• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The best state?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The best state is obviously Florida. Or Washington since I was born there. :)

ironknight42

While I am biased towards certain states...

Pennsylvania, if you know where to live besides we still don't have a buget it is ftw
Virginia: Just like the state sorry guys
Illinois: Love Chicago metropolitan area
New Mexico: the northern part, it is so wonderful, and the lack of humidiy is a nice change from Pennsylvania nad Virginia

Overall I got to say my home state Pennsylvania...because I am naturally biased towards it, but I just want Uncle Ed voted out when the governors election comes around and I want Pat Toomey to get elected to the Senate throwing out the traitor Spectre...

Crystal Clair

Even though New Jersey suffers from pollution, a bad reputation and Camden, I think it's a beautiful state. It's got beautiful beaches, nice mountains, and is in close proximity to NYC. And despite it being the most densely populated state, there's an unbelievable amount of rural areas. I feel like I'm in the country more than the city when I drive through NJ. And I don't just go one place. I've gone northwest to Sussex, south to Ocean, north through Bergen and on the NJ Turnpike. The only densly populated trip was the Bergen way.

From my studying of the states, I'd can't really say what the best state is. When it comes to weather, Hawaii and Southern California are nice. When it comes to diverse geography, California wins because it holds a rainforest, the hottest and driest desert in North America, Sierra Nevada, a nice mountain range, nice beaches both northern and southern, and is basically it's own country. I'd mainly say California is like this because it's unusually big.

Not sure if I'd call it one of the best but Alaska is very interesting with it's climate and height extremeties.

In the end, I don't think there is any greatest state. My favorites are Pennsylvania, New York and New Jersey.
(I like Connecticut and Rhode Island because I know they have lots of old money there and there's something fascinating about authentic preps)

firepokemon

Fire and Ice
Oh please New Zealand isn't that great.

M I S S I S S I P P I I P P I S S I S S I M

Johny boy

I'm playing SS!
Its all bout that Texas!Texas is the main site for meat!Meat eaters-come!vegetarians-no come!

Cain Nightroad

Daydreaming
I live in North Carolina and I personally enjoy the coastal plain region as much as anywhere in California. It's hard to decide where to go when I am old enough to move out.

Plus, we were the state that had no major seaports to boost the economy during the 1700's and we were the southern colony that had the least dependence on slavery.

Oh, and don't forget Edward Teach.

Aksyel

Ya Soshla S Uma
Canada

I would like to live in Massachusetts. Mainly because it is on the coast, but it still snows. The best. Oh, gay marriage is nice too.

glalieguy

Almost there, buddy.
From my studying of the states, I'd can't really say what the best state is. When it comes to weather, Hawaii and Southern California are nice. When it comes to diverse geography, California wins because it holds a rainforest, the hottest and driest desert in North America, Sierra Nevada, a nice mountain range, nice beaches both northern and southern, and is basically it's own country. I'd mainly say California is like this because it's unusually big.

I don't think California could be it's own country. The state owes a lot of money. They just recently laid off A LOT of teachers. Now, a lot of the cool teachers aren't in my school anymore. Although, I have to agree with you. Cali is nice. I especially love San Francisco. Clam Chowder is awesome~
Anyway, I've never been to Death Valley, but I'm going to my school's field trip this year. Our school's the only one in our district going this year. I'm super excited.
EDIT: I think the best state is either California, New York or Massachusetts.

Last edited:

mysterious~fossil~HP~10

Si quaeris peninsulam amoenam circumspice
If you seek a pleasant peninsula, look about you.

Michigan, my home state and the perfect apocalypse refuge. Why?

1. Lakes Superior, Huron, Ontario, Erie and Michigan make up the single largest and most beautiful source of freshwater on earth.
2. Relatively few things that want to eat you, which is always a plus!
3. The coolest state name ever.
4. Come harvest time (around September) we have all the food you could ever want.
5. [Relatively] Natural Disaster free, though we are at the tail end of Tornado Alley.
6. Car Culture!
7. Temperate Climate
8. Abundant wildlife frolicking through picturesque woods.

cookies kill you

Like a boss
to be honest i dont think you could really say there is one i mean florida is nice and hot but theres no snow maine it looks really nice but im pretty sure theres no huge city place but one that just comes to mind is california

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
Minnesota.

You get to freeze your ass off every winter. Best state eva.

GrizzlyB

Confused and Dazed
Johny boy said:
Its all bout that Texas!Texas is the main site for meat!Meat eaters-come!vegetarians-no come!

I can't put into words how unsurprising it is that a post like this was the one to bump this topic.

It's really hard to choose a best state, though. Ones I like particularly are Alaska, Arizona, Colorado, Maine, Minnesota, Nebraska, Las Vegas, Oregon, Pennsylvania, South Dakota, Utah, and Washington. California and Florida obviously suck, and the rest are somewhere in-between.

Status
Not open for further replies.