• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle for Friendship (PG)

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
*runs in forums in flames* AAUUGGH! FIREY CHAPTER!

Oh look! A new reviewer and it's time for replies! SQUEE! *hugs*

Literate: First one again, huh? *hugs* You should celebrate here. ANd it's okay, I'm allowing that, as long as there's no spam. *grins*

Sarukarisha: Hiya new reviewer! *hugs* Whoop! Summer! *parties and is tripped by Cheeky* Yeah, my grammar's getting better! *huggles lap-top* Finally got one! But I don't have Internet on it ;_;. Hey! That's the quote from chapter four! You thought it funny, huh? Well, steroids isn't funny! /serious/ And NO, they're NOT Jessie and James. They come several years later. In fact, this is the year Ash is born. Seriously, it's ten years before *ahem* Mewtwo is born. So... MIA'S THE MEW! *cackles and is shot* Thanks for replying! *adds to Pm list and hugs*

Hahahabvc87: Thanks for saying you were going off-topic. *hugs* Yes, I hate it when I forget songs too. Especially when I'm singing in the shower and everyone can hear me. :redface: *embarrassed* Uh, the Houndoom with the puns was, uh, random. I was originally going to make them growl and roar until I remembered that Azalea took PokéSpeech and could understand them. (And Mia, don't forget, she was chased.) *cackles* EVIL CLIFFHANGER! HA HA HA*SHOT* And next chapter is the Team Rocket base. The old one, ha ha. (Doesn't explode like with Mewtwo, though. *blows up small model*) *gasps* SOMEONE RATED THIS ONE STAR?! *goes off to hunt evil person* Oh, thanks for replying! *hugs*

Demy: Hi! *hugs* Ha ha, favorite chapter! *strikes pose* I strike again! *in Mr. Burn's voice secretly* Excellent. *notices stares* Sorry. Ahem. Theme music? Oooohh... COOL! Now, to figure out what the music'll sound like... Thanks for that idea! ANd thanks for replying! *hugs*

Okay, new chapter! This one is short again. Just wanted to warn you. And sorry for not PM'ing people. I had to get off... So... here it is! Next chapter'll be even better. With a new cliffhanger (I think) next chapter. I'm so evil... Er I mean, I'm so nice. ^^; Heh... ROLL FILM! *runs off*
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Chapter Ten: Rescue Mission

Mia woke up to some voices above her. She recognized a few of them and some faces from the glare of the sun. From the crowd, she could see Bree along with Tristan and groaned.

“Honey, what happened?” Bree asked.

“They… got her,” Mia said slowly. “Azalea… must find…”

“Azalea? Who’s this ‘Azalea’ you’re talking about?” Tristan inquired suspiciously.

“Team Rocket… kidnapped…”

“What do you mean Mia? What happened here?” her mother wondered worriedly.

“Team Rocket… they got her…”

“Team Rocket’s got a girl?” Tristan repeated out-loud.

Once Team Rocket was mentioned, panic spread through the crowd along with a few screams.

“Team Rocket? Here?!”

“If they find us, we’re done for!”

“I bet this Azalea person had something to do with it!”

“Hey, I think that’s the girl we’ve been looking for!”

“Honey, is this true?” Bree asked softly. “Has Azalea been kidnapped?”

Mia nodded weakly. “Paralyzed her… and me.”

Tristan was shocked to hear this. “Bree, are you saying your daughter knows the girl?”

She sighed. “It’s true.”

“How come you didn’t tell any of us this, girl?!” the leader barked at Mia, startling her. “Don’t you have any idea that humans are dangerous? Making friends with them is wrong!”

The small cat sat up quickly. “That’s not true! Yes, humans can be dangerous, but she’s only twelve, a child! Children would never hurt anyone!”

“Yes, but when they grow up, they become those Rockets,” the Hariyama said. “And betrayal is the big cause of why we’re Outsiders!”

Mia’s eyes welled up. “Well, she’s still a friend! She may have lied to me, but it was because she was frightened! It’s only adult humans who cause the trouble, not kids!”

Tristan refused to believe her. “I think you should come with me young lady,” he requested angrily.

