• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Beginning of a New End. AAMistyL

How could you kill off Pikachu, WHOA! If i was Ash i would strangle Koga and kill him for what he did. Hate him soo much! Die Koga, die.

Turak

I'm surprised Ash didn't have phanphy and corphish attack Koga himself for what he did. Poor Pikachu!

Flaaffy_Fan

PKMN Trainer
Awesome fic!

I don't read Pokemon Fics, espicially shipping, often... but I'm really getting in to this one. Keep up the good work.

Esperon

An old PS luva!
Turak - Maybe cos Corphish was KOed still and Phanpy is barely alive?

Flaafy Fan - Thanks very much ^^ I'm so pleased you decided to choose my fic to be one of the first you decided to read!

*chuckles* Lookie here, what a nice part to chapter 19 this bit is >< It's only short because the whole lot of chapter 19 is very long, but you can see why I split it into parts, the cliffies were too good!

Chapter 19 – part 4

It started as a low rumble, Koga’s laughter, rising louder and deeper as Ash’s defeat appeared sealed and his undefeated steak had continued for yet another match. “You see boy, no one can defeat me. Why did you even think you could try?”

“Because,” Ash began, a small smile on his face, “you never lose til you’ve lost.”

A frown creased Koga’s face as he took another look at the two pokemon the battle field. On four small, trembling legs stood Phanpy taking in shuddering breaths that racked her entire body. Gritting her teeth through the pain, she lifted her trunk into the air, squinting through one eye through the barrier of pain that tried to stop her every move and summoned the strength to create many golden spheres that moved in an intricate pattern before her. Unable to do anything other than perch precariously in an upright position, Venomoth took the full brunt of the attack to be shot backwards to the wall of the room. Slowly, Phanpy lowered her trunk and with a deep breath in and out she ceased her trembling to stand, proud and victorious before her beaten opponent and its trainer.

Koga shot Ash a look full of fury and rage before his entire surroundings vanished in a haze of dark black, swirling smoke. At once the black became a blinding white and Ash could sense no more.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Mee..mee..” a confusing, seemingly unfamiliar, yet still oddly familiar noise tried to invade upon Ash’s unconscious state of mind while a soft nudging and tapping occurred on his face by a small paw. Swatting the nuisance away lazily with his hand, Ash's mind tried to go back to the state of unconsciousness it had previously been habituating. The sound continued to probe at his mind, becoming louder and more insistent, “Mee, pmee…pieekaa…pikaa..oouu..piiikaachuu”

Through his befuddled mind, one word came through that sent a spark of recognition to set of a chain of reactions that lead to one ending. Pikachu.

His eyes snapped open and he shot bolt upright to stare wide eyed at the beautiful, healthy, glossy coated, shining yellow electric rodent that stood before him known as Pikachu. Euphoria exploded within him as he opened his arms wide and hugged his most precious pokemon close to him, tears forming in both his and Pikachu’s eyes at the sheer joy of being reunited and together again for ever.

Opening his eyes and releasing his pokemon who hopped up onto his shoulder to remain as close as possible to him he automatically let his hand fly behind him to his belt where he felt the familiar feel of five pokeballs, safely strapped to him. Beside him lay his bag, completely and fully intact, strange considering how the straps had been torn while under water. His attention was suddenly caught by a small, bright pink object, the in the shape of a heart lying next to where he had woken up. Picking it up for a closer inspection, his eyes widened in shock when he realised it was a Soul Badge, one received after defeating the Fuchsia Gym leader. A small smile crossed his lips when he carefully placed it next to his other three badges in his badge case and taking a moment to admire it with Pikachu. But something was till missing.

Whipping around sharply, he focused intensely on the figure behind him, the red hair standing out painfully obvious. Murmuring her name in a rush of air that escaped his lips he dropped his badge case and spun round to lift her by her shoulders onto his lap. “Misty…Misty!” he said, each time more insistent before beginning to shake her shoulder a little. Her head flopped still onto his shoulder and he stared at her face the whole time as his spirits began to sink lower and lower. He closed his eyes and hung his head over her as moisture began to form in his eyes yet again.

