thoughts, exactly.

I think I'm done here as well, until the dub of course.

<C_L>

FunPika

Spear Pillar. At the top of Mount Coronet.

INGAME: AT THE TOP OF MOUNT CORONET.
ANIME: INSIDE A FREAKIN' CAVE!

I guess the anime writers realized that having Spear Pillar in PLAIN SIGHT at the top of a mountain would have been to easy for TG to find, especially considering that they have helicopters. ;)

Man I wish they had done the spear key/spear pillar not being ridiculously easy to find thing in the games...then we probably would have gotten a nice battle with a TG Commander in Solaceon Town and a more fleshed out TG appearance on Iron Island (anything better than a couple TG grunts running around getting wild Pokemon angry for no apparent reason).

Are you honestly still trying to hold Conjunctionshipping's head up high? This episode sent a nuke straight through it - Mars would rather jump blindly into a collapsing portal than be without Cyrus. She more than likely will hate Saturn for preventing her from being with him.
Just stop... We aren't taking anything for more or less than it is - this episode is the end of Cyrus and Mars' lives and yet the canonization of their ship in the anime (one sided at least). As it was pretty much canon in Platinum as well.
There is nothing we have overstated here.. Mars is slipping into a depression and already attempted suicide by following Cyrus - without him she'll finish the act.

Um Saturn and Jupiter just sort of shrugged at Cyrus' demise (what they were discussing at the episode's conclusion) and disregarded it.. they aren't suffering from an inability to move or speak or even recognize when his name is said. Mars is completely shut off while they're still functioning and engaged with each other.

I agree Mars will get over it.. by killing herself lol. If anyone thinks Cyrus suicided by going into the portal than they have to think Mars attempted it as well since she tried to run after him.
The fact she just does not respond to any outside stimulation proves she's gone, unless Cyrus magically returns before she passes on.

Haha, the funny thing is, this had nothing to do with my Saturn/Mars love. D: But I gotta say I sort of had to squee when he held her back. She'll thank him for that soon.

BUT. oh dear Mars. Her boss just told her and Saturn off, when they were both thinking this whole new world was for just all of them. Cyrus just told them to get out. He floats and gets sucked up into this dimension. Mars, of course is like "WTF JUST HAPPENED. NOOO" and tries to run to get him. ..It's obviously a very normal thing. It all happened so quick, and the poor emotional girl had all this s hit blown at her at once. She's obviously the youngest and most emotional of the commanders, so she's going to react differently. It was kinda like one of those 'it all happened so quick, and I just wasn't thinking' moments for Mars. She wasn't thinking. She just screamed and decided to go and fetch her boss.

You're going WAY too deep into all this. It's Pokemon. I doubt the writers have even gotten the idea of having Mars commit suicide because her boss is gone. If you notice, most of us as are just laughing at this idea of Mars committing suicide. It's ridiculous. :X The poor girl just needs some time. She doesn't have an inability to move, wtf, aha. They showed the three commanders again for like 20 seconds, not even. Mars is obviously upset. And the fact that she doesn't even look THAT depressed (she does, but come on.) tells something.
Saturn's look up to the sky tells that he's still kinda upset. :\ Jupiter wasn't actually there to witness the whole thing, so she can't feel all of it so much.

But lolol. The way you want this poor girl to just die, so Saturn and Jupiter can be alone and eheheheh, is amazing. D: The three of them are going to be chilling in the jail cell, until they break out or whatever. :p

BUT AHHH.
Marsy Mars won't die. She's too ..hehe and wacko and adorable to go for stupid reasons. ;___;

People are probably all "WOW..." @ our little debate thing going on here, ahahah. :X

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
This Mars drama seems a little too...how you say...dramatic. There's nothing wrong with obsessing over the character, especially since she had some fairly dramatic parts in this, but there's a difference between perceiving actions a certain way and flat-out making stuff up (like suicide). It's fine for your own fan-fics, but not in the context of a show like this where there was obviously deep anguish, but nothing deeper than that. Like I said, write a fic about it.

On the note of Spear Pillar being udnerground instead of at the mountain top, is it really that important? If it were merely at the peak, wouldn't that make it...well...super freakin' easy to access? At least this hidden door gave the Spear Key some sort of point, because that's the only purpose it really served.

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Come to think of it, did Cynthia actually do any battling at all? She stopped Jupiter with her Garchomp, but all I remember from the final shots were Pikachu/Piplup/Croagunk attacking.

