• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle for Friendship (PG)

B

blossom

Heeh, I like the Daisy being a rabbit thing. That was cute. Poor Mia though! *gives Mia some pudding*

T'was kind of short (at least it seemed that way), but good. The plot is thickening!

Good chappie, I'm looking forward to the next one. Keep it up. ;D

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
*hyperventilates* Chapter!

blossom: Hiya! *hugs* Yes, Daisy being the 'rabbit' was adorable. But Mia had to pretend Daisy was the bunny so her mother wouldn't get mad. And you'll see why in this chapter! Thanks for replying! *hugs*

Well, here's chapter six! I would've posted yesterday, but I was chased off the computer before I finished typing it. So... as promised, here's the next chapter!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Six: The Secret of Man

"Who were those people?" Mia asked after several minutes of recovering.

"I'm not sure," Daisy replied. "I've no clue who Team Rocket is."

"And what do they mean 'Outsiders are important'?"

"I think they said it's to lure the others," Daisy said. "But what others?"

"I think it's the other Pokemon," Mia whispered fearfully. "But what about the 'Team Rocket shall become tyrant ha ha ha' part?"

Daisy shook her head. "I don't know."

"I thought you knew! You're both the same specie! How could you not know?"

The red-head shrugged. "All I know is that they're not good people."

"Figures," Mia muttered. "Especailly since they're trying to be tyrants."

"I should've paid more attention when Officer Jenny came to tell us about the law," Daisy said, slapping her forehead. "She must've mentioned Team Rocket then."

"It's getting dark," Mia said, peeking out to gaze at the colorful sky of blues, reds and yellows. "I'll come tomorrow."

"What if those thugs come back?" Daisy squeaked in fright. "I don't want to be alone!"

Mia thought for a few minutes before creating two silver walkie-talkies from the air around her. She handed her friend one, smiling. "Call me if you need some help."

"Thanks Mia," the girl said, giving the kitten a hug, "See you later."

Mia waved and darted back home, racing the sunset.

~~:[]: :[]:~~

"Mom?"

"Yes Mia?"

"Um, are all humans bad?"

"Hmm? What makes you say that dear?"

Mia and her mother were having dinner, yet Mia ate little as the question about humans hovered over her. "Well, while I was playing with Daisy, these two people came from out of no where and started talking about world domination," she explained. "They were wearing black from what I could see."

Bree swore under her breath. "They're not supposed to be in these forests. If we're ever found, then the whole world's in danger."

"What're you saying Mom?"

Bree sighed and gazed at her daughter. "Mia, it's about time you learned about humans."

"Are we going to talk about the gross parts they do?"

"No honey." Bree took a deep breath, her hands in her lap. "I'm sure you've heard about that story from a few years ago about the Pokemon that was injured by a human. That had started the war, but it also introduced evil. In our nature, we're supposed to care for humans, thrive and battle to strengthen our powers. But humans think differently than us. They've been destroying many miles of land, reducing the population of many species. Ever since evil was introduced, they have hurt their kind physically and murdered later on.

"Years after the first Pokemon Trainers appeared, evil organizations formed. The first was by the name of Team Rocket. They've had different leaders over the years, but the people who bossed around the poor souls have gotten nastier in attitude. Like you said, they wear black and use Pokemon as machines. It hurts them more than they think. You've heard of stress, right?"

Mia nodded. Though she never told her mother, she's been developing small symtons of it over the years. That was how she knew what stress and depression was.

"Well, the Pokemon that belong to them have the worst cases of it and depression than anyone else combined," Bree continued. "They use them to do their evil deeds for them. They kidnap and experiment on these tortured souls for their own purposes.

"Thus, it led to one thing: war. The humans started this war. That vile man in the story was extremely wicked. He loathed the idea of playing with Pokemon. So he did horrible tests on his companion one too many times, eventually killing it. We declared war because we sensed he was very sinful and was itching to harm any living thing that appeared on his doorstep."

"But what does this have to do with Team Rocket and us?" Mia asked.

"We're the key solution to ending the war. As peace-makers, we love all humans no matter how evil they are at heart. If the Rockets ever capture us, they'll torture and train us to become fighting machines by force. They also want to use our hidden powers to rule the world. This is one reason why we live deep in the forests. We must not be found."

"And I also heard them saying they're looking for the lost girl," Mia said, fear and worry filling up her heart as she waited for Bree's answer.

Her mother sighed sadly. "If the girl was to find us, then Team Rocket would try to capture her for the information on our whereabouts," she said, closing her eyes. "If they do, she'd be tortured until she tells them to save her life and not ours. We can't have any humans within the territory for a few reasons. But the biggest is because of what they do in their nature: Hunt, use, rule and destory. Translation: They would kill to get their greedy hands on the most powerful substance on Earth..."

"Us," Mia finished quietly. She looked away from her mother's gaze painfully, feeling her eyes welling up.

"That is why you can never make friends with a human," Bree said. "Their nature is to betray. Never trust something from a different kind."

Mia started to choke up. She now knew why she's never seen a human before Daisy. They could not be trusted. "M-May I be excused?" she choked out.

"Sure honey," Bree dismissed, returning to the dinner in front of her. Mia slowly left for her room, fear gripping her heart. If humans can't be friends with Pokemon, then why's she Daisy's friend? If her mother was right about humans betraying, how come Daisy hasn't done anything yet? And if humans can't be trusted, then why does Mia trust her?