She moved. Stretching as she began to become fully conscious and her eyes fluttered open to gaze straight into Ash’s grief stricken face above her. Before she could fully wake up, he pulled her up into a tight hug, burying his face in her hair that had fallen down at the loss of it’s restraint. Gently at first and increasing with every passing moment, Misty returned to hug as the last thing she could remember of falling down and down away from him surfaced to her memory again as she relived seeing his terrified face.

“You’re alright…” he whispered, still clutching her close.

“So are you…” she quietly replied. Pikachu frowned at the two teens from the floor next to him. Where had he seen this bit before? Giving a shrug of “they’re hopeless” he looked left and right about their surroundings. They were on the path again, outside the gym except this time there was no fake wall in the road and the doors were sealed tightly shut. Turning back again to his human companions, he noted that their relief to see each other again and been taken over by embarrassment as they each busied themselves with their belongings, checking their pokemon were in order before taking to the road again.

“Oh, I got my gym badge by the way.” Said Ash with a wry smile as he held his new badge aloft for Misty’s inspection.

“That’s excellent! I’m glad you did because we would NOT be going back in there again if you wanted to re-challenge him.” She stated.

“Why would I want to go back in there, just for a gym badge?” he asked her as if she was crazy while pointing at the doors of the closed gym.

“Because you’re you, stupid!” She replied lightly with a giggle and took off down the path at a light jog, glancing over her shoulders at him.

“Hey!” he protested, taking off after her once his badge and case were back in his bag while Pikachu wearily followed them with a tired expression to leap again upon his trainer’s shoulder and settle down for a brief nap. So far, it had been a tiring day and it wasn’t even lunch time yet.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Is this a better alternative to the gym of DOOOM?!?!?!?

Last edited:
Yaaaaay! He got Pikachu back!!! That was an evil thing you did to them ;_; Poor Pikachu... poor Ash... poor Misty... DESTROY KOGA!!! Well at least he gave him his badge.

Geez, if you were that evil for them just with a gym leader what could you possibly have planned for the future? o_O Probably suffering.... a lot of suffering!

Turning back again to his human companions, he noted that their relief to see each other again and been taken over by embarrassment as they each busied themselves with their belongings, checking their pokemon were in order before taking to the road again.

Hehe... that's funny. They're still too embarrassed to admit they like each other. xD

I can't wait to see what other sorts of chaos you'll make them run into. =D

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
Awww how cute yey Pikachu still lives!!!
Before she could fully wake up, he pulled her up into a tight hug, burying his face in her hair that had fallen down at the loss of it’s restraint. Gently at first and increasing with every passing moment, Misty returned to hug as the last thing she could remember of falling down and down away from him surfaced to her memory again as she relived seeing his terrified face.
CUTEEE ^ ^___________^

Esperon

An old PS luva!
See, I like that chapter...a lot...lol, if anyone wants me to explain how it all happened, cos it did actually happen, they didn't just fall asleep outside and stuff ;) I have explanations for it all! (i hope!)

Oh, and for the next chapter could the next review please give me three random pokemon for some battles in the next chapter? I hate having to choose random ones out of about 350pokemon...just too much!

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
yayza, internet's fixed...after FOUR FREAKIN' DAYS!!! Anyways, I can finally read this! :)

XD, they're still embarrased to look at each other? Pikachu was right, they are hopeless, lol.

Anywayz, I still wanna kill Koga, but at least they don't have to go back in there.

Looking forward to next chappie! :)

Turak

So glad you didn't kill Pikachu! Go Pikachu! Anyway, great chapter, and good job bringing together all of chapter 19 to an end. You want three random pokemon, how about porygon, sharpedo, and ...umm... well, Feraligator. Just a few ideas, but I would love to see porygon, seeing he is the most forgoten pokemon of all it seems. Stupid banned episode in japan ruined his good name, lol

So glad you didn't kill Pikachu! Go Pikachu! Anyway, great chapter, and good job bringing together all of chapter 19 to an end. You want three random pokemon, how about porygon, sharpedo, and ...umm... well, Feraligator. Just a few ideas, but I would love to see porygon, seeing he is the most forgoten pokemon of all it seems. Stupid banned episode in japan ruined his good name, lol

I agree, Porygon would be cool, but PorygonZ is even better.
Sharpedo to me is kind of weird, I preferrably would like Gorebyss, beautiful but deadly. If you dont like that then Politoed.
I dislike Feraligater, I prefer Typhlosion much more. If you dont like these choices then use Roserade.

