• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Best Severely Neglected Pokémon

The best of the best.

• Total voters

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The Best Severely Neglected Pokémon

Oh, these poor unfortunate creatures. Birthed from the loins of a parent that could never love them, into a cruel world they were never meant to tread. Introduced to a society that would never except their way of life, forcing them to reside in solitude within the dank, dark depths of the ~Generic Forest of Woe~. Degenerating into primative outcasts who seek to eliminate any wandering soul who dare stray near their patch of territoty.

But of all these neglected souls, who are deemed far too unpopular to appear in Pokémon more than once, who's the most tolerab- uhh, best of the lot?

Blazios

Pikachu.

Seriously now. Milotic.

Even more seriously now. I'd have to go with Pidgey. Apart from Episode 1 (which hardly counts), I don't really remember any major appearences. or maybe Beedrill, which, outside of the generic twerp-chasing action, was hardly ever featured.

Rex Kamex

Gravy, you forgot Gyarados...

Pikachu.

Seriously now. Milotic.

Even more seriously now. I'd have to go with Pidgey. Apart from Episode 1 (which hardly counts), I don't really remember any major appearences. or maybe Beedrill, which, outside of the generic twerp-chasing action, was hardly ever featured.

Why? Ash tried to catch it.

For episodes, there was "Carring On" and "Fly Me to the Moon" though.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I suppose the one i can tolerate, is Arcanine...I never get bored of it...I'm sick of Growlithes, but Arcanine is fine.

S.Suikun

Thank you, SPPf! :)
Best neglected Pokemon, you say?

Mother****ing Charizard. That was the damn coolest thing to ever happen to Ash, and ever since he released it and never came back for it (like he does to every Pokemon), there's been an empty hole in my heart. Some nights, I stare outside my window and I scream, "WHY, WRITERS, WHYYYYYYY!?!?" The rest of my neighbors think I'm insane. You can make this right, people. Start a petition and get 1000 people to sign it. With our combined efforts, Pokemon of Japan will have to take notice and feature Charizard in every single battle of every single episode and be featured on-screen at all times, even getting its own opening and ending.

If all else fails, we will always have our worldwide boycott to resort to.

(Seriously, the Marill family bugs me the least of the bunch due to the fact that their countless appearances are mainly composed of background material.)

Golbat, because it's severe neglect is true to the games. Why can't the anime be more of a complete copy of the games?!?!?

Rave

Banned
Porygon, because we'll pretty much never see it on television ever again.

Rave

Banned

Waterlower

A spiritomb fan
I say ;184;. For such great pokemon it has only had one appearence in a battle ( if I remember correctly) but it sure would have much potential with its great movepool and ability.

ya for my first post!!!

Luxor

Plaza Master
Golbat, because it's severe neglect is true to the games. Why can't the anime be more of a complete copy of the games?!?!?

Hehe... Someone needs to watch the latest Team Galactic episodes! ;)

Anyway, I think it is too bad that the Porygon-line was never really shown in the English dub, since it was banned for obvious reasons. I don't recall ever seeing Porygon2 though.
I would also like to see Golduck again... And I really miss Psyduck!

QFT. Porygon will never be seen again. *sad violin music plays in the background*

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
Oh boy, something tells me people missed the point of Gravy's thread. :rolleyes:

Think "opposite of thread title."

And, Gravy, how could you forget Skarmory? Remember how that thing kept appearing in every episode in mid-Hoenn? Holy crap, I was all Skarm'd out.

And what about that damn Oddish? Oddish has a nasty habit of appearing everywhere and anywhere, I can't throw a stick without finding another damn Oddish jumping out of the woodwork.

Last edited:

Starlight Aurate

Just a fallen star
Scizor is coolest, some people need to aprreciate this bug-and-steel weapon of doom.

espeon+glaceon=awsome

The one and only
Arcainine!!!!!!! Yea maybe it was use by like 5 Jennys and Gary and Tucker usesd them but still ...
maybe Shedninja

Last edited:

Electivirus

Not really, no.
One word: Gyarados.

Oh dear Arceus in heaven, Gyarados. All it ever seems to do is show up just so it can fire it's SUPA MEGA AWESUM HYPA BEEAMMMZUU!!! Jeez, I swear I can't even look 30 degrees to the left without this thing showing up. -_-

ForeverFlame

The Porygon family. I mean, so what if Porygon screwed up? 2 and -Z never even got a shot at the Anime. Growing up I didn't even learn what the heck a Porygon was until I bought the sticker book.

Blue Snover

Cold as ice
I vote Scizor, because it's the best of a bad bunch.

Squaaah

Honestly i dont think the onix/steelix line can be described as neglected. Steelix pop up quite freaquently, and so did onix in Kanto and Orange islands as a main story pokemon, despite Brock already having one.

Gravy

Contaminated KFC
The Porygon family. I mean, so what if Porygon screwed up? 2 and -Z never even got a shot at the Anime. Growing up I didn't even learn what the heck a Porygon was until I bought the sticker book.

Honestly i dont think the onix/steelix line can be described as neglected. Steelix pop up quite freaquently, and so did onix in Kanto and Orange islands as a main story pokemon, despite Brock already having one.
The basic gist of the thread is "Which of these largely overused characters do you find the least annoying/most tolerable?"

Sheesh guys, am I really that bad at sarcasm? I try and try, slaving over a luke warm keyboard all day, and this is the thanks I get for all my hard work?!

Oh, and it seems I DID miss out Gyarados and Skarmory (also Rhydon, come to think of it) who are just as notorious as the others. You can blame Milotic and it's not-at-all-opinion-based beauty for distracting me.