• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battling Academy

Do you like the starter system?

• Yes, it's perfect.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yes, but I would like a broader variety of starters.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No, we should abolish it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Well, if you want to stop Dragons, then go with Mamoswine's or Weavile's Ice Shard, not Psych Up. In the time that it takes you to use Psych Up, Espeon will already be dead. I hate to say it, but that set just isn't very good. It doesn't let Espeon use its full potential.

Francis2580

Shedinja Ninja
Well, if you want to stop Dragons, then go with Mamoswine's or Weavile's Ice Shard, not Psych Up. In the time that it takes you to use Psych Up, Espeon will already be dead. I hate to say it, but that set just isn't very good. It doesn't let Espeon use its full potential.

Hmm dam :p guess Ill stick to kecleon for snatch and magic coat xD plus ive apready got a dragin check

Wut about the moveset
-Calm Mind
-Baton Pass
-Stored Power
-Psychic

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Stored Power AND Psychic is a definite no-no. And instead of it USING Baton Pass, why not have boosts Passed onto it so it can use Stored Power with expertise?

Francis2580

Shedinja Ninja
Stored Power AND Psychic is a definite no-no. And instead of it USING Baton Pass, why not have boosts Passed onto it so it can use Stored Power with expertise?

Actually, maybe... I cud incorporate my ninjask into my team aswell :D
Instead of baton and psychic, how about reflect and light screen?

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Dual Screening is something Espeon is OK at, but it's meant to sweep, not to support. Try this moveset on for size:

Espeon@Life Orb
-Stored Power
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Shadow Ball
-Morning Sun
This set takes skill and multiple Baton Passers to use right. Here are the Passers you'll need:

Gorebyss
-Barrier/Iron Defense(they do the same thing so it doesn't matter)
-Amnesia
-Baton Pass
-Shell Smash/Surf

Volbeat
-Tail Glow
-Baton Pass
-Bug Buzz
-Agility (if it can learn it)/Moonlight

Use Gorebyss to buff your defenses as many times as possible. That's important. If the foe can't use Taunt, then you can also use Shell Smash to get Speed and Attack buffs. Then Pass it off to Volbeat. With your buffed defenses, you can easily set up two Tail Glows and either recover with Moonlight or use Agility for more boosts. Then Pass it to Espeon. Stored Power will have a massive power level, so that's your chief move. The other moves will take advantage of your Special Attack boost, and Morning Sun is for when you get hit critically, assuming you survive the blow.

Francis2580

Shedinja Ninja
Dual Screening is something Espeon is OK at, but it's meant to sweep, not to support. Try this moveset on for size:

Espeon@Life Orb
-Stored Power
-Hidden Power (Fighting)
-Shadow Ball
-Morning Sun
This set takes skill and multiple Baton Passers to use right. Here are the Passers you'll need:

Gorebyss
-Barrier/Iron Defense(they do the same thing so it doesn't matter)
-Amnesia
-Baton Pass
-Shell Smash/Surf

Volbeat
-Tail Glow
-Baton Pass
-Bug Buzz
-Agility (if it can learn it)/Moonlight

Use Gorebyss to buff your defenses as many times as possible. That's important. If the foe can't use Taunt, then you can also use Shell Smash to get Speed and Attack buffs. Then Pass it off to Volbeat. With your buffed defenses, you can easily set up two Tail Glows and either recover with Moonlight or use Agility for more boosts. Then Pass it to Espeon. Stored Power will have a massive power level, so that's your chief move. The other moves will take advantage of your Special Attack boost, and Morning Sun is for when you get hit critically, assuming you survive the blow.

Looks like ive got some word ahead of me ^^ tyty for ur help in making ky team better jonah :3

Zachmac

I disagree. It's ability screams support. Being immune to Spikes, SR, ect is convenient. Even though it was given offensive stats, it's best for setting up dual screens or baton passing. If you want a sweeper, just use Alakazam for it's better stats.

Though the set you listed isn't bad, I'd swap morning sun for baton pass. I've seen baton pass chains where half the pokemon had sweeping potential so that they can choose a sweeper depending on the pokemon they're up against.

Last edited:

Psycho Cut

i have bad news guys
it really upsets me, but because of how crappy the internet is and 4 people using it through the day, i`m taking responcibility for it to make sure it doesnt crash again, or at least its not my fault
Long story short, i have to leave the clan :(
i`m really sorry guys, i may be able to pop on now and then, but not til after 10 p and not for long so i probobly wont be on serebii much if at all anymore
if we get the internet fixed and are good for a while, i`ll rejoin but i cant now
i will still be on PO if anyone wants to battle once the internet loads right again
i`m really sorry everyone
if psycho wants he can leave me on because i would like to come back, but it may not be for a month or more
You don't need to leave at all. If you say you'll be on every now and again, then what's the point in leaving? You've given me a perfectly legitimate reason for your absence, there's no need to leave

I don't know, maybe my tornadus forgot it was a flying type and decided to faint. I dont encounter many haxorus, I just thought mold breaker hit everything.
Nah, it only ignores abilities. Torndus should be fine. So you either encontered a bug, or used a bad example.

