• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Bell (FerrisWheelShipping, Oneshot)

Toxic Nightshade

GET TO DEL TACO
Rating: PG (some death reference.)
Fandom: Pokemon
Pairing: FerrisWheelShipping - White X N
Notes: There will be a brief mention of events that happen in Black 2 and White 2, so I suggest not reading this story if you do not want major things spoiled. Also i'm not quite sure if this is a drabble or more of a oneshot, it seemed kind of long to be a drabble in my opinion.

The Bell

Hot tears were streaming down White's face, dripping on the grave of her beloved Snivy. It felt like this whole day was a bad dream that she couldn't wake up from. She half expected to wake up in her magenta bed, hugging Snivy tightly. White knew that idea was only a dream though. She just couldn't believe he died this morning right in front of her ocean blue eyes. The scene kept replaying in her brain, like a broken record. It seemed like a perfect morning in Nuvema town. Snivy was playing on the icebergs in the waters below, which she is usually not worried about. If Snivy fell in he had his vine whip to get himself out. Except this morning was different. The waters were colder than usual, and much more torrential. Snivy got knocked off of the iceberg like he was a rag-doll. White screamed and yelled but it was no use. Snivy was falling into the water, he sunk like a rock. She was panicking at that instant, so she sent out her Jellicent to go catch him. He was able to get him back into her arms, but by the time he saved him, Snivy had hypothermia. White rushed over to Professor Juniper's lab, and she did all she could. Five long minutes later she said that Snivy had died. Now she is here, sitting in the Celestial Tower dirt with the wild Litwicks surrounding her. First it was Cheren... then my own mother. Now it was Snivy's turn to be taken by the cruel Grim Reaper's hand. Why did her life have to be like this?

White stared at the freshly packed dirt that she buried Snivy in. Now she was truly alone. Bianca is studying the history of Sinnoh in Solaceon Town, her only true friend thousands of miles away. White checked her pink Xtransceiver, hoping to find a signal. Of course there wouldn't be.. her Xtransceiver didn't have any bars here. Even if it did, who knows how a signal would reach Sinnoh from Unova? She slipped it back into her bag, and felt Snivy's Pokeball. It felt so empty without Snivy nestled in it, even though he only traveled on her left shoulder. While shedding another tear, White softly set down the red Pokeball in front of his grave. Snivy was her first partner ever. White remembered picking him out, and forced into a battle by Bianca. She remembered that huge mess they made, and how they traveled through the Unova region together seven long years ago. She closed her eyes and thought to herself, Now I'm all alone.

She heard soft footsteps walking behind her. White didn't even bother turning around. It was most likely another mourner like herself.

"..White?" she suddenly stood up, still not looking behind her. She knew this voice anywhere. All the memories came flowing back, the battles, the talking, the king. White slowly turned around and saw a man in khaki pants with a Menger Sponge hanging off of his belt loop. He had very long green hair tied back in a ponytail, and piercing green eyes. He had various square gold bracelets. He smiled softly at White, causing something in her heart to soften.

"It is you.. I finally found you after seven long years," he said quickly as he wiped the tear from White's face. "I cannot hear Snivy's voice. Did something happen?"

White slowly nodded and started crying again. "N... Snivy... died this morning. I b-blame myself. It's all my fault-" he shushed her.

"It's not your fault White. This was obviously meant to happen. You cannot control fate," N said sweetly as he hugged her tightly. "Just remember that Snivy is always with you."

"I just miss him so much... I could of saved him. I-I..I can't do this!" she laid her head on his shoulder. N was always there for White, he always seemed to show up at the right times in the past. After not seeing him for seven years she lost hope of him ever coming back. Now that he was here, White seemed safer. Of course her other Pokemon could protect her, but this feeling was different. She needed N.

"It's okay... I know it's hard White. In fact I came here to ring the bell at the top of the tower. I think it would make you feel better if you ring it as well. It is said to calm the restless spirits. Would you please come with me?"

White slowly nodded, as she wiped away her tears. She had to be strong this time, she had to be strong for Snivy. White took N's hand and he lead her to the roof top. Clouds were surrounding the area, along with a thin layer of fog. She let go of his hand and slowly walked towards the giant cracked bell. The breeze was strong, blowing her brown ponytail to the side. The bell rang softly in the wind. White quietly pushed the bell with force, causing it to ring throughout the entire tower. The melodious sound was calm, yet strong as it reverberated in her head. Suddenly her sadness about Snivy lessened. She felt his presence on her shoulder, where he usually sat. White looked on her left shoulder, half expecting Snivy to be sitting there quaintly. There was nothing there, but somehow she felt his reassuring weight on her shoulder. She smiled to herself. N was right after all, Snivy was always with her.

Her thoughts were interrupted by the bell ringing once more. The sound was different, it resembled something more mysterious and sweet instead. White saw N staring at the bell as it moved. She clutched his arm, "Thank you so much N."

He smiled softly at her, "I will always be here for you White."

"But... what about those long seven years you were away? I lost hope a long time ago of you ever coming back," she snapped, trying to keep the anger from her voice. Her feelings were sometimes a touchy subject to talk about. White never really had a chance to talk about this before, with her mom and Cheren gone; She recalled telling some of this to Bianca before she left though. White really did miss N a lot. She just never admitted it.

"I know I left you, but I needed to find my true purpose in life. I realized what I was doing wrong. Though I ended up giving my Zekrom to a nice trainer named Rosa, who reminded me so much of you. My "father" almost killed her, and she used to visit me in my castle all the time. We rode the Ferris Wheel together as well," N stated reluctantly as White looked at him with a gleam in her eyes. "I remember that Ferris Wheel ride... it was one of my best memories growing up. I haven't ridden it for a couple years.."

"I always loved the circular motion of the Ferris Wheel... it brings back good memories. I really wish to ride it again," he said as White took both of his hands. "Can we go ride it today?" N smiled brightly, which made White feel much happier, still feeling the weight of Snivy on her shoulder.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*

The large Ferris Wheel turned slowly, towering above everybody. The cute Pokeball cars held four passeners or less, which was just fine. The line for the ride was fairly short, with night falling fast except for those few tourists who hope to see the annual summer fireworks from a good angle.

When N and White got into the car, all the memories flooded back into her mind. When she first met him, she thought he was a stalker. It took pushing to get her into the car with him seven years ago, but she was glad she finally gave up the fight against him.

The Ferris Wheel finally got moving again. As the sun was setting, Nimbasa City lit up like a Christmas Tree. She could see the light of Elesa's Gym, and the Big and Small Domes for basketball and other sports. The view was truly gorgeous.

"Thank you for taking me here White... I missed this place so much," N stated as he took her hand.

"I did as well.. you really helped me today N. I was so distraught about what happened to Snivy. After I rang the bell I truly felt his spirit all around me," she touched her left shoulder where Snivy used to sit all the time.

"For some reason I felt compelled to go to Celestial Tower and ring the bell.. I do it every so often. Now I'm glad I did, because I finally found you after seven years of looking." White smiled at him. She felt so loved that somebody actually never stopped looking after seven years. Without thinking she kissed his cheek quickly, as Snivy's presence was felt all around her.

"Please don't leave again."

"...I promise you, I won't even dream of it," he said sweetly as the fireworks started, the sky flooded with colors and sounds.

Last edited:

DragonTrainerSilver

<-- Starving dragon
Hmmm....not bad,not bad at all...kind of tear jerker,I like that. Two thumb's up!