• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Best (and sometimes worst) of Pixar

AstroSaur

favourite: finding nemo. i actually laugh out loud when i watch it.
o:

least favourite: the incredible. iunno...it just didn't do much for me. i liked edna, though.​

Cobalt_Latios

My least favorite was Cars. WHY are they still advertising crap about it!?
Maybe they're trying to make up for the horrible box office :p.

Toy Story was their best hands down. I think its one of the greatest childrens films of all time. Worst is hard to tell since Pixar is yet to make a bad film. I guess the most forgettable is A Bugs Life
Funny, because that's the first DVD movie I ever had. But, yes it was that forgettable.

Favorite: Tie between Ratatouille and Wall-E
Second: The Incredibles and Finding Nemo
Least: Cars, Bugs Life

Honorable mentions: Monsters Inc.

You're probably wondering why Toy Story 1 and 2 aren't my list. Because of their timelessness, they're going to be guarantees anyway. So, I put the ones that could very well "fluctate" with my tastes.

~C_L~

I liked them all the same, except Ratatouille (Sp?), that one is slightly below the others. I haven't seen Wall*E yet, but I heard it was good.

What I don't understand, is why people don't like Cars. That one was one of the best. ever.

Elrade

Snarky snark snark.
WALL-E is not just Pixar's best movie. It is not just the best animated movie ever. It is the BEST. MOVIE. EVER. Period.

Cars was sub-par and mediocre. It had a basically good plot, but they stretched it out for a good half-hour longer than they should have. Also, I got kind of tired of Finding Nemo after being dragged to it so many times. I mean, I still LIKE it, (especially the sharks. Having sharks portrayed in a sympathetic light is just.. heartwarming for me. Sharks are my favorite aquatic animal.) but not as much as the others.

Having Nemo invade Epcot and replace the epic Tarzan Rocks! didn't help. It would have been better if they had taken Disneyland's route; refitting the old 20,000 Leagues Under the Sea ride for a Nemo ride. Ah, well...

Here's my list:
1. WALL-E (Just.. Perfect. And, even though I'm a guy... WALL-E is the msot adorable robot ever.)
2. The Incredibles (It was the most original superhero movie ever, and the only Pixar movie that really DOES need a sequel. Like, it could involve what they go through now that Supers are back, and when a new generation of Supers - both good and evil - appear. Or something else only Pixar could come up with...)
3. Toy Story 2 (Improved on the original in every way. Better animation, better humor, better everything.)
4. Monsters, Inc. (I always LOVED monsters, and this was a great movie, and possibly their funniest.)
5. Ratatouille (It was good, but a little too... I dunno, artsy to be truly great.)
6. A Bug's Life (I like it, but it was forgettable. But, anything that portrays mantids as heroes is immediately awesome.)
7. Finding Nemo (I liked it, and Bruce, Chum and Anchor are truly awesome, as are Crush and Dory, but I was dragged to it too many times.)
8. Toy Story (The sequel was MUCH better than the first, which is rare.)
9. Cars (Unlike the others, it was only slightly above average fare. It felt like, since this was originally going to be the last film they made with Disney before Disney bought out Pixar, they made it below average just to irk Disney.)

Last edited:

Josiah

is your favorite
My favorite was The Incredibles. I agree that it's the only film that would do well with a sequel, and I think they can pull it off after the great job they did with Toy Story 2.

Cars was the only movie that I didn't much care for, and I'm planning to wath WALL-E and Ratatouille eventually.

Knatnuks~Skuntank

<-Smells good
I absolutely loved Toy Story it was one of the first movies I remember watching as a little kid and I will always remember that one. It was great with a great cast, good humor, and the soundtrack had Randy Newman on it which made it awesome.

And when I got the special 10 year anniversairy one I was so happy but then my little brother left it on the floor and my sister stepped on it and broke it I almost cried.

Phantom Gardevoir

Alphonse's Wifey XD
I actually hate Toy Story, both 1 and 2. It just....I dunno, it didn't affect me really. Not to mention they showed it all the time if I turned on the television--and my little cousin plays it EVERY SINGLE DAY. It just got stale for me.

I have to say, my favorite is The Incredibles, with a rather endearing storyline without making it too cliche. Edna was a nice touch, too. ^^

Hakajin

Obsessive Shipper
Well, the great thing about The Incredibles was that it was both a kids' and adults' film. The kids could enjoy the humor and the plot, but a lot of it was a satire that was above children's heads. It was entertaining social commentary. Not many children's films today are that intelligent. Most of them just have simplistic messages like "don't fight," or "try your hardest." I don't think they should make a sequel to that one, however. I think it was perfect as it was. Anything else would kind of ruin it.