All this and more lingered over Mia the rest of the night, haunting her dreams. Her innocent childhood had now corroded to make room for the truth. Mia's life had now changed.

Sorry if this was short (three pages), folks, but I had no clue then how to make a real conversation, I was making up the plot as I went along and I forgot how to change some of the things in it. ^_^; Yeah, I know I'm pathetic...

Now... chapter seven'll reveal what the plot is along with eight. Around those two, the story starts to flow smoothly again. And sorry for not posting yesterday (I didn't have to go to the Spring Round-Up and because I ate too much buttered popcorn at the movies with my friend so I got sick). This Saturday will definately be the deadline for chapter seven, Songs of Friendship. Right here the plot'll appear more.

*hands baked cookies and group hugs* Thanks for replying guys! Hope to see you Saturday, April 29th sometime after eleven. (Must... get... popcorn...) And this'll be the only short chapter next to a future one... chapter ten I think... I have to check. But ten's boring, so I might change it. I don't know yet. Well, see you soon!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
♥Kutie Pie♥ Please be kind to midgets!

Literate

black cat, black cat
Well, it sounds like something bad. I really have no comments right now. But just keep it up. ^_^

~PEACE~

Demy

I'm back Kutie Pie been on hoildays :) Ch 6 was very short IMO but i will give you a BIG hug anyway also happy easter and birthday .

Demy

Zephyr Soul

<is awesome
Kutie Pie said:
"I think it's the other Pokemon," Mia whispered fearfully. "But what about the 'Team Rocket shall become tyrant ha ha ha' part?"

XD Despite the meaning, this is rather amusing.

Kutie pie said:
"Thus, it led to one thing: war. The humans started this war. That vile man in the story was extremely wicked. He loathed the idea of playing with Pokemon. So he did horrible tests on his companion one too many times, eventually killing it. We declared war because we sensed he was very sinful and was itching to harm any living thing that appeared on his doorstep."

*reads paragraph, skips over part, then re-reads* ZOMG! AGH! Is that who I think it is?!? (Not the person, his 'companion'. I'm rather sure about the as- err, human. O.O)

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
HALLO REVIEWERS! *hugs*

litestars: HALLO! WHOO! *bear hug* Sorry. High on chocolate shake. *twitches* Yes, something bad is going to happen. In a few more chapters yes. Thanks for replying and receiving this short reply. *hugs*

Demy: SQUEE! HIYA! *returns hug* Yes, chapter six is short (BURN CHAPTER!) but... yeah... Heh, thanks for wishing me a happy birthday and Easter, but they passed. (Last week they have.) Thanks anyway! *hugs*

Mew Lover74: Hey! *hugs* Yep! That sentence is pretty amusing, but I never thought of it that way. Now, the evil person (who you think you may know) and the companion (and it) have no names. For the human: If you were thinking about Giovanni, it's not. That story Mia was told takes place thousands of years ago. MANY years before evil (*kills Giovanni for fun*) You-Know-Who. And the Pokémon... If you were thinking Mewtwo... WRONG AGAIN! This story (and legend) takes place YEARS before Mewtwo comes along. (So basically, Mia's the Mew today.) And so, the two don't have names. (If they did, I forgot.) And the reason why I didn't have spoiler tags is because they don't have any part in the story. [SPOIL]One doesn't though.[/SPOIL] Well... this has been my longest today... LUCKY YOU! And thanks for replying! *hugs*

*hands chocolate shakes and group hugs* Heh. Got them from Whataburger. Weird, eh? Okay... well, I changed the chapter name. It's called The Necklaces of Friendship since there's a chapter about the songs. (What songs they are, I'm not telling.)

Well... I'll get it on Saturday. Definately. (Unless we have Family Home Evening somewhere.) And I have disclaimers on the songs in this chapter. (Hint: Songs from Hilary Duff and Aly & AJ.) Well, I'm getting kicked off so... see you!

;025; - Ahem. Too short of a chapter so... *gets lighter* BURN, BABY BURN!

*swipes and whacks* Stupid mouse. Well, see you all later!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
♥Kutie Pie♥ Please be kind to midgets!

Demy

Well see you and the next chapter in two weeks Kutie Pie.

Demy

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Chappy!

Whoa! Two weeks and look how forgotten this story is! I can't believe my mom was evil... Well, I would've posted yesterday, but I ran out of time. So... Here's the next chapter! (Ooh, we're getting closer to the truth!)

Disclaimers: I do not own the songs "Fly" and "No One". Those belong to Hilary Duff and Aly & AJ. (The songs here are important to the story, BTW. Try to guess since I'm evil. >:3

Chapter Seven: The Friendship Necklaces

Mia slept in late as it was Saturday, but also because she was up for a long time, pondering about what her mother said. Everytime she drifted off to sleep, she'd have awful images about Daisy betraying the whole village. Mia wrote in her diary about her lecture and dreams that night as well.

A knock sounded at the door. "Come in," Mia said groggily. Her mother drifted in still wearing her bathrobe and sat down on the bed.

"Honey, are you feeling okay?" Bree asked, noticing the bags under Mia's eyes.

"I'm just tired," she replied.

"Were you thinking about the talk last night?"

Mia nodded. "Mom? What if, hypothetically speaking, I made a friend with a human? Would something happen?"

"Well, for one thing, I would get mad," Bree said, smiling. "Another thing is that you'd be giving up your own kind to make friends with another. Think about the chain reactions that'll be made if we're betrayed and you got banished. I hope you haven't done that."

