• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Battling Academy

Do you like the starter system?

• Yes, it's perfect.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Yes, but I would like a broader variety of starters.

Votes: 8 72.7%
  • Neutral.

Votes: 2 18.2%
  • No, we should abolish it.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zachmac

Hah, I just ripped the userbar from Ninja Dewott's sig. I finally got to over throw him. He did say he was willing to stand down not too long ago, but still.
So what happens now? Do I just battle people?
You can get away with just battling people, but we're a group.

You can just join in on the chat, IV breed for our clan shop, take test battles to try and rank up, discuss people's battles or sets, ask for help with a set or team, join a tutoring session, ect. All of this stuff is just optional though.
Anyway, so question; Do you think a specific UU/RU/NU can be used well in OU? Explain.
Zoroark. Definitely Zoroark. Usually inferior to Hydreigon, but can be used for the element of surprise, nasty plot, and sucker punch. More then have the time, I get a free KO on a Skarmory.

Last edited:

Zachmac

Who do I battle for that sorting thing?
We mostly fight on PO, and we'll usually have [BA] in front of our names.

Tutors have the authority to rank you up upon a battle, but you must request a rank up battle.

To rank up, you must reach certain requirements before hand, though. You can get a test to see if you're worthy of seniors from the moment you joined for free, but if you fail, you'll have to start at juniors year one. After that, being part of the clan for long enough and winning enough battles will qualify you to test to be ranked up just once. The requirements are explained with the userbars for each rank on the first page of the clan.

BLUES.

Something else
Opponent Vs: AnnoyingRedHead
Win/Lose: win
Score: 1-0
Rating Your Skill out of 50 for this battle: 30
Rating Opponent Skill out of 50 for this battle: 30
Suggest Improvements for Opponent: None
Information about Battle: If his last pokemon had been holding a power up item (gem), he would have revenge killed for game:D

brandyjay

GET IN THE BAG
We mostly fight on PO, and we'll usually have [BA] in front of our names.

Tutors have the authority to rank you up upon a battle, but you must request a rank up battle.

To rank up, you must reach certain requirements before hand, though. You can get a test to see if you're worthy of seniors from the moment you joined for free, but if you fail, you'll have to start at juniors year one. After that, being part of the clan for long enough and winning enough battles will qualify you to test to be ranked up just once. The requirements are explained with the userbars for each rank on the first page of the clan.

I get that. I mean the one that is advertised for the senior/junior sorting for when you first sign up.

Shoudy4

Sigh... Every time I try to get on and have a rank up battle, NOBODYS EVER FREAKIN ON!!!

Shoudy4

^^ikr
I'm forced to play idiots instead of BA members. Like some ubers team challenged my ou team and I won 5-0.

Speaking of ubers why is blaze blaziken uber?

Last edited:

NinjaMuffin6890

Muuuuuuuunnnnnch
Opponent Vs: dark mothim elite
Win/Lose: win
Score: 2-0
Rating Your Skill out of 50 for this battle: 30
Rating Opponent Skill out of 50 for this battle: 30
Suggest Improvements for Opponent: None
Information about Battle: little bit of hax granted me a kill

Zachmac

Smogon could make complicated bans, but the line has to be drawn somewhere.

Kyogre and Groudon wouldn't be broken at level 70, so why not just let them in OU as long as they're a certain level or lower? Banning will get too complicated after a while.

Blaziken was only broken because of speed boost, but Darkrai only was for Dark Void, and Skymin for seed flare. It's just simpler to ban the pokemon then the combo.
Sigh... Every time I try to get on and have a rank up battle, NOBODYS EVER FREAKIN ON!!!
It depends on when you get on, actually. I've seen large groups of BA members on at the same time.

Last edited:

Rhonder

Theres been alot of debate on the BA vets, I think if we have been here since atleast the beggining of December/before the new year we need a special banner/userbar(OZ? you on this?) that says BA veteran. that would be awesome. because technically, we get a huge surge of people every once in a while, then two people out of the group stay so yeah. . . been here since October, so almost all of you know me, including the people who flake off, come back, and flake off again

Ahhh, pre-delibird quest. That was a lot of fun but also crazy XD

i kinda fell like ken itchgogie from digimon, "should i use starmie to block ice/water or rotom? desicions decisions" lol

... Digimon! <3

Anyway, so question; Do you think a specific UU/RU/NU can be used well in OU? Explain.

