• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle Finale of Legend! (620)

pokebeast8

The Awesomest
just watched it and it rocked
cyrus is stupid

cohenmarioman

ank

Banned
For the last time Hunter J can still be alive and out there somewere running around, as for her crew ther are long dead, but Hunter J is and most likely alive and well since she could have gotten away just before her ship blow up.

Swampert_trainer

Laughs at thunder
Awesome episode! Purugly and Skuntank using Iron Tail on Ash and his friends awesome (looked like it hurt). Mars' scream was haunting. The way Ash and co worked with the Pixies was amazing. Cynthia taking down Jupiter and Purugly in one hit was great.

This was just an amazing episode.

10/10

ash_forever

Greatest Hero
How do you measure perfection? How can you describe it? Admittedly, it's hard to say.
Therefore, the third and last episode of the Galactic finale, which is almost perfect, is really difficult to describe.
Of course, if it wouldn't take too far, I could analyze the episode scene by scene and express me pure unlimited delight in every one of them, because everything was just flawless: Every minute, every second, everything.
Be it Cyrus' awesome epic voice, the great animation, the fantastic plot full of profound philosophical elements and references and last but not least the fact the SHE, my beloved Cynthia was so heroic and epic. I guess it was even her best episode so far. Oh, what more could I wish for? If it's a dream don't wake me up, please.

-She jumped out of her awesome jeep (maybe it was a special James Bond-like car with all kinds of secret applications. That's why it was so flat) and her pose was so indescribably epic that Lance's poses appear like those of a schoolboy (I still like Lance though. Compared to Cynthia, each and everybody looks like a newbie)
- Garchomp attacked Skuntank like the personification of the avenging angel itself. Garchomp knew that all the responsibility to save the whole world rested on her shoulders. With that in mind the whole scene looked even more epic. Knowing that you are a great hero must feel so incredibly awesome!
- The next highlight was when Garchomp threatened to slit Jupiter's throat. WOW, just WOW. How cool, badass and mature was that? If you can't stop seeing that scene again and again, just take a look at my avatar and you'll know why I chose it.
These first three scenes were my personal highlights, besides Cyrus standing in front of his new world talking as if he were delirious.
- The next Cynthia-specific thing which is worth mentioning is the fact that Cynthia's Garchomp was the only(!) Pokemon to resist a legendary Pokemon's attack, Palkia's Spacial Rend.
- Of course, every Cynthia fan jumped with joy during the scene which you can see in my signature. Wasn't that so heart-breaking when Garchomp held and protected his beloved Champion? I'm sure she had the following on her mind: "I'll always fight for you and protect you, my dear Queen, even against the fiercest powers of nature". To me that was the epitome of epicness!

- And finally what great words did Cynthia speak when the police truck was driving away!

Because there is sadness we cherish happiness and because there is anger, kindness is born.
Oh Cynthia, I'd like to melt away.
Guys you've gotta know that I concern myself with theology and philosophy a lot and from a philosophical point of view this line was most likely the most profound one in the Anime ever.
Are you familiar with the concept of "free-will defense"? This is an approach in theology to reconcile the fact of suffering in the world with the existence of an almighty, good God. And that very line from the wise Cynthia's lips is a core argument of this approach :
There has to be sadness in order for us to distinguish it from happiness and to learn to cherish true happiness. Otherwise, if there were no different and opposite emotions, our world would be exactly like that one where Cyrus is living now: An apathetic, indescribable void!
Now call me crazy, but this line made it clear to me that Cynthia must be some kind of heaven-sent angel, equipped with some of God's eternal truths.
I could keep philosophizing forever, but I guess you can see my point.