Turak

I was trying to avoid the new pokemon, seeing as they are not in Kanto right now. And I was trying to pick some pokemon that weren't used very often. Anyway, can't wait for the next chapter.

Esperon

An old PS luva!
LOL thanks everyone, you will see which pokes I chose out of the following in a few days time in chappie after next:
Flygon
Arcanine
Typhlosion
Feraligatar
Porygon.

Artemis - Glad your net's fixed, I was wondering where you were!

Turak - How could you honestly believe I'd killed him :p I sing to the use of Pika in the use of pokeshipping, so many people don't like to use him, and I think it's wrong, they would never have got so close in that storm if his claws hadn't been avaliable! And thanks for trying to pick pokes that aren't used too often, nice to have some variety and I hate having to choose myself!

MistyLover - thanks for your post, but anything on the chapter?

Esperon

An old PS luva!
Hey, just finished Chapter 20 and added in the last couple of lines this moment when a bolt of inspiration hit me as I walked through the door for a little pokeshippy moment!

Chapter 20

The day was nearing the end of its life when Misty's pokenav gave off a shrill ring to announce the presence of someone on the other end. Looking at the screen before answering the call they immediately knew the caller's identity.

"Hey Brock, how are you?" asked Misty as she pressed the pick up button.

"Not too bad, hope you guys are ok and haven't killed each other yet." spoke the hand held communicator.

"Pika pi chu pi pika pipi pi chu chuchu pikachu" (Not yet but I can only break up so many fights!) replied Pikachu for the group.

"Good to hear it buddy" said Brock with a chuckle. "I was just wondering where you guys are at the moment and what sort of progress Ash has made with those gym badges."

"Well, the ship we were on towards Saffron that travels around the coastline from Vermillion, down to Fuchsia, across to Viridian and then to Saffron had a run in with a pack of Tentacruel. We actually left Koga’s Gym a few hours ago and should be in Fuchsia some time soon." said Misty and added with a frown, "Why do you want to know?"

"Because there was a small breeders meeting in Fuchsia yesterday and I stayed the night hoping to run into you guys."

"Brock that's great! We should be there in less than an hour!" exclaimed Ash, jumping into the air.

"Might want to make that two..." muttered Misty under her breath to Brock over the pokenav so Ash couldn't hear.

"Hey! I heard that!" frowned Ash, now doubly determined to reach the centre in his time estimate.

"Alright guys" chuckled Brock, "See you soon!" and the pokenav went dead.

"Well come on, what are you waiting for?" said Ash as he and Pikachu set off down the road with re-newed enthusiasm, Misty close behind.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

True to Ash's prediction not one hour later Ash, Misty, Pikachu and Azurill stepped through the
sliding doors into the pokemon centre. For some strange reason, Brock was seated in the corner,
while Nurse Joy was at the counter... Thinking this scene very strange after years of removing Brock
form more than a few of the very same counter, Misty began to make her way over the Brock to
discover that Brock was not alone.

"Susie! It's great to see you again!" exclaimed Misty, rushing over to see their friend.

"Pika pika!" greeted Pikachu to Brock as he hopped onto the table to greet his friend and began to
eye the bag under the table that usually contained quite a few ketchup snacks.

"Well it's nice to see you too Pikachu." replied Brock, scratching the rodent behind the ears and
produced on of the converted snacks. Delighted the little pokemon wasted no time in using his sharp
little teeth to access the sweet goodness inside.

"See, I told you we'd be here in only one hour!" smirked Ash, triumphant.

"Yeah, but only cos I stopped you going over that mountain." responded Misty.

"What! You were the one who wanted to take that short cut into the valley!" argued Ash

"At least my way wouldn't have lead us up into a snowy mountain!"

"Better than getting lost in some swamp land!"

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Is not!"

"Is too!"