Mia looked at her mother horrified. “You should go,” was her answer. Mia sighed and followed Tristan to his office.

~~:[]: :[]:~~

“You kept this secret for almost two weeks and now we’re all doomed?!” roared the leader.

Mia had been sobbing while telling her story. The yelling made her cry even harder. “Y-Yes!” she wailed. “I didn’t mean to! I just wanted t-to protect her because everyone was mean to her a-and her mother and twin d-died from the same disease! She was l-lonely like I was, only she didn’t fight s-someone into a coma!” She then couldn’t say anything else and bawled into her hands.

Tristan thawed after hearing Mia’s reason. “So she’s your friend?”

Mia nodded, still crying into her hands. “I’d do a-anything to being her back!”

“Then you’d let her go.”

Mia looked back up in shock. “What?”

“Friends don’t always stay friends forever,” he explained. “They sometimes fall apart and they don’t visit nor call anymore. You must always respect your friends. But sometimes, when things get in the way of it, you sometimes fight, or, in other cases, agree to break up the friendship. I’ve seen it happen many times. However, there are those few cases where the one person decides to give up their friendship, but not tell the other until they ask. From there, horrible heartbreaks occur. That’s what happened to you. Your friends, Tina and Kitty, gave you up for many reasons.”

“Yeah. They said I was always thinking about the war and that I was weird. I found that out on the first day of school.” Mia stared at her lap, ashamed. “Now they hate me even more.”

“Well, didn’t Flo bribe them?”

“I’m sure she did, but saying that got me in this situation in the first place. Why did my friends leave me? I did nothing wrong, except for a couple of fights.”

“It was their choice. It happens, like I said.”

Mia stayed silent, thinking about what he said. She thought back to the day they met. Mia was just a tiny kitten in preschool then, always playing in the sandbox. One day, in the middle of the year, a small Ralts asked Mia if she could help build a castle. She agreed and soon a small Skitty came up to assist. Together, they created a normal sandcastle. But from it, they also built a friendship. Mia wasn’t yet thinking about the war then. And every day until recently, they were friends. Until Azalea came…

“I’m going to let you go home now,” Tristan said.

“But what about Azalea?” Mia asked. “I have to go save her.”

“In order to do that, you must give her back to her family in the end.”

“But then she’ll refuse. She said she ran away because of the lack of Pokemon. She loves the village. But because of me, Team Rocket’s captured her and are probably torturing her. They’ll kill her even if she’s telling the truth about us or not.” When she said those words, Mia had a sick feeling in her heart Azalea was already in danger.

“If you wish to save her, you must do it by sunrise on Sunday or we’ll perish,” Tristan explained. “It’s your choice, but a…”

“Hobson’s choice,” Mia finished. “If I stay, we die. If I get Azalea, I might die. But if I survive, I have to give her up or we die.”

The Hariyama nodded sadly. “It’s your choice.”

Mia thought about it. Death has always been awful, even if it was in peace. But to give up a precious thing was worse. Her voice full of sorrow, Mia sighed,” I’m going to rescue her. And when I get back, I’ll… let her go.”

“A wise choice,” Tristan said, oblivious there was a pause. “I suggest you get going right now while there’s still time. I’ll let Bree know where you are. I wish you luck young one. Be brave and please try to avoid Team Rocket as much as possible. If they capture you, they’ll torture you into a fighting machine. If they proceed to, fight for your life and Azalea’s.” He gave her a salute. “Godspeed Mia. Godspeed.”

“Thanks Tristan,” Mia said, returning the salute. She then flew out of the office window and into the forest. Mia went back to the crime-scene to find the tire tracks. It went West, straight towards the forbidden lands where humans were believe to thrive. She followed the racks like a Growlithe following a random human home, praying that Azalea was okay.

