• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Best There Ever Was

The Jewel of Life

A Gift From Arceus
Hello fellow role-players, after many months away from this forum, I have returned. I hope that many people will join, and enjoy, this game. So without further ado, I will introduce to you The Best There Ever Was.

The World of the Four Races

In the beginning, only pokemon walked the planet known as Earth. Created by the powerful legendaries, Earth and its pokemon inhabitants lived simple lives amongst nature and it seemed like nothing would ever change. But of course, things did change. With time came the discovery that the legendaries could take on not only their pokemon form, but also another, as a creature called a gijinka. These creatures were similar to what we now know as humans, but with pokemon details such as ears or tails, and of course they had the ability to use pokemon moves. At first this form was only available to the legendaries, but soon other pokemon began to become gijinkas, and were unable to change back. As the years passed, the gijinka became their own race along with the pokemon, and once they had a large enough population to grow on their own, a mysterious power stopped pokemon from changing into them. And so life began to continue on again, just as it had before. Many years later, a new race began. These were the humans. No one knows where they came from, but what is known about humans is that they are like gijinkas, but without pokemon features and powers. However, the humans were very smart and less afraid to destroy the nature around them, and soon they had become quite advanced. The last race to appear were the animals. Like the humans, no one knows what caused animals to start appearing; there were simply a few sightings which slowly became more frequent until animals were quite abundant. And thus, with the four races fully formed, life gradually became routine, and the world was at peace.

Although, this wasn't the Earth that you know. Rather, this world was a bit different. Instead of having the many continents that make up the Earth that you are familiar with, this planet had only one. One enormous continent surrounded by oceans and scattered islands. To the north and the west, along the coast, was a very large mountain range. While there were small clusters hills and mountains elsewhere, this was the largest area. The central area of this great continent was mostly hilly grassland, with a few forests and lakes. Eastward from the great grassland was a vast desert that extended all the way to the ocean, riddled with canyons and small oasis' all the way. A few mountains existed in the south, which was entirely dominated by forest, with a few meadows and small clear valleys. The entire continent was traversed by fantastic rivers, and of course, small streams. So from the glaciers of the great range to the hot quicksand pits of the eastern desert, one could say that this Earth was just as diverse as ours, the one you know.

But even with all that land and the peace that was held between races, the winds of change were about to sweep the planet.

For many centuries, the four races had coexisted peacefully. Pokemon would hunt other pokemon or even animals, and on the rarest of occasions, humans. The humans and gijinkas too would have the need to hunt, and the meat in their diet was exclusively pokemon and animals. The diets of the animal carnivores were the same as those of the pokemon. As such, the only blood that was spilled intentionally was for the purpose of sustaining life. However, as time passed, humans, gijinkas, and animals alike noticed that pokemon were becoming more and more scarce. Since all four races could communicate with eachother, the three sent ambassadors to the pokemon, but they seemed to disappear. Villages began to disappear in the south, and soon it became clear that the pokemon had all united- not even hunting each other anymore -and had secluded themselves in the southern forests, away from the other races. It wasn't long after that before the gijinkas followed suit, hiding themselves in the desert. Mere days after the last gijinka was spotted, the humans moved all of their settlements into the grasslands. After a year of trying to negotiate, the animals eventually moved into the mountains. From then on, the races rarely made contact.

Naturally, tensions began to rise. Pokemon would be picked of by humans who trespassed to hunt, raids would be held, robbing towns of their supplies. Within each race there was perfect peace, but among others, it seemed that the world was on the verge of war. Boundaries became strict, weapons were manufactured, and the legandaries took sides, either with their gijinko form, or their pokemon one. And that was how the great world war begun, with each race trying to prove that they were the best there ever was.

You play as a member of one of these four races, whether you be a youngster struggling to survive in a world at war, or a warrior fighting alongside the others of your race. Be strong, and be victorious.

The Four Races

Pokemon-
As the first of the races, the pokemon have no trouble believing that they are the best, and many of the legendaries agreed. Arcticuno, Suicune, Celebi, Ho-oh, Mew, Latios and Latias, Kyogre, Jirachi, the Regi's, Mesprit, Uxie, Cresselia, Palkia, Shaymin, Arceus, and Reshiram chose to side with the pokemon and never again turned into a gijinka. These legends commanded the pokemon armies, and had their own ways to battle. Pokemon have the ability to use moves, as well as varied shapes and sizes, both of which give them an advantage in battle. The territory belonging to the pokemon is in the south; the vast amount of land coated in all kinds of forest- even jungle in the hottest areas. Around the center of this region is a great meadow where a village of nests and crude muddy shelters marks the capital. This is where the legendaries live, and it is the most well protected part of pokemon territory. With its western limits marked by a large river, the pokemon living here have no problem with supplies, and life is as good as it gets for being at war.

