• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battlefield Thread

Here you can talk about the FPS series known as Battlefield, a series made by DICE and published by EA Games.

bailey.ga

I love Bf3, felt dissapointed with bf 4 though, too much shake when there's an explosion. Also, with c4 now being with snipers, everyone wants to be a sniper, making it boring for us medics :p

Mister_SGG

There have been about a thousand of these threads, and none of them seem to last. I wish you luck.

Anyway, I haven't played Battlefield lately... after not getting a PS4 in favour of a new guitar, I'm missing out on BF4.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I gave up CoD Ghosts for BF4, and I'm quite glad I did. BF4 is pretty much the superior game in every category.

If they ever bring back Siege of Shanghai for Battlefield 5, it would be cool to see them make every building have the potential to collapse instead of just the skyscraper at point C. Makes me wonder just how much of the level would be left at the end of the round. XD

Swampurtz

God of Destruction
I have BF4 but I can't play it cause for some reason my XBOX 360 can't install HD content.

Mister_SGG

If they ever bring back Siege of Shanghai for Battlefield 5, it would be cool to see them make every building have the potential to collapse instead of just the skyscraper at point C. Makes me wonder just how much of the level would be left at the end of the round. XD

I wouldn't consider all buildings collapsing a plausible thing for BF5. Maybe BF6 or 7, lol. Definitely next-gen.

There have been about a thousand of these threads, and none of them seem to last. I wish you luck.

Anyway, I haven't played Battlefield lately... after not getting a PS4 in favour of a new guitar, I'm missing out on BF4.

I felt like it was worth a shot.

Anyways, I feel like the Attack Boats get too much hate. Sure, they're good, but all you have to do is swarm them like you do a tank to take them out.

Also, I have to pay if I want China Rising, even though I preordered it and put in my code >.<

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
So we are getting a pretty big netcode update in the next patch along with Naval Strike. Hopefully they'll be able to improve it at least to some extent since it's pretty bad in it's current state.

Oh and the MAA is FINALLY getting a nerf. That thing was so ridiculously OP it's not even funny, especially with the Active Radar missiles.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
The killcam is a total mess, and yet I'm surprised people are still asking about it when it's been that way for a while. That... I'm a bit surprised they screwed up because it was working perfectly fine previously.

Also, for some reason, it just feels like flares no longer work with the scout helicopters. I don't use ECM Jammer because that just makes the rocket go nuts and it usually ends up hitting the helicopter anyway. They really should fix that, since it seems like most choppers get swatted out of the sky really easily.

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
The killcam is a total mess, and yet I'm surprised people are still asking about it when it's been that way for a while. That... I'm a bit surprised they screwed up because it was working perfectly fine previously.

Also, for some reason, it just feels like flares no longer work with the scout helicopters. I don't use ECM Jammer because that just makes the rocket go nuts and it usually ends up hitting the helicopter anyway. They really should fix that, since it seems like most choppers get swatted out of the sky really easily.

I usually run with ECM instead of flares because it works better as a preemptive countermeasure. When you hear that you're getting locked onto active the ECM and fly away to get some cover. Has saved my *** quite a few times.

Oh and the kill cam bug is hilarious. Yesterday I got sniped with an M98B from the AC-130 apparently.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I usually run with ECM instead of flares because it works better as a preemptive countermeasure. When you hear that you're getting locked onto active the ECM and fly away to get some cover. Has saved my *** quite a few times.

Oh and the kill cam bug is hilarious. Yesterday I got sniped with an M98B from the AC-130 apparently.

I think I'll try ECM for a little while, since considering the results I've had with flares lately, it can't really get much worse than having every anti-air missile slam into me.

And yeah, I've had all kinds of wacky kill cam bugs lately. I used to think the bug was that the killer's info, name, weapon used, and stuff on the heads-up display was correct, but the person/vehicle who got highlighted in orange and got followed by the camera ended up being someone else. But yeah, I'm not even sure about that anymore. Definitely a weird bug for sure.

Breeder Drew

I absolutely love BF4, but I'm hoping with BF5 they give some more diversity with the nations you can play as. I'd love to see a 10 country lineup of something like the United States, Germany, France, the UK, and Israel/Australia against Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, and India. Would really make for some diversity between teams and could add in some new locations for maps. I for one would love to be able to invade Pyongyang or Moscow as the Western nations or New York/London as the Eastern nations.

ECM>Flares on scout choppers. Jets are a different story.

My problem with the killcam bug is that I like to play as infantry quite a bit, and not being able to see who killed me is extremely annoying. Like I was once flanking everyone on Lockers, only to be shot in the back. Needless to say, one of my teammates 'killed' me. I would've liked to know who was able to kill me so I don't make the same mistake again.

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
I absolutely love BF4, but I'm hoping with BF5 they give some more diversity with the nations you can play as. I'd love to see a 10 country lineup of something like the United States, Germany, France, the UK, and Israel/Australia against Russia, China, Iran, North Korea, and India. Would really make for some diversity between teams and could add in some new locations for maps. I for one would love to be able to invade Pyongyang or Moscow as the Western nations or New York/London as the Eastern nations.

Yeah, definitely this. And those would make really excellent maps.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
Any of you guys getting Premium? I'm thinking of getting it soon. Just to play new and classic maps like Caspian Border and Operation Firestorm/Metro. Also getting new weapons/camos.

Seems like it's taking longer to level up in the game than BF3(even with xp boosts is taking forever).

AuroriumX

The Interceptor
Any of you guys getting Premium? I'm thinking of getting it soon. Just to play new and classic maps like Caspian Border and Operation Firestorm/Metro. Also getting new weapons/camos.

Seems like it's taking longer to level up in the game than BF3(even with xp boosts is taking forever).

I actually found the leveling in BF4 to be pretty fast compared to BF3. I'm almost at the level cap in BF4 where as in BF3 I'm still about 40 levels away from the level cap even though I have almost double the amount of time played in BF3.

As for Premium I'd say it's worth it for the weapons and maps. The extra Battlepacks are also a nice bonus as you usually get some nice unique camos and knifes from them.

Genos

The Indigo Disk
I actually found the leveling in BF4 to be pretty fast compared to BF3. I'm almost at the level cap in BF4 where as in BF3 I'm still about 40 levels away from the level cap even though I have almost double the amount of time played in BF3.
I see. I'm playing in the weekends due to college. At least I'm leveling up the class levels and weapon levels. That's all I care about.

Still no new knife for me(except for the ACB-90 from the veteran battlepack). Heck, I still haven't unlocked a single Autumn paint.

Autumn y u hate me ;_:
EDIT: Well I got my first knife from a battlepack called the Boot. Also My first Autumn paint called Turtle.
Yay

Last edited:

Avenger Angel

Warrior of Heaven
You'll unlock plenty of camo paints soon enough. Getting the exact one you want may be a while depending on your luck, but there's plenty of good ones out there.

As for knives, I honestly don't know why they made so many considering you don't use it all that much, but I guess the variety can't be complained about. I usually use the Survival one just because of appearance. Nothing more. :p

I knife all the time. The animations themselves are so sexy.

My only gripe is that if you knife from the front against a prone person, it takes like a full five seconds for you to get the kill. If you die in that time, they live. That and the counter knife is too easy.