"I didn't," Mia lied, feeling sick to her stomach.

"Oh baby, I know it breaks your heart that this has to happen, but that's the way it is," Bree said. "I would love to have a human as a friend too, but I have to obey the rules. Maybe, hopefully, the war'll end soon so you can be happy around human children and adults. But it would take a miracle for the humans to apologize."

"Yeah, a big miracle," Mia said to herself.

Bree hugged her daughter and exited Mia's room. She didn't care. She just glanced outside and cried.

"Mia, is something wrong?" Daisy asked later on in the afternoon.

"My mom told me the awful truth about your kind," she said.

"Did she say that we're all evil and don't care about the Earth at all?"

"Kind of, but she explained even more."

"Well, I know of our nature anyway," Daisy said, smiling. But Mia could sense it was a painful one. "I see it all the time at school and television."

They sat in the cave silently for a while. Then Daisy asked Mia a mysterious question. "Do you have a favorite song?"

"Huh?"

"A song. Music with words."

"I know what it is, but I don't know why you asked me that," Mia said, turning her gaze onto the red-head.

Daisy grinned and reached into her fanny-pack. From it, she pulled out a bag of different beads and two strings. Then, Mia saw a faint glow inside the pack. Daisy reached in and pulled out two beautiful, smooth, heart-shaped stones. They were either blue or pink with golden curvy letters. The blue with "best" on it, the pink "friends". Each of them were glowing a pheonominal light of the same color dimmly. Mia's eyes widened at them. "What're they supposed to be, radioactive stones like kryptonite?"

Daisy giggled. "No. These are supposed to be magical necklaces as legend has it. My grandfather gave these to me on my birthday last year, but I haven't used these yet."

"Why are they magical?" Mia asked, gazing at them in awe. "I've never heard of them."

"No one's proved it yet, but these stones share the same life-style as the person who's wearing it," the red-head explained. "That's why they glow. Once the 'ritual' is finished, it glows a bit brighter to show they're ready to react."

"How's it work?"

"I'll show you." Daisy put down the blue stone and held the other in her hand. She closed her eyes to make a wish. Then she blindly unlatched the lock on the necklace. While she slowly put on random beads without peeking, Daisy started singing softly a song.

"In a moment everything can change
Feel the wind on your shoulder
For a minute all the world can wait
Let go of your yesterday
Can you feel it calling
Can you feel it in your soul
Can you trust this longing
And take control

Fly open up the part of you
That wants to hide away
You can shine
Forget about the reasons
Why you can in life
And start to try
`Cause it's your time
Time to fly

All your worries
Leave them somewhere else
Find a dream you can follow
Reach for something when
There's nothing left
And the world's feeling hollow

Can you hear it calling
Can you feel it in your soul
Can you trust this longing
And take control

That wants to hide away
You can shine
Forget about the reasons
Why you can in life
And start to try
`Cause it's your time
Time to fly

And when you're down and feel alone
Just wanna run away
Trust yourself and don't give up
You know you better than anyone else

In a moment everything can change
Feel the wind on your shoulder
For a minute all the world can wait
Let go of yesterday

That wants to hide away
You can shine
Forget about the reasons
Why you can in life (can in life)
And start to try (start to)

Fly forget about the reasons
Why you can in life (can in life)
And start to try (start to try)
`Cause it's your time
Time to fly

In a moment everything can change...
"

As Daisy sung the last few words, she put it around her neck, latched it and kissed the stone. Mia could feel there was something going on with the necklace and Daisy. A few minutes later, the stone glowed a bright pink for a few seconds, them dimmed to just a soft glow, the word "best" winking in the little light.

Daisy opened her eyes, smiling. "And that's how it works."

"So, you hold it in your hand, close your eyes, make a wish, and you sing a song while putting on beads and then kiss it?" Mia recalled the steps.

"Yep. Now, try it yourself."

"What song am I supposed to sing?" the cat asked.

"The one song that mathces you perfectly," Daisy said.

Mia nodded and gripped the blue stone in her hand, closing her eyes and wishing. I wish the war would end soon, she repeated in her head. She unlatched the string blindly and gathered some beads, singing her song.

"I am movin' through the crowd
Tryin' to find myself
Feel like a guitar that's never played
Will someone strum away

And I ask myself
Who do I wanna be
Do I wanna throw away the key
ANd invent a whole new me
And I tell myself
No one, no one - don't wanna be
No one but me

You are movin' through the crowd
Tryin' to find yourself
Feelin' like a doll left on a shelf
Will someone take you down

And you ask yourself
Who do I wanna be
Do I wanna throw away the key
And invent a whole new me
Gotta tell yourself
No one but me

Your life plays out on the shadows of the wall
You turn the light on to erase it all
You wonder what it's like to not feel worthless
So open all the blinds and all the curtains

No one but me

We are movin' through the crowd...

All the time she sang the last few words, she latched it over her and kissed the stone like Daisy did. Behind her lids, Mia could see a turquoise glow brighten and then disappear. When she opened her eyes, the stone was glowing brighter.

"What happened?" she asked, confused still.

"The stone absorbed your wish and song, which is a part of you," Daisy explained, smiling. "Legend has it that if you were to sing the song, something wonderful happens. But you can only use the magic once when your friend's in danger."

"So, I sing my song and the magic's used to save my friend?" Mia guessed.

"No, your friend's song," Daisy corrected, smiling.

"But I haven't memorized it yet."

"It'll come to you, don't worry."

