• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle Finale of Legend! (620)

Jigglypuff5000

Pros

- Cyrus dying [a first for anything living in the animé?]
- Spear Pillar being inside the mountain [not on top, as per the games - something completely silly].

Cons:

- Obviously rushed [the Lords of Time and Space were out for like five minutes, the Red Chain destroyed so easily and then quickly subdued]. It should've covered two episodes.

- That Jupiter [creepiest looking animé woman I've ever seen] didn't die along with Cyrus...

- Not an ounce of time dedicated to Giratina, who was only the main threat from Platinum, the only reason for 'Lookers' existence... [yes, Giratina had his own movie, but so did the other two, three times over]

- Should-have-been Arceus name drops being diluted to the 'Original Power'. Why...?

Last edited:

KGB13

Man of Mystery
This episode was OK, could have been better. I thought since they introduced Looker that Giratina and the Distortion World were definitely going to be introduced at this point in the anime, but I was wrong.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
I still say she went a bit mad, since she didn't care at all if she'd be destroyed along with the current world.

Well yes. The point is that she seemed to know in advance what he was doing while the other two thought they'd go on with him.

Brumrha

Banned
Cyrus' plans have now come to fruition, & if he succeeds, abandon all hope, ye who don't have a fallout shelter on you.

- Turns out that Ash's struggles were in vain, as the three pixies are still under Cyrus' beck & call, & to make matters worse, he takes them hostage so that he'll have something to fall back to in case they break free from his control. It's smart, but it's also low, low, low.
- Back outside the mountain, TR & Looker commences the attack on the perimeter guards, & they succeed! They take up their disguises... & wait...
- Then, a helicopter lands on their position, which just so happens to be Jupiter. Unfortunately for them, she is a friggin' psychic, as she saw right through their disguises & burns them clean off with her Skuntank.
- The three of them get thrown into the same cell that Ash & the gang are in. Now there's nobody left to save us from Armageddon...
- Oh, wait, I've forgotten about Cynthia! There is still hope!
- With her Garchomp, she wipes the floor with TG & frees everyone all in record time, which is good, considering that time isn't on their side...
- Wasting what little time they've got, they all bolt out to the Spear Pillar... but unfortunately, they came just too late, as Cyrus has already commanded the three pixies to open up the realms of Dialga & Palkia, with the help of the Adamant & Lustrous Orbs.
- Not content to just stand there, Ash & the gang try to break the shackles of the three Pixies, but TG are going to stop that.
- During all the chaos, Cyrus manages to summon Dialga & Palkia in this plane of existence, & thus manages to bind them to his command with the Red Chain. Curiously, their shackles look very similar to a certain part of a certain Pokemon...
- The fight actually turns in favor of Ash & the gang, as even Croagunk manages to get revenge on Saturn's haXXor-d Toxicroak! After their "victory" they all manage to break the red jewels that are enslaving the Pixies.
- Unfortunately, Cyrus' Red Chain is unhindered by this, & he commands them to create a new universe for him.
- The valiant gang try to stop him, but Cyrus reminds them that they're up against Demigods by commanding them to unleash their most powerful attacks, Spacial Rend & Roar of Time.
- But, & it is a J Lo BUTT, since the Pixies are free, they all get in between the gang & use Protect, thus rendering these ungodly attacks all but useless.
- To add insult to injury, their counterattack manages to break the Red Chain, but even so, Cyrus is hell bent on getting that new world that he wants, so he enters the dimensional portal by himself.
- ...wait, that's it?
- NO, it's not over yet!! Dialga & Palkia are still out of control, & if left that way, Armageddon is imminent, & we will all die!!!!!
- Quickly, the three Pixies then take it amongst themselves & their chosen ones to stop their rampage; Azelf rushes in the black hole that they're creating & stops it dead, Uxie brings them to their senses, & Mesprit calms their emotions down.
- Once everything is said & done, the demigods return to their respective realms, the orbs are secured, & the three TG commanders are whisked away to a maximum security prison. But where's Charon? Ah, who the hell cares?! The fact is, the free world is safe, hopefully for years to come.

That... was hell in a hand-basket, & I mean that in a good way; It was one of the most epic episodes that I've ever seen. What's even better is that Armageddon has been averted now that Cyrus is in his own little world now. Now get out there & breathe the fresh air! *gasps* Ahhh!

ESPNfanatic35

Catcher of Ubers
Wow, this arc of episodes is pretty dark for Pokemon. Cyrus dies (that or spends his life by himself in alternate universe) and Hunter J and her crew all die (in a pretty epic way, I might add.) It was also nice finally seeing Croagunk kick some Toxicroak butt.

jjag20

i actually caught this episode i wish they would have thrown giritina and maybe arceus in there and dialga and palkia at LEAST could have had an uberly epic battle but all in all it was pretty good

Torpoleon

When the Red Chain was summoning Dialga & Palkia, did anyone see the gold beam and the silver beam that Dialga & Palkia eventually got out from? If this episode aired before the announcement of HGSS on May 8, 2009, I would have thought of that as a hint to a GS Remake. It does seem kind of ironic, right?

Cobalt_Latios

Pros

- Cyrus dying [a first for anything living in the animé?]
- Spear Pillar being inside the mountain [not on top, as per the games - something completely silly].
Uh, no. Spear Pillar being on top of a mountain seems far more "sensible" than it being in a cave. Those legends needs "space" ya know. At least, I thought it made sense in the games. Being in a cave seems constrictive, IMO.