"Pika chi pichu pika pi pipika" (It's like this all the time.) said Pikachu to Brock. "Pi chu pika
pikachu pika pichu pikachu chu, pi pi chu pikachu pi pika pi chu pikachu!" (If they don't resolve
their sexual tension soon, I may be taking a trip to my pokeball just to escape!" he shook his head
and returned to his treats.

"Whoa buddy! Is it really that bad? I'll see what I can do..." replied Brock. "Err, guys can you two
just shut up." he addressed the two teens, forcing them to abandon their argument.

"Oh, right, sorry Brock," Ash sheepishly rubbed the back of his head as he and Misty took their
seats in the booth. "Hiya Susie, how's the breeding going?" he asked the young woman.

"Very well thank you Ash." smiled Susie before her mobile went off in her bag. "Excuse me one moment...Hello?" she said into the phone and walked a little way off to allow the other to talk together.

"Hey Ash, where's your hat?" frowned Brock, finally realising why Ash's image appeared so strange.

"Huh? Oh yeah," he replied, momentarily forgetting the absence on his head. "we had a slight,
accident last week and so now no one knows where it is. If I remember rightly however, someone owes me a new hat!" he swung his gaze round to Misty.

"Yeah yeah we'll go pick one out later if you must!" she muttered grumpily. Sensing another argument could easily break out again she turned to Brock and asked, "Was the meeting good?".

"Oh yeah, it was great especially as Susie was the speaker and demonstrator. Only a few breeders were invited and as Susie only does a few of these clinics it was fantastic to be able to come." said Brock, beginning to lose it a little as his thoughts strayed to the clinic and the grace that Susie massaged away the tension in the centre's Chansey...

"Ahem!" coughed Misty, bringing him back to earth.

"Hehe...oops, sorry about that" apologised Brock, his hands straying to cover his ears should Misty feel the impulse to give them a sharp tug.

"Oh dear, I'm so sorry everyone but it appears I'm needed." said Susie as she came back to their
table. "My newest salon has just opened in Viridian City and there seem to be a few kinks in the
first week! I am truly sorry."

"That's ok Susie, it was nice to see you again anyway." said Ash.

"Yeah, you have other, much bigger issues to attend to." added Misty.

"Thank you for understanding. I hope I see you soon." she replied, gathering up her bag from beneath the table. "Brock I'll see you soon." she added before leaving the centre at a jog.

Not long afterwards the group were munching a delicious lunch of ramen and chow mien, cooked to perfection by the centre's chef. The moment Ash's fork hit the bowl for the last time he got to his feet announcing he really must call his mother, part of that little talk they had had before he left with Misty included the number of times he did, and didn't call home. After a swift glance at Brock Pikachu joined his master as he headed towards the public phones.

"So Misty, how's it all going?" asked Brock.

"What do you mean?" she answered, her fork laden with chow mien half way to her mouth.

"Travelling with Ash...alone...nobody else to *ahem* interrupt you?" said Brock with a grin that
could match that of a cheshire cat once a blush spread across Misty's face and her fork returned
to the bowl.

Letting out a sigh and realising there was no escape from his question she pushed her food away and her eyes focused on her fingers that fiddled with a spare hair band. "It's different..."

"Come on Misty, I think we both know there is something more between you and Ash. Have you thought about anything we talked about before you joined us in Hoenn?" reasoned Brock, bringing up their conversation when he had encouraged her to join them for the final of the Hoenn League.

"Yeah, quite a lot really...even when we're far apart I always seem to be thinking about him in some part of my mind." Suddenly that hair tie was particularly interesting to watch as she twirled it
between her fingers.

"You've got it bad for him, haven't you..." smiled Brock, finally it looked like they might get
together!

A smile appeared over Misty's face as everything she had thought of seemed to click into place. Maybe that was the reason why she had left the gym and was now travelling around with Ash... He had always meant more to her on an emotional level than Brock, or anyone else she knew for that matter, plus they shared a unique bond of friendship.

"Maybe you feel strongly enough that you...love...him..." said Brock as his eyes watched the girl
before him.

"You know what..." she looked up into his face. "Maybe I do..." Her smile lingered on her face for a few moments before Ash re-entered the room.

"Well mum was pleased at least." he said, sliding back into the booth next to Misty before noticing
her spaced out look. "You ok?"