Another aspect I'd like to discuss:
Cynthia thanked Ash and co. for protecting Sinnoh, but I reckon that as a great Champion, she was just too humble to admit that she actually did the hardest and most dangerous work (like Bertha last week who didn't want to be called elite). Of course, it was Ash and his friend who bonded with the Lake trio, but firstly that wasn't so difficult and dangerous, as all they had to do was giving them one command respectively. Secondly, they were the chosen ones anyways, so, they didn't have to work as hard as Cynthia, because the Lake Trio was on their side anyways.
I'm not saying that Ash didn't help to save the world at all, but if it weren't for Cynthia who freed them from prison, they wouldn't have had the change to bond with the Lake Guardians in the first place. I just find it fair that everybody gains laurels according to what they did (even Team Rocket).

OK, this episode was a masterpiece, absolutely flawless and the best episode ever
10 out of 10 points
(Actually it should be 11 or 12 out of 10 points if that were possible)

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
It was actually kind of sad in it's own right. Seeing Cyrus going through that portal and we'll probably never learn what happened to him. He could've died or maybe he was transported to another dimension. I thought the writers made good use of the Pixies though I was disappointed that Cyrus didn't fight Ash and Co himself, rather he had his henchmen deal with them. Kind of disappointing that after all the hype in DP, Dialga and Palkia had almost no role in the series, having only appeared in this episode and not even in physical form. They only played a big role in the movies as far as I can see. 8/10 just because it was a finale.

Torpoleon

I hate how rushed the episode was.

Craogunk beat Saturn's Toxicroak in just one hit?!
Dialga & Palkia did not have significance aside form opening a portal to a New World, possibly the Distortion World

DP150 & DP151 were nicely spaced out. They really should have had two more episodes to the arc and have Giratina, the Distortion World & Arceus. That's why I would not give it a ten.

Yeti

Banned
i like how this episode is the dumbest thing ever
ROFL

did they change the voice actors for like 80% of the characters because they all sounded different than before ?_?

this is even worse in english than it was in moonspeak because now i can hear the idiotic rubbish that cynthia is spewing along with every other "hero" in the dumb show

NO
SHREK 4 COMMERCIAL
THIS IS THE WORST HALF HOUR OF TELEVISION POSSIBLE
GDI WHY DON'T THEY KNOW WHEN TO STOP

you would have to have the mental capacity of an aborted hagfish fetus to not guess the outcome of this episode.

cynthia somehow becomes extremely overpowered along with ash and the villain team becomes extremely underpowered compared to how they were doing before.

"I CAN REALLY HEAR THEM CYNTHIA"
SHUT.
THE.
TRUCK.
UP.

nobody except a degenerative waste of atoms gives a rip about your stupid mess dawn as if it isn't 'obvious' you can hear them by what's been said the past 10 seconds or so.

GARY OAK
SOUNDS SO DUMB
WTF IS THIS
4KIDS FOREVER

mars the hero worshipping traumatized teenage lover till the end
you can tell saturn finally realizes wtf this mess is and then he's like well i have downs for doing this :B

ROFL
@ MARS
OH
OUCH
YOUR VERY EXISTENCE

WIEKLF
LKLKS
DFLLFR;R
E
SDL;D;LSE
EL;ES;LDSF
F
RFF;
RORLF
ROFL
@ THIS
THIS IS THE STUPIDEST OH MY RGKKKKR ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

WHO WROTE THIS IDIOT EPISODE'S TRANSLATION
R O F L IT IS THE WORST EVER

ok wow cyrus really didn't need to talk as he suicided
like thanks
for ruining what the japanese version had

R O F L M F A O @ MARS' PUSSY SCREAM
WTF WAS THAT
ARE YOU KIDDING ME
ROFLLLLLLL THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER

IF YOU LIKE THIS EPISODE YOU HAVE NO TASTE IN TELEVISION LMFAO THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE
imo. no offense.

like honestly this is just the absolute dumbest. i don't know how many times i've said that if i shot myself in the brain as an infant i could've written a better episode than this but honestly

this entire 3-parter was a huge joke.

cynthia is the worst character in the anime, as some users have stated on msn she is just a wanna-be emo goth trying to find the deeper meaning of LEGENDARY POKEMON but she is truly just so stupid she can't unless some evil meanie does it for her.

like really nintendo, i get you had to make a female champion due to rage from feminists but did you have to make her so utterly intolerable?