"Don't the songs have a meaning?" Mia inquired, replaying the lyrics in her head.

"They do, but we can't tell each other the meanings. Otherwise, the stone would break and the magic disappears," Daisy said. "I know it's difficult, but that's how it works. Supposed to work actually..." And Daisy drifted off.

The two friends sat in silence for a while, thinking about the necklaces while gazing at certain items. Mia turned back to her father's medal and Daisy stared sadly outside. "Mia, I think you should go home," Daisy whispered.

"Why?" Mia was taken aback. She usually only went home when it was necessary, not by request.

"I need some time alone. I need to... sleep."

The pause made Mia confused. "Uh... sleep? But it's the middle of the day."

"Please, just go! I need some sleep! What more explanation do you need?" the human snapped, her voice raised.

Mia sadly gazed at her and left without a small good-bye. Half-way to her house, she could hear a soft sound of a girl crying in the forest. She knew it was Daisy. She wanted to go help her, but she couldn't. One thing haunted her as she continued onward, ignoring the stares of Tina and Kitty as she passed.

Why was Daisy crying? Mia did nothing to her. And yet, Daisy wanted her to leave. Why did she want her to leave? Does she have something to hide?

Or was it something worse?

And that's the end of chapter seven. I'm sorry I couldn't update for the last two weeks. I have an evil mother. But I should be nice today, seeing as it's Mother's Day today. (Crud, I don't have anything for her!)

Well, next week's the chapter you must see. Nearly all of Daisy's troubles are revealed in this next chapter: The Truth about Daisy. Why that you may ask? Well... [SPOIL]She's been hiding the whole truth about her family and herself. This all is revealed in this chapter.[/SPOIL]

Sounds interesting, eh? Well, gotta run. And I finished the fic on my computer (Ending's a bit rushed though.) so I should have this last chapter (Epilogue, journal entry, heh heh.) sometime in July. But then again, I'll be gone for a few days in that month because of Young Women's camp at my church. So... sometime in July. Probably before I start school. (Argh! High school starts in July, crud!)

Well, see you all later! *hugs*

~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kutie Pie* Back in black, baby!

Demy

that is a touching chapter Kutie Pie.

Demy

icemew

Banned
Poor Mia and Daisy...this is a pretty depressing story, but really good. It doesn't seem like there's any way for this to work out happily...Still, their friendship is really touching, and I like your writing. It's really interesting to see pokemon treated more as people, with the two societies as sort of the same but different.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Whoo whoo whoo whoo whoo!

Hmm… barely any reviews this time… Must’ve been my fault…

Demy: Hey! *hugs* Heh heh. Yeah, it’s touching, but this chapter will be the most emotional (I think.)

icemew: Yay, new reviewer! *hugs* Yes, Mia’s and Daisy’s friendship may not last, but hope’s always on the horizon. But we shall see because I’m an pretty evil at that. Thanks for replying!

TIME FOR NEW CHAPPY! *break-dances*

This is the chapter you’ve all been waiting for. Really.

WARNING: EMOTIONAL CHAPTER APPROACHING!

Chapter Eight: The Truth About Daisy

The next day, Daisy refused to let Mia visit her. “Why not?” the kitten asked from outside. “Why can’t I speak to you?”

“Because I said so!” Daisy shouted in between sobs. “Now leave me alone!”

Mia’s heart began to break after that comment. And Daisy would’ve never given her the necklace had she not been her friend… “Yo, Nobody, what in the name of Lugia is that?” Flo asked rudely on Monday morning, pointing at the necklace.

“Does it matter?” Mia grumbled, staring at the street.

“Yes it does. Now tell me or I’ll take it,” Flo threatened.

“I got it from my mother,” was the lie.

“Then why does it say ‘friend’ on it?” Tina sneered. “Who has the other half, your mom?” Everyone laughed.

“No. It’s from my friend.”

“What friend? No one’s your friend,” Kitty retorted. “And we didn’t give it to you.”

“Daisy gave it to me.”

“Who’s this Daisy then?” Flo demanded.

Mia remained silent.

“Well? Answer me!”

“I can’t tell you,” Mia said quietly.

“I can’t hear you,” Flo growled. “Now, if you don’t tell me this instant, then I’ll rip it from your neck and destroy the scum! Now answer!”

The rosy cat sighed. She knew that Flo wasn’t kidding. She would steal it, but she would just keep it to herself. “I can’t tell you,” Mia repeated.

“You must or I’ll push you into traffic.”

“Look, can’t you just leave me alone?” Mia shouted, standing up and facing her perpetrator.

“Excuse me?” Flo said, raising a brow. “What did you say to me?”

“I said ‘Leave me alone’.”

Everyone gasped while Flo got irritated. “No one back-talks to me. Now answer or I swear to Ho-oh you’ll die!”

Mia scowled. “How did you even make friends, huh? Did you threaten them by giving everyone death messages or what? I bet you were just like me before you moved here.”

Whispers spread through the throng. “No one’s ever stood up to her before” was the excitement.

“Listen Nobody,” Flo snarled, “I’ve always had friends. You, on the other hand, didn’t. Now I suggest you tell me right now before the bus comes. If you do, I might allow you into my group. But first, we need to compromise. What do you say? Friends?”

The Roselia held out her hand. Mia just glared at her and slapped away the hand. “I’ll never be your friend,” she growled.

“You shall answer, or I’ll steal your necklace. Now answer!”

“I refuse.”

Flo started to fume. “Then I shall rip off your precious friendship necklace, even if it kills me.”