Okay, I don't have much to say except that this time, everyone'll be PM'ed! Whoop! Well, see you next week! Bye!

~~~~~~~~~~~~
*Kutie Pie* Please be kind to midgets!

Hahahabvc87

Always watching...
First reply :)

Okay now, that was a little short, and mostly talking at that. Looks like Mia's caught in quite a dilemma!

“I’m sure she did, but saying that got me in this situation in the first place. Why did my friends leave me? I did nothing wrong, except for a couple of fights.”

“It was their choice. It happens, like I said.”
“Hobson’s choice,” Mia finished. “If I stay, we die. If I get Azalea, I might die. But if I survive, I have to give her up or we die.”

Forced to leave friends, and yet unforced friends leave her too... Life for her is sad >_<

Monostar is undeserved. New vote coming in!

Demy

yay what a dilemma! I think there is something here that Tristan isen't telling us.

great chapter as always :)

Demy

Literate

black cat, black cat
Back again.... *grins evily* And you know what that means.... *evil glint in eye*

I found somethin'!
Mia nodded, still crying into her hands. “I’d do a-anything to bring her back!”
It just stuck out a lot.... I wonder why no one noticed it.

Anyways, it is better. I want to see what you're going from this. >.> That's why I'm reading. ^.^

Literate: First one again, huh? *hugs* You should celebrate here. ANd it's okay, I'm allowing that, as long as there's no spam. *grins*
'Kay, the first time I read that I misinterpreted. >.< I'm so stupid! I thought you were greeting me and stuffs. I got confussed.... Well, you were. But I took it the other way.

And this time I'm not first. I wasn't feeling well so I was off the computer this entire afternoon. (And started to read Harry Potter again. >.> It annoys me how it's so addicting...)

~PEACE~

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Update Update!

Let's see... *counts* FOUR REPLIES! *hugs*

Hahahabvc87: Hiya! *hugs* Heh heh, first post, huh? And yes, Mia is in a dilemma! And yes, Mia has a horrible life right now. Bu we'll see what happens in a couple of chapters, huh? And Monostar shall never prevail! *cackles* Thanks for replying! *hugs*

Demy: Hi! *hugs* Dilemmas are fun XD. Well, Tristan doesn't have anything to hide. Trust me, he doesn't. Otherwise, he would've told a story here. But he has nothing to hide. *hugs*

Literate: *gasp* Caught up in Harry Potter! *hugs* ZOMG NOT TEH EVIL GLINT! *faints and is revived by Cheeky* Stupid spell-check! I thought Word would catch that. Oh! You were reading Just to see what's happening, huh? Well take this! Thanks for replying anyway! *hugs*

Sarukarisha: Hiya! *hugs* Like I said to Demy, Tristan has nothing to hide. And yes! The hearts are gone! *wails* I love the hearts... Curse you keyboard! Thanks for replying, though you don't have much to say. *hugs*

Okay, I'm focusing more on Azalea here. And yes, the title sucks. Now, another villain enters here. *gasp* Who can it be?! (You know anyway, heh. He was due in the story anyway.)

Chapter Eleven: The Hide-Out

The sun had started to set when Mia noticed the tracks were slowly disappearing as they went through thicker grass. She slowly started getting frustrated. No matter what others said, she couldn’t see well at night and the tracks were lost. She sighed and looked up into the sky. “Oh Azalea,” she said, “I wish I could remember the song, but I only heard it once. I’m useless without you.”

Mia again glanced up at the stars later on from a cave. From there she spotted Polaris, the North Star. She had learned it would always lead the way home a few years back. Mia had been hiking through the woods and lost the trail. There was only a crescent moon, so she couldn’t find a pathway from above. She was about to give up when Polaris caught her attention. After following it, she returned safely to camp.

However, if Mia was to ever follow it at that moment, it would only lead her home and not to Azalea. She didn’t want to give up hope she would meet up with her. Silently, the young Mew cried as she thought about the event of her friend dying in the hands of the Rockets.