this is why i haven't watched a dp anime episode since the last tg episode aired. the show is just filled with atrocious characters that hold no shred of value to anyone who is interested in characters with more than a shallow, surface-level personality.
cynthia is the typical goody-goody hero who gets overpowered and moody and sentimental but sucks the rest of the time when it's appropriate.

i mean, they did not have her kind of stupidity back in kanto/johto and that is when the anime was entirely enjoyable. it was an actual struggle to beat a villain and they put up a good fight.
even movie 6 had a better climax 'battle' than this, this barely counts because it is just team galactic getting pussywhipped for no real reason other than the idiot writers felt this would be the funniest for kiddies ?_?

what would have been ACTUALLY INTERESTING to watch would have been if cyrus succeeded and created a new universe, but it didn't go exactly right because giratina appeared and created a giant glitch dimension instead leaving it strengthless and dialga and palkia entirely rogue creatures, refusing to listen to anyone.
then ash/dawn/brock are in the glitch dimension and

wtf
did cynthia just say
did she imply that negative emotions are first and positive emotions are created to counter them
??
no
you are an absolute moron cynthia you know NOTHING go kill yourself like honestly
it does not go "RAGE" --> "HAPPY" ok, that is not how things work
you
are
an
imbecile

this is just unbearable dubbing and the reason why the anime is so lack-luster nowadays. stupid lines like this that are entirely false and generally pointless except to show "look we can put dumb crap in our episodes and get away with it :B"

ok back on w/ this:
then ash/dawn/brock are in the glitch dimension and they must find the pixies, who are near death due to trying to stop dialga/palkia (who, by the way, cannot be stopped by those weaker inferiors unless azelf explodes on palkia which would severely damage it. damage calcs confirm: azelf would ohko palkia assuming azelf is running max at EVs and palkia isn't 252 hp 252 def)
ofc the pixies need to be nursed back to health. in the meantime team galactic is milling about trying to regroup and regain their ability to take control of pokemon

it finally comes down to one huge free-for-all battle where it's dialga v giratina v palkia v uxie v mesprit v azelf (who have all gone rogue due to a tg machine directed @ them) v ash/brock/dawn v team galactic
and then ash runs into the middle yelling STOOOOOOOOOOP and gets hit and turned to stone and pikachu cries and mew appears and he's fine
just kidding
then arceus appears and is like WTF U GUISE DOIN HEER 8\ and he uses his true strongth and puts a stop to all of this but he's weakened after then ash helps him get strong and arceus sets everything right

w o w what a better idea

this episode was just... bad. :\

Vernikova

Champion
The highlight of the episode for was Mars'(s?) reaction when Cyrus said that he wasn't intending them to go along with him to his new universe. I loved all three Galactic Commanders in this episode actually as well as the animation.

Yeti said:
GARY OAK
SOUNDS SO DUMB
WTF IS THIS
4KIDS FOREVER

He's got the same voice actor.

Yeti

Banned
well did his VA get shot in the vocal chords or something because now he sounds incredibly stupid

that is NOT the gary oak of my youth.

to be honest though i thought every voice in this episode was messed up. it was like they ran it through some voice-altering machine and made them all a few decibles off, but enough so us informed listeners would notice.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Jupiter = Marc Thompson

You're confusing Jupiter with Saturn. I know Saturn's rather femmy but still.

You know, in all seriousness and lack of attachment, I believe Cyrus survived. I believe that evidence in the show's history points to people being able to survive those conditions, and I believe that what the dragons destroyed was only the portal. But I wish I could think that he died because to live like that would be far worse than dying.

But I guess we'll never get an answer unless Charon decides to pull a Bowser-in-Mario-Galaxy sort of plot and use that new universe as his base of operations after wiping out the single inhabitant. Which would actually be pretty cool.

A question--Jupiter knew that they were all doomed, meaning that Cyrus likely told her. So why didn't he tell Mars and Saturn?

