• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle Record Thread V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
@Robert, I just want to say that you still haven't listed Rowlet and Rockruff's wins. One more thing, I'd just request you to reconsider the Rowlet vs Oricorio fight because there apparently is no rule that a Pokemon's loss doesn't count because it hit something else(and Oricorio's attack caused Rowlet to hit Mallow after all).

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
@Robert, I just want to say that you still haven't listed Rowlet and Rockruff's wins. One more thing, I'd just request you to reconsider the Rowlet vs Oricorio fight because there apparently is no rule that a Pokemon's loss doesn't count because it hit something else(and Oricorio's attack caused Rowlet to hit Mallow after all).

It's listed now, sorry for the delay. And enough already man, drop it. Multiple people have now tried to explain to you that Oricorio himself didn't knock out Rowlet. If Rowlet had swirly eyes before hitting Mallow then it would be on here but he didn't and the battle was pushed to the side to focus on Lillie so it doesn't count as a complete battle as it was in one way or another interrupted by Mallow and Lillie.

Genaller

Silver Soul
I stated my view on that when the episode first aired, Rowlet was only shown to be knocked out AFTER hitting Mallow so we can't be sure if it was Oricorio who knocked him out.

Yeah technically the wall in the Sinnoh league was also not part of the battlefield (it was clearly outside of the rectangular defined boundaries) so are you saying that Infernape's KO of Aggron doesn't count? The thing is the force that knocked Rowlet out was exerted entirely by Oricorio (and the reaction force on Rowlet by Mallow was a consequence of Oricorio's initial force) therefore the KO was fully its. Unless Mallow actively exerted a force on Rowlet then she shouldn't count differently from a wall or other inanimate objects for this particular case.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Yeah technically the wall in the Sinnoh league was also not part of the battlefield (it was clearly outside of the rectangular defined boundaries) so are you saying that Infernape's KO of Aggron doesn't count? The thing is the force that knocked Rowlet out was exerted entirely by Oricorio (and the reaction force on Rowlet by Mallow was a consequence of Oricorio's initial force) therefore the KO was fully its. Unless Mallow actively exerted a force on Rowlet then she shouldn't count differently from a wall or other inanimate objects for this particular case.

Well this is something I've argued in the previous page of this thread which has been dismissed only because 'Mallow isn't part of the battlefield. It often happens that a Pokemon is sent flying by an opponent's moves into a hard surface and it's knocked out. Infernape KO'd Aggron the same way, in XY&Z13, Greninja KO'd Sceptile that way. In these cases the opponents attack is what sent the Pokemon flying into a hard thing and that contributed in the knockout, these counted as wins. So why shouldn't Rowlet's loss count?

Last edited:

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Except a wall and a person are two different things. One is completely immobile where as the other was completely hit by chance and shouldn't have been there in the first place. And we also saw that Mallow was clearly in pain from the hit so it wasn't just a little bump meaning that Rowlet hit her hard and could of easily been knocked out from that alone.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Well this is something I've argued in the previous page of this thread which has been dismissed only because 'Mallow isn't part of the battlefield. It often happens that a Pokemon is sent flying by an opponent's moves into a hard surface and it's knocked out. Infernape KO'd Aggron the same way, in XY&Z13, Greninja KO'd Sceptile the way. In these cases the opponents attack is what sent the Pokemon flying into a hard thing and that contributed in the knockout, theses counted as wins. So why shouldn't Rowlet's loss count?

Well as long as the pokeverse follows standard physics (which it seems to for the most part) then yeah it should count as a loss for Rowlet.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Except a wall and a person are two different things. One is completely immobile where as the other was completely hit by chance and shouldn't have been there in the first place. And we also saw that Mallow was clearly in pain from the hit so it wasn't just a little bump meaning that Rowlet hit her hard and could of easily been knocked out from that alone.

But the question here is that did Mallow actively exert a force on Rowlet? The answer is no. It was fully the force of Oricorio's attack that sent Rowlet flying into Mallow, so Mallow probably didn't play any different part that what a wall in that scenario would've. And Mallow naturally would be in pain if Rowlet hits her on the head.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
But the question here is that did Mallow actively exert a force on Rowlet? The answer is no. It was fully the force of Oricorio's attack that sent Rowlet flying into Mallow, so Mallow probably didn't play any different part that what a wall in that scenario would've. And Mallow naturally would be in pain if Rowlet hits her on the head.

Regardless the point is we don't know if Rowlet was already knocked out prior to the hit or if he even would of been knocked out if he simply hit the floor.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Regardless the point is we don't know if Rowlet was already knocked out prior to the hit or if he even would of been knocked out if he simply hit the floor.

Knocked out prior to the hit: does this really matters? It's similar to hitting a wall actually, since Oricorio's attack sent Rowlet flying into Mallow. Infernape vs Aggron was basically the same thing, Aggron wasn't shown knocked out before it hit the wall beside the battlefield. It often happens in battle that a Pokemon is sent flying by its opponent's attack and is knocked out by hitting a hard surface. Since Mallow didn't actively exert any force, she isn't any different from a wall in this case.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

I'm not going to count Rowlet getting knocked out as a loss because one it's a double battle and two it was because of Rockruff, so with that said here are records:

Pikachu: 3-1
Rowlet: 4-1
Rockruff: 2-0
Litten: 1-0

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
I'm not going to count Rowlet getting knocked out as a loss because one it's a double battle and two it was because of Rockruff, so with that said here are records:

Pikachu: 3-1
Rowlet: 4-1
Rockruff: 2-0
Litten: 1-0

Who did Pikachu lose to??

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

Genaller

Silver Soul
Eh for me it would go Pikachu:4-0, Rowlet:4-2, Rockruff:2-0, Litten:1-0.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Eh for me it would go Pikachu:4-0, Rowlet:4-2, Rockruff:2-0, Litten:1-0.

Pretty much this. Rowlet hitting Mallow's head isn't logically a reason for it getting a free pass of its loss against Oricorio (seriously no different than Infernape vs Aggron or Greninja vs Sceptile in XY&Z13). Gary's Blastoise also send Bayleef flying into the stadium wall outside the battlefield to knock out Bayleef.

Last edited:

Genaller

Silver Soul
Pretty much this. Rowlet hitting Mallow's head isn't logically a reason for it getting a free pass of its loss against Oricorio (seriously no different than Infernape vs Aggron or Greninja vs Sceptile in XY&Z13). Gary's Blastoise also send Bayleef flying into the stadium wall outside the battlefield to knock out Bayleef.

Hitting Mallow or the canvas really shouldn't make much of a difference (except that the ground can't feel pain). Anyways it's clear from the narrative that we're supposed to consider that as a clean loss meant to show that Rowlet has a long way to go. On a side note I wonder if Pikachu might beat his 20-6 Kalos record at this rate.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Hitting Mallow or the canvas really shouldn't make much of a difference (except that the ground can't feel pain). Anyways it's clear from the narrative that we're supposed to consider that as a clean loss meant to show that Rowlet has a long way to go. On a side note I wonder if Pikachu might beat his 20-6 Kalos record at this rate.

Yeah I'm still wondering whether Pikachu will at all lose any battle this saga (unless it has a complete battle with Tapu Koko). :)

Golden_Latias

#SlayQueenSlay
Where did Pikachu get its 4th win? As I know that It beat Gumshoos, Totem Gumshoos and Hala's ace.
Butler James's Oricorio in SM30.

Yeah, it was under Lillie's command, but it still counts.

Status
Not open for further replies.