• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Best Pokemon in PMD Explorers of Sky

Cooky

384Rayquaza.png

Has got to be Rayquaza!
When you have the item SkyHigh Veil, his attack speed is increased when the weather is clear. His ability makes the weather always clear. So, he can attack TWICE per turn, and it doesnt use up extra PP.

For example here is the games message when you attack:

Rayquaza's SkyHigh Veil sped up attacks!
Rayquaza used Dragon Pulse!
Pokemon takes damage
Rayquaza used Dragon Pulse!
Pokemon takes damage

and only 1 PP of Dragon Pulse is used up!

This makes him able to even KO pokemon easily with attacks that are weak vs that type. For example, I can kill every water pokemon in the game with flamethrower in 1 turn (because it uses it twice).

My currect moveset is:

Rayquaza lvl 63 - Special Band

HP 188/188
Attack 161
Defense 106
Sp. Attack 165 (With Special Band)
Sp. Defense 110

Flamethrower
Dragon Pulse
Extremespeed
Thunderbolt

Flamethrower for range, Dragon Pulse for STAB power, Extremespeed lets me hit enemies 2 tiles away, and Thunderbolt for clearing monster houses.

I used to use Icebeam but I changed it to Extremespeed because it has 12 PP compared to 7, and flamethrower already 2HKOs(but remember, it uses it twice in 1 turn) every pokemon in the game I have faced

The fact that attacks hit twice can make for some awesome strategy.
Examples:

If there are 2 pokemon in a straight line, using a ranged attack can kill the first one, then kill the 2nd one (because it attacks twice, think of it like bullet seed). Also, Extreme Speed can be used the same way (when there are pokemon in a line within 2 tiles).

I dont use this, but one strategy is to utalize the move dragon dance. Since Rayquazas attack speed is already raised, using Dragon Dance (remember, it gets used twice in 1 turn) will raise his attack speed to TRIPLE, and movement speed to double. IN ONE TURN. This means you could use your moves or regular attack at least 3 times in one turn!

Also, Rayquaza has some really great IQ Skills, including:

Self-Curer - Recover faster from status problems
PP-Saver - Pokemon occasionally used a move without draining PP
Stair Sensor - When you enter a floor it shows an arrow pointing in the general direction of the stairs (my favorite IQ Skill)
Critical Dodger- Pokemon cannot be hit by critical hits
Clutch Performer- Pokemons evasiveness raises 2 levels when HP is low

Summary: Rayquaza can attack twice per turn but only use 1 PP, he can kill pretty much every pokemon in the game in 1 turn with any powerful attack. He also has a nice movepool filled with many great moves like flamethrower, thunderbolt, icebeam, and extremespeed. Also, to save even more PP, his regular attack can be used twice in 1 turn also. About 50% of pokemon I face in the highest level dungeons can be KOd by just regular attack (because its used twice in 1 turn). With 4 moves of average 10 PP each, rayquazas SkyHigh Veil can effectively allow him to attack 80 times before his PP runs out! Also Rayquaza has several powerful and helpful IQ Skills like Critical Dodger and Stair Sensor!

Also there is an item named dragon gem that I have yet to obtain that prevents dragons on your team from status problems in clear weather, which would make Rayquaza even more difficult to defeat!

I guess you could call this a guide? Either way, did you like it? Thanks!

Last edited:

bamstaman

:surfpika:I like mudkip because of his diverse moves and all that stuff he also has endeavor which rlly helped me with dialga it brang his hp down by about 400 for me

i also thought of a stratgy like u did we say my swampert has the iq skill where u wont hurt ur friends when confused, so i would get myself confused then use earthquake this might not hurt ur friends becuz the iq skill that prevents u from hurting ur friends during confusion is activated. im not sure if this works cuz i haven tried

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
The best Pokemon would be Darkrai, I like his personality

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I liek Mudkipz.
Eevee is the best. She's so cute, and really strong with Adaptability

Kalslaffin

Herping the Durp

sizida

CoconutIsTheAnswer
I still stick to Drifloon. Drifblim too but my Drifloon is very powerful.

Shade2000

Shade in Shades
PIKACHU (cos that's me) with full IQ, stairs in no time. I also like mewtwo ans shaymin, sky form, and dialga

Spacial

procrastination
Riolu- beat Uxie-as-Groudon, mespirit,azelf, grovyle, spiritomb, dusknoir-and-co, primal dialga and the guild in one try. And it's me. On mystery dungeon explorers of time it's Chimchar and mudkip- me and my partner we are so EPIC!!!!