Gijinkas-
The gijinkas can use moves of great power, and are more civilized then the pokemon who share this ability. As such, it is only natural that they are the best of the four races. The legendaries who chose this side are Zapdos, Moltres, Mewtwo, Raikou, Entei, Lugia, Groudon, Rayquaza, Deoxes, Azelf, Dialga, Giratina, Heatran, Darkrai, and Zekrom. They have sworn to never again take on the form of a pokemon, and they lead the gijinka army as a team. Like pokemon, gijinkas can use moves, but this isn't their only skill in battle. In addition to their fantastic powers, gijinkas can also develop brilliant tactics and use simple weapons such as swords or arrows. In the east lies a great desert, one that the gijinkas call home. All of their settlements lie along canyon rivers or around oasis'. In the northeastern part of the desert is the largets city of the gijinkas; a city of clay buildings built into the walls of a canyon along a rapid river. This city has the advantage of being difficult to reach, and is the dwelling place of the legendaries.

Humans-
While they possess no special abilities like those of the gijinkas or pokemon, the humans know that they are the best of the races because they are the most civilized and most advanced. No legendaries have ever had a human form, and so the human armies are at the command of a counsel of six brilliant war brains, both men and women. Because they are lacking in physical strength and abilities, humans remain confident that brain is better than brawn and use brilliant tactics. However, they are not at a total loss, for the humans have the most advanced weaponry; guns, tanks, even bombs are at their control. Many great human cities are found throughout the grasslands, however the biggest is the capital; Remun City, found in the south, but still far from the human-pokemon border. Built alongside a lake and atop a hill, Remun City is a perfect place for defense. All of the members of the counsel of six live and meet here, and it is in Remun City where most of the weapons and other useful inventions are made.

Animals-
The animals are not exceptionally strong or smart, and cannot even use moves like pokemon and gijinkas. However, they have faith that they are the best for they are the most kind and peaceful of the four races. No single animal is greater than another in their beliefs, and while some are more influential than others, there is no clear leader of this race. By putting all of their brains together, the animals are able to develop interesting battle strategies, but not as well as the gijinkas or humans can. Without weapons or mystical powers, the animals are forced to rely on their diversity. There are more species of animal than of any other race, not by a small amount either; there are millions of animal species, while pokemon and gijinkas can only boast a little over five hundred. Also, some animals have limited abilities such as venom or the power of flight, which can help out in battle. While there is no clear capital of the animal nation, and most just live alone or in small colonies, there is one colony that is larger than the others. The animals live in the great mountain range, and their biggest village lies in a decent sized valley within these mountains.

Final Notes-
Just to let you know, only Remun City has a name; the other cities and such of the four races are nameless and simply described when one wants to speak of them. Also, pokemon and animals that live in the water- whether it be fresh or the ocean -inhabit the body of water closest to their territory and help out with coast battles, either that of find some kind of other way to help. If you want to describe a city or other settlement in your character's history or somewhere else, simply write vaguely and remember the different territories of the races. You will be fine then.

Rules

1) No traitors. That means you cant be a pokemon that fights for the humans, etc.

2) No mary-sues, godmodding, flaming, and other things that are outlawed in role-plays.

3) Remember that gijinkas only use basic weapons, and don't do anything too destructive when playing as a human; ie don't use nuclear weaponry or any other weapons of mass destruction.

4) Don't play as any of the legendaries, and don't sign up as a shiny.

5) I am very open to plot bunnies, so feel free to get creative. If its anything big, though, I ask that you PM me first.

6) What was that rule again? The most important one of all, the one that if broken, would destroy the entire role-play and result in the end of the world? Oh yeah, have fun!

The Sign Up Form

Name: Pokemon and animals have a single name that may consist of one word or two put together. Gijinkas have a first and last name, which you need to fill out, and humans have a middle name too, though this is optional. Also, just remember to be original. Anyone who tries to sign up as a ferret named Bandit is going to receive my full fury.

