• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The best PMD Pokémon!

MasterCharizard15

Manly Eybrows!
;006;
Charizard
Pros
*Heatwave. {Monster House fail to be a pain now...}
*Dual type. {IQ can be rasied super fast.}
*Excellent Stats. {Nuff said}
*Superb lvl 1 Stats and Moves. {Dragon Claw, Heat wave...}
*With its item, it only has electric types moves for a weakness.

Cons.
-Rock and eklectric types moves hurt, alot.
-Can't be gotten till the end of the game.

Overall Charizard is win. :)

Umbreon9

It's been a while...
I just recruited an Electrike, and I am loving him! I linked howl with spark (for now) and I think I'm going to keep him on my team (even though I'm a Pikachu, so there's no good coverage or anything xD). I'll put all the pros and cons and stuff after I've really worked with him though. But so far I think he's pretty good.

calze6

Reclaiming da ladder
Kecleon. Best stats ever. Ideal for zero isles. What more do you need to say?

In a Quandary

As the Title Says...
Flygon.

Pros:
- Decent stats
- Good for lava areas where Fire-types abound
- Is in IQ group D, gets the awesome Concentrator, Clutch Performer, Critical Dodger, Extra Striker, Stair Sensor & Trap-Seer IQ skills
- Has innate All-Terrain Hiker due to Levitate ability

Moveset:
Dragon Claw (close-range, powerful STAB attack)
Dragonbreath (line of sight, destroys anything that isn't Steel-typed)
Earth Power (room-hitter, 'nuff said)
Flamethrower (roasts any Steel-type that resists the above Dragon attacks)

Cons:
- Can't handle Ice attacks
- Have to raise Trapinch to lvl 65 to get Earth Power
- Many Pokemon are immune to Earth Power due to Levitate

Skydra

Palkia. Why?
1) His Spacial Rend hits all pokemon in the room.
2)He is automatically recruited the second time you battle him, no 50% chance like some of the legendaries
3) The best of all... the only pokemon who can learn the IQ skill Absolute Mover! This IQ skill takes a lot of gummis to get, but it allows you to creat a path just by walking into a wall. No belly drop, either! In Red/Blue rescue team any pokemon could learn it I think, but in T/D/S its only palkia.

In a Quandary

As the Title Says...
While Absolute Mover is undoubtedly nice, Palkia takes up four party member slots, meaning that you can't bring in any partners.

Having a party of ghost-types would be far more interesting. (And Ominous Wind is an effective room-hitter, provided there are not too many normal-typed enemies.)

Tiomasta

Not amused
How about Smeargle? I don't know how Sketch works in PMD, but if you can Sketch your partners, then it should be easy.
+Heat Wave(Fire-type, hits all foes in the room), Silver Wind(Bug-type, hits all foes in the room), Spore(puts all foes in the room to sleep), anything.
+Group F in PMD2, which gets Multitalent which gives 5 extra PP for all moves. Also gets All-Terrain Hiker. Also gets Trap Buster(may destroy a trap when stepping on it). Also gets Stair Sensor.
+No 4x weakness.
+Body size 1.
-Average stats.
-In PMD2, isn't in Group D or G, so no Trap Seer(does not trigger traps).
-Single-typed, so only one gummi.

Stats aren't that big of a deal, since you can get and use stat boosters endlessly. Use some and the pokemon isn't weak anymore.

In case anyone is interested, this shows the stats of all pokemons. It's a PMD1 guide, though, so it won't show any of the new pokemons, and some pokemons may have different stats in PMD1 and PMD2. I'm assuming they aren't.

How about Golduck?
+Great stats
+Group C in PMD2, which gets Nonsleeper, Erratic Player(increases multiplier of super-effective moves), Extra Striker(may attack twice), Intimidator(may make enemy cringe after an attack).
+Has Damp, which nullifies Selfdestruct and Explosion.
+Has Cloud Nine, which nullifies weather effects.
+No 4x weakness.
-In PMD2, isn't in Group D or G, so no Trap Seer. Isn't on Group A, D, F, G or J, so no Stairs Sensor. Not suitable for leader.
-In PMD1, if not obtained as starter can only be obtained late in the game in Joyous Tower.
-Single-typed, so only one gummi.

