• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle Record Thread V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shotgunrain

I think this should count as a win for Turtonator and Marowak. Salazzle got revived next week most likely due to some black magic by Nihilego, as implied in SM054's summary. In fact the summary itself stated that Lusamine's Pokemon were defeated before Nihilego intervened. Kiawe won fair and square against Salazzle, period. Whatever happens after is a different story altogether.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I think this should count as a win for Turtonator and Marowak. Salazzle got revived next week most likely due to some black magic by Nihilego, as implied in SM054's summary. In fact the summary itself stated that Lusamine's Pokemon were defeated before Nihilego intervened. Kiawe won fair and square against Salazzle, period. Whatever happens after is a different story altogether.

So, by your logic Forretress also beat Cacnea back in the AG episode though Cacnea revived due to healing methods from other Pokemon, came back revived and KO'd Forretress? For whatever reason they got revived, the point is that they got revived, and thus, the fight continued. As long as the fight continued, nobody won. Otherwise in Forretress vs Cacnea you have to say Forretress also won, even though Cacnea revived and KO'd Forretress afterwards, which hardly makes any sense.

Shotgunrain

So, by your logic Forretress also beat Cacnea back in the AG episode though Cacnea revived due to healing methods from other Pokemon, came back revived and KO'd Forretress? For whatever reason they got revived, the point is that they got revived, and thus, the fight continued. As long as the fight continued, nobody won. Otherwise in Forretress vs Cacnea you have to say Forretress also won, even though Cacnea revived and KO'd Forretress afterwards, which hardly makes any sense.

I think the scenario that you've described is somewhat of a different situation. But I didn't watch that episode so I cannot give my opinion on this. I leave it to the creator of this thread to decide whether Turtonator and Marowak defeated Salazzle or not.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I think the scenario that you've described is somewhat of a different situation. But I didn't watch that episode so I cannot give my opinion on this. I leave it to the creator of this thread to decide whether Turtonator and Marowak defeated Salazzle or not.

Well it isn't different that much actually. The name of the episode where it happened was 'Cheer Pressure'.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ok, it doesn't matter if there were multiple battles in a single episode and then rematches in the next. What matters is that a pokemon lost in the current battle and that it was concluded.

I'm gonna hold off on calling this win for this episode until I see that Kiawe actually walked away from this battle and then went and tried to join Ash and the rest and they were attacked later on or if Salazzle just got right back up and starting attacking Kiawe while he was still alone.

If Kiawe walks away then I'll count the win, if it continues then I'll just count the results of the final battle should it have a conclusion.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It's time to change Litten to Torracat here. And to add its double losses to Incineroar :(

On a side note:

Just wondering that should Pikachu's win over Mother Beast Nihilego count? Mother Beast was lying still on the ground and Nihilego only flew away after Ash and co. pulled out Lusamine out of it. Mother Beast was out for the count as it seemed like after being hit by 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt.

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Losses for Marowak and Charjabug have to be added too, yes?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Actually no. I'm only gonna count the second loss to Incineroar as the others(Litten, Marowak, and Charjabug) weren't really shown full out. If they had been shown with swirly eyes like the starters and Machamp at the start then fine.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Actually no. I'm only gonna count the second loss to Incineroar as the others(Litten, Marowak, and Charjabug) weren't really shown full out. If they had been shown with swirly eyes like the starters and Machamp at the start then fine.

??? But it's obvious that they lost, as it was clearly implied. Is swirly eyes that important when the loss is pretty much confirmed?

Litten was shown sad and distressed after the scene from its first fight with Incineroar cut off, why would it act otherwise if it didn't lose?

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
??? But it's obvious that they lost, as it was clearly implied. Is swirly eyes that important when the loss is pretty much confirmed?

Litten was shown sad and distressed after the scene from its first fight with Incineroar cut off, why would it act otherwise if it didn't lose?

Bro it's not about implied here. It needs to be clearly shown. And considering Marowak was up two seconds later and watching Litten battle, I don't think they were knocked out.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Bro it's not about implied here. It needs to be clearly shown. And considering Marowak was up two seconds later and watching Litten battle, I don't think they were knocked out.

