• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle Pyramid Challenge

ghost master

the kawaiist thing
Since alot of threads have been going off topic about the pyramid and other aspects of it I figured I'll make a thread about it. Main issues I saw were what pokemon will Ash use?, How the anime adaption will work?, If the pyramid is the final challenge? and what pokemon will Brandon use?

I know everyone would like to see the rest of the reserves battle but that seems doubtful right now. Unless Ash uses different pokemon for his rematch wiht Anabel or if the pyramid challenge can have Ash use different pokemon which is doubtful. There's also a rumor about Ash's Squirtle returning although it hasnt been confirmed there have been more than just one person claiming it was on pokeani. So if we assume Brandon's battle will be a 6 on 6 pikachu will most likely have to battle. The other pokemon should be Squirtle, Muk, Glalie, Cyndaquil, Noctowl. These pokemon based on the rumor and just that these pokemon deserve it. Although Glalie had battled in the Hoenn league it wasnt around for long I think it deserves some attention. I would also say Kingler but, it would be redundant to have two water types. Although I dont think this will be even close to the team that faces Brandon since I highly doubt he would trade in almost his current team for a new one. Based on the intro I think the pyramid will be the final challenge. Brandon should have either the regi trio, extinct pokemon, unown, or the super powered pokemon (salamemce, tyranitar and dragonite).

G

Geki

It's hard to tell what will happen at all. All we know is that Brandon is basically the head of the brains. But for speculation, I really want Ash to use something out-of-the-box, like Kingler, or Muk. As for Brandon, I don't care as long as he doesn't use the Regi's. I think it'd be cool if Brandon used mystical/ancient Pokemon.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Well, the anime's brain teams have all been fitted with types to match the facility and the appearance of the trainer (fighting types for Greta, snakes for Lucy, jungle pokemon and a mountain pokemon for Spenser, psychic types for Anabel) So let's expect some rock/ground types for Brandon then.

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
I've said this too many times, but I want an Unknown, demmit!
Unknown NEEDS some battle time, though Hidden Power is the only move it has, it could be rather interesting if Brandon's Unknown could change the type of its Hidden Power [such as if up against Sceptile, it could use HP Fire].

I also want him to use Fossil Pokemon, because if he can't get the Regis and wants to stay true to his "Explorer" nature, Fossils should do the trick. Omastar, Kabutops, Aerodactyl, and Cradily fit the part well, but Kabutops and Cradily are the most shafted.

As for Ash's Team, I really don't care as long as Sceptile and Donphan are thrown in the mix.

If it's 6 on 6, Ash will probably just use the Pokemon he has, likely minus Corphish, plus Squirtle, and plus some other reserve.
I'd stake my bet on Muk or Bayleef.
Most likely Bayleef.
It seems likely the Battle Pyramid will be the only facility that functions the same as in the games. At least the opening shows the pyramid thingy, making it seem as if Ash will have to climb to the top.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Ash will probably only switch one of his Pokemon for another and I wish he'd use Kingler god dammit. >=\
As for Brandon, I say Claydol, Cradily, Armaldo, Aerodactyl(for uberness Pikachu battle), Onix, blah blah - rock Pokemon that can learn Ancientpower.
As Infinite Sceptile Master said, hopefully, maybe, they'll use the game's mechanics and actually have Ash climb to the top, seeing as the intro put it out to seem like that.

Flamez

Elite 4 Champion
I want ash team's to be:
Pikachu
Sceptile
Swellow
Donphan
Squirtle/Kingler
Glalie

And as i said in a previous thread i really would like brandon to have
Aerodactyl
Kabutops
Tyranitar
Salamence
Umbreon
Gardevoir(assuming that anabel doesnt have one)

Mawile XD

ello thar
please let Charizard and Sceptile work together. Please let Charizard and Sceptile work together PLEASE LET CHARIZARD AND SCEPTILE WORK WELL TOGETHER

Seriously, that would be cool. The two could also be rivals. Due to the Battle Factory episode, it seems unlikely, but I'd love that. I hope that Brandon uses the fossils.

I mirror K.C's opinion. Unown needs some decent battles >=( If Bugsy can make a Metapod a killing machine, Brandon can make Unown a monster as well. The real question, though.....What letter would it be? :eek:

The fossils would be cool to see, frankly. Aerodactyl would make a great trump card for Brandon.

~*CB*~
The 8th Champion

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Encyclopika said:
Spenser has a Claydol, it would seem a little redundant for Brandon to have one as well.

As Infinite Sceptile Master said, hopefully, maybe, they'll use the game's mechanics and actually have Ash climb to the top, seeing as the intro put it out to seem like that.
I'd like to see that too, but I'm not expecting the writers to make it into an adventure quest like they do in the games. Hell, maybe Ash'll only have to climb some steps on the outside of the Pyramid to the top [as some Pyramids have].

I'm also guessing there's a Battle Arena type thing at the top of the Pyramid.

~*Commander Blizzard*~ said:
I mirror K.C's opinion. Unown needs some decent battles >=( If Bugsy can make a Metapod a killing machine, Brandon can make Unown a monster as well. The real question, though.....What letter would it be? :eek:
Yeah for support! =D

As I've said before, the letter of his Unknown would clearly be 'J'. I don't think the writers would want to please 4Kids by making it a 'B' for Brandon, so 'J' for Jindai makes the most sense.

