• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battling Academy

Do you like the starter system?

• Yes, it's perfect.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yes, but I would like a broader variety of starters.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No, we should abolish it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

Anyway...
I have realised there is not many combinations I can do with my signature pokemon is there a prerequisite amount of days from joining to be able to use my one free switch?
I don't think so....But you only get one free switch.
well the idea is to battle other clan members and improve your rank. We help each other out and gain experience (lol) as battlers. It s agreat place
I agree with the last sentence. Most people here are pretty nice, and it's also a decent place to just talk about competitive pokemon in general.

I'm thinking about trying out HO. The fighting part doesn't look as fun, but you don't know until you try, though I've always enjoyed predicting.

Would a HO team with 4 special pokemon and one special/mixed work? Just to handle physical walls?
any poke that sets up will eat you, especially outrage haxorus 1DD=650 attack =O
Which is why ditto is so fun. :D

McDanger

I'm thinking about trying out HO. The fighting part doesn't look as fun, but you don't know until you try, though I've always enjoyed predicting.Would a HO team with 4 special pokemon and one special/mixed work? Just to handle physical walls?

Which is why ditto is so fun. :D

that would work for an HO team, and HO battles are fun, at least i think they are. I scard orbrunner with my HO agiligross lol

*glares at ditto* ditto is satan just so you know

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
Ahh, computer troubles...
Back up and running now, anyway.

Congrats to the winner of the Clear Skies tournament!
[BA]Pimm94

(22:17:43) [BA]Pimm94: aw yea.

Told you I could do it Orb.

Like a boss. Grats!

New members, you're both accepted. Fenyxfyr is in Kanto and Yuki is in Sinnoh. I hope you both enjoy clan life here! :)

--- RU Ready ---

I can now reveal the RU Ready tournament quarter-finalists and the quarter final matchups!

1) Blayd vs Infernape Rulez
2) Shadow Gallade vs Ninja Dewott
3) Mcdanger vs NinjaMuffin6890
4) OrbrunnerX vs AnnoyingRedHead

Some changes had to be made for inactivity, but this is it now. No more shuffling every day.

There'll also be a super-duper tournament table in the tournament spoiler soon.

The deadline is the 14th of November!

--- War ---

We are on the verge of war! I'll be contacting the War Team about a related matter.

Finally, Vali has left the clan to go and co-lead another one :( We'll miss him, but wish him luck with his new clan.

I have to fight ARH? There goes my tournament streak.

I would like some help making a good team with Glaceon

Abomasnow. Specs Glaceon has the biggest Blizzard in the game, and 100% accuracy doesn't hurt.

If you do go into the Monotype tier, there is no Perma weather (Orb will rejoice!)

I've tried to use the weather mons in Monotype, but they are banned from use. Probably because Water would then overpower everything, like it does now

Odd. They used to work.

That is so true.

Rain is just so annoying at the moment. I still think rain is the best weather, even after the Drizzle + Swift Swim ban.

Choice Specs Dragonite/Tornadus just wrecks everything. The only thing really safe switching in is Blissey or Chansey. Volcarona is another Hurricane abuser that is also an issue (although not as bad as when it's under sun).

Volcarona gets Hurricane?
Who in their right mind would put Volcarona on a rain team???

Well, looks like Clefable can do something that Blissy isn't better at, suicide lead!

Or Life Orb Blizzard hail sweeper.

HvH! Bring it on! I really like that we get to play against Hoenn. *looks at Orb and smiles*

Heh heh heh.

This is the timezone on which the cool people live. For half of the year.

Edit:

Woah! Just seen that Jets is banned (at least temporarily). Our clan has become like the Mafia (but a nice, friendly Mafia) you mess with the BA! You is gonna find yourself face down in a canal banned! Best thing is, it's indirect, and none of us have really done anything ;)

WE ARE THE MAFIA WHAT NOW HUH HUH

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
HvH between Hoenn and Unova

Gen: B/W
Tier: Clear Skies Custom*
Clauses: Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Item Clause, Species Clause, Self-KO Clause

Banned Pokemon: Arceus, Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys-N, Deoxys-A, Dialga, Excadrill, Garchomp, Giratina, Giratina-O, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Salamence, Shaymin-S, Thundurus, Zekrom.
Banned Abilities: Drizzle, Drought, Moody, Sand Stream, Snow Warning.
Banned Items: BrightPowder, Custap Berry, Focus Band (not Sash, Band), Jaboca Berry, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Liechi Berry, Micle Berry, Petaya Berry, Quick Claw, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, Scope Lens, Soul Dew, Wide Lens, Zoom Lens.

Note that the Banned Pokemon list is the Smogon Ubers list with one addition (Salamence), the Banned Abilities list is standard for Clear Skies, and the Banned Items list contains only "hax items" which change probabilities and items unobtainable in BW.
Otherwise the lists follow standard Wifi OU lines.

Matchups:
OrbrunnerX vs. Ace of Keys
TheMetalOverlord vs. Jazz14456
Psycho Cut vs. Shazam

Neutral luck to all. :p

Jazz14456_Plebeian

Expect Epic: CB
Uhoh. Are the vs set in there permanently, or can we switch around?