“OVER MY DEAD BODY!” the cat screamed.

“You asked for it.” Flo lunged at her, causing the second fight. Everyone cheered for Flo as she punched and clawed at Mia who kicked her off after several attempts.

“Cat fights are fun to watch!” whooped a random jock from the crowd.

“Magical Leaf!” Flo cried out. From her roses came flashing leaves that were curved like a regular Razor Leaf, only they were more speedy. They slashed at Mia, knocking her onto the ground. She slowly stood up and faced her opponent, hot tears spilling down her face. Flo cackled. “What’s the matter, Nobody? Got no one to root for you?” she taunted, still shrieking with laughter.

Mia had enough. In anger, her eyes were clouded by a teal mist, pink flames surrounding her body. With a yell, Mia sent a blast at Flo who gasped at the attack. She couldn’t move away in time and was flung into the air. The sickening sound of broken bones brought Mia back to consciousness. She stared in horror at the throng and at the unconscious Roselia.

“What have you done?” shrieked Kitty, running over to Flo with Tina.

“She’s alive. Barely,” she said, checking Flo’s pulse.

Everyone glared at Mia who gasped. “Look what you did you idiot!” someone yelled. “You almost killed Flo!”

“No…” Mia couldn’t believe it. She had never harmed anyone so severely before. “I… I didn’t mean to…”

“Of course you didn’t, Nobody!” the same person shouted sarcastically. “No one’s ever done that on purpose before. We all saw you! You could’ve been a murderer had you been stronger!”

“But what did I use?”

“Stop pretending to forget!” the boy yelled, knocking her down with a punch across the face. “You used a powerful Psychic blast! What’s you think you used, Splash?”

Mia tried to focus, but because of the tears, her vision was blurred. She started sobbing. “G-Guys!” she said to Tina and Kitty. “Y-You believe me, d-don’t you?” With every word she said, the tears trickled down her face.

They scowled at her. For a minute, Mia saw what may have been a sincere look from her real friends. But when they answered, it was removed. “Of course not!” Tina said. “We saw you. You did it on purpose!”

“Why did we become friends with you, you liar?!” Kitty screamed.

That remark did it. With a wail, Mia got up and flew into the forest just as the bus came up. Her tears trailed behind her as she flew, searching for the one person she trusted.

“What’re you doing here?” Daisy inquired after Mia shot into her arms. “I thought I told you yesterday to leave me be.”

Mia wailed out loud in her arms. “I did something t-terrible!” she cried.

“What’d you do?”

“I… I harmed a student… badly!” the cat choked, sobbing harder.

“But why?”

“She threatened a-and made fun of me!”

“I understand,” Daisy said sadly.

“No you don’t! You’ve never harmed a student to near death!”

Daisy was silent. Then she got up and crawled out of the cave. “Come,” she beckoned to Mia. “Let’s go back to the stump.”

Mia was confused, but followed. “Why there?”

Daisy didn’t answer. After a ways, they finally reached it. The girl sat back down on the tree stump and gazed at the blood-red flower that had grown a few centimeters since their last visit. Mia sat down next to her.

Daisy sighed. “I got something to tell you,” she said. “Something I should’ve said a while ago.”

“What is it?”

The girl sighed again more sadly. “Mia, you’re my best friend, but you’re not my first.”

“Huh? You mean, you had one?” Mia asked slowly.

The red-head nodded. “But she was from my family…” She looked up at Mia, her eyes welling up. “Mia… I’m a twin.”

Mia was shocked. “A twin? Where is she?”

“She’s gone.” Daisy looked away and sobbed.

“Gone where?”

Daisy glanced up into the cloudy sky and cried harder. “I see,” Mia said quietly. “What happened?”

The girl sighed, but didn’t answer. Instead, she said something else. “Mia, my name’s not Daisy.”

Mia couldn’t believe her ears. “What?”

“My real name’s Azalea,” she continued. “Daisy is my twin.”

“But… why use her name?”

“Because I wanted to be like my twin. She had friends, care and beauty. It was Daisy I was talking about last time. She was the most popular at my school. I’m not jealous, it’s just that I wanted to be like her so I can finish what she couldn’t.”

“How’d she die?”

Azalea glanced at Mia. “My mother’s death was known. She had a rare heart disease that was never treated. My twin had the same disease and died last year. My dad’s afraid I might have the same condition as well. But I should’ve died! Daisy was stronger than me! Why’d she have to go?!” Azalea cracked and cried harder into her hands.

“But why didn’t you tell me?”

“I-I was afraid you wouldn’t have pity on me… like everyone else,” she sobbed.

“I would’ve cared.”

“But you never had two people in your family die from the same disesase, did you?” Azalea snapped.

“No, but…” Mia was interrupted.

“But what? You may have lost a father, but I lost a mother and a friend!” Azalea wailed. “It makes no difference!”

“We do have things in common though,” the cat pointed out.

“I don’t care!” the red-head screamed. “I don’t care! The point is that I don’t have anyone anymore!”

“You have me.”

Azalea didn’t answer.

“Da- Azalea?”

“What? Why are you still here?” the girl asked. “How come you’re not at home, huh?”

“What’re you talking about?”

“You know what I mean! Just leave me alone! Why don’t you get out of my life?! I should’ve never been your friend. Ever!”

“But Azalea…”

“Don’t ‘but Azalea’ me! Just get out of my sight! I don’t want to see you again!” Azalea sobbed and pointed in the direction of the bus stop.