I personally think that a majority of pokemon could work well in general in OU. That being said, an entire team of say, NU pokemon probably wouldn't do but if you throw in 1 or 2 that you really like though aren't OU and have good OU support for them, I believe they would probably do just fine. Ampharos has been doing me solid so far XD

So what happens now? Do I just battle people?

Yeah, essentially. Or like Zach said there's a multitude of other stuff to do as well if you so wish XD but yes, battling is generally pretty good. Just be sure to fill out and post a clan battle form if you battle someone in the clan (unless they say they're going to fill it out, just one copy's necessary obv.)

Meh, at this point I don't think I'll be able to get on PO till at least tomorrow. I was hoping to, but I passed out for 4 hours instead... and now I have studying for finals :X I do want to keep testing my ice team though so we'll see I guess...

Francis2580

Shedinja Ninja
You're in.

Ooo orb, im thinking these pokemon for my Gym Ldr pty(btw am i allowed ubers?)
No moveset chosen yet

Froslass, perhaps my lead, with spikes and destiny bond, and maybe will o wips or toxic
Chandelure
Gengar
Spiritomb(kinda like cynthia's, sucker punch to finish off pokemon and double team jst to e annoying)
Sableye, an annoyer with trickster ;)
Golurk

Might switch one of them out for an uber if im allowed :3

AnnoyingRedHead

No moveset chosen yet

Froslass, perhaps my lead, with spikes and destiny bond, and maybe will o wips or toxic
Chandelure
Gengar
Spiritomb(kinda like cynthia's, sucker punch to finish off pokemon and double team jst to e annoying)
Golurk

i highly doubt ubers are allowed and double team is banned in most competitive play.

Ace Of Keys

Me and My sketch pad
1. I wonder why I'm chosen for captain. Not that i'm complaining but its a bit surprising.
2. I won tutor of the season? Was i really that good?
3. I may or may not be on BA consistantly in this month due to housing issues that may result in lack of a computer to play PO on so I don't know how that will affect my standing as Captain and Tutor

Opponent Vs: AnnoyingRedHead
Win/Lose: Win
Score: 1-0
Rating Your Skill out of 50 for this battle: 35
Rating Opponent Skill out of 50 for this battle: 35
Suggest Improvements for Opponent: nothin i can think of
Information about Battle: confuse hax is still hax

Francis2580

Shedinja Ninja
i highly doubt ubers are allowed and double team is banned in most competitive play.

Hmmm, i understand ubers, but srsly double team? :( is flash banned too? :p

Btw do we have any RNGers here? :p

Rhonder

Btw do we have any RNGers here? :p

We have several RNGers. I can't remember off the top of my head but i believe Vanderslaux is one though i maybe mistaken

Indeed, though currently his RNG shop's closed to requests... After another one's revealed, I may have a favor to ask as well XD

Francis2580

Shedinja Ninja
Evasion Boosting = banned.
Accuracy lowering = fine.

I guess tha makes sense...kinda xD

And darn his is closed?:( soo uhhh if there are any RnGers reading this PM me :3 actually nm i shud just go to the trade forums as i have no AP :p

OrbrunnerX

That Guy
I was just wondering, what do you guys think of this?
(15:38:15) ±Porygon: Your rank in Wifi OU is 858/17040 [1181 points / 61 battles]!
For a n00b that's not too bad

Better than mine... I have learned to hover around whatever rating I was at before.
This used to be 1200. Now, with the ladder having been reset, it's 1,000.
Yes, it's that bad.
and it might have something to do with the fact that I rarely if ever ladder intentionally for anything other than testing

K I'll take ground then

You're in.

1. If I can't have Water I'll take bug.

Coolz

Nah, the inferior half of england

Which half?

define a "mo"

A Mo Ment.

I just made an amazing Sun team, not your average Forry spinner, I'm thinking outside the box and using Blastoise, partly for the awesome combo of Foresight + Rapid Spin. It's based around Volcarona.

That... is impressive.

Subtract the time from the post in which i said "mo" from the time I post this and you will have a "mo"

February HCs

It may be the shortest month, but you'll need a good captain nonetheless...