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
Uhoh. Are the vs set in there permanently, or can we switch around?

Unless you can't (not "don't want to", "can't") get on at the same time as your opponent, I think it'll be staying. At any rate, pretty much anyone would lose to Psycho, and I fight AoK so that it's Captain versus Captain, so you actually probably have it the easiest between your two choices. (No offense, Metal.) Yeah, I'm probably the worst fighter on our HvH team, but I kinda have to step up due to the job.

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I will be on PO to train my Competitive skills.
Or at least, try to get some skills in the first place :/

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
Would a HO team with 4 special pokemon and one special/mixed work? Just to handle physical walls?

Dedicated physical walls are a lot harder to run into than dedicated special ones, and the few good ones there are die to their weaknesses. Gliscor, for example, can't take an Ice Punch without flinching. Blissey, however... Wish/Protect Blissey walls even Specs Hydreigon. CM Blissey is even worse.
A 3-physical 1-special 2-mixed HO team seems to run reasonably well for me.

Also, Moxie/Scarf/HJK Scrafty is a boss.

tomy2222

Let's see who shines
good luck for all the battlers in hvh battles, hope I can join in next hvh battle, i will try my best, and i hope the tier will be nu XD

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I lost again <_<
To Shadow Scyther this time.......... Oh well :)
(RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGE)

whats HO?????????????

also i think it was saturday or sunday you said i was to be promoted to juniors 4. this hasn't happened. also where is the HTML coding for the banners saying what year? i cant find it.

Last edited:

Shazam88

Opponent Vs: Infernape Rulez
Win/Lose: win
Score: 6 -0
Rating Your Skill out of 50 for this battle:35
Rating Opponent Skill out of 50 for this battle: 35
Suggest Improvements for Opponent: don't let me set up
Information about Battle: My not so little satan did it again :D

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I have lost to Shadow Scyther more than I can count x3
But I did win a battle! Yay : D

Soperman

The One and Only
I have lost to Shadow Scyther more than I can count x3
But I did win a battle! Yay : D

Why dont you post the results then?

whats HO?????????????
http://www.serebiiforums.com/showthread.php?t=541205

HvH between Hoenn and Unova

Gen: B/W
Tier: Clear Skies Custom*
Clauses: Sleep Clause, Freeze Clause, Evasion Clause, OHKO Clause, Item Clause, Species Clause, Self-KO Clause

Banned Pokemon: Arceus, Blaziken, Darkrai, Deoxys-N, Deoxys-A, Dialga, Excadrill, Garchomp, Giratina, Giratina-O, Groudon, Ho-Oh, Kyogre, Lugia, Manaphy, Mewtwo, Palkia, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Salamence, Shaymin-S, Thundurus, Zekrom.
Banned Abilities: Drizzle, Drought, Moody, Sand Stream, Snow Warning.
Banned Items: BrightPowder, Custap Berry, Focus Band (not Sash, Band), Jaboca Berry, King's Rock, Lax Incense, Liechi Berry, Micle Berry, Petaya Berry, Quick Claw, Razor Claw, Razor Fang, Scope Lens, Soul Dew, Wide Lens, Zoom Lens.

Note that the Banned Pokemon list is the Smogon Ubers list with one addition (Salamence), the Banned Abilities list is standard for Clear Skies, and the Banned Items list contains only "hax items" which change probabilities and items unobtainable in BW.
Otherwise the lists follow standard Wifi OU lines.

Matchups:
OrbrunnerX vs. Ace of Keys
TheMetalOverlord vs. Jazz14456
Psycho Cut vs. Shazam

Neutral luck to all. :p

Cool another HvH. Wait, im not battling? Aww.
By the way, is Psycho still in Hoenn? He was talking about being a sort of "God" and not be in any clan.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
It is more like Training battles :/ So they probably don't count

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
By the way, is Psycho still in Hoenn? He was talking about being a sort of "God" and not be in any clan.

Nothing was changed, and I don't see anything wrong with him still being here. Hoenn is in last, right?

Shazam88

Opponent Vs: Adalricus
Score: 5 -0
Rating Opponent Skill out of 50 for this battle: 25
Suggest Improvements for Opponent: don't let me set up
Information about Battle: My not so little satan did it again

Opponent Vs: Aeoria de Leo
Score: 4 -0
Suggest Improvements for Opponent:
Information about Battle: My not so little satan did it again, he would have swept the entire team if his last poke didn't get a crit hit :)

Last edited:

Schade

Metallic Wonder
Battling obviously isn't my thing..... .___.

Shazam88

Opponent Vs: Yuki Himurashi
Win/Lose: Lose
Score: 3 -0
Information about Battle: Crit hit got my tank, ice hax got my staller :p, otherwise he battled good :p

Opponent Vs: Yuki Himurashi
Win/Lose: Win
Score: 5 -0
Information about Battle: My not so little satan did it again

Status
Not open for further replies.