• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Best Season Of Digimon

Status
Not open for further replies.

akane_rose

winter rose
rose: that would be neat wouldn't it? a digimon with a St. White Day theme!! that would be sweet!! I wonder if it would look as cute as Pucchiemon...

it would be kind of depressing if there was a digimon with St. Black Day (opposite of St. White Day) theme. then again it would be kind of funny! :D

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
Pucchiemon can also be a Data attribute digimon, with Green where there is hot pink on the Vaccine version.

We've already seen Veemon's armor form with the digi-egg of Hope. Saggitarimon appeared during Digimon Frontier, he lead an army of Centarumon to attack some normal children being protected by an Angemon and ruin the city. I'm sure many digimon fans made the connection with the trademark blue ears with the crest of Hope on his armor.

Also, there were many Pucchiemon fighting on the human side of the great war in Digimon movie 7.

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
The movie about the Trailmon however was terrible. They could have just turned that into an episode...

it wasn't a Trailmon (that's the train from Frontier). It was Locomon (and Grand Locomon). And it wouldn't have worked so simply as a regular episode, since this featured a different antagonist, and if you intend for him to suddenly show up in the middle of another antagonist's arc (ala Ice Devimon in Frontier), then that wouldn't work. Aside from D-Reaper overtaking the city, you'd also have to consider that between Culumon performing Shining Evolution and D-Reaper's defeat, both humans and Digimon were working together to protect their worlds. This would likely include Parasimon. Plus, as Pika Hikari KT mentioned, it is possible to fit it into an epilogue (though it's debatable... this wasn't by the same director as the series, but in spite of that, everything seems like it would fit if you exclude Beelzebumon being in normal mode and having Behemoth at first.... and Justimon being in the Digital World for some strange reason). Besides, who doesn't wanna see a theatrical built around Ruki's backstory?

We've already seen Veemon's armor form with the digi-egg of Hope. Saggitarimon appeared during Digimon Frontier, he lead an army of Centarumon to attack some normal children being protected by an Angemon and ruin the city. I'm sure many digimon fans made the connection with the trademark blue ears with the crest of Hope on his armor.

you mean anime-only Digimon fans who happened to see 02 made that connection. Certain other Digimon fans are well acquainted with the rest of the franchise and already knew about Saggitarimon for as long as the D-3 LCD games were out in Japan.

I recall not enjoying the final battle of Tamers, but I haven't seen past the first half of Tamers in ages so it might just be shoddy memory.

I liked it, personally. There wasn't any of that pulling through with the power of hope and friendship, or the children's Digivices suddenly pulling a miracle or some similar crap. Tamers's final battle seemed a bit more realistic. Grani had to sacrifice himself for Dukemon to become Crimson Mode (and even then, it was anything but an easy fight), Saint Galgomon saves the day (rather than the main goggle boy, who was doing his own thing by rescuing Juri), some pretty complex usage of rubber science, and then there's that final blow Dukemon delivered to the Juri-type ADR... Dukemon and Takato, determined to prove D-Reaper wrong about nothing being important, deliver an adrenaline-charged fist straight into the ADR's torso. I'll take that over "the Digivices suddenly shoot a miraculous beam of light" anyday.

Anyway, Tamers is my favorite. I am a little biased, since it was my first time seeing an anime series in Japanese, and I've got strong attachments to it. Nontheless, it was very realistic and more well-paced compared to the other series (notice that in Tamers, there's barely any action going on during the first couple episodes... hell, an evolution doesn't even take place until episode 3. Instead, more of the time's spent on characterization, and Tamers really seemed to excel in showing the Digimon/human relationship). Plus, I really loved the music (One Vision and The Biggest Dreamer kick all kinds of ss ^^... friggin' loved the usage of the Adventurers' Battle soundtrack in later episodes, as well). The ending wasn't too bad, neither... kinda open-ended, yet hopeful, and not overly corny like 02's epilogue (you know, with pretty much everybody in existance getting a Digimon).

