• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Best Ash

Who's Better?

• Total voters

Genaller

Silver Soul
Best Ash in terms of what?

Rajas

XY Ash is the best currently for me but SM Ash is quickly rising so far due to his competence. By the end of SM he may be the best/strongest.

Genaller

Silver Soul
Who's the better Trainer.

In that case my answer would be XY Ash but DP Ash already beat XY Ash head to head for the forum consensus of “better” trainer so XY Ash winning here wouldn’t really mean much assuming he even does. If we’re basing it on the teams they raised then I’d still say XY Ash because A-G was his strongest and KL finals Peakachu was Pikachu’s strongest version yet though again a lot of people here would disagree with both of those claims. Ash did have a line about the Kalos team being his best, but the most that tells us is that it was better than any of the other 6 mon formations he’s actually used in battle a.k.a it’s at least better than his Tobias team (and again many here would consider that a bold claim).

keepitsimple

site of lies
BW Ash because he caught a lot of pokemon and has a bigger regional team than all of them except for OS Ash. He also had some really strong pokemon. Krookodile, Pignite and Leavanny are underrated tbh

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
In terms of what? Character development? Battle record? Interactions with the cast? Design? Use as eye candy? Cooking skill? Ability to not get on my nerves?

PokemonBattleFanatic-

In terms of being the best "trainer" I personally don't think there is one yet,DP Ash had the best team but they had outside help and his ace Infernape was previously owned by Paul who also was giving it training.

XY Ash trained his team without help from others and managed to get to the Top 2 without using reserves but barring the Ash-Greninja transformation his team as a whole doesn't really stand out from AG Ash's Hoenn Leauge team.

PokemonBattleFanatic-

BATTLING
1.DP Ash
2.XY Ash
3.AG Ash
4.OS Ash
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TRAINING
1.DP Ash/XY Ash/AG Ash
2.OS Ash
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
CAPTURING
1.DP Ash/XY Ash/AG Ash
2.OS Ash
TEAM
1.DP Ash
2.XY Ash/AG Ash
3.OS Ash

PokemonBattleFanatic-

BATTLING
1.DP Ash
2.XY Ash
3.AG Ash
4.OS Ash
TRAINING
1.DP Ash/XY Ash/AG Ash
2.OS Ash
CAPTURING
1.DP Ash/XY Ash/AG Ash
2.OS Ash
TEAM
1.DP Ash
2.XY Ash/AG Ash
3.OS Ash

This would make DP Ash the best "all-around" version when factoring all 4 categories.