@ Panicles: Accepted! Welcome to the clan, I hope you enjoy clan life here! You'll be in the Sinnoh House. I'll update it all tomorrow.

-----

Important Announcement
(Pass on the message)

I've realised that, in the coming months, I won't be able to give the clan my full attention at times. There's my exams to consider, as well as holidays. Hence, I've decided to appoint a Co-leader, or Deputy Head, if you like. Although said person will have roles when I'm still here, his/her main role will be to take my place when I'm absent.

I'm not sure who this'll be yet, so I'll be looking out over the next few days!​

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
@Shedinja: No problem. I'm pretty experienced nowadays, so if you need more help, feel free to ask me anything.

EDIT: @Psycho: I'm not saying I would dare to dream of taking your place even temporarily, but it can't be me, since I'm gone during the week anyway.

Francis2580

Shedinja Ninja
I disagree. It's ability screams support. Being immune to Spikes, SR, ect is convenient. Even though it was given offensive stats, it's best for setting up dual screens or baton passing. If you want a sweeper, just use Alakazam for it's better stats.

Though the set you listed isn't bad, I'd swap morning sun for baton pass. I've seen baton pass chains where half the pokemon had sweeping potential so that they can choose a sweeper depending on the pokemon they're up against.

Hmm kk ill do what i did when confirming my ninetales' moveset
Ill make 2movesets on PO and try both of them out :3

Zachmac

I've realised that, in the coming months, I won't be able to give the clan my full attention at times. There's my exams to consider, as well as holidays. Hence, I've decided to appoint a Co-leader, or Deputy Head, if you like. Although said person will have roles when I'm still here, his/her main role will be to take my place when I'm absent.
I'm usually available during the holidays, and I wouldn't mind the job if you need to find someone for it.

Anyway, I like this idea. Especially if they can rank up seniors.
Hmm kk ill do what i did when confirming my ninetales' moveset
Ill make 2movesets on PO and try both of them out :3
If it is based around baton pass, I fought this great team before where each pokemon knew baton pass. Then, they could rely on a different sweeper depending on the situation. There Gliscor could use EQ, and if they came across a flying type, they'd just baton pass out to another sweeper.

They also relied on Vaporeon and Celebi for defense/sp.def groups.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
Oh right, Vaporeon has Acid Armor. I almost forgot that move existed since I took it off my Cryogonal for Rapid Spin.

Francis2580

Shedinja Ninja
I'm usually available during the holidays, and I wouldn't mind the job if you need to find someone for it.

Anyway, I like this idea. Especially if they can rank up seniors.If it is based around baton pass, I fought this great team before where each pokemon knew baton pass. Then, they could rely on a different sweeper depending on the situation. There Gliscor could use EQ, and if they came across a flying type, they'd just baton pass out to another sweeper.

They also relied on Vaporeon and Celebi for defense/sp.def groups.

As much as id love a baton passing team( srsly if i cud pull that off id be so
Happy xD)
My sig pokemon is shedinja, and the reason my kecleon ha magic oat in the first place was to check any entry hazards,
So yea id be okay with 2 or so baton passers, but a whole team wud be too strategic for me :X ( i tend to use my pokemon till they faint :p like without switching out)

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
( i tend to use my pokemon till they faint :p like without switching out)

THAT'S A TERRIBLE IDEA. NEVER EVER DO THAT. There are people who will switch every chance they get to counter everything you send out, and before you know it, you're completely helpless. Trust me, I learned that the hard way.

Francis2580

Shedinja Ninja
THAT'S A TERRIBLE IDEA. NEVER EVER DO THAT. There are people who will switch every chance they get to counter everything you send out, and before you know it, you're completely helpless. Trust me, I learned that the hard way.

D: but ive got paranoia thatif i switch ill get knocked out in one go xD
Ill try to remember to switch out too then :X xD

Btw does any1 kno where i can get a charcoal in bw?

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
I know there's a way to, because I had my old Volcarona hold one, but I forgot where I got it.

Francis2580

Shedinja Ninja

Eranu™

@Psycho Cut

I think you should appoint 2 co-leaders:

MagicMonkey and Zachmac.

MagicMonkey is very active and would be decicated.
ZachMac has excellent knowledge of competitive side of pokemon and could therefore help many members.

That's my opinion.

Jonah the Slaking

Couch-bound Warrior
That's very mature of you pimm, not immediately nominating yourself. I respect that.

Usatoday

Eternal God
Seconded 10

Status
Not open for further replies.