;006;
Charizard
Pros
*Heatwave. {Monster House fail to be a pain now...}
*Dual type. {IQ can be rasied super fast.}
*Excellent Stats. {Nuff said}
*Superb lvl 1 Stats and Moves. {Dragon Claw, Heat wave...}

According to the guide I mentioned, Charizard's level 1 stats are lower than a Geodude's.
And in PMD1 Heat Wave is a level 0 move(so you can use it in level 1 dungeons, yes), but in PMD 2 it's a level 59 move.

Kecleon. Best stats ever.
His stats are good. Just good, there are lots of others with better stats. They just say Kecleons are very strong because they're at level 90.

Level 100 Smeargle:
158 HP, 88 Atk, 52 Def, 92 Sp.Atk, 51 Sp.Def

Level 100 Kecleon:
205 HP, 103 Atk, 77 Def, 103 Sp.Atk, 71 Sp.Def

Level 100 Golduck:
229 HP, 139 Atk, 89 Def, 147 Sp.Atk, 89 Sp.Def

Pikachu - One word..."discharge". Ah, so many times I've wandered into a monster house, had to quickly use a max elixir, then sat back and watched them all faint one by one. :) But, negative points. Low PP and if you're up against ground or rock types then you're pretty much screwed tbh.

Piplup-Luv

Piplups Are Awesome
I like all pokemon really. I don't see any as better or worst.

But if you're refuring to the storyline characters in PMD games then:

In PMD1: I pretty much liked all the characters minus Gengar (in the storyline). But after the Post Storyline I sorta liked him better. Team A.C.T. was kinda annoying though.

In PMD2/3: I really liked the guild members because of the funny moments and things they did and because of the family-like bond they all have. I also like Grovyle and Celebi because their awesome, 'nough said. Grovle especialy though^^.

The only two I disliked in PMD2/3, storyline character wize, are:

Dusknoir- I pretty much hate him in the storyline only because of the lying, evil, cruel, know-it-all he is. And because of the things he did. Meh, I dunno really. There's probably more reasons then that

Darkrai- In the storyline I hate him because of his doings and evil personality. Also because of the manipulating he did to you and your partner. But like Dusknoir...meh, there's probably more reasons why.

But yeah. I like all pokemon and most of the main game characters.

Last edited:

EzzPeon

just a passerby
I think that as a starter, Vulpix is best. Especially with dark krater in the end, cause it has flashfire. (Resistant against fire type moves, and when hit by a fire type move it gets a power boost)
It can learn overheat (trough TM) and that move beats the crap out of anything within a 1-tile range.

MeowMix

We gotta cook
Sceptile. I don't really use grass types, but he works out pretty good for me.

pros:
-star sensor,quick attacker,sharpshooter,and trap seer.
-leaf blade for big damage with sharpshooter, and absorb/giga drain for a quick heal.
-bullet seed/energy ball/leaf storm for good distance attacks.

cons:
-lots of weaknesses.
-will be hard to get through dark crater.
-can only be found at the end of the game.

Darkrai
Pros
-Ominous wind, to take care of monster houses
-Dark void, a sleep move that effects the whole room
-Time tripper IQ, double speed permantly
-Does damage to sleeping foes
-Good stats obviously
I could go on, but i'll stop here.
Cons
-Ominous wind doesn't work well against normal types
-Extremely difficult to get, and not until after beating darkrai

Tiomasta

Not amused
I play PMD1 so don't mind if I ignore stuff about PMD2.

I still think Golduck is one of the best around (really great stats, nulls bad weather, stops explosion traps and enemies from exploding, no lack of moves), but here's an interesting one:

;269; Dustox

Size: 1. It flies, so pretty much starts with All-Terrain Hiker. Its ability is Shield Dust, which makes it immune to the secondary effect of damaging moves (flinch, burn, etc).

