• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

The Better Basculin Form

Which Basculin form is better?

• Red-Striped Basculin

Votes: 32 29.9%
  • Blue-Striped Basculin

Votes: 33 30.8%
  • I like them both equally.

Votes: 12 11.2%
  • I hate them both equally.

Votes: 22 20.6%
  • What's a Basculin?

Votes: 8 7.5%

• Total voters

Missingno. Master

Poison-type Trainer
Which of Basculin's two forms do you prefer? Red-Striped or Blue-Striped?

For reference, here are the differences between the two forms.

*Red-Striped Basculin have red stripes going down the length of their bodies, just above their eyes. Blue-Striped Basculin stripes are blue instead. Gasp. I never would have guessed.

*Red-Striped Basculin have wide, red eyes. Blue-Striped Basculin have narrower blue eyes.

*Red-Striped Basculin have fins with jagged edges. The fin edges on a Blue-Striped Basculin are smooth.

*Red-Striped Basculin in the wild have a 5% chance of holding a DeepSeaTooth. Wild Blue-Striped Basculin have a 5% chance of holding a DeepSeaScale.

*A Blue-Striped Basculin is available for trade in White Version, and it has Rock Head as the Ability. No Red-Striped Basculin is available with that ability.

*Red-Striped Basculin are more common than Blue-Striped Basculin in Black. The opposite is true for White.

Now, me, personally, I prefer Red-Striped Basculin. I just think they have the cooler design.

Bulletproof

Self explanatory.
I prefer Red striped Basculin. The Narrow eyes on the blue one is sort of a turn off.

I voted 'What's a Basculin? because I could.
Aw, hell. I meant to make it so everybody could see who voted on the poll and what they voted for. How do I fix that?

You'll need to PM a mod and ask them to change it IIRC.

I prefer Red, because it has the better design. Blue-striped has those creepy narrow eyes.

Like the other people said, Red Basculin have the better design.

Red Basculin is better. Like everyone else said, Blue's narrow eyes is a turn off.

Arsène

I would hate to see all of your reactions to Asians if the eyes are a problem for you guys.

Tor X

It has two forms?

Dang, I thought I saw a shiny Basculin, but it seems like it was the blue from.

Thanks for ruining my illusions :p

_Snivy

Lover
I don't like Basculins, LOL!

Arceus94

Lulu_used_SunnyDay

Petal Blizzard
Blue Basculin's a lot cuter. I love the shape of its eyes. I have one in my 2nd black team :)
The red form looks a bit messy...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I like the blue stripe better, because my favorite color is blue

MetalSonic

Orderan' Defendan'
I've only ever rocked "Blueeye". Though I don't really prefer any design over the other. I like to think of them as having a scottish voice for some reason. -w- I like to use mine 4 HM jobs and EV'ing with other Basculin.

takbir10

Banned
Mcdonalds french fries

Simipour

<('.'<) (>'.')>
All basculin is is a speed EV slave and nothing more. If i accidentely surf in the shaking spot i see the blue one instead, big deal. That being said the blue one is probably more ugly

MugoUrth

Bibarel's adorable.
They both look the same to me.