Mia didn’t dare argue. She felt tears start to leak out from the pain. She obeyed the human and flew off, leaving her alone to drown in her sorrow. “Why Daisy? Why?” Mia heard Azalea cry out.

The cat choked on a sob. “Why Azalea? Why?” she whispered. Mia activated her invisible coat and flew into the cave for the rest of the day.

And there’s the chapter. I got the idea of her having a twin from a girl at my church. She was a twin who also died from a heart condition. That’s where I got the idea.

But otherwise, I’m evil at leaving it like that, huh? And if you’re confused, let me know. And I hope you had tissues near-by before you read it if you’re crying. Well, I’ll see you next week guys! Sorry I couldn’t post earlier. I had to find a graduation dress for Tuesday.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kutie Pie* Please be kind to midgets!

Literate

black cat, black cat
-_- *twitch*...*twitch* Why didn't you PM me?! T^T I missed TWO whole chapters!

*takes deep breath and sighs* Okay, now I'm up-to-date. I'm okay. So onto the review!

Actually, I have nothing to review on. Woot!

'Kay, now. Next time you post a chapter PM me to read it. I don't want to miss more. Okay?

~PEACE~

SpaceFlare

insert custom title
Same here, I missed 2 chapters...

Actually I don't really know what to say, I'm just tired from last night and all.

Hahahabvc87

Always watching...
Had it not been for the new chapter posted a few hours back, I might never have found your fic!

Pokemon living lifestyles similar to humans? Nice twist, but I need some time to adjust to it...

Pretty emotional story, don't you think? Flo finally got her just desserts, though I must say that was a little too much... Poor Mia. Betrayed by both ex-friends, tortured by schoomates and shoved away by Azalea, she's all alone again... I would snap too if I was in her position! By the time Kitty and Tina realize Mia is telling the truth, it may already be too late...

Nice work, Kutie Pie. Hopefully the next chapter will roll around soon enough! ^_^

Demy

Kuite Pie you also didn't PM me

Great as always.

Demy

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Zip-a-dee-doo-da Zip-a-dee-ay!

Hey y'all!

Literate: Gah! You changed your name! *hugs* And you caught this first. You sure are fast! Sorry I couldn't PM you. I had to get off a lot. Yeah... STUPID TIME LIMIT!! Heh heh. And you have nothign to review on? Aw... Oh well! Hopefully you will this time! *hugs*

Lord_sNap: Whoops. *hugs* Sorry about lack of PMs folks. Seriously, time limit stinks. And you were tired... Aw... Sorry. I get tired a lot too. I still am after being woken up a lot on the way to Disneyland and back. Those buses sure are bumpy. XD Thanks for replying though! *hugs*

Hahahabvc87: HI NEW REVIEWER! *hugs* You love the Pokemon living like humans thing, huh? Yeah, I thought it weird. (Just be glad they're I did not make them wearclothes! They're just themselves!) YES I wanted to do that to a character such as Flo. So I did. But hey, it's PG rating. I wanted her to be like that. And you know what, this is based on what happened to me at school (Except for the Flo part, heh. And the ending.). I had to end friendships one too many times. And I've only been tortured by a few schoolmates, but otherwise I'm ignored by everyone. And I think you're about to give away something right there about Kitty and Tina. *winknudge* And the story is emotional. I wasn't really thinking about it when I created this. Thanks for replying! (Wow, long paragraph.) *hugs*

Demy: *hugs* AAAIIIEEE! PARENTS KEEP BUGGING MEEEE! *goes insane and slapped* Okay. Well, anyway... Yep! A good story! Uh... what else should I say... That's it. A lot of short replies. Heh. *hugs*

I'm surprised no one commented on Azalea telling the truth... Hmm... Well, anyway, next chapter right here! Whoop! (And sorry if the chapter name sucks.)

Chapter Nine Kidnapped!

Mia didn't return to the bus-stop until the next day. When she arrived, she received glares and many nasty names. That was how she discovered Flo was announced comatose. Mia felt ashamed about what she did. After her talk with Azalea, she kept on crying whenever she had time to herself.

On Friday, her mother came into Mia's room to find her crying into the pillow. "Honey, what's the matter?" she asked.

Mia looked up startled. "What?"

"Didn't you even hear me?"

"Yes."

"What's wrong then?"

Mia sobbed and at last told Bree about Azalea. She told her about the mysterious departures to visit the forest, how the rabbit was a decoy and even the accident at the bus-stop. All this time, Bree listened to the whole story. "You kept this a secret from me?"

Her daughter wailed some more and nodded. "Yes! I had to keep her a secret! Everyone was hunting her down!"

Surpriseingly, Bree wasn't scowling. "Oh baby, you could've told me. I could've helped."

Mia sniffed. "You would? But you said you would get mad at me."

"Not anymore. See, I did the same thing at your age," her mother confessed, smiling.

Mia was shocked. "Really?"

Bree nodded. "Oh yes. She too ran away, but after a few days and talks, she went home. I never did tell your grandmother until I was married. You should've seen her when I did."

Mia smiled and hugged her mother. "Oh Mom. But I can't even get near her. She hates me now."

"Oh dear." That was when Bree noticed Mia's necklace. "Where'd you get this?"

"Huh? Oh, Azalea gave it to me, back when we were friends..."

"I think it's cute. She wouldn't have given it to you if you weren't her friend."

"You mean...?"

Bree nodded. "If someone gives you something like this, they've announced their friendship. It can never be broken unless she's confisticated it."

