• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle For The Badge! (063)

FInally Ash was back in Viridian City after passing through it before without challenging the gym. I felt that the battle itself was awful and had no redeeming qualities at all since even with Giovanni's super powerful Pokemon Jessie and James were weak. Ash won the Earth Badge fairly but the victory was soured by how easy it was. Blaine vs Ash had way more tension than Ash versus Jessie and James so I'm a little upset by how lackluster this gym was. 6/10

EmberFireTrainer

An anomaly
This was more of the suspenseful / more serious episodes, especially with it getting closer and closer to the actual Indigo League. This is probably one of my favorite episodes. There was quite a bit of different events here. One amusing part was when Jessie, James, and Meowth successfully capture / steal Togepi to give to the Boss. They finally brought a Pokémon for the Boss! Haha! Everytime I watch this episode, I'm like, Giovanni is not going to be interested in a Togepi.

One big aspect of this episode was Gary. I feel that his battle and defeat to Giovanni was the start of his eventual character change. He was so arrogant and overconfident and he got, as he deserved it, put in his place.

Plus I liked the part when Gary's fanclub cheered for Ash for a change. :)

Last edited:

Leonhart

Imagineer
They finally brought a Pokémon for the Boss! Haha! Everytime I watch this episode, I'm like, Giovanni is not going to be interested in a Togepi.
While I understood him not wanting a Pokemon that seemed so infantile and weak, I still think it was questionable for him not to at least keep Togepy and sell it on the black market considering that it was a rare Pokemon at the time.

RafaSceptile

Well, after watching a video about reviewing all the Pokémon episodes in 10 words or less, I decided to do the same myself, when the discussion about some episodes returns in its respective thread.

"Ash was lucky to not face Giovanni and Mewtwo"
Episode: 6/10

Cool to see Mewtwo. The gym battle sucked and I wish Ash actually battled Giovanni (without him using Mewtwo) At least Pidgeotto did good here.

Gym Battle Rankings:

Ash vs Blaine REMATCH (7) MVP: Charizard

Ash vs Lt. Surge REMATCH (3) MVP: Pikachu

Ash vs Misty (2) MVP: Pidgeotto

Ash vs Sabrina (4) MVP: Abra

Ash vs Lt. Surge (3) MVP: Raichu

Ash vs Koga (6) MVP: Charmander

Ash vs Brock (1) MVP: Onix

Ash vs Erika (5) MVP: Charmander

Ash vs Blaine (7) MVP: Magmar

Ash vs Team Rocket (8) MVP: Pikachu

Ash vs Brock REMATCH (1) MVP: Pikachu

Ash vs Sabrina REMATCH (4) MVP: Pikachu

Ash getting zapped when he feels pain is the original bond phenomenon

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Cool to see Mewtwo. The gym battle sucked and I wish Ash actually battled Giovanni (without him using Mewtwo) At least Pidgeotto did good here.

Gym Battle Rankings:

Ash vs Blaine REMATCH (7) MVP: Charizard

Ash vs Lt. Surge REMATCH (3) MVP: Pikachu

Ash vs Misty (2) MVP: Pidgeotto

Ash vs Sabrina (4) MVP: Abra

Ash vs Lt. Surge (3) MVP: Raichu

Ash vs Koga (6) MVP: Charmander

Ash vs Brock (1) MVP: Onix

Ash vs Erika (5) MVP: Charmander

Ash vs Blaine (7) MVP: Magmar

Ash vs Team Rocket (8) MVP: Pikachu

Ash vs Brock REMATCH (1) MVP: Pikachu