• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle For The Badge! (063)

Squirtle85

Ready, Set, and GO
"This is the ultimate Pokemon.. This Pokemon can't never be defeated"

I still remenber that.. It was bit dark the way they found Ash and everyone on the floor. Mewtwo almost killed them all

Some_Random_Person

Abort, Retry, Fail?
I would like this episode better if Ash battled Giovanni. Ash should have went into the Viridian Gym the second he saw it, instead of playing with his Pikachu just outside the gym.

Anyway, I liked seeing Ash and Team Rocket get shocked.

SOS! Its Not Healthy..

He Say Whaaa...
This episode wasn't bad, but they could of done more to it. But this episode was the start at least Gary respecting Ash and taking a different toll, and *gasps* Team Rocket catching Togepi and first successful brought back to Giovanni, butttt... he didn't want it. Oh boy.

But Ash as always had a big lucky break from not battling Giovanni and Mewtwo because then it would of dragged on and on, and possibly Giovanni could of take over the world with Mewtwo, and then Ash had to come up with something.

One point if anyone reading, have anyone noticed of the badges that GAry won does not have the badges that Ash lost and had to rematch again. I noticed how Gary does not have the Thunderbadge, Marshbadge, and the Volcanobadge. It just made me wonder and of course Gary would never tell if he went to those places and lost and not bother trying again, but it was weird of the other badges.

npdargy312

Master Coordinator
Giovanni shouldn't b a gym leader...He's EVIL

I liked how Gary and Mewtwo both made an appearance, so I was happy about that. I was dissapointed though, that Ash didn't battle Giovanni. I thought it was funny when Togepi pressed both buttons.

Battra

A excellent episode, I liked the lead up to the 1st movie they had in this episode and a couple of others. Nice seeing Mewtwo in action in the tv series and also great that the Pokedex had no information on him. Would've been nice to see Ash actually face Giovanni but at least he got his Earth Badge, I didn't care for the battle though it was rushed.

Hooray4Homestar

Don't die, ketchup!
I liked the Mewtwo cameo. Also, I like how Ash has to battle his enemies for his last badge.

Batdude

Old school
One point if anyone reading, have anyone noticed of the badges that Gary won does not have the badges that Ash lost and had to rematch again. I noticed how Gary does not have the Thunderbadge, Marshbadge, and the Volcanobadge. It just made me wonder and of course Gary would never tell if he went to those places and lost and not bother trying again, but it was weird of the other badges.
I guess it's like saying how come Ash didn't have the alternative badges Gary had... Well at the time when they on Cinnabar nobody knew there was a gym still there, I'd say Blaine just reveals it to trainers who show enough desire for it, like that guy with the Marowak.

And as for the Thunder and Marsh badges, if Gary'd gone up against Surge at that early a stage he would probably have only had a couple of Pokémon, the strongest of which may presumably have been his Squirtle, so maybe he just got owned badly...? Chances are he just went a different route to Ash, he had a car after all!

Weedle_Mchairybug

Giovanni shouldn't b a gym leader...He's EVIL

..........You Haven't even READ Pokemon special, have you? See, in that series, at LEAST half of the regional Gym Leaders of the Pokemon world ARE evil (Sabrina, Lt. Surge, Koga, and... of course... Giovanni).

@Charizard trainer #1: This episode wasn't a filler, due to the mere fact that this is the episode where he wins the Earth Badge.

And anyways, in regards to how Ash got the badge, what JJM did in regards to their refusing the badge even though he won fair and square (AND with love for his pokemon) was, in a sense, cheating (Heck, Ash even said that what they did WAS cheating).

pokeguru

I like to play hero!
This was supposed to be Ash and Giovanni meeting for the first time. Glad it happened in Mewtwo Returns.

Could have been better, though.

If no one could get past Giovanni's Mewtwo, how did anyone manage to make it into the Pokemon League? They really needed to explain that better.

Anyways, classic Kanto. Instead of actually having to make Ash face Mewtwo, Giovanni copped out and all Ash had to do was beat up Team Rocket for the 50+th time to get a badge. How does Ash get away with so much in the first season?

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Phwee, one of my favorite episodes ever ;3

Not because of Mewtwo, but because of the random Ash/Gary moments ^_^

Aside from that, still awesome. I felt kinda bad that Gary lost so quickly :x I was kinda hoping that Ash would take on Mewtwo, y'know? But instead, we have smelly Team Rocket again :( Oh well, I like what they did with the platforms. It is just so much fun to see Jessie get fried ^_^

dagon22

Charmander master!
Even though it was disapointing that it was J+J as the gym leader, I like how it was a tough gym battle, and that he never gave up and won in the end. That, and there were many funny moments in the episode. Gary was actually nice in this episode, making him likeable.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
the rhydon looked cool in battle, i really enjoyed watching this one, it has been a while since i saw this episode.

(s.i.e)

★skydragon★
the rhydon looked cool in battle, i really enjoyed watching this one, it has been a while since i saw this episode.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I thought it was a bit weird how Pidgeotto managed to battle against Rhydon, i would have thought it would be at a disadvantage.