...Really I would have wanted to see someone try to stop him. I think it speaks volumes about his personality that the only incarnation of him to get redeemed was the one where the characters tried to REASON with him and treated him like a human being (making themselves more human in the process). Granted it was a delayed reaction and he still had to lose everything, but it still worked eventually.

halloweenghost

Wow what a great ending to a great story arc.. since Diamondand pearl started with Dawns adventure and her running into mesprite... three years of story have come to a close....and it looks like Cyrus achieved his goal... I hope his crazy *** is happy lol

XxpikapikaxX

Is also a Naruto fan
i like how this episode is the dumbest thing ever
ROFL

did they change the voice actors for like 80% of the characters because they all sounded different than before ?_?

this is even worse in english than it was in moonspeak because now i can hear the idiotic rubbish that cynthia is spewing along with every other "hero" in the dumb show

NO
SHREK 4 COMMERCIAL
THIS IS THE WORST HALF HOUR OF TELEVISION POSSIBLE
GDI WHY DON'T THEY KNOW WHEN TO STOP

you would have to have the mental capacity of an aborted hagfish fetus to not guess the outcome of this episode.

cynthia somehow becomes extremely overpowered along with ash and the villain team becomes extremely underpowered compared to how they were doing before.

"I CAN REALLY HEAR THEM CYNTHIA"
SHUT.
THE.
TRUCK.
UP.

nobody except a degenerative waste of atoms gives a rip about your stupid mess dawn as if it isn't 'obvious' you can hear them by what's been said the past 10 seconds or so.

GARY OAK
SOUNDS SO DUMB
WTF IS THIS
4KIDS FOREVER

mars the hero worshipping traumatized teenage lover till the end
you can tell saturn finally realizes wtf this mess is and then he's like well i have downs for doing this :B

ROFL
@ MARS
OH
OUCH
YOUR VERY EXISTENCE

WIEKLF
LKLKS
DFLLFR;R
E
SDL;D;LSE
EL;ES;LDSF
F
RFF;
RORLF
ROFL
@ THIS
THIS IS THE STUPIDEST OH MY RGKKKKR ROFLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL

WHO WROTE THIS IDIOT EPISODE'S TRANSLATION
R O F L IT IS THE WORST EVER

ok wow cyrus really didn't need to talk as he suicided
like thanks
for ruining what the japanese version had

R O F L M F A O @ MARS' PUSSY SCREAM
WTF WAS THAT
ARE YOU KIDDING ME
ROFLLLLLLL THIS IS THE WORST THING EVER

IF YOU LIKE THIS EPISODE YOU HAVE NO TASTE IN TELEVISION LMFAO THIS IS ABSOLUTELY TERRIBLE
imo. no offense.

like honestly this is just the absolute dumbest. i don't know how many times i've said that if i shot myself in the brain as an infant i could've written a better episode than this but honestly

this entire 3-parter was a huge joke.

cynthia is the worst character in the anime, as some users have stated on msn she is just a wanna-be emo goth trying to find the deeper meaning of LEGENDARY POKEMON but she is truly just so stupid she can't unless some evil meanie does it for her.

like really nintendo, i get you had to make a female champion due to rage from feminists but did you have to make her so utterly intolerable?

this is why i haven't watched a dp anime episode since the last tg episode aired. the show is just filled with atrocious characters that hold no shred of value to anyone who is interested in characters with more than a shallow, surface-level personality.
cynthia is the typical goody-goody hero who gets overpowered and moody and sentimental but sucks the rest of the time when it's appropriate.

i mean, they did not have her kind of stupidity back in kanto/johto and that is when the anime was entirely enjoyable. it was an actual struggle to beat a villain and they put up a good fight.
even movie 6 had a better climax 'battle' than this, this barely counts because it is just team galactic getting pussywhipped for no real reason other than the idiot writers felt this would be the funniest for kiddies ?_?