Cobalt_Latios

On the note of Spear Pillar being udnerground instead of at the mountain top, is it really that important? If it were merely at the peak, wouldn't that make it...well...super freakin' easy to access? At least this hidden door gave the Spear Key some sort of point, because that's the only purpose it really served.
I guess it works. I just thought it was weird to have Spear Pillar be in a cave. Granted, the way it was portrayed made it feel like we had this deep void all around the area. At least that's how it felt.

But now that you mention the Spear Key, I guess that would make sense. There wasn't any key ingame, so I suppose they had to change things to make it work. It did, just in a different way.

<C_L>

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The ending felt sort of hollow.

Cyrus died apparently. The others were arrested, and that's it.

Did Mesprit, Azelf, and Uxie disappear into another dimension or what? I didn't understand that part.

Blaziryu

I thought this episode was good, though I think it could've been better. First Hunter J, now Cyrus gets killed off. Wow! Just wow! The writers are definitely making DP series worth watching. If they play their cards right, they can make a movie out of Hunter J & Cyrus returning from the dead wanting to take revenge on the Lake Trio Pokemon.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I donno. I think if the new creation had been destroyed, someone would have *said* something. Banishment is one thing, but if they killed off a major villian right in front of the twerps and Cynthia AND his followers, there would have been more of a sense of shock or *something* (Mars's reaction notwithstanding). And it seemed to me, from the commanders talking in the van later, that they at least think he's alive.

Yeti

Banned
This Mars drama seems a little too...how you say...dramatic. There's nothing wrong with obsessing over the character, especially since she had some fairly dramatic parts in this, but there's a difference between perceiving actions a certain way and flat-out making stuff up (like suicide). It's fine for your own fan-fics, but not in the context of a show like this where there was obviously deep anguish, but nothing deeper than that. Like I said, write a fic about it.
How is it making stuff up? There's no reason why our thoughts Mars' life will soon end are unfounded..
Episode clues:
1. In Part 1 J's ship spirals to the bottom of the lake before exploding. Did you see anyone bail out of it before that? I didn't. Even if they had while the ship was underwater the odds they could reach the surface are slim. So everyone on board died.
2. Cyrus walked into a collapsing portal and is never seen again. What happened when it closed? Did the dimension cease to exist? He very well may have suicided also.
Mars' personality clues:
1. In Platinum she is the only one who makes the effort to find Cyrus/seek him out. Pluto doesn't care, Jupiter just quits but has no intention of finding him, and Saturn is in the TG building intending to Neo Team Galactic it up.
2. In Special it's been reported she has a pain fetish and suffers memory loss. Is she really mentally stable?? I wonder.
3. In DPA! she has a nervous breakdown when Cyrus says nobody else will go with him to his new world. Presumably she's had them before and again isn't mentally stable.
4. In the anime she's willing to blow up an entire island while laughing about it and killing 7 or more people and their Pokemon. Cyrus disappears and she loses it.
5. She doesn't seem phased by Hunter J's demise or her crew's deaths either. In fact the only thing she does ever have a problem with is being separated from Cyrus.

So in conclusion Mars has never really been portrayed as mentally sound or able to handle being apart from Cyrus. Saying she may commit suicide offscreen after the episode isn't that farfetched - the episode itself supports that.
She tries to jump after him. Her personality supports she could only think about being with Cyrus. Her own life must mean nothing to her if she can't be with him.

Considering there was so much death in the arc already it's really not unreasonable at all to think she'll attempt suicide.

Haha, the funny thing is, this had nothing to do with my Saturn/Mars love. D: But I gotta say I sort of had to squee when he held her back. She'll thank him for that soon.
:rolleyes:
Or she'll be dead soon. Which is the more likely scenario tbth since she's only shown affection and devotion to Cyrus.

