1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

The Battle Record Thread V2

Discussion in 'Animé Spoilers' started by 1rkhachatryan, Nov 7, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 345ash-greninja

345ash-greninja Assassin Kid

Litten was seen as sad and distressed after the scene cut off. Why on earth would the writers depict Litten as sad and distressed if the battle didn't finish? Clearly doesn't make any sense.

So the writers were pretty much making it clear that Litten definitely lost the first time.

2. togenaught18

togenaught18 Well-Known Member

Yeah is something wierd how count this case where the most obvious result of the battle didnt show it, from personal opinion it shouldnt count. Is a comparison something out of place, but remember ash greninja vs altaria trainer in the kalos league for example, it was "obvious" greninja sweeps all 3 pokemon, but who knows ? ( destiny bond lol, switch, put another thing here). To be the most possible security in this case, i think the anime must show the loose or win to count battles. Well is an opinion so... :p

3. 1rkhachatryan

1rkhachatryan Call me Robert guys

Again, either swirly eyes or some sort of judge officially calls the battle. Those battles were officially declared by the ref. Much like Mega Lucario wasn't shown with swirly eyes in the 3rd gym battle but the judge still counted it and gave Ash the win. In most official important battles, there is usually some sort of judge or ref like person. Either that or there are swirly eyes. They could of made it real clear by cutting to Litten lying on the ground unable to move but they didn't, they chose to cut away mid hit. That is the very definition of an incomplete fight.

Also I just watched the opening fight again and there was definitely a judge who declared Incineroar the winner the first time around, they didn't do that in the battle with Kiawe, Sophocles, and Ash, they just cut away mid final move.

4. 345ash-greninja

If that is truly the example of an incomplete fight, then why on earth would the writers depict Litten sad and distressed? I'm sorry it doesn't make any sense for Litten to be sad and distressed if it didn't loose. You need to think deep into this that what the writers were trying to imply by showing Litten sad and distressed after the scene cut off.

And regarding that either swirly eyes or called by a referee thing, so by that logic Charizard didn't lose to Poliwrath first time because it was only encased a mass of ice, completely being unable to do anything, and didn't have swirly eyes?

Oh wait, Ash has to work so hard the entire night after that to get Charizard back in good shape, even though it didn't have swirly eyes or wasn't called by a referee. :)

5. 1rkhachatryan

Um because he didn't win?? Seriously Litten wanted to beat Incineroar which is why he was sad when he was unable to. Even if the battle was called off mid fight cuz TR interrupted or something, Litten would still be sad cuz it wanted to beat Incineroar.

Technically not tbh. Charizard didn't faint, he was frozen which is different. Do the battles in game end when a pokemon gets frozen?? The guy chose to end the match, it wasn't cuz Charizard fainted or anything. It was more so called off cuz the guy didn't find the battle to be worth his time cuz Charizard wouldn't listen.

6. Dragalge

Dragalge Leaked footage

Robert isn’t misleading anyone anyway so what he has done is fine. lf it doesn’t count towards the thread’s criteria, that’s it. Just leave it be lmao

7. 345ash-greninja

I watched the episode with subs and Litten's loss was confirmed by character statements. After the scene cut off from Litten's battle, Litten is shown sad and distessed.

Then Ash says: Nyabby must be upset.

Then Kiawe says: It was over in a single blow.

Then Rotomdex says: The Throat Chop was powered up by Bulk up-roto.

A little afterwards, Jessie says: It's sulking way too much over a single loss.

So Litten's loss it 100% confirmed by character statements, so it certainly should count.

8. Navin

Navin MALDREAD

I'm not saying I fully agree with Rob's criteria, but he's been consistent with it for like the last 4 years, if not longer. He doesn't want to interpret what could be incomplete/complete battles, so he goes with clearer metrics like swirly eyes, officiating, etc. It's not like the Battle Record is going to be utterly tarnished, since the most legit battles (gyms, leagues, etc.) always show up, and those are what defines a Pokemon's battling skill.

9. 345ash-greninja

But in this case I'm afraid that Litten's loss is 100% confirmed by character statements(which I mentioned in my earlier post above) so I literally see no reason why Litten's first loss shouldn't be counted here. Kiawe and Jessie's statements basically confirms Litten's loss.

Last edited: Mar 1, 2018
  10. Rock Captain 99

Rock Captain 99 Following the dreams!!

Time to add poipole in ash's Pokemon list!

11. 1rkhachatryan

Added Poipole, thanks for the reminder :).

12. Rock Captain 99

Rock Captain 99 Following the dreams!!

Marowak's win and loss against electivire!

13. 1rkhachatryan

Ok, added the new battles for Marowak.

14. 345ash-greninja

Just pointing out that Turtonator also lost to Electivire in the first battle. It's loss should also count since Turtonator was also battling alongside Marowak as well in the first battle.

15. 1rkhachatryan

Actually no. Turtonator battled the grunts. It only fainted cuz it protected Ash and his sister. I don't recall Turtonator actually using a move against Electivire.

16. 345ash-greninja

Or that was a like a double battle against Bourgain and his grunt for Kiawe's Marowak and Turtonator. Both Marowak and Turtonator used their moves against the the grunt's Boldore, and that suggests it was very likely a double battle though Turtonator never used an attack on Marowak.

In Ash vs Dominic in the Hoenn League, Ash's Torkoal never used a move on Dominic's Swalot and simultaneously Dominic's Swalot never used a move on Ash's Torkoal but still it was a double battle. So I don't see any reason why the first battle should be treated any different than a double battle.

If a Pokemon faints during a double battle/or any normal battle trying to save its partner or someone else from its opponent's attack, wouldn't it count as a loss officially? Very likely it would.

17. 1rkhachatryan

Um you do realize there was two grunts so it wasn't a double battle in the first place. Again, Turtonator wasn't battling Electivire at all nor was he instructed to take that hit.

18. Shotgunrain

Shotgunrain Well-Known Member

Ash's Lycanroc VS Krookodile - L

19. 345ash-greninja

Any specific reason why Dusk Lycanroc's battle record hasn't been updated here yet with its loss vs Nanu's Krookodile? Better not use the swirly eyes arguement here because Acerola as a referee flat-out stated that 'Lycanroc is unable to battle'.

Last edited: May 13, 2018
  20. 1rkhachatryan

Added Lycanroc's loss, sorry guys, it's my last week of school so it's hectic lol.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.