"Well, guess I should comfort her then."

"Of course you should." Bree kissed her daughter and sent her off. Mia went back to the cave, but Azalea wasn't there. She looked near the stump, in the apple tree, just about everywhere a young girl could hide. But she was gone.

"I wonder if she's found the lake," Mia muttered, shooting off. The lake was known as Secretive Lake. As it wasn't too far from the Outsiders, humans never discovered it, making it one of the few places on Earth untouched by human activity except for Mount Quena, home of the mysterious Clarity Lake and the mythical Mirage Island. Mia happened to know where Secretive Lake though she's never been near it. It wasn't long before she saw the sparkling waters from between the trees.

Because it was a large lake, Mia took her time scanning the shores. At last she found Azalea near some lily pads, staring at her reflection sadly. Smiling, Mia flew down and went behind Azalea to the point where she could see her. She gasped and turned around. "What're you doing here?" she asked.

Mia could see tears stains on her face and her eyes were duller. The red hair wasn't as bright as she last remembered and the clothes were torn, the flower that had hung on the skirt missing. "I came back to..." Mia couldn't find the word.

"Make fun of me?" the human guessed.

"No, not that. I told my mom and she said..."

"What! You told her? But why?"

"It's okay Azalea. She's done the same thing too. I came back to apologize."

"No, I should. I was being a jerk. I should've never yelled at you. I'm sorry."

"It's okay. Friends... again?" Mia held out her hand.

Azalea stared at it and then to her necklace. She sighed and smiled. "Friends," she agreed, grasping the cat's hands.

"How touching," a voice sneered.

The two gasped and looked up to see a young woman with lime-green hair that curled at the ends at the shoulder, piercing scarlet eyes, blue triangle earrings and a uniform with a red "R" on the front. She also sounded familiar.

"You're Cyndy, aren't you?" blurted out Azalea.

"How'd you know my name?"

"We heard you. Remember? You said you and Greg were being overheard. And you were talking about me and the Outsiders."

"What Outsiders?" Cyndy lied. "Greg, is she telling the truth?" she asked a young man with dark red hair and hazel eyes.

"Well, let's see," he said in his rough voice, "if she's the girl we're looking for, then yes." He then spotted Mia levitating next to the girl and smirked, taking out a Taser. "It looks like we have two prisoners. Shall we take them both to headquarters?"

Cyndy cackled. "The boss'll love that."

Mia and Azalea screamed and ran into the forest as fast as they could. "Oh no! Team Rocket's found us! Mia, go back to the village. Tell them the Rockets are here."

"But I can't leave you here alone," Mia said.

"Just go! I'll be fine!"

Mia sadly nodded. She flew off, but hid in the trees. She watched as Azalea stopped and faced the Rockets. "Hey, where's your friend?" Cyndy asked.

"I'm not telling! Go Venus!" the girl yelled, throwing a red and white sphere Mia recognized as a PokeBall, an object forbidden near the village. In a flash of white, a dinosaur and plant hybrid with a large flower known as a Venasaur appeared.

<Let's dance!> it roared.

Azalea's a Trainer? Mia thought, amazed.

"How cute, you named it," Cyndy scoffed.

"That was her name in the first place!"

"What do you mean?" Greg asked, confused.

"Don't tell me you didn't take PokeSpeech," Azalea said.

"It didn't sound that interesting," the woman said. "But forget about it. Houndoom, go!"

In a flash, a Dark Pokemon with curving horns, a devil-like tail, shackles at the ankles and a menacing growl.

"Vibrava, you're in!" Greg yelled. A Pokemon with partially-formed wings that create powerful vibrations and a dragonfly feature appeared, buzzing angrily.

"Venus, Vine Whip, let's go!" Azalea ordered.

"Not so fast. Houndoom, Flamethrower!"

<Take this, you mutant plant!> it growled. With a deep breath, it shot out powerful flames from its mouth. Venus was slow and was hit face-on.

"Venus, return!" The red-head returned her before more damage could happen and grabbed another ball from her fanny-pack. "Go Minnie!"

In another flash of light, an orange, electric mouse with a long tail that ended in a lightning-bolt shape and a feisty attitude. From its yellow cheeks, sparks shot out. A Raichu.

"That's its name, huh?" Cyndy asked, bored.

"Right! Minnie, Thunder!"

"Quickly Vibrava, while the clouds are forming, use Supersonic!" Greg ordered.

It buzzed and Vibrava brought forth a powerful sound wave that made Azalea cover her ears and Minnie confused. Mia also got the blast and fell out of the tree.

"There's the Outsider!" the man yelled.

"Get it Houndoom!"

"Mia run!"

Mia screamed and barely dodged the Flamethrower as she flew off. "Use Faint Attack!" Cyndy ordered. The Houndoom disappeared at once.

Mia stopped and glanced around quickly, but the dog was no where in sight. <H-H-Here's Doomy!> it cried out from behind. But before Mia could turn around, she was knocked to the ground.

"No! Minnie, protect Mia!" Azalea demanded.

Minnie shook off her confusion and ran off. <I'm on it!>

"Headbutt!"

"Houndoom, Take Down that mouse!"

<So long, mini mouse!> the dog growled, slamming into the Raichu.

"Mia, I'll hold them off! Warn the village!" Azalea shouted.

Mia nodded and flew off, the Houndoom turning its attetnion away from Minnie. <Time for a little cat-mouse chase then,> it snarled, running after her. Mia panicked as she heard the dog behind her. Because of the density of the trees, she couldn't dodge them all and slammed into one.