A while back before Mia was found by the other Outsiders, Azalea woke up in a strange room. She saw she couldn’t move because of the handcuffs around her wrists and ankles chaining her to the wall. Azalea was starting to panic. Last thing she remembered was when the Rockets stunned her with a Taser.

The only things in the room was a window, benches and torture weapons. When Azalea glanced out of the window, she could only see the trees. Something must’ve harmed Mia, but she could only guess. Maybe she should use the song…

The sound of footsteps caught Azalea’s attention. She looked up to see Cyndy coming in. She had on a smirk as she strolled over to her prisoner. “So you’re finally awake.”

“What happened to Mia?” Azalea growled.

“What?”

“What’d you do to my friend?”

“You mean that pink friend of yours?” Cyndy asked. “Well, we stunned it too.”

“You evil witch!” the red-head gasped.

The woman smirked her poisonous smile. “Evil now, am I? Well, if you want your friend, we’re sending henchmen over there to fetch her if the Outsiders didn’t get to her first. Speaking of which, where are they?”

Azalea was afraid of this. Because they were in a room with murderous weapons, she knew she would be tortured by on. “What choices do I have?” she asked.

“Not many,” Cyndy said. “One: Tell us where the Outsiders are and you live. Two: Lies will get you nowhere. Three: It’s the same as reason two, yet worse. What do you think?”

“Those are Hobson’s choices,” Azalea said. “And they’re awful privileges, not choices.”

“You’re a smart little girl, with the exception of the running away from home. So where are the Outsiders?”

“I refuse to tell you their locations,” the red-head growled. Cyndy scowled and smacked her across the face.

“I’ll be back later,” she said. “And you better be telling the truth.” She stormed out and slammed the door. Filled with pain and sorrow, Azalea wept through the afternoon.

Mia tried to sleep, but she couldn’t. Everytime she closed her eyes, disturbing images flashed in her mind. Mia wasn’t sure what was causing this, but it prevented her from falling asleep. She clutched her necklace and thought hard about what the song was, but she could only identify a few lyrics.

“I can’t just stay here, knowing my friend’s in trouble,” she told herself. “I need to keep going.”

Thankful there was a moon out, Mia shot off into the darkness.

Azalea tried to sleep once night fell, but failed. It figured she would. Ever since her twin had died, she has never had any true rest. Another reason was the Rockets. They have been known to torture their victims to insanity if death wasn’t available. Sighing, Azalea tried to fall asleep when voices reached her ears.

“Well, did you find it?” Cyndy’s voice asked.

“The body wasn’t there,” came Greg’s voice. “We saw other footprints, but the Houndoom lost the scent. It seems they got to it before us.”

“We need that Outsider!”

“As long as we have the brat, we don’t need it.”

“I’ve tried three times already. She’s refusing to speak.”

“I should try,” Greg suggested. “She’s not asleep, is she?”

“Who cares,” Cyndy scoffed, walking off. Azalea quickly shut her eyes when Greg came into the room.

“Wake up brat!” he shouted.

Azalea pretended to be half-asleep. “Gosh, I’m asleep! Go away!”

“Nice try, but you can’t fool me. Now, where are the Outsiders? Don’t make me use this!” Greg pulled out a rifle and aimed at her head.

With a gasp, the red-head fainted at the sight of gun. Groaning, the man threw the un-loaded weapon into a corner and left. “Did it work?” the woman asked once he closed the door.

“I over-did it again,” was the answer.

“You brain-dead git! How many times do I have to tell you, only use weapons as a last resort!” she growled. “We never use them as a second, third, even tenth resort for corn’s sake! Always last!”

“Why in the world would you worship corn?” Greg said. “It doesn’t sound right.”

“What, but… I was… Oooh, you’re so lucky I’m not going to rip your head off! Now come on, we need to contact the Boss.”