what would have been ACTUALLY INTERESTING to watch would have been if cyrus succeeded and created a new universe, but it didn't go exactly right because giratina appeared and created a giant glitch dimension instead leaving it strengthless and dialga and palkia entirely rogue creatures, refusing to listen to anyone.
then ash/dawn/brock are in the glitch dimension and

wtf
did cynthia just say
did she imply that negative emotions are first and positive emotions are created to counter them
??
no
you are an absolute moron cynthia you know NOTHING go kill yourself like honestly
it does not go "RAGE" --> "HAPPY" ok, that is not how things work
you
are
an
imbecile

this is just unbearable dubbing and the reason why the anime is so lack-luster nowadays. stupid lines like this that are entirely false and generally pointless except to show "look we can put dumb crap in our episodes and get away with it :B"

ok back on w/ this:
then ash/dawn/brock are in the glitch dimension and they must find the pixies, who are near death due to trying to stop dialga/palkia (who, by the way, cannot be stopped by those weaker inferiors unless azelf explodes on palkia which would severely damage it. damage calcs confirm: azelf would ohko palkia assuming azelf is running max at EVs and palkia isn't 252 hp 252 def)
ofc the pixies need to be nursed back to health. in the meantime team galactic is milling about trying to regroup and regain their ability to take control of pokemon

it finally comes down to one huge free-for-all battle where it's dialga v giratina v palkia v uxie v mesprit v azelf (who have all gone rogue due to a tg machine directed @ them) v ash/brock/dawn v team galactic
and then ash runs into the middle yelling STOOOOOOOOOOP and gets hit and turned to stone and pikachu cries and mew appears and he's fine
just kidding
then arceus appears and is like WTF U GUISE DOIN HEER 8\ and he uses his true strongth and puts a stop to all of this but he's weakened after then ash helps him get strong and arceus sets everything right

w o w what a better idea

this episode was just... bad. :\

Wow. Just wow. I guess me and ALOT of people have no taste in television and you're ranting and rambling on is not going to get you anywhere. :/

ANYWAY,
This episode was awesome! Action-packed and I love when TG and TR argue with each other and ASH, DAWN, BROCK, and TEAM ROCKET in JAIL?! Never thought I'd see the day AshnCo would be in prison, they're good people xD

Overall good episode. 9.5/10

Last edited:

TR4eva

A Friendly Rocket
It was a great episode and I don't care if anyone thinks that I have a bad taste in TV. And besides, if you don't like D.P THEN DON'T WATCH AND COMPLAIN ABOUT IT!!! Sheesh...
ANYWAYS...
My NICER opinion on the ep. It was a really great ending to Team Galactic, losing their power-mad leader in his own creation- it's different than a leader being thrown in Jail to rot forevermore. The Legendary trio saving Dialga and Palkia, great effects and power. Also, TR defeating Jupiter and the Grunts, just brilliant and they should team up with the good guys alot more because theywould be more successful but now there is no Team Galactic, who else is there to fight? Overall, this ep. deserves 10/10 from me!

9Tales

Out of all the leaders of villainous teams, Cyrus was by far the most cold, am I right?
Giovanni may insult and scream at his underlings, but he does need them, and didn't throw them out like garbage when he had Mewtwo.
Maxie seemed to have some consideration for his team.
Cyrus, though, he had never intended to share The New World with anyone from Team Galactic for fear that they'd "poison it". He just used them to get what he wanted and then he couldn't have cared less if they were all killed or arrested, right?

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
Hmm. I'm not sure if he never intended to have them there or if it was a recent decision based on their quickness to fight/their inability to bond with the Pixies/so on.

Although again, I'm curious to know why Jupiter seemed to know all about the "yeah, you're staying behind" idea and was fine with it while the other two were caught entirely off guard.

9Tales

Hmm. I'm not sure if he never intended to have them there or if it was a recent decision based on their quickness to fight/their inability to bond with the Pixies/so on.

Although again, I'm curious to know why Jupiter seemed to know all about the "yeah, you're staying behind" idea and was fine with it while the other two were caught entirely off guard.
I still say she went a bit mad, since she didn't care at all if she'd be destroyed along with the current world.