• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle For The Badge! (063)

KyogreThunder

Call of Fate
Liked the episode. It was funny to see Ash getting blocked by the guards. Mewtwo appearing was very mysterious. I loved how Ash refused to give up despite being shocked repeatedly.
9.5/10

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
He was dumb for that honestly lol. He didn't realize how rare Togepi was, so he missed out on a huge treasure. :p

It wasn't Giovanni's fault tho. Togepi was a newly discovered pokemon around the time that Jessie and James showed it to him, so he couldn't have known that Togepi was special. Togepi looked so harmless and babyish any ways hee hee. ^^;

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
It wasn't Giovanni's fault tho. Togepi was a newly discovered pokemon around the time that Jessie and James showed it to him, so he couldn't have known that Togepi was special. Togepi looked so harmless and babyish any ways hee hee. ^^;

But the fact that he hadn't seen a Togepi before is exactly why he should've known that it was rare, hence why he should've kept it. :/

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
But the fact that he hadn't seen a Togepi before is exactly why he should've known that it was rare, hence why he should've kept it. :/

Hmmm well I guess that is true. Still Togepi was an infant pokemon with not much to offer Giovanni any ways, so him rejecting it made sense. He didn't know that Togepi would eventually gain strong Metronome powers.

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
Hmmm well I guess that is true. Still Togepi was an infant pokemon with not much to offer Giovanni any ways, so him rejecting it made sense. He didn't know that Togepi would eventually gain strong Metronome powers.

Eh, I guess. Giovanni's whole role here seemed wasted, though. He swept Gary in a few seconds, then left suddenly. Did we even find out what the emergency was?

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
I loved seeing Mewtwo cameos in this episode especially during the battle with Gary. Ash beating Team Rocket for the earth badge was nice too, but somewhat annoying.
8/10

Wednesdayz

Meowth fanatic
We didn't as far as I remember, tho since he took Mewtwo with him when he left the gym, I kind of assumed that it was to catch the herd of stampeding Tauros that we saw Mewtwo battle in the first film.

That would be awesome continuity, but it seems like we'll never know for sure. I would have loved to see Giovanni's reaction to the demolished Viridian Gym, though. :p

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ash beating Team Rocket for the earth badge was nice too, but somewhat annoying.
8/10

I would've definitely preferred to see Satoshi and Sakaki battle in this episode instead of watching the small skirmish between the Rocket-dan trio and Satoshi. It was a fun match in all honesty, but the fact that Satoshi was so close to finally meeting Sakaki yet ended up missing him completely was irritating.

Alloutℯ

Banned
I didn't see why Gary needed to gloat about his ten badges since he didn't even need the two extra ones. I was secretly happy when Giovanni beat him because Gary needed the humiliation.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't see why Gary needed to gloat about his ten badges since he didn't even need the two extra ones.

Shigeru always had a haughty demeanor during the Kanto saga, so him bragging fit with what we knew about his character. Even I have to admit that him having ten Gym Badges was impressive, however.

Alloutℯ

Banned
Shigeru always had a haughty demeanor during the Kanto saga, so him bragging fit with what we knew about his character. Even I have to admit that him having ten Gym Badges was impressive, however.

Little good the two extras did for him since he failed badly in the Indigo League.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Little good the two extras did for him since he failed badly in the Indigo League.

While Shigeru did do worse than Satoshi even with two more Gym Badges than him, I think that the main point we were meant to pay attention to was that Shigeru was way ahead of Satoshi here, and that even though Shigeru lost to Sakaki's Mewtwo, it didn't affect Shigeru's odds of competing in the Sekiei League.

What was the point of Mewtwo's cameo if Ash didn't even see him. When Jess and James stole Togepi, I thought Giovanni would praise them. Sucks that he didn't.

gentwoer

What was the point of Mewtwo's cameo if Ash didn't even see him.
I don't follow your complaint like at all. Why does Ash need to see Mewtwo for it to have a point? The point was to get viewers excited for the then upcoming Pokemon movie (or it would have been if the Pokemon shock incident hadn't delayed it so this episode ended up airing well after the first movie in Japan but in the U.S we got the full effect since the episode did air before the movie)

Like sorry your criticism makes zero sense.

When Jess and James stole Togepi, I thought Giovanni would praise them. Sucks that he didn't.

They wouldn't be Team Rocket if they weren't perpetual losers who couldn't catch a break

Leonhart

Imagineer
I didn't think much of it before, but Sakaki virtually ignoring Togepy was odd. Togepy is rare even these days, so you'd think that Sakaki would've shown more interest in such a unique Pokemon.

Daizy

I call you honey
Mewtwo's power was overwhelming and Giovanni was just toying with Gary. Also how funny that Mewtwo was meant to be a secret, but even still Giovanni had a painting of Mewtwo in his office.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Daizy said:
Mewtwo's power was overwhelming and Giovanni was just toying with Gary. Also how funny that Mewtwo was meant to be a secret, but even still Giovanni had a painting of Mewtwo in his office.

Well, the painting was in Sakaki's private office, so it's not as if anyone other than Rocket-dan members would've seen it. So it didn't need to be kept secret.

BTS_fan

Immortal Queen
I always wondered why Giovanni's other Pokemon were so weak against Gary. It seemed unrealistic that Gary's team would be so strong and that Giovanni would need to resort to using Mewtwo which makes me think he let his Pokemon lose on purpose to lull Gary into a false sense of security.