It and Venomoth are the only pokemon to learn Silver Wind (Bug-type, hits all foes in room) that aren't Bug/Flying which has too many weaknesses, including a 4x weakness.

Both also have Psybeam which is a decent ranged move, by the way.

Venomoth is about 18 better in every stat, but here's something that Dustox has that Venomoth doesn't: Moonlight. Recovers HP for all party members.

Dustox can also learn Shadow Ball (another ranged move), which Venomoth can't. Dustox also levels up WAY faster than Venomoth.

Its only real bad thing is that its natural stats really lack Def/Sp.Def, it does need some stat boosters in there.

In PMD2, it's in the A IQ group. Most notably, gets PP Saver (might not use up PP when using a move), Nonsleeper (immune to sleep moves), Multitalent (gets more 5 max PP), Trap Buster (might destroy a trap once stepping on it), Stairs Sensor and Map Surveyor (sees the map and the stairs).

Also, here's another one:

;142; Aerodactyl

Size: 1. It flies, so pretty much starts with All-Terrain Hiker. Has no 4x weakness.

In the mystery dungeon games, it has great stats. Decent~medium Def/Sp.Def and great HP and Atk/Sp.Atk. Yes, even Sp.Atk.

Aerodactyl can learn moves like Wing Attack, Bite, Ancient Power, Flamethrower (which is ranged) and Take Down (which is great in power and PP, its downside is the recoil, which doesn't happen because Aerodactyl has Rock Head).

In PMD2 it's in the D IQ group. Most notably gets PP Saver, Self Curer (heals from status problems faster), Concentrator (reduces evasion but raises accuracy), Gap Prober (thrown items and ranged moves will pass through allies without damaging them), , Critical Dodger (immune to crits), Stairs Sensor, Quick Dodger (raises evasion, making it average again), Trap Seer (won't trigger traps), Quick Striker (can do the default A button attack twice in the same turn).

De Giratina

EVA-01 Pilot
Charizard
+Good Stats
+Has heat wave which clears whole rooms
+Is Awesome
-Rock type moves do 4x damage
-Levels Slowly

Metagross Guy

ᴸ м f ᴬ σ.
Salamance,Darkrai,Sceptile,Empoleon and any pokemon that knows earth power, that move is downright deadly

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The best Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Pokemon? I think I've come to favor Dialga the most to be honest. For one, it's pretty strong. I've used it this whole time in Explorers of Darkness because it's able to defeat almost any Pokemon I encounter, without any problems. Dialga is also a pretty resistant Pokemon, as it doesn't take damage from too many types of moves. Dialga also learns pretty impressive moves like Roar of Time, and its entire movepool itself is diverse enough to give it an edge in almost any situation.

KYUREM

Your HB, My Fist
Dialga.

Pros-
*Roar of Time- Instant death. Everywhere.
*It has CRAZY stats.
*It's a one man team.
*Monster houses are never problems.
*Perfect for recruiting missions.

Cons
-Ground and fighting wreck it.
-Need to keep Max Elixir's and ton's of Oran Berries handy.

Foxfire345

Smugleaf
Mew. Definitely

+ Able to transform into any Pokemon in the world
+ Can learn any move by TM
- Weak to Bug, Ghost, and Dark types

Ok, i think im good.

KYUREM

Your HB, My Fist
I can disagree solely.

Corrosion

Hello Kitty =/= Cat
Charizard:
+Good Stats
+Excelent Movepool (Say hello to three whole room wrecking moves. One of which decimates its two counters.)
+The items. It gets an item so when it is hit with a water type move it is healed!
+It can defeat its three type disadvantages easily. One, Earthquake for rock and electric types. Item for water types.
+Flying type. Ground moves only hurt it 1/8th normal damage.
-Levels slowly.
-4x Weakness to rock type moves, but it has Earthquake.

I am glad that I got Charmander for the personality quiz at the beginning. ^^