<Cat pancakes, my favorite!> the Houndoom said, raising its tail where it glowed. <But first, the batter!> It swung the tail and knocked Mia to the ground.

In anger, Mia unleashed a Confusion attack. Thuogh it wasn't very effective, it confused Houndoom, causing it to run into a tree as well. And because Mia's powers hasn't yet developed, she got the blast as well. She shook it off. From behind her, Azalea screamed. "Stay away from me!"

"Come on kid, we need you for interrogation."

The Houndoom disappeared in a beam of red light. Mia flew to a small opening and saw Azalea struggling to free herself from the Rockets.

"Come on kid, we'll release you once we get the Outsiders," Greg said, trying to throw her into the jeep.

"No! I'll never tell you!"

"Oh you will, or your friends are history," Cyndy said helping the man.

"What do you mean?"

"Oh Sunday, everyone's coming to the village to look for you. And they'll have weapons."

"Lies, all lies!"

"Come with us then, stay for a few days, come back and you'll be sorry you called us liars," Greg grunted, trying to dodge Azalea's punches and kicks as he snatched the fanny-pack and stuffed it in a bag.

"Oh just stun her Greg."

"Fine." He took out the Taser and started to charge it.

"You can't use that on me! It's illegal!" Azalea gasped.

"And illegal's our middle name," Cyndy said. "Ready Greg? Make sure it's working this time."

The man nodded and aimed. Luckily for Azalea, it jammed and Cyndy started yelling. The red-head escaped from her grasp and started to run. But Cyndy threw a ring-like object that clamped itself around the girl, making her stumble. That was when she sensed someone watching. Someone she knew...

"Mia, use the song!" she yelled.

"What's she talking about?" Greg asked.

"Hurry up Pyro-boy!" Cyndy growled.

Mia racked her brain for the words seeing as she figured out the title, but nothing came up. She should've written down the lyrics.

"Hurry Mia!"

"There, fixed," Greg announced, charging and aiming it.

"Please Mia... Save me..."

"Fire it now Greg!"

He nodded and fired, hitting Azalea in the arm. She screaming as hundreds of volts were zapped into her. Mia gasped as she turned to face her friend to see her unconsious. "I'm coming Azalea!" she cried out, flying into the open.

"Stun it too," the woman said. "We'll come for it later."

Greg charged the Taser as Mia got ready to power up an attack. But she wasn't quick enough. The man fired and the Taser hit her in the chest. She screamed as loud as Azalea did and blacked out.

I'm evil, aren't I, leaving a cliff-hanger like that? Now you know more about the villains here. They're just a ruthless as Domino was. Remember, this was years before Mewtwo came along. But Giovanni had just become leader of Team Rocket. Domino doesn't come along for a while. So these are the ruthless ones.

And since I have a feeling people'll ask about the Pokemon, Azalea is a Trainer. And because having the Pokemon talk in their names is boring, I decided to have them "talk". Of course, I think Azalea being a trainer must've confused people anyway, so... I won't talk more about it until there are more questions.

Well, see you next week! And I can't PM people now. I have to get off. See you next week though, and I apologize.

~~~~~~~~
*Kutie Pie* Please be kind to midgets!

Literate

black cat, black cat
Hello again! ^_^

I found something:
Surprisingly, Bree wasn't scowling. "Oh baby, you could've told me. I could've helped."
No e in there.

Well, I hardly comment on things but I read it. But what is a Taser?

Bye for now!

~PEACE~

Sarukarisha

Retiring
...I haven't visited this place for quite awhile. But it's SUMMER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Anyways great job kutie pie. Your story is good. And your grammar has improved. But don't expect me to correct it. I am worse than you are! *smiles*
7/10

Though he was considered muscular, he's been rumored one too many times he takes steroids.

that was increadibly funny.

Thanks Ha...

Poor Mia and Azalea. If team rocket is like jessie and james they will give mia to the boss or screw up but they probally will use Mia to take over the world...

Last edited:

Hahahabvc87

Always watching...
Off topic:
A taser is a small gun which fires a strong electrical charge, temporarily disabling the unfortunate target.

Yes, you can quote in quick reply. jut type [ quote]insert text here[ /quote] without the spaces between the "quote" or "/quote" and the "[]". But most people are too lazy to do that and just highlight the text and click on the "quote" button in the quick reply box. It's the one that looks like a speech bubble. XP

Sarukarisha, I can't see your pictures either. I'll PM you with details about your sig.

Back on topic:

Oh no, they both got caught... Mia got the "exam syndrome" and forgot the song... I hate it when that happens. X_X

Oh my, a Houndoom with puns. What a strange combination, seeing as they are usually portrayed to be bloodthirsty dogs from hell...

Good cliffhanger :) I wonder what will happen when they are both in the team Rocket base?

Gahahaha, I spotted some mistakes too!

She screaming as hundreds of volts were zapped into her.
"Screamed"

"Oh Sunday, everyone's coming to the village to look for you. And they'll have weapons."
"On"

Awaiting the next chapter with glee! :D

EDIT: Oh noes, someone rated this one star without even saying why. Another phantom of monostar... sigh...

Last edited:

Demy

that is a great chapter Kutie Pie, one of my fav, so far.

Poor Daisy who was kiddnapped by aTR.

Wounder what happens next time on " The Battle for Friendship " cuts theme music

Demy