• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The best thing that happened to you on D/P

Status
Not open for further replies.

mew..

What do you want?
beating a hax'ed skuntank in the battle tower.

the hax there is insane.

the best thing to ever happen to me was probably in the battle tower against palmer. his pokemon never once hit any of mine. and starmie got a critical on every one of his pokemon.

I don't know if I posted anything here before, but I have a new best thing ~
SRing for a Pokémon, and actually getting a Shiny from it ^_____________^
(it was a Drifloon)

New thing. Sring for a Shiny Cherubi and getting it, just four days after my Shiny Drifloon ^_______________________^

Argon

Banned
Ar: There has been a good thing happen to me in Diamond and Pearl. Then it turned bad. It all started when I was taking a break after my third gym badge in Pastoria City (Maylene was getting too hard for me at the time, so I just skipped straight ahead to Wake). I decided to go to the Great Marsh for the first time. That was when I found a colored Quagsire. My first thought was that Nintendo must have decided to change Quagsire to Purple-colored (I don't think straight when I think quick). I realized that it had been, in fact, colored. I tried catching it, but it fled after 14 attempts. I turned my game off afterwards, and sulked for 5 hours.

Gon: When I was in the battle tower, I was up against a really tough opponent. I had two strategies, but he quickly fended from them. My first strategy was for Lopunny to use bounce, while Golem uses Earthquake. Stupid me for giving Golem Quick Claw! Lopunny was defeated afterwards. My second strategy was for Pachirisu to use Discharge while Golem was out. My opponent switched to Nincada and Staravia used Fly. The battle was very close after a while. My only active pokemon was Golem, and it was down to the point where the meter in the HP bar turns red. My opponent had a Hitmonchan, and it, too was in the red-zone. Hitmonchan was one Rock Climb away from biting the dust, yet, my Golem was also one Brick Break away from being a goner. Luckily, for me, Golem still had Quick Claw. I was so excited, that I nearly fainted.

Cel: The luckiest thing that has ever happened to me was when I caught Heatran. It all started when I was making my way to Stark Mountain. I was exactly 5 steps away from Heatran, and I made sure everything was ready, when I noticed... What!? I don't have very many Capture Balls left. I only have 7 Ultra Balls, 19 Timer Balls, 5 Luxury Balls, 5 Pokeballs, and 5 Great Balls. I used most of them up when I was trying to catch Azelf.
Oh, well. I walked up to Heatran, anyways, and entered battle. I had Empoleon out and had him use Hydro Pump. I prayed that it wouldn't defeat Heatran, and it didn't. It landed at just a few pixels from the red-zone. I then, sent out Luxray to use Strength and see what happened. It weakened him by just a little, so I tried again. It was a critical hit, and Heatran's HP was no longer visible. I was about to reset, when I noticed that Heatran's sprite had not yet sunken. I started throwing Luxury Balls, and then, Ultra balls. Then I just threw the Pokeballs and Great Balls without any thought. I then, threw the Timer Balls, but he escaped out of every ball that I threw. I decided to reset. This time, I had Empoleon use Hydro Pump. Unfortunately, this time, it was a critical hit. I reset once again. This time, I had Floatzel use Waterfall twice, then Luxray's Strength once more. Her HP was in the red-zone, though, still visible. I threw about 7 Ultra Balls, then the Luxury Balls. After trying only three times, you don't expect the worst. I didn't, and decided just to throw Pokeballs and Great Balls just to entertain myself. However, on the fourth Great Ball, it actually shook. At first, I thought, "Well, it shook. Now back to business". Then, it shook again. I started feeling a little shaky, but not much. On the third, shake, I was absolutely uneasy. Then, it darkened and three stars came out, signaling that I had captured the pokemon. I nearly passed out.

Last edited:

Adeku

Formerly Torterra14
the day that diamond came out and got it on route 201 on my way to c my mom i caught a shiny bidoof randomly in the grass im lucky i bought 5 pokeballs

Britt

Collector!
I've had a few good things happen in Pearl.

First, was when one of my Pokemon caught Pokerus early in the game, and then spread to the rest of my party. Then, later after I'd beaten the Elite 4 and was migrating some Pokemon over via the Pal Park, I realized my Gardevoir (that I'd migrated over) also had Pokerus. I've now got a TON of Pokemon with Pokerus in Pearl.

Secondly was probably migrating over Entei, Suicune and Raikou. A little odd, but they're a set of my favorite legendaries and since I had to restart LeafGreen three times to get them, well, I was relieved when I finally got them all.

And my third best thing has yet to come, but when I get my Deoxys from GameStop, that'll definitely top my "Best Thing That Has Happened In Pearl" list.

xXPorygonXx

Sort of active
Day I got the Darkrai from the giveaway.

Something that I did like was finding a shiny Feebas in the wild. It had a Modest nature, I haven't evolved it yet. I'm still basking in it's glory.

DarkPikachu1995

Cute, but EVIL
the best thing that happened to me probably was when I was chaining with my poke radar and I found a shiny pikachu

Hauntshadow

Hey man!
1)Beating the E4 and only having a Drifblim with 6 HP left!
2)Catching shiny Mr.Mime on a chain of 3.

Erladis

God in Training
One more lucky thing that happened t ome on pearl was while fighting Regigigas. I sent out my Gallade , T-waved it and used Psycho cut to get it in the low red. My stratagy was to use 10 Ultras then Timer, 10 Ultras then Timer and so on. Then I used about 10 ultra balls with no luck. Timer ball with no luck. Then I decided to use a poke ball just for kicks before going back to ultra balls. By some miracle it the poke ball worked and I was shocked.

Igloo

PinsirUsedGroundTime
The best thing...
Hatching a Swinub, EV training it ad nausea, and spending months and months doing so because of school interference and lack of proper Power Items... and then seeing it pay off as it finally evolved not too long ago into a Piloswine, then a Mamoswine.

And while you're reading this, could someone tell me what tier Mamoswine belongs in?

MorningStar

The two best things that happened to me in my game are....
I was able to catch Dialga with a pokeball and when i encountered a shiny whiscash when i was searching for a dratini and i caught it!

Last edited:

Azk

Porkymon trainer
Caught my first Pokéradar shiny ever! A adamant starly. I used a synchronizer, but that doesn't matter!

KetchupO

tωisted
Finding two shinies in 5 minutes :) (Roselia)

pokejade

Garchunks
the best thing that happened to me was when i checkd my salamences ev and they are
hp 25
atk 31
def 24
satk 30
sdef 22
spd 30

Status
Not open for further replies.