Votes aplenty here, but a last minute surge of votes meant OrbrunnerX gains the captaincy once again

OrbrunnerX - Assigned to Psycho Cut (Standard Ubers)

X-5 - Assigned to OrbrunnerX

All Tutees are in Standard OU, unless otherwise stated

All Tutors will be credited with AP for last month's work

The Battling Academy Council

Thank you all for your votes on the subject. The result is thus: the vast majority of you voted 'Yes' for this notion, so it will go ahead. I will upload more information to the 1st/2nd/3rd post tomorrow, but for now I'll leave you with this information:

By default, the Council will be made up of the House Captains, but this may be changed. If someone contributes excellently to the clan, they may find themselves on the Council even if they are not a HC (and vice versa). For example, Ninja Dewott will make the Council this month. Naturally, then, the council will change (probably) each month. The Council Job is to vote on matters which are important enough for me not to want to make the descision on my own, but still not important to warrant a vote from the entire clan. In the result of a tie-break, those who are not HCs will have their votes discounted and if that does not make a desicion, then voting will commence again, but with abstenations disallowed. HCs are allowed to consult with their houses on the matters, unless otherwise stated.

------

More Plans

I have plans for an exciting new section of the clan, which will find its home in the 4th (yes, 4th) post. It may take a while for this to be ready, but I'm sure you will find it informative, enjoyable and also a way of really making your mark in the clan

------

Massive Clan War Thing

For the massive clan war thing, which we have entered, I intend to use the War Team, but replacing Alex with Orb. Apologies to Alex but I have yet to see you in the field of battle, whereas Orb is a tried and tested war veteran and has a slightly better clan battle record (about 7% better, not that much in it). Although I'm not sure how reserves work, I plan to use Alex and Mcdanger as reserves (again, apologies to Zachmac).

On a last note, I'm glad January is out the way, I generally find it the most depressing month....

1: I laughed at this.
2: Whoa. Did not expect that. Thanks people!
3: I look forward to learning in Ubers and (hopefully) teaching in OU. BTW: How much AP did I get from Tutoring? I need to know the number for my records.
4: Yay for the council!
5: This should be interesting... *anticipation*
6: Tried and tested war veteran who has one or two "could not battle"s and one loss? You can put Alex in...
7: It was quite depressing here. But that is a story for another time.

Orb I'll surpass you! Mark my words! :p

I don't battle quite as much as you; you probably will. Considering you're one of maybe two or three people with a positive record vs. me.

ORB, I call Fire

Sure.

Great... I just realized I didn't get a tutor and I only talked to orb ONCE last season, I'll take ninja if Sam isn't active :p (sad thing is I know I can't)

I owe you some on that; it was partly my fault. You can still PM me with any questions you may have.

Seems awesome. I want to be a challenger and maybe E4 as an LC Elite.

I have 2 different people already considering for LC Elite... :/
Would there be any specific type you would want? Most of them are still free.

Might want to PM a tutor and arrange a time then.

Because Smogon has no brains.

Kyogre and Groudon wouldn't be broken at level 70, so why not just let them in OU as long as they're a certain level or lower? Banning will get too complicated after a while.

Blaziken was only broken because of speed boost, but Darkrai only was for Dark Void, and Skymin for seed flare. It's just simpler to ban the pokemon then the combo.

They said that with Kyogre and Groudon last gen.
Then they playtested them.
And they broke the metagame anyway... because of AUTO WEATHER!

Darkrai was for Dark Void, but nothing was for Spore. Where is the logic?

Normal Shaymin still has Seed Flare; what's with that?

No moveset chosen yet

Chandelure
Gengar
Golurk

No Ubers, sorry, except for our Ubers Elite.
and standard clauses are in play, so Evasion is banned.

Evasion +6 = No one without Aerial Ace can reliably hit you. And no, it isn't.

Evasion Boosting = banned.
Accuracy lowering = fine.

Yeah... though Accuracy lowering is unreliable. If you really want to piss off your opponent, use Attract; everything is set default to Male on PO, or at least it used to be, so a female Attract user is REALLY. ANNOYING.

...Come to think of it, that last part applies IRL too.

Status
Not open for further replies.