This would be my list.

1) Monsters. Inc- My FAVOURITE Pixar movie
2) The Incredibles- Funny, a good story, and pretty good. It SCREAMS sequel
3) Finding Nemo- Remains one of the best movies i've ever seen so far
4) Wall-E- Awsome. 'Nuff said.

jigglypoof

oldskool pokeshipper
My top two would have to be Finding Nemo and The Incredibles (if only for the awesome music!).

I haven't seen Cars or Wall-E, so I can't comment on those. "Rat" might be a least favorite, since it was cool but didn't really do anything to grab me, to make me really love it.

Last edited:

Jazmin (Jasmine)

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAFFLES!
My favorite would have to be Monsters Inc.

Aggron95

tildes gonna tilde~
Favorite: Cars. I don't understand why people say this is subpar.
Least Favorite: Monsters Inc. This one is subpar.

octoboy

I Crush Everything
Ah Pixar. One of the most successful computer animated movie making companies in the business.

I can't pick favourites, so I'll just go through them by release (as well as I can).

Toy Story: Back when this was released during my childhood years, I'd considered it just another one of Disney's collection. Pretty good start for the company, and really fun to watch. Looking at it now, I love how each toy in the story had something to add to the plot.

A Bug's Life: It's been overshadowed by the more recent movies, but still dang good. I'd still watch it if an empty case wasn't all that was left of it. I love the number of climatic points of the film.

Toy Story 2: Pretty good sequel as far as sequels go. The supporting role has gone a little less interesting here, but it's not noticable unless you look at it critically

Monsters Inc.: One of my favourites. Of course, watching the special ed DVD is a good way to make me like an animated movie. This was one of the funnier movies, but I remember being thoroughly terrified during the theatric release. Those CDA scared me...

Finding Nemo: People sure loved this one. I did find it really enjoyable despite the hype, and the niggling fact that the optimistic character was played as a halfwitted moron, while the paranoid one played straightman... I liked Bruce. Disney's shark sure has come a long way from being a dumb animal in The Little Mermaid.

The Incredibles: Excellent. A fast paced action film is always a good thing, and it was brilliantly executed. I like the messages in this one too, like the discussion on whether valuing life was weakness or not. I also notice the one who makes up for lack of powers with technology got beat by the one who's naturally strong... Meowth much?

Cars: It was kind of lame. So was Cars as a matter of fact. A human-free world of cars is a concept I would prefer to stay in the Putt-Putt games.

Ratatoille: Definitley one of the best. It was so full of emotion. And it was totally deep as well, and the fact that it didn't end perfectly for everybody was a nice twist. It had good humourous moments too, and played well on the general fear of rats shared by people... Oh, man, watching Ratatoille with my mother is a completely different ordeal... Screams every time.

Wall-E: I must say this was really cute. I liked the fact that they finally pulled off a feature length film where the main characters didn't speak (or speak totally clearly), something which has been vetoed by CG movie companies a few times before. The message was great too. A wonderful amount of life was put into such a mechanical character.

Ergh... I keep forgetting that Dinosaur and Chicken Little weren't Pixar, and want to count them in here. I was wondering why nobody had mentioned them.

As for my favourite... It bugs me to have to choose one, but I'd probably go with one of the more middle ones, like The Incredibles or Monsters Inc. Of course, Ratattoille was excellent as well...

Okay, let's say they're all the best of Pixar... Except for Cars, that was sort of lousy.

Neko Godot

Hey! Listen!
Cars gets way too much hate, especially considering A Bug's Life and Finding Nemo were much weaker movies. Sure, the very idea is ridiculous, but Paul Newman as the grumpy old retired racecar is just so great that the rest of the movie doesn't matter.

My favorite is The Incredibles, and my least favorite would be a tie between A Bug's Life and Finding Nemo. Those two both had too weak of a story, and Finding Nemo suffered from being much too episodic.

Magical Pokemon

I love Care Bears!
I love all of them!

I have seen every disney and/or pixar mivie except ratoulie, (spelled wrong) and Wall-E. I am going to go see Wall-E tonight. I believe that Disney/pixar movies have done a great job in protraying things that are told in different points of view and/or different time. I love all of their movies.

Cipher

Nothing to be done
Having now seen Wall-E, it's easily my favorite Pixar movie. Tasteful, creative plot, strangely touching, and not without its share of laughs. And I really can't say no to adorable robots.