You're going WAY too deep into all this. It's Pokemon. I doubt the writers have even gotten the idea of having Mars commit suicide because her boss is gone. If you notice, most of us as are just laughing at this idea of Mars committing suicide. It's ridiculous. :X The poor girl just needs some time. She doesn't have an inability to move, wtf, aha. They showed the three commanders again for like 20 seconds, not even. Mars is obviously upset. And the fact that she doesn't even look THAT depressed (she does, but come on.) tells something.
Saturn's look up to the sky tells that he's still kinda upset. :\ Jupiter wasn't actually there to witness the whole thing, so she can't feel all of it so much.
Ok well if this is 'Pokemon' then why did Hunter J and her men die the episode before at the bottom of a lake? 'lol' And why was Mars going to kill Ash & co by blowing up an island? If 'gayplotdevice67 aka aura' hadn't been there they would be dead.
So she doesn't look that depressed, oh wait she does really, but oh well that doesn't matter it just /b/lacks your ship up!! aha EHEHE x3 what?? lol.
She is obv the most scarred. She doesn't look up when Cyrus' name is said. She doesn't respond to anything. The minute Saturn touches her she freezes.
Saturn is experiencing only a fraction of the agony Mars is - he can clearly answer Jupiter's questions, move his head, respond to her and acknowledge he knows what is going on. I don't think Jupiter asked him specifically what happened to Cyrus so he is the only one able to respond or willing to. Obviously it didn't traumatize him much.

I only see users who dislike Katya and I 'laughing'... lol.

Kit Kat said:
But lolol. The way you want this poor girl to just die, so Saturn and Jupiter can be alone and eheheheh, is amazing. D: The three of them are going to be chilling in the jail cell, until they break out or whatever. :p

BUT AHHH.
Marsy Mars won't die. She's too ..hehe and wacko and adorable to go for stupid reasons. ;___;

People are probably all "WOW..." @ our little debate thing going on here, ahahah. :X
Where do Katya and I say we want her to die? We just know this end to her life is coming. It's a much better fate for her to not live without the one person she actually cares about and she knows it.
There's no motivation regarding Saturn and Jupiter.. if they had a jailcell fetish it wouldn't matter to them if Mars was there. She's a shell now anyways and wouldn't even register what was going on around her.

It's not a stupid reason. I really doubt she is mentally stable and if she isn't I'm almost certain she doesn't take medicine for it. Not wanting to live without her one true love and being crazy already will lead her to suicide.
Ghost of Maiden's Peak anyone??

Well Katya and I have the most evidence going toward our belief Mars will be ending her life shortly.. soo 8|

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Wait, you're pulling DPA out when you just said a bit ago that it was OOC? And that wasn't the reason she had the breakdown there--she had it because he said he was going to kill them. Not even just unmake them when everything went down, but he tried *actively* to kill them by sending Dialga after them.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
Wait, you're pulling DPA out when you just said a bit ago that it was OOC? And that wasn't the reason she had the breakdown there--she had it because he said he was going to kill them. Not even just unmake them when everything went down, but he tried *actively* to kill them by sending Dialga after them.

I think that Mars Finally gets the point at the end. It turns out that Cyrus is a prick, he hates this universe and everything that's in it. That is why he is so hell bent on creating a new one, a universe suitable for HIMSELF.

I think what Mars said that they shouldn't care about their boss because he doesn't care about them. She said, "He left ALONE!".

Typhlogirl

keep battling on!
is that sum shipping war i see here

juputoru said:
And Cynthia proves that she's thousands of times more competent than everyone except Cyrus by beating Jupiter and getting AshnCo out of their jail cell in 30 seconds.

Best part of this episode.

I feel these episodes could have been much improved by actually giving more time to Cyrus' confrontation with Dialga and Palkia...it just seemed so rushed. You think the writers would have learned after the TM and TA finale...but whatever. I still enjoyed it.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Okay, seriously - Blackjack and Yeti quit it. Please exclude the shipping-like remarks here and bring it to shippers where I'm sure we can set up a Team Galactic ship debate thread somewheres. In the mean time, please stay in canon and remember where you are. Someone needs to stop egging the other on, who will it be?

In all seriousness, if I get one more report on this, I'm infracting both of you. D:

NES

Flip me to the side!
I'm playing Slowpoke here, but i have a doubt and i forgot to post it earlier: what's that "belt" thing that Dialga and Palkia have? That thing that looks like the one Arceus has.

Edit: Thank you Blackjack Gabbiani

Last edited:

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
It's the result of the Red Chain. It changed shape when it went around them.

dman_dustin

Come to think of it, did Cynthia actually do any battling at all? She stopped Jupiter with her Garchomp, but all I remember from the final shots were Pikachu/Piplup/Croagunk attacking.

I can't quite remember the context but Cynthia has her Garchomp use draco meteor twice; at the same time as Ash and co use their Pokemon.