Snatching his wrist, Cyndy dragged her partner into another room. Flipping on the light, the woman pressed a button to activate the screen in front of them. A man in shadow appeared on screen. Next to him was a cream-colored cat with three whiskers on each side of his face and a red jewel in the middle of the forehead. “What do you want?” he demanded rudely in a European accent.

“We were wondering if you could come tomorrow,” Greg said.

“Why?”

“We got a little girl who has the Outsiders’ location, but she’s not telling,” Cyndy explained.

“I’ll come by in the afternoon,” he said. “If she’s the wrong girl, I’ll have to fire you two.”

“One question Sir.”

“Yes Greg?”

“Are we allowed to worship corn here?” he asked, getting a glare from Cyndy.

The man just growled and broke the connection. Greg squeaked with fright and dashed off before his companion could crack her knuckles.

Mia woke up in the middle of a field once the sun rose. She must have fallen asleep without knowing. “Okay, note to self: No more night searches,” she grumbled, getting up off the ground.

Se stretched for a few minutes before continuing onward. She only had until tomorrow to find Azalea, or she fails. Occasionally, the young Mew got lost and had to search around for jeep tracks. After a few hours, Mia came into a clearing where a large building stood, guards walking around the doors, often bumping into each other. Rocket Grunts.

She quickly made herself invisible and flew silently around the building, peeking into windows. Many of them were from dormitories, but they were all empty. After glancing into several windows in the back building, Mia gasped suddenly as she peeked into the last room.

Azalea stirred once the sunlight hit her face. When she accustomed to the light, she peeked outside. If it was morning, the sky wouldn’t be that bright. She sighed, wondering why her captors didn’t come to interrogate her.

When the door opened, Azalea glared at the two Rockets. “We have a visitor for you,” Cyndy said.

“I don’t trust you,” Azalea growled.

“Well too bad. She’s ready for you Boss,” Greg called, smirking.

A man walked in and stopped in front of the prisoner. He was a well-groomed man with a fancy, red suit, spit-shine shoes and slick, brown hair. What was unpleasant about him was the way he smirked, his dark eyes glaring her to paralysis.

“Who’re you?” Azalea growled.

“My name is Giovanni, the leader of Team Rocket,” he introduced himself. “And I came to ask you a few questions.”

“Let me guess: You want the location of the Outsiders.”

“That’s one of them.”

“I refuse to answer that.”

“All right then. Now, who was the Outsider you were with?” Giovanni asked.

“I can’t tell you. She’s a very special friend of mine.”

The leader smirked, noticing the necklace. “Are those the magical necklaces I’ve heard so much about? They look ancient.”

“My grandfather got this and another one at a market one year. They’re friendship necklaces.”

“I see. Last question: Do you think you can escape the wrath of Giovanni?”

Greg groaned. “Not this question again.”

“Shut up!” Cyndy hissed.

Azalea was stumped. She didn’t know what the boss did, so the real answer never came. Taking a deep breath, she answered, “With my new friend by my side, I’m sure I can.”

Giovanni smiled. “Interesting. Well, it was nice meeting you… for the last time.”

Azalea gasped. “What do you mean?”

Laughing, he revealed a gun from behind his back, loaded and ready to fire. “Last chance, where are the Outsiders?”

“I’ll never tell you!” she shouted. “I’d rather take that answer to the grave!”

Giovanni chuckled. “Nice answer. Too bad you’re about to eat those words.” He was about to pull the trigger when something crashed through the window.

Muah ha ha! Cliffhanger! I'm so eville. >:3

Okay, I have a request for you all! Do you all want a sequel to this? I want to know since I started one. (A third done with the story, heh.) And please, I want some answers. Cause I need your permission first before I can do a sequel. The title will be called...

-

-

-

Finding the Golden Rule

That's the title. But I want your permission to see if you want to see the sequel.

Well, I better get going. See you all later! *hugs and passes out cookies*

