• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battle Record Thread V2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mega Altaria

☆~Shiny hunter▢~
So should we count Jessie's Mimikyu or don't count it to Pikachu winning
I think it should be counted for both a win for Ash's Pikachu and a loss for Jessie's Mimikyu.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
I do think that this battle should definitely count, this was a serious 1 vs 1 battle between Pikachu and Mimikyu, it clearly had an official vibe about it as Acerola even signalled the start of the battle like a referee. This wasn't definitely not like the usual TR battles we have in majority of the episodes of a series.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Added Pikachu's win against Mimikyu here.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Added Lycanroc's three wins :).

Genaller

Silver Soul
Not sure about how we should count the battle results for today’s episode. I guess we could treat it as similar to a double battle and give Torracat 1 win though I’m not sure.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Not sure about how we should count the battle results for today’s episode. I guess we could treat it as similar to a double battle and give Torracat 1 win though I’m not sure.
Torracat actually got 2 wins if you look at it because it clearly knocked out both Magmortar and Electivire. Yeah, along with the Masked Royal's Incineroar, as Incineroar also battled Magmortar and Electivire previously, but Torracat was the one who landed the knockout blows on them, so it still counts as wins for Torracat.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Torracat actually got 2 wins if you look at it because it clearly knocked out both Magmortar and Electivire. Yeah, along with the Masked Royal's Incineroar, as Incineroar also battled Magmortar and Electivire previously, but Torracat was the one who landed the knockout blows on them, so it still counts as wins for Torracat.
Actually it was treated like a tag battle (quite literally), so if you look at how double battles are rated here, both Torracat and Incineroar would get only 1 win (in that they won the full battle). Another way of looking at it is that it was 2 vs 2 and “tagging in” is like switching in which case Torracat would get both wins. I’m presuming Rob would use the former method based on how he rates double battles.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
Actually it was treated like a tag battle (quite literally), so if you look at how double battles are rated here, both Torracat and Incineroar would get only 1 win (in that they won the full battle). Another way of looking at it is that it was 2 vs 2 and “tagging in” is like switching in which case Torracat would get both wins. I’m presuming Rob would use the former method based on how he rates double battles.
I guess it's likely that Robert would count it like a double battle and give Torracat jointly with Incinroar one win, though it shouldn't be the case as these wrestling matches aren't exactly treated like tag battles. In that case the Pokemon landing the knockout blow should get the win, because for example, Alain's Bisharp might have been damaged by Hawlucha and Goodra before, but since Greninja landed the knockout blow on it, it counts as a win for Greninja. So IMO Torracat should get 2 wins solely. Though in Pangoro's case it's difficult to say because both Incineroar and Torracat together landed the knockout blow on it.

Genaller

Silver Soul
I guess it's likely that Robert would count it like a double battle and give Torracat jointly with Incinroar one win, though it shouldn't be the case as these wrestling matches aren't exactly treated like tag battles. In that case the Pokemon landing the knockout blow should get the win, because for example, Alain's Bisharp might have been damaged by Hawlucha and Goodra before, but since Greninja landed the knockout blow on it, it counts as a win for Greninja. So IMO Torracat should get 2 wins solely. Though in Pangoro's case it's difficult to say because both Incineroar and Torracat together landed the knockout blow on it.
Actually the wrestling match was treated exactly like a tag battle. Tag Battles in Pokémon were treated like what the wrestling business calls “tornado tag”. It’s really a matter of how you want to treat the battle; either as similar to a double battle or as similar to a 2 vs 2 with “tagging in” being the equivalent of switching. I personally wouldn’t count the Pangaro KO since that wasn’t part of the official tag match, and I would consider Torracat as having gotten 2 wins (so I’d use the 2nd interpretation) making its record 3-2 (though I’m presuming its record will be 2-1 over here). So far it would be Pikachu (6-0) > Lycanroc (5-2) > Rowlet (4-2) > Torracat (3-2) in terms of battle record though as we’ve established a battle record on its own doesn’t mean much when it comes to tiering.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys
Added Torracat's win here :). It was a double battle so treating it as such.

345ash-greninja

Auto-Memories Doll
It's time to change Steenee to Tsareena here. :)

Shotgunrain

Does Alolan Marowak VS Pinsir count?
Pinsir wasn't shown with swirly eyes, and the miners ran away immediately after that, so the outcome of that battle was unknown, so no it doesn't count.

There have been a lack of proper battles recently...hopefully Ash vs Hau will be a good one.

JC317

Pinsir wasn't shown with swirly eyes, and the miners ran away immediately after that, so the outcome of that battle was unknown, so no it doesn't count.

There have been a lack of proper battles recently...hopefully Ash vs Hau will be a good one.

I can't believe it's been 4 months since we had a proper battle, and it's gonna be at least another week before Ash vs Hau potentially happens...

mehmeh1

Not thinking twice!
I can't believe it's been 4 months since we had a proper battle, and it's gonna be at least another week before Ash vs Hau potentially happens...
well, we did have everyone vs necrozma in ep 88, but even then that was over 2 months ago (unless you count pikachu vs elvischu, which did have a conclusion)

Status
Not open for further replies.