Last edited:

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
rose: that would be neat wouldn't it? a digimon with a St. White Day theme!! that would be sweet!! I wonder if it would look as cute as Pucchiemon...

it would be kind of depressing if there was a digimon with St. Black Day (opposite of St. White Day) theme. then again it would be kind of funny! :D

That would be fun. It could end up a mix between the Angemon vs. Devimon thing and the Leomon vs. Ogremon situation. Opposites and enemies by species and nature. I`d like to see that.

Yamato-san said:
Plus, I really loved the music (One Vision and The Biggest Dreamer kick all kinds of ss ^^... friggin' loved the usage of the Adventurers' Battle soundtrack in later episodes, as well).
Agreed. After all, The Biggest Dreamer is one of my favorite songs; and it was only when I moved onto other animé that I switched it for the third Zatch Bell Japanese opening(which is f^cking cool).

not overly corny like 02's epilogue (you know, with pretty much everybody in existance getting a Digimon).
The Japanese 02 ending was sort of cool...I mean, Koji Wada's part of Bokura no Digital World is cued when the digivices all glow...and Ai Maeda's part is used for Oikawa's death. It's so pretty.;_; ...And Butterfly is used for the epilogue. Can't get much more fitting than that.^__^

akane_rose

winter rose
Flygon Prince said:
Pucchiemon can also be a Data attribute digimon, with Green where there is hot pink on the Vaccine version.

Also, there were many Pucchiemon fighting on the human side of the great war in Digimon movie 7.
rose: oops... ^^; I didn't really notice the blue ears on Saggitarimon during that episode. I was um... busy paying attention to something else during the show. ^^; *laughs nervously*

yeah, another Angemon vs. Devimon or Leomon vs. Ogremon situation would be fun to watch!!! :D *laughs*

Yamato-san

I own the 5th gen
The Japanese 02 ending was sort of cool...I mean, Koji Wada's part of Bokura no Digital World is cued when the digivices all glow...and Ai Maeda's part is used for Oikawa's death. It's so pretty.;_; ...And Butterfly is used for the epilogue. Can't get much more fitting than that.^__^

um... you're aware that I wasn't referring to the music used in the ending, aren't you?

akane_rose

winter rose
rose: it would've been nice if the original openings and endings were kept. but it cannot be. :)

anyway, what dubbing agency has the license to dub digimon?

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Part of me is scared of what they may use to replace the songs in Savers. I like they music they use for the dub usually, but I can`t think of anything that would come close enough to live up to that music in my eyes(ears).

I think Disney has control of that.

Beorn

<3 Lucario
Digimon Tamers, that was so pwnsome and it was the only season that they couldn't fill with their 5 year old marketing!

Ralts Master

Knight of White Eye
Tamers is the best of the three I've seen. The first season is next. But the second... ugh. The ending was terrible, and the way they handled the Undersea Master subplot (ie completely forgot it) was just irritating. Also, I hated Myotismon in the first season and I hate him even more for killing two much more interesting villains in the second...

Last edited:

Rapiido

Seasons One and Two. They DESTROYED the Digital world after that. NOTHING looked the same. It was like an entirely new Digital world. They were HORRID.

Hakuryuu

Bloody git
Seasons Zero One and Zero Two are by far my favorites. The rest, with the exception of Tamers, seemed half done and boring.

akane_rose

winter rose
rose: be a afraid be very afraid. I'm too scared to even think about how the heck they'll (dubbing people) replace the opening of Savers. I like totally love the opening song!!!

Puffs

...NINE-THOUSAND!!!!
Disney didn't do a terrible job with dubbing Frontier. The opening was pretty nice, and a lot of Digimon kept their japanese names.

I trust they'll do a decent job with Savers, although I can't imagine what they might name the characters.

Kariachi

Power Is Beautiful
Part of me doesn`t think they`ll dub it. Maybe it`s just paranoia, but I`m worried about that. Although, in my mind, Yoshino could only get better with dubbing.

akane_rose

winter rose
rose: Disney the one dubbing Digimon? o_O so the credits were telling the truth!! whoa... I just notice my grammar wasn't right in the last post. o_O

Status
Not open for further replies.