~~~~~~~~~~
*Kutie Pie* Please be kind to midgets!

Literate

black cat, black cat
Hello again! ^.^

You know why I'm here. ^.^

“One question, Sir.”

“Yes, Greg?”
Missed those commas. You need them if you're addressing someone.
“Well too bad. She’s ready for you, Boss,” Greg called, smirking.
Yeah, here too.
She stretched for a few minutes before continuing onward.

Yeah, and about the request, I would read it. Hey, I read anything. :p

~PEACE~

Shadows Follower

Well if your work for the next is the same (or more likely better) than I would like a sequel.

Why must you taunt me with a cliffhanger! Now I must wait to see if my fav chars get out of it ok! Keep up the good work.

Sarukarisha

Retiring
Wow really good work. I did catch something this time but Literate caught it first... I would read a sequel by you anyday. Maybe not on my birthday or Christmas though... Anyways if you decide to post one just pm me please! Giovanni... wait err lost it. OMG I think Flo will be Mia's friend in the end... Maybe.

Demy

yes do a squeal to The Battle for Friendship

why the cliff-hanger !!!!!!!!!!!!!

great chapter as always Kutie Pie

Demy

SpaceFlare

insert custom title
Wow! Nice work here. Also the cliffhanger makes me itch with excitement.

As for the request, I'd definitely like to see a sequel. Just PM me when it's up. :p

Hahahabvc87

Always watching...
So, the end is near...

A quote from post 46:
(So basically, Mia's the Mew today.)
I hope you can answer the question of how Mia became Mewtwo's origin!

And a few parts of the story I liked:

“Nice try, but you can’t fool me. Now, where are the Outsiders? Don’t make me use this!” Greg pulled out a rifle and aimed at her head.

With a gasp, the red-head fainted at the sight of gun. Groaning, the man threw the un-loaded weapon into a corner and left. “Did it work?” the woman asked once he closed the door.

“I over-did it again,” was the answer.
Plan backfire!!

“Are we allowed to worship corn here?” he asked, getting a glare from Cyndy.
XDDD CORN!!

The leader smirked, noticing the necklace. “Are those the magical necklaces I’ve heard so much about? They look ancient.”

“My grandfather got this and another one at a market one year. They’re friendship necklaces.”
o_O And he believed that!?

Giovanni chuckled. “Nice answer. Too bad you’re about to eat those words.” He was about to pull the trigger when something crashed through the window.
Cliffhanger! But this one doen't really have a very strong "suspense" effect... I wonder why? ~_^

Anyway, go for a sequel if you feel like it! I totally support yor decision on this!

katiekitten

The Compromise
I caught up! *boogies* XD

As good as always! I like where this story is going... There are a few problems, though. Wouldn't the Rockets have carried Mia off? She can't be that heavy... Or at least try to catch her? She was knocked out... But that is just me. :)

I really do pity Mia. She does seem to have some abrupt mood swings, doesn't she? Same with Daisy/Azeala. XD Sorry, I is a little tired. Katie is up past midnight. >.< I'll give you a proper review later...

Byees!

Edit: >.< Talk about typos...

Wells, I is sane now. :) This is looking very good, as I said before. A quick question, though. Why would the leader allow Mia to go? Don't worry, it is only a small thing. :)

Keep up the good work!

Last edited:

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
*alarm* Next chapter approaches! *SSMB mode*

ZOMG SEVEN REPLIES! :eek:

Literate: Hallo again! *hugs* The stupid spell/grammar-check refused that. So the commas were deleted. Yeah... And it's pretty dumb, yep. Check one for a sequel! Thanks for reviewing! *hugs*

Shadows Follower: OMIGOSH YOU'RE HERE!! *squeals and hugs* Another point for sequel! >:3 Muah ha ha! I'm ebil for having a cliffhanger! *cackles* Thanks for replying after a couple of *gasp* months. *hugs*

Sarkarisha: Hi! *hugs* ANOTHER POINT FOR SEQUEL! And will Flo be Mia's friend after she gets out of a coma? We shall see. Doh! You lost something for Giovanni! Darn. Thanks for replying! *hugs*

Demy: Hi! *hugs* POINT FOUR FOR SEQUEL! And the cliffhanger? I'm ebil, that's why. >:3 Rawr! Ha ha ha! Thankies for "voting" and replying! *hugs*

Lord_sNap: Hiya! *hugs* SEQUEL AGAIN! And yes, the cliffhanger is itchy. And don't worry, I will PM you. ^_~ Why should I have my readers pull their hair out trying to find it? Thanks! *hugs*

Hahahabvc87: Hiya! *hugs* Yes, the end is near. ;_; And Mia being Mewtwo's origin? Err... *goes back to re-read question* If you were hoping it would be explained in the fic, sorry. Won't be explained. The plan back-fire was definately put into the story. The "worshiping corn" joke was put in at the last minute. *been watching too much SpongeBob* And YES, Giovanni believed the story. He's heard of them. And the cliffhanger was because I'm evil. Yep. And another point for sequel! Thanks for replying! *hugs*

katiekitten: Yay! You caught up! *hugs and joins in boogie* The Rockets (being idiots they were) wanted to come back for Mia later. And mood swings? I don't remember that... Oh oh! Sort of. She's emotional. Been up past midnight. I stayed up till FOUR one time. I was drawing and writing a one-shot I'm planning on posting one day. (Warning: Do not read if you hate Mewshipping!) And the leader let Mia go because... Well, the reason why will be exlpained here, but it refers to all of the Outsiders. Thanks for replying! *hugs*