"Huh? Oh yeah, better than I have been in a long time thanks Ash." she gave him a big smile before helping Azurill with her lunch.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Well we should probably get going again." said Ash, getting to his feet and stretching. The best
part of the last hour had been spent just generally chatting over not much in particular. Just like
always and it felt very strange to be walking off in opposite directions again once out of the
building. After saying goodbye the group split as Brock made his way back to the gym in Pewter
City while Ash, Misty, Pikachu and Azurill headed for the port and the next ship destined for Saffron City.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Wearily, the group trooped onto the pier, their tickets clutched in their hands as the approached the magnificent ship whose size was lost to them in their fatigued states. Receiving two card keys for their twin single bed room they moved like zombies down three sets of stairs and along two corridors to their room, where they collapsed upon a bed each and drifted off to sleep without even bothering to change.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Slowly, Misty’s eyes began to creep open as the bright sunlight shone through their tiny window. Her bed was just so comfortable after a few days on the ground and the hectic adventures they had experienced in the Fuchsia Gym. Snuggling into her pillow she saw the peaceful expression on Ash’s sleeping face and began to feel truly content, yet no longer sleepy in the slightest.

Quietly she slid out of her bed, wrinkling her nose at the crinkled state of her clothes and made her way to the bathroom for a nice warm shower, grabbing a few spare clothes from her bag. The warm water cascaded over her head and body as she relished in the fantastic sensation as travelling on the road meant forsaking such small pleasures. Movement from within their room could be heard as she shut off the shower, pinning her hair to the back of her head with a spare chop stick she stepped out of the shower and wrapped herself up in the white fluffy material. Hugging herself tightly she took in a deep breath and was about to start drying her body when the door suddenly flew open as Ash burst in. His face went a brilliant shade of red and he began mouthing incapably while she just stood there, a light blush appearing over her face and the tips of her ears. Pikachu poked his head round behind Ash to look into the bathroom and began chuckling gleefully at the scene, before Ash turned on his heel and closed the door. His face was still a brilliant shade of red as he looked at his crazy Pikachu laughing on the floor. Indecision over what to do filled Ash’s mind as he tried to think about what to do, gaping wildly like a Magicarp before turning on his heel again, opening to door to the corridor and swiftly walking out after yelling to Misty he was going for a walk.

Once the door to the bathroom closed on Misty again, she couldn’t help but giggle, especially when she could almost hear the cogs of shock turning in his head and the indecision running through his head before he called through to say he was on a walk.

Taking a seat on the closed top of the loo, she began to smile and felt extremely warm and just happy for a moment before deciding it really was time to get some breakfast. It’s just he was so cute when he was clueless and embarrassed!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Leaving Pikachu inside the room, Ash made his way up to the main deck to lean against the railings surrounding the top deck. The cool breeze felt wonderful on his warm face, bringing the temperature and colour down and back to normal. Staring at the frothing water beneath the ship, he couldn’t help turning his thoughts back to that moment when he had opened the door to the bathroom to find Misty standing there in nought but a towel. Her cheeks were slightly pink from the heat of the shower and her red hair was darker than normal from the wet, taking away the usual sharp appearance it could possess. The few strands framing her face that had escaped from behind her head, along with the tint of gold she had acquired on loan from the morning sun had given her the appearance of an angel. She was just so beautiful…How was he ever going to tell her how he felt…

He became lost in the swirling motion of the water passing beneath him, completely mesmerised and didn’t hear anyone approach. He started when Misty was standing right next to him, her hair drying in the breeze and gently caressing her shoulders. She was clad in her usual yellow shorts but this time had a pale blue top, in the same style as her usual yellow with one button in the middle. Her midriff was left bare rather than covered by another top.

“Well,” she said, “shall we go and get some breakfast?”

“Sure.” He replied as they made their way to the stairs, down to the main buffet restaurant. “Where’s Pikachu?”

“He’s still in our room, decided he wanted another nap before hitting the pokemon centre later!” she laughed, thanking him as he held open the door for her. “Are you going to sign up for the battle tournament? You know, the one Nurse Joy on the other ship said they hold when crossing from Fuchsia to Viridian.” She asked while helping herself to some tea in a large pot.

