• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Beginnings of my Hail Team

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
This is only the start of this team. I know it'll need a lot of fixing before it's perfect, but that's why I'm posting it. For everbody's advice.

1st
Abomasnow @ Leftovers
- Wood Hammer/Focus Punch (this'll determine if I use Substitute or not. Which is a better move?)
- Blizzard
- Leech Seed
- Protect/Substitute
Sassy Nature
252 HP/20 SpAtk/160 SpDef/76 Spd

Walrein @ Leftovers
-Protect
-Toxic/Earthquake (dunno which one to choose)
-Blizzard
-Substitute
Bold Nature
252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef

Torterra @ Leftovers
-Wood Hammer
-Earthquake
-Leech Seed
-Stealth Rock
Impish Nature
212 HP/252 Def/44 Spd

The first 3 pokemon are in the team for sure. I don't know what other pokemon to use. I think I need a sweeper Please help me choose as this is my first competitive team and I'm having trouble making it :D

Last edited:

Blazios

It's not really a Hail Team, is it? It's just a... a... a team with Abomasnow in it. You have 1 other potential team member that resists Hail. TBH, unless you get a few more things that resist Hail, the most logical choice would be to drop Abomasnow, because practically nothing benefits from it.

Last edited:

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
So, would Tyranitar be a better choice?

And even though most of my Pokemon don't resist Hail, their Blizzards gain accuracy. Which is good enough for me

griffins_guardian

GuardianofKnowledge;
As noted, this is barely a Hail Team... 'chomp is banned from standard play, he's Uber now. And a good suggestion for any hail team would be Walrein@ Lefties with Protect/Substitute/2 fillers, preferably toxic one of them.

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661
Ok, would this be a good set for Walrein:

Walrein @ Leftovers
-Protect
-Toxic
-Blizzard
-Substitute
Bold Nature
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD

????????

I could run Walrein(with Ice Body Ability) instead of Swampert.

Any more suggestions on the team?

It's shaping up to be a lot of stall. Is that good or bad? I've neer made a competitive team before, so I don't know. Do I need a sweeper or two?

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661

Walrein @ Leftovers
-Protect
-Toxic
-Blizzard
-Substitute
Bold Nature
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD

????????

It's shaping up to be a lot of stall. Is that good or bad? I've never made a competitive team before, so I don't know. Do I need a sweeper or two?

Ansem1013

4768-7457-8661

Walrein @ Leftovers
-Protect
-Toxic
-Blizzard
-Substitute
Bold Nature
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpD

????????

It's shaping up to be a lot of stall. Is that good or bad? I've neer made a competitive team before, so I don't know. Do I need a sweeper or two?