Gender: Male or female, unless you are a genderless pokemon. I assume that no one will be playing as one of those weird snails that are both genders at once, or one of those fish that can change genders, so I will leave it at that.

Age: Pokemon, gijinkas, and humans all have similar lifespans, so pick your age accordingly. Remember to take into account the lifespan of whatever animal you are playing as before giving your age. Also remember that this is a war, so anything under eighteen (in pokemon-human-gijinko terms) or above forty who will be actively taking part in the war needs a decent explanation. However, you may be younger and just remain a victim of the turmoil or something like that. The choice is yours.

Species: This is a fairly straightforward category. If you are a human character, you may leave this out or simply type 'human'. Also, for animals, I will not accept someone who puts just 'spider' or 'bear', you need to specify.

Race: This will probably be clear with the species, but it is necessary because I need to tell the difference between gijinkas and pokemon (which would have the same species') and I need to know that you have a brain. Hopefully, you do.

Appearance: Be very detailed here; one long paragraph at least. For pokemon and animals, add in differences between your specific character and the others of their species, in addition to just describing what that species looks like- even though I probably already know. Other than that, just remember that a gijinka must have at least to pokemon features.

Personality: This is a very important category, so be sure to add a lot of detail; at least one long paragraph worth of it. Describe what your character would do in various situations, and try not to be too cliche.

History: History is probably going to be your longest section. You will need to summarize your character's life up until the point when the role-play begins. I would like to see at least two paragraphs for this section, and it can't be too long (unless, of course, you have to use multiple posts to fit it in XD).

Role-play Sample: Just take a sample of your role-playing from another place, or write one up on the spot. This is just my way of making sure that your style doesn't drive me insane, which it probably won't.

Other Information

I myself will be role-playing with four total characters, one from each race. In addition, I will take control of the leaders of each race on occasion, in order to progress the game. My four sign-ups will hopefully be fit into my next post, or shortly after. Also, I will kindly ask that you try to use some variety in your characters; in other words, I don't want everyone to play as a pokemon or gijinka. I have a bad sense that the animal race is going to be neglected, but I have enough faith in you all not to put a limit on how many people can sign up for each race. On that note, I have a truely unlimited roster, so there is no need for you to make reservations or anything like that. Sign-ups will stay open for a long time, even after the game has begun, so if you join late, just PM me to see how you will fit in. Also, because the more characters means the merrier, I will allow you to control up to four different characters, though whether they all belong to the same race or one from each is up to you. I have planned out battles and raids, but not who will be victorious. As such, it is up to you all, the role-players, to determine the victor of this world war. All in all, I just hope that this role-play gets some sign ups and is fun for all who join it.

Last edited:

aggiegwyn

-Name:
Kina Fellows
-Species:
Gardevior
-Race:
Gijinka
-Appearance:
She has pale skin with red eyes. She has human, green hair with three red spikes in her hair. One on the left side, one on the right side, and one on the front. It looks as if she wears a kimono like outfit, but it is actually her skin. She has a green band acroos her waist, and she wears green gloves. She has a very flat figure, almost no production on her chest. She is around 5' 6 tall. She does not have any feet, so they never show under her dress.
-Personality
She is generally very quiet. She tries to focus on the battle at hand, and observe others to learn new things for herself. When she does speak, it is generally for a good reason. She has a fear of fire pokemon, for her parents suffered from the fire pokemon. She despises Pokemon the most out of all the races, then Humans, then Animals. She does not believe Animals really need to be hurt if they are so useless. She does what she can to protect others, and tries not to have others need to protect her. If she faces a problem, generally she will try to beat it on her own, she does not want anyone else endangered because of her.
-History
Kina was born in the forest by both of her parents, Nake and Fila Fellows. She grew up as an optimistic child, and showed great skill in physic power. At the age of 3 her little brother, Heti, was born, and they moved to the desert. There, she befriended Sak, a Sandshrew Gijinka. When Kina turned 17, her parents told her to go out with Sak to have fun. That very night, Kina enjoyed her first kiss, and her parents and little brother were killed. After that, she left Sak to join the army, hoping to avenge her family's death.
-Role Play Sample:
*Looks at Joey*
"No. I can't. I am not going to hurt an innocent child for the sake of our benifit. She deserves to live for her survival, and I will go by what she deserves. You try to kill her, and I will attempt to protect her, even if killing you is a part of that process."

I hope you will let me join.