“Yeah, might do. It would be good to give Swellow some practise as we haven’t done much lately.” He replied after thinking it over for a moment as they sat down at a table near a corner of the room. “How about you?”

“Well,” she said, looking over the lip of her mug of tea, “we’ll just have to see what the competition is really like, decide whether it’s worth enough for me!” she teased with a smile and a light giggle.

“Oh really…” he returned her mischievous smile while returning to his breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

“Hey, come on buddy time to wake up!” said Ash cheerfully to the prone lump on his bed as he and Misty entered their cabin again to collect their pokemon.

“Pi pikapi…” murmured Pikachu as he rolled over again as if to swat away his trainer. Stifling a small chuckle, Ash removed from his pocket a large packet of ketchup, swiped from the breakfast table. Smearing a small amount over his finger, he wafted the delicious scent over the sensitive nose of his pokemon. The nose twitched and Pikachu’s head began to rise into the air, following the scent of the ketchup.

BUMP! Ash moved his finger away from Pikachu every time he got close until Pikachu hopped off the bed and onto the floor, waking up on impact. Shaking his head and looking around, he found a full ketchup packet beside him, Misty in the bathroom and Ash looking through his bag on the other side of the room. Frowning and contemplating whether someone required a shocking he decided against it and tucked into the ketchup packet that had conveniently been left open.

“Come on buddy.” Said Ash at the door, waiting as Pikachu put the near empty packet in his mouth and hopped up onto Ash’s shoulder to concentrate better on eating rather than walking. “You can only sit there if NO ketchup lands on me…kapiche?”

“Chuuuuu!” he cooed back, already darting his little red tongue in the ketchup yet remaining perfectly balanced from years of practise once Ash started to follow Misty down the corridor.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Arriving a few minutes later at the Pokemon Centre, Ash and Misty approached the Nurse Joy behind the counter who had just finished receiving pokemon from other trainers. “Good morning! How may I help you?” she inquired.

“Hello Nurse Joy, we just wanted to drop off our pokemon so they could have a once over and be healed.” Said Misty while she rummaged through her shoulder bag for all her pokeballs and placed them on the table.

“Yeah, and to see how many people have signed up for the tournament.” Added Ash as he too placed his pokeballs on the table next to Pikachu who was still licking his paws for any remains of ketchup.

“Well, the tournament itself only takes place over one day and we allow eight people per division so that trainers only have to take part in a maximum of three single battles throughout the day.” She informed while checking in their pokemon.

“Ok, how are the divisions worked out?” asked Ash, rather interested.

“It all depends on your ranking within the people who have entered the tournament. If for example, 40 people enter, then the top eight will be in one division, the next in the next division of eight and so on. When you enter you have to state your major achievements in contests, league positions or the number of badges you have.”

“Sounds like you’d easily be in the top division after Hoenn.” Said Misty, impressed that such a layout had been planned.

“Probably…” he replied, considering whether to enter or just have a nice day watching others do the work…nah, where was the fun in that! “I’ll enter Nurse Joy.” He stated, a smile of anticipation across his face while is left fist was clenched.

“Alright then, I’ll need to know your major achievements since you started as a trainer and the three pokemon you will be using.” Smiled Nurse Joy as she swivelled round on her chair to use the computer database.

“Err, well a few years ago I came in the top 16 in the Indigo League, then I went on to win the Orange Islands Trophy before entering in the Silver Conference in Johto to come in the top eight. And the other month I won the Hoenn League.” He finished with a smug look. He’d done quite well really in the last few years. “Oh yeah and I have four Kanto Gym badges to enter the next Indigo League Championships.” He added as an afterthought.

With each new achievement he listed, Nurse Joy’s eyes widened and she gave him a very shocked expression when the list was finished. “My my, you are definitely one of the best trainers we’ve had as far as their history goes. However the hard part about this tournament is that you have to state which three pokemon you are going use and in the order you shall be using them. This is to test how trainers are when a type advantage can’t easily be chosen and pokemon with a wide variety of attacks are desired.”

“Ok then, I’ll start off with Swellow, use Pikachu for the second match and Grovyle for the third.” He quickly decided, not wanting to seriously think had on his chosen team mate.