Unless they want to showcase the '!' and '?' Unknowns...which would be awesome as well.

Last edited:

PDL

disenchanted
.Combusken. said:
Unless they want to showcase the '!' and '?' Unknowns...which would be awesome as well.

that's the best bet of which shape will appear if Unown should appear once more.

Brinstar

you suffer
Some form of tourney where Ash uses every reserve Pokemon he hasn't used yet. As for Brandon himself, I want him to have strong Ground/Rock/Steel Pokemon. I'm not liking the whole Unown thing. They're fairly uninteresting to me...they only have Hidden Power, and that can only last for so long. I don't care whether or not Brandon has the Regis or not since they've yet to debut in the main series (which means we don't know if they're untouchable like the others).

.Bambi.

Be Wise, Tell Lies.
Brinstar said:
I'm not liking the whole Unown thing. They're fairly uninteresting to me...they only have Hidden Power, and that can only last for so long.
The logic behind him having Unknown is, if he can't have the Regis, why not have the next best thing? Unknown are mysterious, sought after Pokemon found in chambers which need to be unlocked, and semi-legendary in the anime. They're like basically a petty, alphabet Regi 0_0

Besides, they've gotten the 3rd Movie and a crappy Johto Filler, with absolutely NO battle time. And as I've said before, Brandon having an Unknown would show that he's one of those explorer types who goes after mysterious Pokemon [as would him having Fossils].

Unknown doesn't have to be weak in the anime either. We've never really seen Unknown's true power, but in the Johto Filler and Movie, it looked pretty capable of immense Psychic powers. And as I offered in my first post, his Unknown could have the unique ability to change the typing of its Hidden Power.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
Ash's Team:
For his final challenge, I'd prefer him to use only his Advanced Generation greats. Give the guys a huge finalé and let them show the Battle Frontier what they're made of. Swellow, Sceptile, Corphish, Donphan (Who should have had more than one battle by now)...all four of them are the guys I want to see kick some tail.
Torkoal and Glalie are the other two options and although either one will do just fine, I'm leaning more towards the soup than the rice ball. If you catch my drift.
And as much as Pikachu makes me burp up many a 'Z', a final shoe-down just wouldn't feel right without him.

Brandon's Team:
Prehistoric pokémon, the omnipotent tank-like dragons, any formidable looking pokémon that has yet to be seen putting up a decent scrap. As long as his team doesn't consist of Legendaries, Arcanines, Hariyamas or Venusaurs, I'll be perfectly content. There are a lot of options here, and I'd like them to be considered for once.

Currently, I'm not too concerned about what's going to happen after Brandon is defeated. They've shrouded the guy with enough mystery, so chances are they're gearing up for him to put up one hell of a fight.
Though, if you were to ask me who he would have to face after that...I guess Wallace or someone of that stature would suffice. But then, what would have been the point in giving Ash's AG pokémon a huge helping of glory during the pyramid battle? I'm not going to think about it too much, and just take what they give. Hell, I'd even be pretty happy just to get a crop of goofy filler episodes before DP rolls in.

.Combusken. said:
Besides, they've gotten the 3rd Movie and a crappy Johto Filler...

That Johto filler t'wernt crappy!

S

Sceptile Warrior

Well, the anime's brain teams have all been fitted with types to match the facility and the appearance of the trainer (fighting types for Greta, snakes for Lucy, jungle pokemon and a mountain pokemon for Spenser, psychic types for Anabel) So let's expect some rock/ground types for Brandon then.

What about Noland of the battle factory I can't think of what his speacilty would be

squirtleking

Defender of Justice
Personally, I think it would be cool to see Ash forced to use every single pokemon he owns at once. That said, if it was just 6 on 6, he should use:

Pikachu (it's a given)
Sceptile (likewise)
Squirtle
Cyndaquil/Quilava (it should have happened by now)
Swellow
Glalie/Donphan

Andyhaunt

Cascade Trainer
I think they should give Brandon Pokes that have been shafted and that have never been in a Battle in the Anime.

Rapidash/Typhlosion for the Fire rol
Huntail/Feraligatr for the Water rol
Electrode for the Electric Rol
Gardevoir (if Anabel doesn´t own it)
Porygon2
Tyranitar (his main Pokemon)

I´d Like Ash to Fight with all his fully evolved Pokes that didn´t appeared in in the rest of the Frontier Battles

Kingler
Muk
Noctowl
Glalie
Torkoal
and for the final match, Sceptile

I´d like to see a Battle like the Drake one, where Ash thrash most of Brandon team and then Tyranitar knocks one by one (to show off Tyrnitar Uber Power) until Sceptile.

And please show Tyranitar´s ability Sand Stream. In anime, it could use any attack while using sandstorm at the same time. Imagine a Sand Vortrex that blocks everything while shooting Hyperbeams or Earthquakes simultaneously. It would be very interesting.

ChaosMage

Izit cuz I is black?
Wow, it's strange how Corphish seems to be getting the short straw here. I'd love for Glalie to be the last pokemon, as he got shafted for screentime and has only ever been in 4 freakin' battles.