In Litten's case it's more or less confirmed that it lost through implications. That's pretty much the reason why it was sad and distressed after the scene cut off, and trained so hard after that. Literally no reason for it to do that if it didn't lose the first time. The wriers were pretty much making it clear that Litten lost.

Seriously by that logic, Infernape vs Electivire also doesn't count as a win for Infernape since it was never shown that Electivire fainted.

In this anime, a Pokemon is often up after seconds it is shown with swirly eyes. If Marowak and Charjabug didn't faint, why was Litten the only one fighting Incineroar after that, and not them anymore? It clearly meant that they were out of the battle after that.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
In Litten's case it's more or less confirmed that it lost through implications. That's pretty much the reason why it was sad and distressed after the scene cut off, and trained so hard after that. Literally no reason for it to do that if it didn't lose the first time. The wriers were pretty much making it clear that Litten lost.

Seriously by that logic, Infernape vs Electivire also doesn't count as a win for Infernape since it was never shown that Electivire fainted.

In this anime, a Pokemon is often up after seconds it is shown with swirly eyes. If Marowak and Charjabug didn't faint, why was Litten the only one fighting Incineroar after that, and not them anymore? It clearly meant that they were out of the battle after that.

They might of been knocked out of the ring but they didn't faint, that's the difference. This is about fainted battles, not battles were someone is knocked out of bounds or wins cuz of different rules like that Squirtle battle at the poke camp last series. It's about full battles with a clear ending. Like I said, they didn't even show Litten being done battling in the first battle, it just got hit and then it cut to Litten being said, we don't see that he actually fainted like in the second battle so it doesn't count.

togenaught18

I agree a lot with that, because swirly eyes is a factor but no all, and if im no wrong, i remember frogadier vs sableye in late XY was count too and didnt have swirly eyes (sry if im wrong).Homewer, we didnt see a oficial loose from litten, and for most obvious was the loose, we cant count a official loose that unless the anime show it ( i think thast the most important thing)

Last edited:

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
They might of been knocked out of the ring but they didn't faint, that's the difference. This is about fainted battles, not battles were someone is knocked out of bounds or wins cuz of different rules like that Squirtle battle at the poke camp last series. It's about full battles with a clear ending. Like I said, they didn't even show Litten being done battling in the first battle, it just got hit and then it cut to Litten being said, we don't see that he actually fainted like in the second battle so it doesn't count.

When then I guess character statements can be used as evidence. I don't know Japanese, and as a result don't know what the dialogues were in this episode, but if any character statement in this episode mentions that Litten lost the first time, would you count that as a loss for Litten?

Besides was it ever mentioned in the episode that getting knocked of the ring is the criteria for loosing? If not, it can easily understandable that Marowak and Charjabug couldn't continue the battle because they fainted.

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Ok, added Torracat and the rematch with Incineroar.

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

A loss is a loss. Whether or not the swirly eyes shown. Torracat has two losses on its account. Same goes for marowak and chargabug. You should consider "unable to battle" criterion instead of swirly eyes. Otherwise this whole thread will be useless.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
A loss is a loss. Whether or not the swirly eyes shown. Torracat has two losses on its account. Same goes for marowak and chargabug. You should consider "unable to battle" criterion instead of swirly eyes. Otherwise this whole thread will be useless.

There's a reason they say unable to battle after the swirly eyes losses lol. The anime made that the losing judgment not me.

ChampioN-Trainer-BriaN

There's a reason they say unable to battle after the swirly eyes losses lol. The anime made that the losing judgment not me.

I think you are dumb that you don't understand what so many people are telling you. Just because the swirly eyes scene was not shown does not mean that pokemon was able to battle. There are plenty of losses in the anime which did not show 'the swirly eyes'. But it was clear to every sane person that pokemon lost the battle. You have put this non sense & childlike rule in this thread that 'only swirly eyes means losses' otherwise its not a loss. It only makes your judgement and this thread useless. Anime is always clear about things. Its you who should get clarity on things. Have fun.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll

But the anime never made a strict rule about swirly eyes. In Infernape vs Electivire, there was none, neither was any in Pikachu vs Latios.

togenaught18

If this means something, this was inceneroar vs all or free for all? . Whatever was the case, technically we cant count the "loose" if the "special" battle wasnt finished ( we didnt see it)

Status
Not open for further replies.