“Ok then, you’re all set and entered!” she said with a cheerful smile. “The divisions will be announced here at noon with the matches starting at half past. I will put your Swellow, Pikachu and Grovyle on the urgent list so that all are fighting fit for you matches. This may mean however that your other pokemon will not be available for collection until later in the day.”

“That’s ok Nurse Joy, we’ll see you later.” Smiled Misty while she and Ash made their way out of the Centre before pausing in front of a large map of the ship mounted on the wall.

“We’ve got three hours to do something with before I need to be back here. Do you fancy going to the games arcade?” Asked Ash.

“Might as well. Anything else might easily take too much time.” Agreed Misty as she walked beside him down the corridor and up a flight of steps to an area where the sounds of small, kiddie children mingled with the distraught noise of the parents and the video games.

They casually strolled through the arcade, taking in the air hockey table, the racing car simulators, the Ponyta and Rapidash racing simulators and the glass display cases for the claw game. (The one where you have to move the claw to pick up cuddly toys and stuff, can’t remember what they’re called!).

“Hey Ash look!” Misty grabbed his arm and pointed towards the far end of the arcade. Dragging his over he was soon able to see a large circular area had been cordoned off by boards, about four feet in height, and beyond that there were people sliding around in the ice rink. Ash could feel his spirits sinking lower and lower as Misty dragged him closer to the hut where you could borrow ice skating boots.

“Err Misty,” he began, rubbing the back of his head, “are you sure you want to go ice skating…?”

“Of course Ash!” she beamed back at him from ordering their boot sizes and handing over the necessary amount for the boot hire and time on the ice. “I love ice skating, almost as much as swimming! I haven’t been for ages so I hope I can still remember a few things…” her mind wandered off to other things.

“Okay…it’s just that, well, I’m not really that good at ice skating…” he told her sheepishly.

“Ugh, don’t be pathetic! You can’t be that bad and I’ll help you if you need.” She replied offhandedly while doing up the laces on her skates, waiting for Ash to follow suit, which he bit albeit reluctantly.

Stepping out onto the smooth, slippery surface of the ice, Misty forgot where she was, who she was with and everything about the present as she was transported back in time to when she was about eight years old. The surge from sliding on the ice sped through her as she began to gather speed in the rink, twisting elegantly in the air to land back on her skates, this time going backwards with just as much ease she had had while going forwards.

His mouth began to fall open when Misty twisted back to skating forwards and jumped into the air, performing a perfect pirouette to land gracefully on the ice, moving in an arc to come back towards him. Grinning, she stopped just in front of him and he came back to his senses to praise her amazing skills. Blushing a little and shaking off the praise she took his hand and pulled him onto the ice.

Ash gave out a small yelp when his feet disappeared from beneath him and he wobbled precautiously until Misty grabbed him firmly by the arm. Regaining his balance, he allowed Misty to show him the best way to move forward, slowly but effectively across the ice while he clutched tightly onto her hand. As they began to gather a little speed, Misty attempted to loosen the grip between her and Ash, wanting him to move a little on his own without her physical support. Slowly, his anchor removed itself and Ash felt a small thrill of excitement once he realised he was now moving on his own. The success was short lived however as he managed to trip on the smooth surface and fall onto the hard ice, taking Misty with him.

Giggling madly with him, Misty gently whacked him over the head and they both got to their feet. They soon discovered that the best way for both of them to enjoy the ice was for Misty to skate effortlessly backwards while Ash struggled along holding her hands, trying not to fall, again.

Their cold fingers told them when it was time to go so they handed in their skates and shoved their fingers deep within their pockets to bring back the feeling of life.

Walking around the arcade, having a go on a few games each, Ash’s attention was caught by a plush Azurill doll, sitting pride of place in the centre of one of the games to operate the claw and pick up the desired object. Approaching the game, he swiftly entered a few coins, calculating the distances required to expertly pick up the doll. Lounging on the side of the cabinet, Misty asked, “You can’t honestly believe you’re going to get one of those. These things are rigged to never let you win.” Her attention wandered to gaze about the arcade, swiftly turning back to Ash when she heard a clunk and the lights on the game were flashing stupidly.