Okay, I would've updated earlier, but my brothers were on, mom had to do something for our Family Home Evening this afternoon (everyone's here, we're just eating) so yeah. Here's chapter twelve! We got this, two more and an epilogue before we're *gasp* done. And then the sequel since majority rules. Enjoy this short (Sorry about that) chapter. And yes, I know the title sucks. Just bear with me.
Chapter Twelve: The Escaping Truth

Mia gasped at what she saw. Cyndy and Greg were there along with Azalea and a new man she has never seen. He was talking to her and she could sense there was something wrong with the way he had his hands behind his back. A few moments later, the man revealed the hidden item: a gun aimed for Azalea’s head.

Mia turned away in horror. She had to do something to stop him, but there was only one way to get inside without depleting her energy. Taking a deep breath, Mia flew as for back as possible and darted towards the window, shattering it. Everyone looked towards its direction to see a small pink cat appear out of thin air.

“Mia! You came!” Azalea cried.

The Mew flew in front of the gun, standing between it and Azalea’s head. “Back away from my friend.”

“Ah ha! You lied!” Greg exclaimed, pointing a shaky finger at the girl. “You do know an Outsider! You should be punished!”

Giovanni did nothing except keep the weapon aimed at Mia. “So, decided to save your friend at the last second, huh?”

She glared. “Why do you need us Outsiders? We did nothing to you.”

“We needed you to lure the other Pokemon to your place. Then, when the people arrive, the war would continue, but in a bloody battle. In the end, humans will rule the world!” he cackled.

“But the battle would begin if you were to bring all Pokemon together,” Mia said. “The humans would only attack the village. The others haven’t allowed us to rejoin yet. You’re out of out luck.”

Giovanni smiled. “Oh, but you are the back-up for the other Pokemon. You’ve all been split in half. If one half is destroyed, the other would take its place. Your group is the most powerful out of all of the others. This is why we planned to get rid of the Outsiders to weaken the other Pokemon.”

The truth hit Mia like the one bullet would if fired. She had no idea they were the strongest out of all Pokemon. She had been worried about the war when all of this time they could win it. But then, why didn’t they do anything, instead letting the other half take the casualties?

“Are you wondering about why your village is trying to avoid the war?” he asked, noticing the look on the Mew’s face. Without waiting for her answer, he explained, “You’re all peace-makers. That’s why the village is separated from the fighters. They can’t have Poke-hippies running around, throwing flowers in everyone’s faces. Seeing as humanity had the thirst for control for thousands of years, all of the creatures became frightened and turned into enemies.

“Only half of these were the ones that caused horrible tragic attacks. The other only hid from the world. But when kids started forming ideas to have little friends, the timid ones started to open their hearts for the humans. Only the vicious ones kept away from the villages. They grew more violent as humans continued to migrate across the land, which is why they hate us all.

“Eventually a massacre happened, destroying several villages. Anger and destruction spread through out the land, causing a war of control between man and beast. All of the men sent off to war are actually battling the Pokemon they all love. Many never return from these violent battles. This is why I’m aiming to be the hero. By destroying the peace-makers, I’ll end up in control over the other half.”

“So you have to basically destroy all life on Earth just to gain control,” Mia growled, clenching her fists in disgust.

The Rocket Boss laughed. “Yes, it’s a big price to pay. But this was why Team Rocket was created in the first place. It’s a new Ku Klux Klan for Pokemon. Do you remember the man from the story? He was the Father of Team Rocket. Though he was executed, his followers spread across the world, teaching young children to hunt, kill and destroy.”

“I can’t believe this is happening,” Azalea spoke up. “I should’ve known Team Rocket was more than just an organization that uses Pokemon as machines. I should’ve paid more attention to the signs they showed.” Mia could tell her voice was starting to shake with sobs.