Cons:

- Not an ounce of time dedicated to Giratina, who was only the main threat from Platinum, the only reason for 'Lookers' existence... [yes, Giratina had his own movie, but so did the other two, three times over]
Yeah, I kind of do wish they had Giratina in this, but otherwise I'm fine with it. This was all time for the 3 pixies, so I'm not completely surprised.

When the Red Chain was summoning Dialga & Palkia, did anyone see the gold beam and the silver beam that Dialga & Palkia eventually got out from? If this episode aired before the announcement of HGSS on May 8, 2009, I would have thought of that as a hint to a GS Remake. It does seem kind of ironic, right?
I'd say you're looking into this a tad much. But, I wasn't really paying attention to that, so, just me.

Cyrus = Goku/Greiger/...
Jupiter = Marc Thompson
Mars = Lisa Ortis
Cyrus = Sean Schemmel
Charon = Mike Pollock

Going by what he said then.

DP150 & DP151 were nicely spaced out. They really should have had two more episodes to the arc and have Giratina, the Distortion World & Arceus. That's why I would not give it a ten.
Yeah, at least having Giratina involved would have been good. I mean, especially considering all the references to Platinum at this point. Oh well, hopefully Giratina gets a cameo of some kind (oh wait, didn't it get like a 5 second cameo about 3 episodes prior?).

Overall, I actually enjoyed this in English far more in Japanese (understanding it may have had something to do with it... maybe). I actually thought that they handled Cyrus quite well; something they didn't really do with the other teams of last gen. I mean, Cyrus really proves that he's gonna do what he wants, and there's not a damn thing your gonna do to stop him (figuratively of course, he "escapes" so to speak).

Decent use of movie 5 music, even though it's one of the most overused tracks around (seriously, if you heard it, you know which one I'm talking about). Not that it's a bad thing, just an observation of mine.

Cynthia was more or less a supervisor, but at least she was actually doing something (which reminds me, why the hell did they use Lance back with TA/M instead of Steven? Especially considering Steven only got 1 episode back in Hoenn...). Still, her using more than just Garchomp would have been nice...

C_L

Rebeccag

Really enj0yed this episode thought the idea of Cyrus throwing himself in was very self obtained but can also for the older viewers knew what he was doing. Also liked the idea of Cynthia coming back as well and getting involved. Lets hope that Team Galatica are now safe in prison

I wonder why Nintendo didn't come up with the trio system sooner.
2 pokemon-angry 1 pokemon comes and saves the region
And then there's the central pokemon that supposedly made everything(Mew came and then Arceus kicked it out of the spotlight).
Here's what Nintendo will do; they will say that Arceus only ruled and made one collection of dimensions. There will be a Super Alpha pokemon that is even higher in power. Super Alpha made (a number of collection of dimensions) and (a number of Arceus Eggs). And Nintendo will just keep doing this until there are more legendary pokemon than we can count!

Dialga Giratina Palkia

Arceus;493;
Sinnoh
Uxie Mesprit Azelf

?(Maybe Mew)?;151; Hoenn
jirachi?;385;
Registeel Regice Regirock

Hoenn and Sinnoh are the same, sort of.
Johto and Kanto don't have a system.

Moltres Articuno Zapdos

;150;Mewtwo<copyer!Mew;151; Kanto

Raikou Suicune Entei

Ho-oh Lugia
Celebi;251;

Last edited:
...and so ends the dark and shameful tale of Team Galactic.

Dialga and Palkia. At long last we meet!

An awesome conclusion to the Team Galactic story arc!

Jupiter's 'Fine by me!' was by far the best. It really showed how much she felt for the aspirations of her Leader (even if it was blind stupidity...!) Also, Mars wanting to go with Cyrus! He sure was a ladies man, eh?
My other favourite part was when Dialga and Palkia were released by the lake trio, and the first thing they do is (presumably) smash Cyrus' new universe. That was the epic finale the TG arc needed.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Sinnoh has the longest Team saga we've ever seen. Not even Team Aqua and Magma can top them. But Cyrus is a total b*tch to beat in the game and in the show they make it seem so easy with all of them. Well of course.

Lance The Champ

The Aura Guardian
If Dialga and Palkia battled with each other it would have been epic....just like Kyogre and Groudon

TurtwigFan1

burning it down
Jupiter going mad was awesome - she just didn't care she was going to die. Overall an epic episode - slightly rushed but it was pretty darn epic. Dialga and Palkia were cool, the Lake trio were just fantastic. Cyrus was some proper weird, wonder what did happen to him in his little world. Excellent ending to the Galactic arc, and a nice way to send them out.

G50

No longer posting
This episode was cool. It was great to see Palkia and Dialga for the 1st time in the Anime. It was cool to see how the Spear Key opens and unlocks the Spear Pillar. It was so cruel how Cyrus used the Red Chain to summon Dialga and Palkia, and to have them all trapped. Finally Croagunk was able to defeat and knock out Toxicroak. It was great that they finally destroyed the Crystals on the Trio's forheads that were controlling them. It was great to see Spacial Rend and Roar of Time for the 1st time. They were finally able to break the control devices surrounding Palkia and Dialga. It was great how they were able to command the Lake Trio.

97/100