“You were saying?” he grinned while holding forward the Azurill doll. Shocked, she blushed lightly and took the doll, giving it a tight squeeze in the process.

“Thank you, that’s so kind of you.” She thanked him, “But how did you get it? I’ve spend easily my whole weekly allowance on these things and never won once!”

“Ahh Misty, you should know a great master never reveals his secrets!” he winked at her teasingly, earning himself another playful hit on the head.

“You’re so silly!” she laughed, hugging the doll tightly. On a strange impulse, she looked straight into his face and leaned forward to place a soft kiss on his cheek that left him completely stunned. Before moving her face away she softly whispered with a smile, “But still very sweet.”

He blushed a light red and she giggled again before linking her arm in his and dragging him towards the Rapidash races exclaiming, “Come on, I’ll race ya!”

With little choice in the matter, Ash allowed himself to be dragged across the room as he gently touched the place on his cheek where Misty's kiss had alighted and smiled softly to himself.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well? How was that?

EDIT: I have 3 spaces for people's names and descriptions if they want to be mentioned in the next chapter. I'd like your real names, cos forum names would be a little strange, but if you don't want to give them but still want to be mentioned in the fic, that's fine! You could even choose the pokemon you want to battle with if you want!
(yes, this is me being lazy and not wanting to come up with my own characters, but it gets the readers into it! (I know, really bad pun!))

Last edited:

Artemis Ignitan

*~*Northwind Gale*~*
YAYZ, SHIPPY! XD Typical shower moment, rofl. I also like that little snake charmer thing you did with Pikachu and the ketchup. And then the Azurill doll! *squeeeeeeeee*

I'd like to be in the chappie!
Name: Lanka (tis' my middle name but everybody calls me that)
Description: Long black hair in a braided ponytail, glasses, brown eyes, prefers the colors green, blue and white.
Personality: Quirky/intelligent/abrupt
Pokemon: I'm gonna use the pokemon that my personal favorite fanfic character uses, seeing as I based her on myself. They be nicknamed.
Blazki- Blazekin
Lightning- Pikachu
Flyai- Flygon
Bianca- Beautifly
Abigail- Absol
Gardi- Gardevior

Be looking forward to your next chappie!

Esperon

An old PS luva!
YAY! I have a person to write in! *goes into hyper typer stage to write chapter* And you're only using one poke, might have one on a shoulder that is always ou but only one to battle with and as I haven't used a Beautiful at all, Bianca is in!

Anyone else?

XxM!styxX

shooting the moon ☆
“You’re so silly!” she laughed, hugging the doll tightly. On a strange impulse, she looked straight into his face and leaned forward to place a soft kiss on his cheek that left him completely stunned. Before moving her face away she softly whispered with a smile, “But still very sweet.”
Cutest part ^ ^________^
I'd like to be in it:
Name: Mariella
Description: brown hair, sorta layered, blond highlights [lol describing myself]; short-ish, and skinny-ish lol [i actually managed to lose enough weight to call myself skinny yipee]
Personality: smart, calm, shy
Pokemon: Well, my main one would be: either azurill OR poliwag, walking at my feet; other pokemon you cna choose from if you dont want those: Luvdisc, mudkip, chinchou, or corsola
=] great chappy

Esperon

An old PS luva!
This is becoming so much fun adding real people in! I just hope I can get your descriptions right and I don't offend anyone! The stinky thing though is that I'm out all tonight and tomorrow night so however much I want to write, I CAN'T!!!!! rather annoying but I have some battle scenes to prepare!

XxM!styxX you're in the fic with a Poliwag on the shoulder and a Chinchou for the battle! BTW the pokemon pairings that you will be going up against have already been chosen and posted in the last chapter. Cos this would give Ash a double match with type advantages, Artemis Ignitan you're battling with Absol as one hasn't been mentioned for the whole fic!

Last edited:

Flaaffy_Fan

PKMN Trainer
Name: TJ (it's my nickname but w/e)
Description: a boy, very short orange-reddish hair, freckles, above average height, generally wears red and black.
Personality: Smart and sarcastic
Pokemon:
Flaaffy (walks by my side)
Wigglytuff
Rapidash
Dewgong
Tangela
Totodile