Giovanni turned and pointed the gun at her, but Mia flew in front of it. He kept moving it from place to place before noticing her strange behavior. “So, you’re going to risk your life to save her?” he asked.

The cat nodded. “Yes. She’s my friend. I must protect her.”

“Well, I only have one bullet, so if you want, I will shoot.”

“Mia, please don’t do this!” the red-head begged.

The young Mew turned around to face Azalea. “I must. It’s the only way.”

“No it isn’t. You can’t just give up your life for me.”

“It’s the only way,” Mia repeated. Tears forming in her eyes, she hugged her friend with a tight grip.

“Mia… I’ll miss you.”

“Oh, how touching,” Giovanni said sarcastically, wiping away a fake tear. “I’m crying already. But I think it’s because I can only enjoy this once. So guess I should go ahead and kill you. So long Outsider!” Moreover, he aimed for her spine and fired.

At the last second, Mia formed a force field around her and Azalea, deflecting the bullet back to Giovanni, who dodged in time. Azalea smiled at her friend. “You were bluffing, weren’t you?”

“I sure was,” she smiled. “Now let’s get you out of here!” Using a few attempts with Shadow Balls, the shackles shattered. Nodding, Mia faced the Rockets. “Leave us and my village alone!”

“Not until I get that power!” he shouted. “I must get it!”

“It’s important for us!”

“Boss, what shall we do?” Cyndy asked in a panicked voice.

“Stop them!”

Mia blasted a hole in the wall, using her telekinesis to levitate Azalea up next to her. “Now let’s go warn the others!” she said. They shot off to the village while Team Rocket ran around the building to get ready to leave.

“Mark my words, Outsiders, you shall pay for this!” the Boss yelled, shaking his fist at them. “You hear me? I shall have my revenge! You’ll see!”

“Boss, we can always have revenge some other day you know,” Greg said, stepping up to him.

“Shut up, or I’ll fire you!”

“Oh, and I wanted to tell you something.”

“What?”

Saluting, he reported, “We got the weapons all ready. We’re ready to go at your command.”

Giovanni tried his best to keep from yelling at him. Smirking, he said, “Good work. I won’t fire you for that. Now, let’s go after that Mew! The sooner I get rid of her, the sooner the Outsiders die!”
Hey hey! Looks like another cliffhanger! WHOOP! Well, I better get off. Family's here. So I'll just throw these pies at you all and PM you. I'll be back on later. Just look for me, heh heh. *throws pies to readers where they hit the face* O_O; Oops. ^^; Uh... I forgot your forks. Err... AAAUUGGHHHH! *chased away*

~~~~~~~
*Kutie Pie* SPARE TEH MIDGET!

katiekitten

The Compromise
*is hit by pie* XD

That was a good chappy. :) Short, but sweet. Not another cliff hanger?!? XD

...Wells, not much to say about this. Keep up the good work!

Literate

black cat, black cat
*licks pie off face* Ohh, custard.

Well, I didn't really understand that much but I think... OKay, I do, I was just joking. ^.^

Loved this part:
They can’t have Poke-hippies running around, throwing flowers in everyone’s faces.
^.^ And this time not much grammar mistakes.

~PEACE~

Hahahabvc87

Always watching...
Meat pie...yummy!
Short chapter, but seeing as you're nearing the end it is to be expected.

“Boss, we can always have revenge some other day you know,” Greg said, stepping up to him.
XD That's not a very smart thing to say to an angry boss!

Hopefully le grande finale will be around the corner soon!

Demy

pie gose all over my face, then I lick it off,, mmm, curry I liked it when Mia used a few shadow balls.

you meany another cliffhanger ):

Demy

Demy

Pie goes all over face, CURRY mmm, my fav, it was very brave of Mia to put herself between the gun and Azalea, Also I liek it when Mira used a few shadow balls to reke the place.

Demy

Sarukarisha

Retiring
Common Demy. You know not to double post. *Scolds and throws another pie!*

As for you Kutie pie... I don't get it. Giovanni is incredibly stupid. But anyways good chapter(Definitely not your best). I don't think you made any mistakes (spell check).